Joshua King and Matty James @ Preston (Loan Watch)

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
James at centre back and King on the bench? Disappointing. :(

SecondFig

On the bench for today's game.

Matt James playing centreback according to Sky's Score Centre. That has been known to be wrong though (they once had us playing Valencia as a defensive midfielder).
This the same Sky that twice brought Rooney & Ronaldo on for Spurs today?

I'd be very surprised if James isn't CM

Minkaro

This the same Sky that twice brought Rooney & Ronaldo on for Spurs today?

I'd be very surprised if James isn't CM
Four times actually. It was Ronaldo & Ronaldo on for Rooney & Rooney, then they made the same change later.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Fergie Jr certainly not having a happy time of it up there right now. Fingers crossed they can turn it around.

Erics_Collar

King apparently putting in a man of the match performance so far. The guy commentating on Final Score was raving about him.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Btw, King was on Noggie TV the other day talking about how United's doctors expect him to grow another 10 cms over the next couple of years and how he sees himself as 'more skillful Carew' in the future.

Ubik

Good lord. How tall is he at the moment? He's going to be a beast for sure, hopefully isn't going to make him even more prone to injury...

prateik

He better not get loaned there as he can do alot better.
3 months
guaranteed games and a physical league .. i wont complain

giggs is fresh , we have park,nani,valencia and cleverley

could happen ..
or it could be rubbish and obertan is at home reading this thread wondering what is happening

Ubik

Should bag plenty once he puts his shooting boots on, very good to hear.

Wouldn't be too pleased with Obertan going there at all, to be honest.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Obertan should stay. He had issues staying motivated and playing well when he was on loan at Lorient. I think he, like Macheda, needs a bit more watching over from Fergie.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I don't think I'm getting ahead of myself when I say this lad already gets about the pitch like a premier league player. He's absolutely fecking brilliant and I don't think today was any kind of fluke, he will run lots of Championship defences ragged like this. His movement is top class, Sonko didn't know where the hell he was for most ofthe game. A joy to watch.

Sunderland got the wrong striker, this lad is far more use to us than Welbeck was. Stronger, harder working and just as quick.

Well done son, an incredible debut.

Seems like he had an hell of a match.

prateik

they are obviously a bit disappointed about not getting welbeck
the king>welbeck is just denial

does sound like he did well tho
oh and obertan was there ..
but then preston isnt that far is it

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
I don't think I'm getting ahead of myself when I say this lad already gets about the pitch like a premier league player. He's absolutely fecking brilliant and I don't think today was any kind of fluke, he will run lots of Championship defences ragged like this. His movement is top class, Sonko didn't know where the hell he was for most ofthe game. A joy to watch.

Sunderland got the wrong striker, this lad is far more use to us than Welbeck was. Stronger, harder working and just as quick.

Well done son, an incredible debut.
Seems like he had an hell of a match.
:eek: fecking hell

Its hard not to get seriously excited about this kid.

Any word on how James played today?

Ekeke

they are obviously a bit disappointed about not getting welbeck
the king>welbeck is just denial

does sound like he did well tho
oh and obertan was there ..
but then preston isnt that far is it
Not really no. In his brief outing for the United first team King made more of an immediate impression, and another brief comparison can be made with their time at Preston. I watched Welbeck again for Sunderland today and after a few good touches right after he came on, he dissappeared again. There's no doubt he's talented but so is King. And it may be that King has the better mentality and physicality to get the best use out of it.

prateik

James- Excellent

James-8

Today

not bad
james is really consistent .. always seems to have a good game

Ubik

Welbeck really didn't put in a good account of himself down there, did he.

Good sign that this one is working out so far though, will do him no harm at all. Just need to hope the injuries stay away.

Hopefully Obertan really was there just cause he's King's mate...

rotherham_red

Not really no. In his brief outing for the United first team King made more of an immediate impression, and another brief comparison can be made with their time at Preston. I watched Welbeck again for Sunderland today and after a few good touches right after he came on, he dissappeared again. There's no doubt he's talented but so is King. And it may be that King has the better mentality and physicality to get the best use out of it.
As opposed to this on Welbeck's 3rd ever appearance?

YouTube - danny welbeck stoke

I remember King's debut, he had a good cameo, but thats all it was. Coincidently, Welbeck scored in that game too.

Welbeck, IIRC would have played much more, if not for his injuries, much of which were down to him having a growth spurt...

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
So is King the new Carew or does he have good technical ability?
He's nothing like John Carew...

King is highly rated. Do you think someone with the technical ability of a donkey, would be highly rated? Technically he's very good.

Scholesy

It's difficult to know when you're on a wind up because I've never seen anything from you that couldn't be classified as such.
I did not just post youtube videos to assess a player's technical ability.

He's nothing like John Carew...King is highly rated. Do you think someone with the technical ability of a donkey, would be highly rated?
Micah Richards.