g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Jose's Wish List...

RuudTom83

Forgetting about squad players and just focussing on the starting eleven...I'd say Jose still has plenty of players and positions to try and improve this summer. 4 new players would be my expectation but it might take another season to get a full Jose team.

Plus i think the first buy will be Griezmann to help out Rashford.

----------DDG----------
Tony--Bailly--???--???

--------Herrera---------
-----???------Pogba----

-----Miki--------???-----
---------Rashford-------

AgentP

After Arsenal lose the FA cup tomorrow(;)), we should make a 50m bid for Sanchez just to test the waters. We can easily offer him whatever wages he wants. If our bid is way higher than Bayern's, the Arsenal board will atleast have something to think about.

crossy1686

career ending
So, with Silva off to City and Greizmann pouring cold water on his potential move, who's left and who should we be in for? Really hoping we don't end up with a lot of second choices this summer.

Alexrad

Supports
Red Star Belgrade
Forgetting about squad players and just focussing on the starting eleven...I'd say Jose still has plenty of players and positions to try and improve this summer. 4 new players would be my expectation but it might take another season to get a full Jose team.

----------DDG----------
Tony--Bailly--???--???

--------Herrera---------
-----???------Pogba----

---------Rashford-------
Why do people keep putting Rashford as if he will lead the line? He won't. He might never be that kind of a player and if he will be it's years away. We will buy a striker and Rashford will play on the left/sometimes on the right and be #1 backup for central position.

ROFLUTION

If we don't sign a big name player this place will implode :lol: Silva to City has already started the nervous muppetry way too soon. Mix it with a City double-swoop for Mendy and Fabinho and this place will hail Eric Dier as the next Roy Keane.

RuudTom83

Why do people keep putting Rashford as if he will lead the line? He won't. He might never be that kind of a player and if he will be it's
I think most agree Rashford isn't ready yet and like I said, I expect Griezmann will be arriving to help him out!

But to put it another way, I believe Rashford has proved himself to the manager this season and will be a part of his starting eleven.

In my opinion it is CB, LB, LW which are the areas Jose is more uncertain about.

Flytan

We need a LB more than any other position (If Zlatan stays). I don't think Shaw has the mentality to succeed.

Son Of Sam

If we don't get Naby Keita or a midfielder in his mode then it's a wasted transfer window. Our midfield still needs a box to box CM who is good at winning the ball and also dangerous at causing mayhem in the opposition box.

If Griezmann plays hardball, we should take a punt on Aubameyang. He's fast and knows how to put the ball in the net. Any decent CB who isn't a sicknote is enough. Our defence isn't too weak, the major weakness in this team is chance conversion.

My 4-man list:

Griezmann(Aubameyang)
Naby Keita(Naingollan)
Varane(Lindelof/Keane)
James Rodriguez.

*players in the bracket are plan B should the plan A fails.

I've never been this excited to know who Mourinho will sign this summer. I'm going with the following

• Griezmann
  • Lindeloff
  • Naingollan
  • Silva (bernardo that is)
Yeah I don't think we'll quite manage to pry him away from City mate, he has only just signed

Wan

If we don't sign a big name player this place will implode :lol: Silva to City has already started the nervous muppetry way too soon. Mix it with a City double-swoop for Mendy and Fabinho and this place will hail Eric Dier as the next Roy Keane.
That devil guy is having a hissy fit. Because we haven't sign any exciting players yet and are linked to workhorse kind of players.
Embarrassing.

----------DDG----------
Tony--Bailly--???--???

--------Herrera---------
-----???------Pogba----

---------Rashford-------
Agree with that except for CB. We have enough there IMO who when fit are good enough to start for us as our defensive record shown.

We'll mostly play 4231. New DM to rotate with Herrera/Pogba or play alongside them when we go with 3 in the middle.

We probably need another senior striker and another wide forward. But I can understand if we can't get all of them this window plus number wise we have a lot of attackers.
100m for Griezmann
30+ for LB
30-50 for DM
+1 more attacker.

Mkhi, Martial who we hope will do better out wide with Mata and Lingard as covers(with Rashford/Griezmann also able to play there if need be) Perreira will also be in contention.

POF

I think Ibra's future will have a huge bearing on the summer spending. Even if he was fully fit and had signed his extension, I would say United need 2 forwards (Griezmann plus an orthodox pacy winger). If they need a starting number 9 as well that will put a huge hole in any transfer budget.

It's amazing how many people mention left back, centre back and defensive midfield as the key signings. This is a United team that is solid defensively but can't score to save their lives. The attack needs a complete revamp.

Maybe one defender and an athletic midfield player are required but it doesn't have to be a Makalele. They have to be able to contribute offensively. United played "defensively" vs Ajax with Fellaini in a number 10 role and Herrera and Pogba shielding the defence. They need quality and athleticism there, not a defensive shield.

If United buy 4 players this summer it will most likely be a forward like Griezmann (hopefully exactly like him), a genuine speedy winger, a midfield player (who can play in a 2 with either Pogba or Herrera or a 3 with both) and maybe a defender.

Any further signings depend on De Gea and Ibra's futures.

slir32

I think Ibra's future will have a huge bearing on the summer spending. Even if he was fully fit and had signed his extension, I would say United need 2 forwards (Griezmann plus an orthodox pacy winger). If they need a starting number 9 as well that will put a huge hole in any transfer budget.

It's amazing how many people mention left back, centre back and defensive midfield as the key signings. This is a United team that is solid defensively but can't score to save their lives. The attack needs a complete revamp.

Maybe one defender and an athletic midfield player are required but it doesn't have to be a Makalele. They have to be able to contribute offensively. United played "defensively" vs Ajax with Fellaini in a number 10 role and Herrera and Pogba shielding the defence. They need quality and athleticism there, not a defensive shield.

If United buy 4 players this summer it will most likely be a forward like Griezmann (hopefully exactly like him), a genuine speedy winger, a midfield player (who can play in a 2 with either Pogba or Herrera or a 3 with both) and maybe a defender.

Any further signings depend on De Gea and Ibra's futures.
What happens if Herrera or Pogba or both even get injured? I can't see us winning any games without them. We are in desperate need of a quality DM and maybe even a creative scholes type CM.

Frank Grimes

---------------------------DDG-----------------------
--VALENCIA------BAILLY-------VAN DIJK------SHAW--
--------------------------DIER--------------------------
--------------HERRERA------------POGBA---------------
-------GRIEZMANN--------------------------RASHFORD/MARTIAL
-------------------------LUKAKU--------------------------------

Wan

What happens if Herrera or Pogba or both even get injured? I can't see us winning any games without them. We are in desperate need of a quality DM and maybe even a creative scholes type CM.
Griezmann playing behind the striker would be able to provide that spark. And I can see Perreira being an option there although maybe more in a 3 man midfield.

But who knows who is on that list aside from Griezmann. Just have to wait and see. I'll trust Jose. His Inter days and last season for us transfer wise is very good.

gr3yham3

Okay so City has made the first big move of the summer by signing Silva, who we were linked with not that long ago. I think that we were not interested and that he was perhaps a back-up to Griezmann, similar to how James may be our backup option too. I remember Jose saying that he always has a first, second and third choice in his transfer plans.

Who knows, we may spring a major surprise and bring in another superstar together with Griezmann - those Neymar links have to come from somewhere....

But in all seriousness, I am sure that Jose knows what he wants, and that if Silva was on top of his list, we would not have just stood by and let him join City.

POF

I'd expect the central midfield options next season to be Herrera, Pogba, new signing and Fellaini with a fifth option which will depend on who the new signing is. If the new signing is a Fabinho type who is comfortable being the deepest in midfield then the fifth option may be Pereira. If it's a Matuidi more offensive type then probably another year for Carrick. I expect United to usually play a midfield 2 next season, moving to a 3 for big games.

So, if both Pogba and Herrera were injured it would be the new signing and Fellaini in a midfield 2. If they wanted to play a 3 then Carrick or Pereira or even someone like Tuanzebe when a pure defensive shield is needed.

crossy1686

career ending
We don't have enough creative outlets on the wings. Mourinho has always had a 'Hazard' type player and we don't have that at the moment, unless that's what he's expecting Greizmann to be? If he does then we're still short a decent striker or two.

The real possitive is that Jose clearly knows what he wants. If he's given Ed his list a couple of months ago, it gives is a good chance of getting the right players in early. All his 4 signings last year had a significant impact, Miki and Bailly were not on anyone's radar and I expect something similar this year.

Greizmann seems to be the 2017 version of Pogba, but hopefully not so drawn out and then expect some interesting surprises. The days of having very limited market knowledge under LVG and especially Moyes are over and I don't see any Ed vanity signings like Di Maria & Falcao either. Should be exciting.

Litch

What ever it is, it needs to be players that go straight into the starting 11.....

Xeno

Griezman 80
Neymar 150
Verratti 20m + Martial
Giminez 50m

Seeing as £300m seems fair.

Alexrad

Supports
Red Star Belgrade
I think most agree Rashford isn't ready yet and like I said, I expect Griezmann will be arriving to help him out!

But to put it another way, I believe Rashford has proved himself to the manager this season and will be a part of his starting eleven.

In my opinion it is CB, LB, LW which are the areas Jose is more uncertain about.
Thing is, neither of them will be playing that lead striker position. Neither of them excell at that. We either play that and buy someone like Morata, Belloti, Lukaku to be that guy...or we play different setup to accomodate both Rashford and Griezmann in the same team.

SuperiorXI

Not sure but I don't believe that he is leaving it all to Ed Woodward. Countless transfers in the past have hung on the fact the manager spoken to the target.

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
Why do people keep putting Rashford as if he will lead the line? He won't. He might never be that kind of a player and if he will be it's years away. We will buy a striker and Rashford will play on the left/sometimes on the right and be #1 backup for central position.
He can lead the line in a 4-4-2 with Griezmann, of course he can, and he will. Rashford is not starting the season as a sub, and Mourinho won't start the season in 4-3-3.

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
He scored five league goals last season. It would be absolutely crazy to rely on him as a first choice player next year.
That might be, but I'll even tell you more: unless we're getting a first rate star, like Griezmann, and we stick to 4-3-3 or orthodox 4-2-3-1, there's no one going to sit him. For instance, if we get Bellotti or even Lukaku, they'll start behind Rashford. Those are not Zlatan type of players who're going to impose themselves just like that. Besides, Mourinho clearly rates Rashford not only as a player, but as a professional. If the goals keep coming in pre-season, he won't be benched.

An Irish Red

That might be, but I'll even tell you more: unless we're getting a first rate star, like Griezmann, and we stick to 4-3-3 or orthodox 4-2-3-1, there's no one going to sit him. For instance, if we get Bellotti or even Lukaku, they'll start behind Rashford. Those are not Zlatan type of players who're going to impose themselves just like that.
They're both much better players than Rashford though. I think we'll play a 4-2-3-1 with Griezmann as a ten and a new signing as a striker so I doubt Rashford will get many games up front next year.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
For me we have the following issues, providing De Gea doesn't leave.

RB- Valencia is great but can't play every game, even acknowledged by Mourinho that he is struggling to play twice in one week. This is how it goes for players at the top level when they are getting a bit older. We need a back up option that can come in and still provide a threat down that side.

CB- Too many question marks over those we have here and a bad injury record for Smalling & Jones. Rojo has just had major knee surgery. I'd argue that we possibly need two here if Smalling and/or Jones leave. Neither are good enough and I've accepted that after holding out hope.

LB- Shaw has potential but is now stuggling with injuries, fitness and form. Mitchell looks promising. How Jose will handle this one I don't know. To stick with what we have is a gamble. To discount Shaw & Mitchell is perhaps a gamble too.

CM- We're really weak in these areas. We need somebody with good defensive nous and just general all round quality here if we want to get the best out of Pogba and try to dominate the bigger teams. I like Herrera but I still think we need better. He's not a DM and he needs to play in a 3 I think, this is an issue if we sign Griezmann and want to get the best out of him. Carrick is on the wane and Fellaini is what he is.

LW- Martial has all the talent but has had a poor season. He's also arguably a striker. A tough one to figure out really, bearing in mind the talent that Martial has, but we certainly lack depth in the position.

RW- We have nobody. This position is essential for us to spend money on. Mkhi has been awful imo and Mata, whilst having good technique and being a reliable player, just doesn't offer enough threat or dynamic as a player. If we were a possession based team then he'd be ok, but we aren't. I'm almost expecting one of the two to be moved on this summer.

ST- Without Zlatan we don't have a source of goals in our team. Rashford is still too green and Martial doesn't get much of a chance through here. Griezmann as a 10 could replace Zlatans output, but even then we only achieved 6th this year and struggled for goals too much. We probably need another goalscorer too, somebody a bit different to Rashford in style that can give us ootions.

Backup- I don't think we have enough off the bench in some games and injuries to one or two players can drastically change the dynamic of our team. Having to replace Valencia with Darmian, for example, just ruins our attack down that side. Same with Blind/Shaw.

If we are to only get 4 players then i personally don't think it's enough for us to challenge in the league. There's a bit of a gap opened up between us and other teams which could get even bigger following this summer. Obviously we can't solve every issue in one window but I was fully expecting us to go all out this summer even if it potentially meant bedding in players this season and perhaps not competing in the league, but seeing progress. This idea of 4 players each summer is going to take us a long time to get to the required standard right across the board. I've glossed over a few areas too, because in truth I think we have a pretty terrible squad in general (by our own standards and the standards of the other top teams) and I fully expect many of them to let us down again next season.

BebétheBest

[/QUOTE]="gr3yham3, post: 20958267, member: 104256"]Okay so City has made the first big move of the summer by signing Silva, who we were linked with not that long ago. I think that we were not interested and that he was perhaps a back-up to Griezmann, similar to how James may be our backup option too. I remember Jose saying that he always has a first, second and third choice in his transfer plans.

Who knows, we may spring a major surprise and bring in another superstar together with Griezmann - those Neymar links have to come from somewhere....

But in all seriousness, I am sure that Jose knows what he wants, and that if Silva was on top of his list, we would not have just stood by and let him join City.[/QUOTE]

I don't know what you think we could have done? If City paid his clause and he wanted to go then how could we prevent it?

I thought José being Portuguese and his business arrangements with Mendes might swing it in our favour but obviously not.

Silva might have watched the final and didn't see himself fitting in with Mourinho's favoured style.