Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

PSingh

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Wrong decision to sub him to be honest. Out of the front 4 he was the most active

ZDwyr

Why was he taken off for Rooney? Seemed like just a token sub so Rooney got some minutes. Would have preferred Mata seeing out the game

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He faded a bit in the second half, but he was very creative today again, very good game and fresh Rooney hardly brought anything new, Mata was much better. Very happy with his performances so far.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Thought he was class today. Surprised he got subbed to be honest, but that didn't change the game much. We'll see after the break if Mourinho trusts him to continue as he has done in a very tough away game against a fast paced, high pressing side like Liverpool. I think he'll probably go on the bench for it but he has been one of our better players against Liverpool in the past so who knows.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
The best player out of that front four and he gets subbed.
Agreed. Not a big fan of Juan, but I thought he was really coming into his own today. Needs to be more direct himself though and get some shots off.

Bwuk

Should never of been subbed. Rooney offers nothing Juan doesn't.

Ace

If he was on the pitch instead of Rooney, who would've miscontrolled the touch that led to Martial's goal?:lol:

El Jefe

Not dynamic enough to be the starting No.10 for our club. I believe the like for like players at City, Pool, Arsenal, City and Spurs are all better than him. Good option to have in the squad though.

Eddy_JukeZ

I think he's been very good this season and he's shown more dynamism too IMO.

It was a ridiculous decision to sub him off. Even more ridiculous that Rooney replaced him.

JaffyJoe

Provides RedCafe with shit Twitter news
Only player in the final third who tries to get the ball moving at pace. Was the case on Thursday and was the case today.

criticalanalysis

I thought he tired in the 2nd half and became a bit sloppy.

Wasn't a bad call to sub him off. Unfortunately it was for Rooney.

Giggs86

Should never of been subbed. Rooney offers nothing Juan doesn't.
He does offer those miscontrolled touches and shit free kicks to be honest to our Wayne.

Seriously though Mata is ten times the player Rooney is nowadays.

iKeano

Sacrificial lamb again... he was having a great game - has been one of our best players of-late. Taken off so fat-neck can have a run-out. Joke

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
And yet the match day thread still has posts like this:

Am I the only person who thinks Juan Mata is so, so, so over-rated.This is his fourth season.

No leadership. No ambition. No power. Not a United player. Then again, he might be what we are like now. Awful.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The touch to get the ball down t get that 1st pen- absolute class. And he manages to do it pretty consistently. Only a handful of players would be having 1st touch control as good as him

finneh

He's been fantastic in the number 10 position this season.

Bwuk

Has to start every game for us. No one in the side can bring the control of a game he can. Him and Carrick have ran this game.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Should be a nailed on starter for you, no question.

Eddy_JukeZ

Shaping up to be his best season so far at the club.

That pass to Martial reminded me of Silva's pass to Dzeko in that 6-1 derby defeat.

Ban

He deserved a goal really, too bad he didn't score. Overall a great game, MOTM.

acnumber9

Tired towards the end as he always does but he was definitely our best player. It was a shame he didn't finish that late chance because it would've been another great goal.

3KDré

Mata is one of the few players on our team who is always constantly passing and moving. Whenever we have some nice plays with great touches and flick-ons he is always at the centre of it.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
His touch is simply magnificent. Been arguably our best player this season despite not starting every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.