6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cina

Only TheShedEnd did and he's a moron who was subsequently banned.

Spielmacher

I think there are too many class players in this league to define the best of them all, over the course of a season there will be a few players who could claim that title based on current form.

However, I think Hazard is clearly up there among some others including Di Maria, Agüero, Rooney, Silva, Sanchez, Costa and maybe Mata too.

I don't think he's that overrated by anyone on here, he's brilliant, especially for his 23 years of age and we missed a great deal back then.

JUPITER

More productive than RedCafe's best player in the world ever...
Now that is really fecking impressive. Thanks for posting it.

I love Mata, he's great. I loved seeing him, RvP and Wayne celebrating together after RvP's goal on Sunday.

Cina

I think there are too many class players in this league to define the best of them all, over the course of a season there will be a few players who could claim that title based on current form.

However, I think Hazard is clearly up there among some others including Di Maria, Agüero, Rooney, Silva, Sanchez, Costa and maybe Mata too.

I don't think he's that overrated by anyone on here, he's brilliant, especially for his 23 years of age and we missed a great deal back then.
Hazard is definitely a level below Aguero, Di Maria, and Silva. You could argue the others (bar maybe Mata) are better too.

Spielmacher

Hazard is definitely a level below Aguero, Di Maria, and Silva. You could argue the others (bar maybe Mata) are better too.
I think in his first season for Chelsea and partly in his second too he was even two levels below them, but now I'm just totally impressed most times I see him. Definitely up there for me.

I'm really unsure about Mata, probably because we haven't been playing consistent football in his time here and he wasn't consistently used in the same position.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
Silva, Aguero, Di Maria, Sanchez, Hazard. That would be my current top five. Rooney and Fabregas just miss out.

Cina

Silva, Aguero, Di Maria, Sanchez, Hazard. That would be my current top five. Rooney and Fabregas just miss out.
Whut? Fabregas has been better than Hazard this season.

I swear Hazard gets overrated on here too much because he looks so good on the pitch. He's definitely potentially as good as these players (only 23, after all), but certainly isn't yet.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
Whut? Fabregas has been better than Hazard this season.

I swear Hazard gets overrated on here too much because he looks so good on the pitch. He's definitely potentially as good as these players (only 23, after all), but certainly isn't yet.
I only have Hazard ahead of Fabregas because Fabregas is easier to mark out of games than Hazard is. A few teams have put a player on Fabregas in games and he's been invisible while Hazard nearly always manages to do something in games even when man marked.

Cina

I only have Hazard ahead of Fabregas because Fabregas is easier to mark out of games than Hazard is. A few teams have put a player on Fabregas in games and he's been invisible while Hazard nearly always manages to do something in games even when man marked.
His stats say otherwise.

Cina

True but the stats don't really tell the whole story. Although I definitely agree that his end product needs to be improved.
I'd say stats don't tell the story for a player like Silva (for me, the best natural #10 in the game), who runs the game when he's on the pitch. Hazard though is far more direct and as such you'd expect more end product from him, but it's definitely not good enough yet. Still, he's only 23, it will improve.

Anyway, off topic.

Sam

His usual disappearing act away from home. Its becoming a habit now.

ottosec

Needs to grow a pair and try some trough balls for a change. I'm very disappointed to see him choose the easy pass over and over again, especially when we have strikers with great movement playing.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Another anonymous Mata performance. He does very little apart from pop up with a goal every second game.

Jev

Worst half in a United shirt. Not only anonymous, he threw the ball away numerous times.

dirkey

Wasn't awful. Just invisible...as always. Hope he pops with the goal like he always does though.
I think he was. Terrible decision making, giving the ball away repeatedly etc. Had a simple enough pass to put rvp through at one point, managed to hit defender 3 yards away After scuffing the pass

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Needs to grow a pair and try some trough balls for a change. I'm very disappointed to see him choose the easy pass over and over again, especially when we have strikers with great movement playing.
Through balls to what?

DevilRed

We seem to never try and give him the ball in tight spaces. He is capable of doing damage in between the lines but our midfielders and defenders are too afraid to pass it into him.

Leads to more zombie passing and a lack of penetration.

LeftyBlaster

We seem to never try and give him the ball in tight spaces. He is capable of doing damage in between the lines but our midfielders and defenders are too afraid to pass it into him.

Could do with the fact that he never fecking shows for it. Also has never ever done well playmaking in tight spaces. Sorry but he's not the player we need.

LARulz

How did he survive the 90 mins? Di Maria should have come on for him

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Well Rooney's played a couple of balls over the top to Robin. Some have reached, some have not, but sometimes it'd be nice to see Mat try more adventurous passes.
Hardly through balls when they are away from the goal. He also passed the ball when a striker made a run and wasn't marked. You can't pull it out of thin air. Defense has to screw up in order to pull off a through ball.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Has become a nothing player. No tap in to mask his non-presence.

Sam

When we do he tends to lose it.

Crashoutcassius

He's not affecting games enough full stop, it's been an entire year and when the game is he tough he is nowhere to be seen. I would see him moved on and replaced with someone of similar 'stature' but probably better effect. So many talented 10s out there that we could bring in

Walters_19_MuFc

Hardly through balls when they are away from the goal. He also passed the ball when a striker made a run and wasn't marked. You can't pull it out of thin air. Defense has to screw up in order to pull off a through ball.
You obviously don't know the balls over the top i'm talking about. The one when Van Persie had a volley, and there was another occasion. Nevertheless, it's very rare Mata will try and play a ball over the top.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Could do with the fact that he never fecking shows for it. Also has never ever done well playmaking in tight spaces. Sorry but he's not the player we need.
When we do he tends to lose it.
Mata described in a few words. Cannot keep the ball under pressure and cannot play dangerous passes.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
He's been playing like this all season but didn't manage to mask it with a goal/assists today. Too lightweight and offered absolutely nothing, RVP should of stayed on not this guy.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
As I said in the post match thread, he was a passenger and not for the first time. The difference being that in recent games he's contributed a vital goal or assist and been a passenger for the rest of the game. When he doesn't pop up with one of those vital contributions, then you barely notice he was on the pitch.

Count Orduck

I was surprised when RVP got subbed for Di Maria. Seemed a no brainer to take Mata off and push Rooney into the no. 10 role, since Rooney had actually done something and Mata was useless.

Santos J

Pointless. Why the feck is he so afraid of playing a through ball?
This is the most annoying thing about him recently considering it's pretty pointless him playing at all if he isn't playing through balls, he seems to be contributing feck all otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.