Jose's Wish List...

gr3yham3

Exactly - with our Mendes links and manager from Portugal, I am sure that Jose would have gotten Silva if he wanted to. There were no reports at all when the Silva deal was being rushed through that we were trying to fight for his signature too. All we had were a couple of unconfirmed reports from the press regarding our interest. Why couldn't it be that Jose saw Silva and didn't see him fitting the way he wants our team to play?

I am pretty sure that come August, most, if not all, of us will be salivating at our new signings. Now that Jose has a stronger "spine" to the team with last summer's signings and the revival of core players like Herrera, he will be going for the flourish and getting in players to be the finishing touch to his vision

There was no evidence we were ever seriously in for Silva. It's completely possible and likely that he preferred City over us but since it looks like we never even made contact to sign him all he did was accept City's offer. It wasn't a choice between us and City

gr3yham3

Anyone care to guess who "the surprise " is ?
IF the quote is true, which I find unlikely, it would a major signing that no one expected - someone of a higher or similar profile to Griezmann, or an important player from a rival PL team like Kane. Imagine a summer with Griezmann and Neymar coming in. Gosh.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
People expecting 6 - 7 players this window, needs to come out of fifa mode. I am expecting 4 for sure might add 1 more if any key players leave

ovoxo

People expecting 6 - 7 players this window, needs to come out of fifa mode. I am expecting 4 for sure might add 1 more if any key players leave
It'll be a ST, Griezmann, CM, CB and potentially a Left Back (depending on who is available if we can't get Mendy) in my opinion.

RuudTom83

Thing is, neither of them will be playing that lead striker position. Neither of them excell at that. We either play that and buy someone like Morata, Belloti, Lukaku to be that guy...or we play different setup to accomodate both Rashford and Griezmann in the same team.
I think Rashford deserves a bit more credit, and with the addition of Griezmann I believe that area of the pitch becomes less of a priority...for now.

Jose isn't going to make the perfect team with 2 transfer windows so once Griezmann is secured I'd personally like him to focus on other areas.

Walters_19_MuFc

Pretty sure last season Moruinho said something about having three targets for one position.

Therefore, if rumours are to be correct and we're targeting four players, I think Jose's wish list will look something like:

Striker:

1: Lukaku
2: Morata
3: Belotti

Star player:

1: Griezmann
2: Bale
3: Rodriguez

Centre back:

1: Varane
2: Keane
3: Van Dijk

Defensive midfielder:

1: Dier
2: Periera
3: Carvalho

Obviously just going off rumours.

Macern

Pee pee pants
We need a LB more than any other position (If Zlatan stays). I don't think Shaw has the mentality to succeed.
Defensive midfielder I feel. I can still see Shaw coming back well. New start next season should do him good.
We let in the 2nd least goals this season, while we only scored 54 - less than Bournemouth. From those numbers it should be fairly obvious that what we need most is a clinical goal scorer

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
I think Rashford deserves a bit more credit, and with the addition of Griezmann I believe that area of the pitch becomes less of a priority...for now.

Jose isn't going to make the perfect team with 2 transfer windows so once Griezmann is secured I'd personally like him to focus on other areas.
Is he going to face next season risking everything by not having poachers, when he's out of both Zlatan and Rooney, just with the addition of Griezmann? Don't think so for a moment.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
We let in the 2nd least goals this season, while we only scored 54 - less than Bournemouth. From those numbers it should be fairly obvious that what we need most is a clinical goal scorer
I feel part of that was asking our attackers to defend so much though. Getting in a proper defensive mid would free them up to focus on attacking more.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
At a guess...
  • Cf - Griezmann - £86m
  • Lw - Perisic - £35m
  • Cb - Keane - £20m
Less confident...
  • St - Belotti - £50m
  • Cm - Dier/Bakayoko/fabinho - £40-50m
  • Rb - Semedo for £20-30m?
Possibly some younger or relatively unknown, cheaper signings.

Alexrad

Supports
Red Star Belgrade
That might be, but I'll even tell you more: unless we're getting a first rate star, like Griezmann, and we stick to 4-3-3 or orthodox 4-2-3-1, there's no one going to sit him. For instance, if we get Bellotti or even Lukaku, they'll start behind Rashford. Those are not Zlatan type of players who're going to impose themselves just like that. Besides, Mourinho clearly rates Rashford not only as a player, but as a professional. If the goals keep coming in pre-season, he won't be benched.
What??

They won't. Both of them would be absolute #1 option ahead of Rashford to lead the line. It's seriously deluded to think otherwise. And I love Rashford, all of us do.

Android1974

What??

They won't. Both of them would be absolute #1 option ahead of Rashford to lead the line. It's seriously deluded to think otherwise. And I love Rashford, all of us do.
I just don't agree, I'm sorry. Lukaku, maybe… I feel Rashford is in Mourinho's head as a starter and potential star player from now on, with Martial as his sub. And he'll adapt the teams play for that. That's why I'm thinking we'll feature much more in 4-4-2 next season, like we played Chelsea, for instance.

ChaddyP

What's with the surprise. Has José said something on those lines because if he has then I certainly missed it.
Can anybody tell me please
there have been quotes flying around that he said this

Alexrad

Supports
Red Star Belgrade
I just don't agree, I'm sorry. Lukaku, maybe… I feel Rashford is in Mourinho's head as a starter and potential star player from now on, with Martial as his sub. And he'll adapt the teams play for that. That's why I'm thinking we'll feature much more in 4-4-2 next season, like we played Chelsea, for instance.
Sorry, if you think that Lukaku and Belloti aren't far more capable to lead the line than Rashford you need watch some or our own games this season where he led the line. And then watch some of theirs. Rashford might never be that kind of striker. He has qualities of inside forward or 2nd striker in counterattacking lineup, or as a winger.

In the end to think we would buy Belotti or Lukaku for 50+ million to sit behind Rashford is just silly, sorry.

Xeno

That is too much for 4 players. We might need a LB if Shaw leaves, CB, GK if DDG leaves.
If Shaw leaves, which I hope he doesn't, he'll bring in enough to replace with someone decent. DDG is staying. Tuanzebe for CB, plus Keane £25m offset by £10m for Jones.

Android1974

Sorry, if you think that Lukaku and Belloti aren't far more capable to lead the line than Rashford you need watch some or our own games this season where he led the line. And then watch some of theirs. Rashford might never be that kind of striker. He has qualities of inside forward or 2nd striker in counterattacking lineup, or as a winger.

In the end to think we would buy Belotti or Lukaku for 50+ million to sit behind Rashford is just silly, sorry.
Like Chelsea at home, for instance? How much do you think Rashford would cost for a team wanting him now?

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
It'd be suicidal to plan for the season with Rashford as our main striker. He's nowhere near ready and this season has shown that. The jury is still out on whether he'll ever be a clinical striker that can guarantee you 20+ goals in the league alone.

Alexrad

Supports
Red Star Belgrade
Like Chelsea at home, for instance? How much do you think Rashford would cost for a team wanting him now?
He would cost a lot but that still doesn't mean that he has qualities to lead the line as lone striker for a top team. Not yet at least.

It'd be suicidal to plan for the season with Rashford as our main striker. He's nowhere near ready and this season has shown that. The jury is still out on whether he'll ever be a clinical striker that can guarantee you 20+ goals in the league alone.
Exactly that.

TheBiggest

Neymar not as unlikely as most people think.

United wiling to pay buy-out, Barcelona would have to accept and player is keen for a move (according to his dad). It would be a huge wage increase for Neymar to come to Old Trafford. Don't rule it out.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
I'd like to see the list of players Mourinho wants out aswell.
We started with a bigger squad than he usually like, which helped alot when we got injuries at the end of the season, but i'm sure he wants to trim it.

anyone seen any rumours linking players away from OT?

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
This. Sadly he's not quite ready to be our main man, although that's to be expected at such a young age. Mourinho's recent comments about give me hope that he can become the player we hope he will, but I also think he was just talking him up.

Walters_19_MuFc

Neymar not as unlikely as most people think.

United wiling to pay buy-out, Barcelona would have to accept and player is keen for a move (according to his dad). It would be a huge wage increase for Neymar to come to Old Trafford. Don't rule it out.
What's his buy-out?

Android1974

He would cost a lot but that still doesn't mean that he has qualities to lead the line as lone striker for a top team. Not yet at least.
That's the point, ain't it? We aren't going to play a lone striker anymore for most of the games. Griezmann himself wouldn't be enough for that.