Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Been our best player whenever he plays this season really. Mourinho needs to get over his lack of physicality and just fecking play him in the big games, him and carrick are the only ones who know how to calm the game down.

Yagami

Good post resistant
He should really be playing. I didn't think I'd say that at the start of the season but it's true. This thinking of him not being good enough to play against the tougher teams away has to go away. He may have had the tendancy to shy away sometimes in the big matches for us, but, off the top of my head, he's dominated Tottenham and Liverpool away and been better than most in others. When he's in this sort of form you surely have to play him?

Devil may care

Didn't quite have the impact I was hoping for but it was an uphill struggle with the shit show going on in defense.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Thought we looks better when he came on. Turns out movement is useful in attack. Who knew?

Unfortunately we were already 2-0 down and then they scored their third. Killed off any possibility of him making more of an impact. Killed off the game entirely, really.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Should have started. Don't we always lose when he doesn't start?

Mike09

Ball watching!! Just like the last season game when he gave so much space and time to Fabregas before Costa scored, this time he did the same thing again by giving so much times and space to Hazard for the third goal. Actually I have seen it many times last season.

Ban

He's officially 3rd player who I've seen being named at fault for 3rd goal. I guess it's multiple players who were at fault. :D

Sylar

One thing he does which would help against the "bigger" teams, is use the ball well and helps us move forward. Without him, we tend to lose the ball quicker and it puts more pressure on the defence.

Against the not so small teams, it seems we go for "pace" but what that sacrifices are the positives that Mata brings. That and his creativity. Plus he works well with Herrera on the pitch too.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Ridiculous decision not to start him, he's been our best attacking player by far this season.

Raw

Probably because he starts against the teams we should be beating, and doesn't start against the big teams.

Not to say that I don't want him to start every game for us.

JeffBoomTetris

Mata played a beautiful ball over to Ibra who did well to chest it down, kick it and produce a great save from Courtois. He really should try to pass the ball into those areas more in that fashion. Plus, he helps us keep the ball basically outside the opponents' box.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Currently our best outfield player.
I'd say our best attacking player this season, along with Herrera. If you ignore the defence no one else comes close to these two this year, IMO.

It's baffling that he is still dropped from time to time.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
We'll now instantly look like a worse team for these last 15. Which is what happens when you take your best technical creative players off.

Last edited:

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
We'll now instantly look like a worse team for these last 15. Jose still hasn't worked out that we're a worse team without our best technical creative players.
I don't get it why Mourinho doesn't get this yet. One of the most obvious things about this team.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Another good performance. I just wish he was wasn't so lackadaisical with his passing at the back. He made two horrible square passes leaving the defence with all to do, and he seems to make at least one of these passes once a game.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
"Luxury player":lol:
One of the ridiculous myths on this forum.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
The people who wanted him sold in the summer should really take a moment to reflect on how much worse off we'd be if they'd had their way.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Really needs to play all the time. Not like anybody is keeping him out either.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
"Luxury player":lol:
One of the ridiculous myths on this forum.
I've never understood that, it seems like he's been scoring and assisting goals pretty much constantly since he's arrived. Scored quite a few important goals for us too.

RamblingRebel

Hitler dead!
Supports
Burnley
For me its not only his technical ability that makes him stand out, but his desire and workrate is pretty impressive too.

Hes class, and is showing he is a real 'united player'.

Bwuk

We always look a much better side with him in it.

Devil may care

Took his goal well and used the ball well in general, hard to know where we fit him in with the 4-3-3 long term but he's in decent form.

Status
Not open for further replies.