Josko Gvardiol

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I thought Chelsea bought him and loaned him back. Very happy to be wrong.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Has there ever been a team with 2 left CBs? So many teams have 2 right footed CBs, why not 2 left footed CBs?
Partly just because left-footed CBs are less common, so you're less likely to have two as your best options. Also left-footers usually have little experience playing on the right hand side, whereas a lot of right footers will have played on the left at some point. And the type of managers who really value having a left footed LCB are going to similarly prefer having a right-footed RCB.

Spain have played Laporte and Pau Torres together sometimes, though they obviously aren't at the moment.

EtH

I wanted him badly before we signed Licha.

Ship has sailed. Oh well.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Isn't he Chelsea bound?
His price was 70-80 mil this summer and Chelsea was interested. From some of his quotes (it is just my understanding, he didn't say exactly that) club wanted to wait one more season because they were sure that his price will go even higher. And seems to me that Gvardiol is waiting for City (which were interested).

He will brake world record for defender for sure. He is absolutely amazing defender. Reminds me on Rio Ferdinand. Literally has everything. Not a single flaw. And he is only 20.

Last edited:

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
The kind of centre back you'd happily spend £100m on. What a player! Left footed though. Would that be an issue for us with Martinez?
He would be perfect with Varane. Lisandro (despite we all love him to death) is level bellow Gvardiol and Varane.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I hadn't really seen what the fuss was about previously, especially when he was at left back, but he looks a proper player in the middle.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I hadn't really seen what the fuss was about previously, especially when he was at left back, but he looks a proper player in the middle.
That was NT manager feck up on EURO where Gvardiol payed the price basically by being left footed defender. Gvardiol is competent (only competent and nothing else) to play on left back, we lacked good left back then and also Dalic didn't have a balls to brake Vida-Lovren duo in central defence who played well together for years.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Indeed, but what they offered would only have bought my left leg.
What? The offer was around £80m. He signed a new deal with a lower release clause I think so he’s likely going to cost a lot less now than he would have if Leipzig accepted our offer.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah, looked dead cert that even Lukaku would score then out of nowhere he poked it away.
He’s honestly superb, and his development has been pretty rapid. He was playing in the Croatian league not that long ago and he’s only 20 now. He’s made a huge leap in development literally every season of his career.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
What? The offer was around £80m. He signed a new deal with a lower release clause I think so he’s likely going to cost a lot less now than he would have if Leipzig accepted our offer.
Not sure this post was meant for me? I was replying to a post where the poster asked if Chelsea had approached me as I played as a CB in college :lol: mate if Chelsea offered £80 million for me...

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Not sure this post was meant for me? I was replying to a post where the poster asked if Chelsea had approached me as I played as a CB in college :lol: mate if Chelsea offered £80 million for me...
Oh haha ffs :lol: :lol:

My bad mate. Totally didn’t realise your conversation had shifted on to you. Thought you were saying what Chelsea offered last summer wou … never mind. I clearly got the wrong end of the stick

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Oh haha ffs :lol: :lol:

My bad mate. Totally didn’t realise your conversation had shifted on to you. Thought you were saying what Chelsea offered last summer wou … never mind. I clearly got the wrong end of the stick
:lol: no worries mate. I wish I was good enough to have someone offer that for me!

Real Name

Together with his qualities which are remarkable for such a young player what great is how grounded and normal he is. He's a type of a player who wont let fame clouds his mind.

If he continues his path he could well be one of the best CBs in the world. He has literally all in his locker.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Was he in the middle vs Belgium ? If so why is there so much fuss when Lukaku seemed to have 5 sitters?

Real Name

Was he in the middle vs Belgium ? If so why is there so much fuss when Lukaku seemed to have 5 sitters?
He was but he had partner in Lovren there and also our FBs didnt have a good game so those sitters werent on him. In any case you should watch the game.

Irrational.

He’s Chelsea bound. Nothing to see here.

“Pep Gvardiola” is a headline waiting to be written if City somehow get him.

mav_9me

You are not wrong to ask the question. Part of the fuss comes from that brilliant goal saving toe poke. He was otherwise good too. But mainly cuz he is only 20 and has been excellent for Leipzig.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Today's headlines in Croatia; "Real Madrid is the biggest club in the world and i would love to play there"-Gvardiol

Ffs yes, they have most trophies but why are all players so desperate to go in club where fans will boo you after one bad game? And to play in 2 horse league?

bosskeano

outstanding player and i'd love him at United but he's a left footed CB in which we already have one in martinez so i can't see EtH going after him despite the fact that Maguire and Lindelof need to go plus Varane is a fitness concern.

Leg-End

Today's headlines in Croatia; "Real Madrid is the biggest club in the world and i would love to play there"-Gvardiol

Ffs yes, they have most trophies but why are all players so desperate to go in club where fans will boo you after one bad game? And to play in 2 horse league?
Answered your own question.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
His talent was quite obvious and I wrote a made a number of posts on why I felt we should sign him over a year ago. He was my #1 choice for the CB role and he was only 19 at the time. But we've got Martinez now and I think we'll be signing a different CB to Gvardiol once we move a few players on.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea

This was his quote;
“Real Madrid is the biggest club in the world, so who knows… maybe one day I can play there. I would like to, yes,” admitted Gvardiol when asked about the club’s apparently interested in his services.

He was asked about Chelsea. It sounds like he is keeping all options open, but I do believe he would prefer RM.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.

Is this serious question? Who wouldn't to play for most prestige and biggest club in history? It's really no brainer if Real Madrid comes for you.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
The counter argument to that would be it keeps players on their toes and with it standards so high that could do a long way to explaining why they're almost always challenging hard for the big two trophies.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Is this serious question? Who wouldn't to play for most prestige and biggest club in history? It's really no brainer if Real Madrid comes for you.
You are using false logic there. I am not questioning players desire to play for Real because it is as you said; "Who wouldn't want to play for Real. But seems to me that all players are just desperate to go there. United, Liverpool, Juve, Bayern... are seen as "well i am going there because Real didn't call".

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
The counter argument to that would be it keeps players on their toes and with it standards so high that could do a long way to explaining why they're almost always challenging hard for the big two trophies.
Absolutely agree with that. It is swim or die over there. Ruthless environment

Abraxas

This name has been doing the rounds for a year or so, hasn't it? Seems a good talent.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
From what I remember they wanted him but RB weren’t willing to sell. I believe he was first choice before they turned their attention to Fofana instead.
Josko has always been a target, regardless of Fofana. They wouldn’t sell in this last summer. They have been working out prices and contracts for next Summer while Hoping to push it to January since. They have an official meeting set for the day after the World Cup ends to hopefully complete terms and a pre agreement. Whether that all goes to plan is anyone’s guess.

That would give us two excellent Left footed CBs potentially on the roster in Colwill and Gvardiol. Fortuitous coincidence considering we do things totally at random….

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
You are using false logic there. I am not questioning players desire to play for Real because it is as you said; "Who wouldn't want to play for Real. But seems to me that all players are just desperate to go there. United, Liverpool, Juve, Bayern... are seen as "well i am going there because Real didn't call".
Seems to you- doesnt mean it's true, it's just your opinion.