Josko Gvardiol

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Class honestly, top performances.

I think Ralf made a lot of good recommendations. He's a very smart man from a directors point of view, just not a coach.

United would have made a very shrewd move signing Gvardiol.

Remember the geese

The kind of centre back you'd happily spend £100m on. What a player! Left footed though. Would that be an issue for us with Martinez?

RVN1991

Looks like an unbelievable talent. Only 20 years old. RTE commentator saying Ralf recommended him at United. Did we miss a trick? (yet a-fecking-gain) How long before he ends up at a big club?
Chelsea were ready to fork out 90 million euros for him so probably not too long.

Idxomer

He wasn't up for sale in the summer, Chelsea offered 100m and got rejected.

BerryBerryShrew

Didn't Chelsea try to sign him in the summer (along with every other CB on the planet)?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Looks like an unbelievable talent. Only 20 years old. RTE commentator saying Ralf recommended him at United. Did we miss a trick? (yet a-fecking-gain) How long before he ends up at a big club?
I mean we got Lisandro Martinez, so can't complain much. Gvardiol probably has a higher potential level due to his size and pace, but Martinez has brought loads to us on the ball and with his mentality. Can't have them all. Wouldn't have been cheap in the summer anyway.

avgp_1

Unless we were after him in his Dinamo days we were never going to get him on the cheap. Massive talent

B4Keane - Robson

His coolness really stood out for me, incredibly calm for a 20 year old playing at the World Cup.

acolyte

Unless we were after him in his Dinamo days we were never going to get him on the cheap. Massive talent
Same thing with Dani Olmo. Annoying that Leipzig had a free run at these two.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Tuchel wanted him at Chelsea in summer I think. Of course Rangnick "recommended him", as Rangnick's football expertise extends to whomever the RB machine has scouted abd signed for him when he was working there, not more and not less. In any case Man United scouts surely knew all about him anyway. If Man United "missed a trick" with him, so did all other top clubs.
They didn't. There will always be talents developing at second tier clubs that turn out top players, are bought by top clubs for loads of money, making the fans go "why didn't we sign him when he was still xyz".
The answer is, it's like an inverse prevention paradox. The environment -game time, no pressure to always get results, the allowance of form curves, less intense scrutiny- which talents need to develop just isn't there at top clubs. No need to worry about it.

MUnchies

Top performance. Surprised to see he is only 20 years old.

Elcabron

He made a great run from defence through midfield as well in second half....at least I think it was him

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
His wiki :lol:

In 2022 he was crowned King of the Belgians, and has one son named Romelu.

He looks class. Would cost a fortune, though.

mav_9me

The kind of centre back you'd happily spend £100m on. What a player! Left footed though. Would that be an issue for us with Martinez?
Has there ever been a team with 2 left CBs? So many teams have 2 right footed CBs, why not 2 left footed CBs?

dinostar77

Ralf had him down as an absolute must buy. Obviously we ignored him.

Deery

Dreary
Was everywhere, but I wouldn’t spend £100m on him, signed a contract at Leipzig with a £48m release clause..

mu4c_20le

The timing of his challenges have been pretty good, but I reckon he'll concede a few penalties with that style.

Vapor trail

I think it really exemplifies how many United fans don't watch football outside of the premier league. Gvardiol has already been touted to be world class in his teenage years. Like others have stated he will break the bank for whichever club that bids for him.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Tuchel wanted him at Chelsea in summer I think. Of course Rangnick "recommended him", as Rangnick's football expertise extends to whomever the RB machine has scouted abd signed for him when he was working there, not more and not less. In any case Man United scouts surely knew all about him anyway. If Man United "missed a trick" with him, so did all other top clubs.
They didn't. There will always be talents developing at second tier clubs that turn out top players, are bought by top clubs for loads of money, making the fans go "why didn't we sign him when he was still xyz".
The answer is, it's like an inverse prevention paradox. The environment -game time, no pressure to always get results, the allowance of form curves, less intense scrutiny- which talents need to develop just isn't there at top clubs. No need to worry about it.
Hansi Feck make a post without insulting Ralf Rangnick challenge [IMPOSSIBLE]

Nick7

It’s funny how a number of people on here thought he was absolutely shite during the euros and write him off.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Unless we have plans to move to a 3 man defence this isn't happening, unfortunately.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea pushed hard for him. They could be negotiating still in the background alongside the N’Kunku deal. That’s not out of the realms of possibility. Todd is definitely trying to bring the best young players to the team.

Rojofiam

He was pretty well known already by the time Rangnick was appointed, methinks

We also have Martinez anyways, two left footed CBs can't play together

arthurka

Sadly he isn't really good in the air. But he is young he has both time and talent, could become the best defender in the world. He is really really promising.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
Has there ever been a team with 2 left CBs? So many teams have 2 right footed CBs, why not 2 left footed CBs?
Only one I can think of would be Inter Milan 2005. They had Materazzi, Samuel and Mihajlović as their starting CBs, all left footed.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I am sure the club knew abkut him but as we saw with Chelsea, would have cost a fortune. I don't see how we can accommodate him and Martinez.