Jose's Wish List...

Mihai

People expecting 6 - 7 players this window, needs to come out of fifa mode. I am expecting 4 for sure might add 1 more if any key players leave
I was thinking the same until @Raees pointed out at Jose's history of transfers. In the second year with Inter he signed almost all most important players who went to win the treble, including Motta, Sneijder, Milito. I guess it wouldn't be a big surprise.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
It'd be suicidal to plan for the season with Rashford as our main striker. He's nowhere near ready and this season has shown that. The jury is still out on whether he'll ever be a clinical striker that can guarantee you 20+ goals in the league alone.
This. I would be livid if we started the season with him as our CF. He is an important squad player but not someone we want to pin all our hopes on.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Neymar not as unlikely as most people think.

United wiling to pay buy-out, Barcelona would have to accept and player is keen for a move (according to his dad). It would be a huge wage increase for Neymar to come to Old Trafford. Don't rule it out.
One day.
Knowing us, it'll be when his powers have severely waned, yet we'll still pile in with a ludicrous bid and wages.
Probably 3-4 years time

Footyislife

But actually, it's not.
Imagine if Zlatan was healthy where we could be next year. Mourinho would have signed Griezmann and Sanchez for LW/RW and laughed his way to the title. Instead now he'll only sign one of the two and be forced to add a target man.

N2402

1st on the wish list keep de gea.

for me Bale over Griezmann - Matuidi - Lindelof - and any right winger

ROFLUTION

---------------------------DDG-----------------------
--VALENCIA------BAILLY-------VAN DIJK------SHAW--
--------------------------DIER--------------------------
--------------HERRERA------------POGBA---------------
-------GRIEZMANN--------------------------RASHFORD/MARTIAL
-------------------------LUKAKU--------------------------------
This is how I imagine Van Gaal would be yelling out his start-11 each week - in real life capslock

EyeInTheSky

there have been quotes flying around that he said this
yeah but where is the actual source quote. Which interview was it because the ones where he was in Monaco did not mention that at all. Did I miss something?

Is Ronaldo coming home? Is it Mbappe? Giggs coming out of retirement? Give me something ffs!

wolvored

This. I would be livid if we started the season with him as our CF. He is an important squad player but not someone we want to pin all our hopes on.
I agree as well. I dont thnk it will happen though, hes not clinical enough. Hes nowhere near Kanes finishing. He needs 5-6 chances to put 1 away

wolvored

Imagine if Zlatan was healthy where we could be next year. Mourinho would have signed Griezmann and Sanchez for LW/RW and laughed his way to the title. Instead now he'll only sign one of the two and be forced to add a target man.
Sanchez wouldnt of come anyway. Hes set his heart on Bayern. Still 50/50 with Griezmann

captain666

Amen to this..... a fit and flying Gareth Bale is absolutely made for Manchester United.
Just watch Real Madrid politics come into play!Bale will throw a hissy fit if he doesn't appear in CL Final,Madrid will then offer him to United provided we let them have DDG!

Klopp_De_Klown

VVD, Hamez, Griezmann and Dier

be the 4 i'd guess, but where does that leave Perisic so what do I know.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Griezmann and Lukaku for me Fabinho and Perisic would have us challenging in Europe and at home.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Jose loves and always plays with natural no9 so it is i presume lukaku.
He needs dmc so it is fabinho or bakayoko or somebody like them.
He wants top central defender . Varane maybe? Bonucci? I hope not keane.
He wants perisic as a winger.

So how griezmann fits in any of those options? He is not classic mourinho winger. He is not a striker. As no10 we have miki.
I am in dark here.

notcool

Supports
a
CB: Lindelof, Keane or Van Dijk
DM: Dier or Fabinho
Griezmann: Griezmann
CF: Belotti, Lukaku or Morata

breakout67

Supports
Man City

So how griezmann fits in any of those options? He is not classic mourinho winger. He is not a striker. As no10 we have miki.
I am in dark here.
Mkhitaryan isnt a no.10. He has played less in the no.10 role than Rooney and Rooney is a championship standard player. Mourinho would have played a younger Wayne Rooney as his no.10 for the whole season because he has tried to buy Wayne Rooney before.

Antoine Griezmann is a younger, smaller, more technical version of Wayne Rooney. If we get him he will be our no.10.

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups

I am in dark here.
My feeling is we're going 4-4-2. Mourinho knows Rashford, our next star player, can't play alone upfront. So, we'd have Martial as Rashford's backup, plus Griezmann as second-striker and a poacher like Belotti also.

strangeways

Lots of options out there. Neymar won't happen though.Griezmann sounds promising and Sanchez becoming available will be useful for any club who need to fill a void caused by a transferred striker on route to old Trafford.

Pavl3n

Isn't he the guy who has been linked to us since the beginning of time, but the transfer never actually happens?
Is he the guy?
There were a few rumors a few years back.
Him, Gaitan, Snejder. Quite a few :D:D

captain666

Not bad choices although my personal preference would be no Keane,Dier or Lukaku,all over inflated prices and reputations(although who isn't?)
Matic is looking more probable as a holding midfielder,would love Bonucci at the back and Dries Mertens as striker on your list!

Motorman

----De Gea---
--Valencia---Bailly---Van Djik---Shaw---
----Veratti---Herrera---Pogba---
---A.Sanchez-----Rashford------Griezmann--
Pace

captain666

Griezman not coming will now throw the thread into panic!We will now go all out for a prove No9,please don't let it be Lukaku?100 million,are Everton sure?

BebétheBest

If we lose DDG and Tony Martial in the same window then that would be a big blow. Replacing potential World Class in Martial with the nearly 30 year old Perisic makes no sense at all to me and points to José's previous failings of short-termism which blows up in his face after 3 seasons.

Look at what Martial has done already, at his age Perisic was toiling in the B team at Socheaux in France and being loaned to Division 1B Belgian teams.

Dennis Viollet

The reverse .Rossi
Keane
Dier
Lukaku to Chelsea
Griezman stays
Morata to Milan

Belotti is the only available, but fecking Cairo wants 100 ml fecking euros!

vodrake

These proposed lists always just seem to be whoever has been linked with us on twitter the last couple of weeks. Rarely turns out that way

Bwuk

Bale, Griezmann, Fabinho, Keane & Mendy.

About 250mish for that lot, minus whatever we make from sales.