Juan Mata | 2013/14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Pellegrini said the same thing about Mata, he just phrased it differently.
As Mourinho said, Wenger has the habit of crying over everything.

For his sanity, I hope he realizes Chelsea didnt just sell him so that we nick points off Arsenal and City and unless they're retarded, they wouldnt sell before playing us.

Oh and its lovely how he forgot the Cabaye episode they were involved in. Bidding just before playing Newcastle and Cabaye subsequently missing the game as a result.

Yes Chelsea timed Mata's sell very well but then again I don't understand how it's unfair in any way. They were presented a situation and they handled it well, wtf should they care about Arsenal and City ?

Varun

Staff
Yes Chelsea timed Mata's sell very well but then again I don't understand how it's unfair in any way. They were presented a situation and they handled it well, wtf should they care about Arsenal and City ?
It isnt unfair at all. They had a wantaway player who they didnt need and they got a bid of 37mil for him. Considering how much they've played him this season and how unlikely it is that Mata's going to star in the world cup personally, they wouldnt have got anything close to that in the summer. As you said, why the feck should they care about us having to play vs City or Arsenal again.

Pellegrini talking about a rich club spending money was just hilarious. City. Talking about spending. :lol:

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
It isnt unfair at all. They had a wantaway player who they didnt need and they got a bid of 37mil for him. Considering how much they've played him this season and how unlikely it is that Mata's going to star in the world cup personally, they wouldnt have got anything close to that in the summer. As you said, why the feck should they care about us having to play vs City or Arsenal again.

Pellegrini talking about a rich club spending money was just hilarious. City. Talking about spending. :lol:
Now now, be nice, they did spend only the one hundred million this year.

Kostur

海尔的老板
They are butthurt, Pellegrini because he got outplayed and couldn't throw his infinite dirty oil money at Mata and Wenger's crying because he always is crying about everything.

Pellegrini as well seems to be quite frankly an idiot. His shittalk how he's beaten us in CL when we got to the final against Barca, not being able to count to potato and being 2nd by goal difference in CL group stages etc. I really start to think that this guy is literally stupid.

Ixion

Hopefully Mata bags a hattrick against Arsenal so we can see a Wenger meltdown.

LR7

Mata seems like a player who will give his all every game anyway but he has so much extra motivation to play well and hit the ground running. He will want to clinch his place in Spain's WC squad and there will be a part of him that wants to prove Mourinho/Chelsea wrong. Hopefully we will be the beneficiary ;)

MDFC Manager

Mata seems like a player who will give his all every game anyway but he has so much extra motivation to play well and hit the ground running. He will want to clinch his place in Spain's WC squad and there will be a part of him that wants to prove Mourinho/Chelsea wrong. Hopefully we will be the beneficiary ;)
Yup, he's got a maximum of 16 games and hopefully he'll play a big part in all off them!

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
He's an excellent player. I still can't believe it's happened. I've heard a few people dismiss him just because Mourinho doesn't fancy him but that's nonsense. Mourinho has his reasons but he's still brilliant. Chelsea player of the year for the 2 years he was there speaks for itself.

LR7

He's an excellent player. I still can't believe it's happened. I've heard a few people dismiss him just because Mourinho doesn't fancy him but that's nonsense. Mourinho has his reasons but he's still brilliant. Chelsea player of the year for the 2 years he was there speaks for itself.
Yeah I didn't let myself get carried away with the muppetry and excitement over him in the last week or so because I genuinely didn't think we would get him. It's really short-sightedness from Mou/Chelsea imo because we might not be challenging them for the title this season but you only have to look at how far arsenal were off us last season to now be at the top of the table this season to see how quickly things can turn around at top clubs. I reckon they'll regret it big time but I'm not complaining. I think he's excellent and if we get the summer window right (which Moyes has implied they're already working hard on - saying that 'Mata is the first of many') getting a couple of top midfielders and an LB and getting rid of the deadwood, then the squad will have a completely different look and I reckon we will be challenging at the top again. Hopefully the players will be as buoyed as the fans are. Well we already know Muppet King DDG is!

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
Pallegrini knows the Spanish league/players very well and Wenger knew all about Mata because he tried to buy him before. I think they know fairly well how good Mata can be.

Siorac

I still randomly burst out laughing from time to time, thinking about this. We have signed Juan fecking Mata, he's a Manchester United player. Unbelievable.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
I still randomly burst out laughing from time to time, thinking about this. We have signed Juan fecking Mata, he's a Manchester United player. Unbelievable.
Yeh, I found myself telling people at lunch today who don't have the slightest interest in football let alone who Juan Mata is.

Cina

Can't be arsed reading back, did we give him a shirt # yet?

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
The way Wenger and Pellegrini reacted to the news we'd signed Mata has actually sweetened the deal for me. I was already over the moon at the news Mata was joining and to hear Wenger and Pellegrini openly moaning about it just put the cherry on top. Our players must be feeling properly boosted by the fact this season's Premier League pace setters are openly worrying about us getting Mata. Has to lift the confidence to know we've got a new player that's put a bit of fear into top 4 and more. This may be the start of us rebuilding our fear factor.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
:lol: I do exactly the same thing. I also did this when we signed Robin Van Persie.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
After all this 'What's his number?' business, I'll piss myself if Mata chooses something like 37 as his shirt number!
Curious they've not announced it yet though. You'd think the best time to cash in would be right now, in the immediate excitement of the transfer.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Hopefully he has a presser tomorrow after all his pictures are taken by the media with his new jersey.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
I can't believe we actually have Mata, surely we can't all be dreaming can we? :lol:

adamwest

That letter he wrote to Chelsea is ridiculous, what a guy. Wayne would do well to take English lessons from him.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
That letter he wrote to Chelsea is ridiculous, what a guy. Wayne would do well to take English lessons from him.
It must be strange for foreign players when they come here and speak better English than the natives.

Imagine being a young European player coming to the team, with pretty good English, and receiving a barely intelligible text message from someone like Rio Ferdinand.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
The guy has studied journalism and 2 others degrees in Sports Science and Finance. I read somewhere that he learnt fluent English inside a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.