Joshua King and Matty James @ Preston (Loan Watch)

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Looks like Preston have been drawn away to Bradford for the next round, more League 2 opposition.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
feck he looks 10 times faster than Walcott. :eek:

From what I've seen the kid has a great chance of making it. One can only hope he stays fit. With speed like that he has potential to be a crock.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Kings runs great and when your running that fast he showed good composure. I'm sure a lot of kids would have shot but he picked the right ball out and James goal is class. He's improving all the time.

IhabX7

I do not care about speed. Technical ability and brain is the key issue.
To be a top player in that position you have to combine both speed and technical ability. He looks to have a healthy amount of both for a kid his age, we'll see how he develops.

mufcwarm92

I think Fergie jr has done fantastically well getting these two on loan. Both great talents. Reminds me alot of Evans and Simpson helping get Sunderland promoted. Hopefully one or both of these lads can reach the same success as Evans.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I do not care about speed. Technical ability and brain is the key issue.
Technical ability and brain mean feck all when every time you beat someone you don't have the pace to take advantage. Ditto when someone bigger and stronger than you knocks you on your arse every time you challenge for the ball.

Stands to reason that someone who is absolutely superb on the ball can partially compensate for a lack of athleticism but it also stands to reason that a superb athlete can partially compensate for a lack of technique. Obviously, a combination of the two is ideal.

But hey, that's just common sense. Don't let it cloud your uniquely fecked up world-view. It never has before.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Mads was a great little player but a complete knob head for throwing it all away. Thank you osmecan.

Scholesy

Technical ability and brain mean feck all when every time you beat someone you don't have the pace to take advantage. Ditto when someone bigger and stronger than you knocks you on your arse every time you challenge for the ball.

Stands to reason that someone who is absolutely superb on the ball can partially compensate for a lack of athleticism but it also stands to reason that a superb athlete can partially compensate for a lack of technique. Obviously, a combination of the two is ideal.

But hey, that's just common sense. Don't let it cloud your uniquely fecked up world-view. It never has before.
A superb athlete requires a minimum amount of technical ability and brain, which does King have? I am not sure, you cannot tell from these youtube clips of a 60 yard sprint.

Red Defence

“United stands for attacking, attractive football
No, just clips. I have still to see Eikrem play a match too.
He's good, very good. I was astounded the first time I saw King play. Fergie jnr is probably pleased as punch to get this lad on loan.

Things have been quiet on the Eikrem front lately.....wonder what Fergie's going to do with him this season. Another one to watch imo.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
A superb athlete requires a minimum amount of technical ability and brain, which does King have? I am not sure, you cannot tell from these youtube clips of a 60 yard sprint.
Why do you keep talking about players you've barely seen? Can't you just wait to see if he has the technical quality, so there'd be no need for the vague, pointless comments like so "I do not care about speed. Technical ability and brain is the key issue." ?

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Yes, he does. His dribling ability, for one, is superior to the vast majority of our first team. King is not just a sprinter....

Scholesy

Why do you keep talking about players you've barely seen? Can't you just wait to see if he has the technical quality, so there'd be no need for the vague, pointless comments like so "I do not care about speed. Technical ability and brain is the key issue." ?
The clip of the assist is kind of pointless to me. I am trying to lower the excitement over this clip since all it shows is raw speed. A tidy finish, but noot difficult. We can get excited when he demonstrates the ability to keep control of the ball consistently, show an awareness, plays the correct weight of pass etc. Combined with the speed and power. Maybe he can do this, I have not seen him play a match.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Those of us who've seen him in the reserves know he has excellent close control in tight spaces, can run with the ball at great speed and links well with others. People are excited about the clip because he took the ball over half the length of the pitch, put the ball around one side of a player, sprinted by the other side (without breaking stride) and picked out someone in the area for an assist. In only his third senior team appearance (all as a sub), it was very impressive.

No one's declaring themselves ready for a wankathon after seeing it, it's just very promising to see him performing as we've seen him do so for the reserves all the time, at senior level.

jb8521

The clip of the assist is kind of pointless to me. I am trying to lower the excitement over this clip since all it shows is raw speed. A tidy finish, but noot difficult. We can get excited when he demonstrates the ability to keep control of the ball consistently, show an awareness, plays the correct weight of pass etc. Combined with the speed and power. Maybe he can do this, I have not seen him play a match.
Both King and Eikrem were playing in that game for the reserves against Everton which you were abusing Macheda in

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Then are you just being a complete spastic for the sake of it, then? :lol:

Shimo

I'll probably get dinged for this but, once in a while I've backed Scholsey (the poster) but, seriously - any chance of a board name change - it's a real disservice to the real Scholsey.

You haven't seen him play and yet want to wade into a conversation regarding him - when you see a goal and a superb assist by him -you dismiss it because that isn't enough evidence to soothe your need for a player to be technically adept enough to play football for United.

When people quote your posts and you see Scholsey in front of it - I cringe.

Minkaro

On the bench for today's game.

Matt James playing centreback according to Sky's Score Centre. That has been known to be wrong though (they once had us playing Valencia as a defensive midfielder).

samabachan

Football is about glory, it is about doing things
I'll probably get dinged for this but, once in a while I've backed Scholsey (the poster) but, seriously - any chance of a board name change - it's a real disservice to the real Scholsey.

You haven't seen him play and yet want to wade into a conversation regarding him - when you see a goal and a superb assist by him -you dismiss it because that isn't enough evidence to soothe your need for a player to be technically adept enough to play football for United.

When people quote your posts and you see Scholsey in front of it - I cringe.
Name change to Not Scholesy!