6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike09

Yeah but what we can do is just compare their averages and speculate about who would score more if they all had the minutes. Mata is a more reliable finisher for me and this without a doubt.
Slightly more isn't going to make much different. We are still creating chances and still getting the same results. Is it hard to admit that apart from Zlatan no one else in our squad can solve what we have been missing or lacking this season??

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Slightly more isn't going to make much different. We are still creating chances and still getting the same results. Is it hard to admit that apart from Zlatan no one else in our squad can solve what we have been missing or lacking this season??
I wasn't part of that silly debate yo' so there is nothing to admit. I actually think Zlatan shouldn't even be our top scorer.

Mike09

I wasn't part of that silly debate yo' so there is nothing to admit. I actually think Zlatan shouldn't even be our top scorer.
My point was that even if we have Mata right now, we are not going to solve the problems. What we are missing is someone who convert those chances into goals beside Zlatan not someone who can create chances because we are still creating a lot of chances with and without Mata. We are missing the killing instincts to kill the games quickly.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I agree with that, just saying that Mata being available, while not solving much, wouldn't be a problem. Au contraire même, it could only help. In the end, hopefully by the next season we'll have different players to lead us in terms of creativity and scoring. Our current ones are wayyyy too unreliable. They have all been disappointing when you think about it, even Zlatan who has missed so many chances.

PepsiCola

So @Mike09 was okay considering minutes played when it showed Mata in a less positive light compared to Lingard, Martial and Rashford. But when he compares positively with Hazard, Alli, etc - players he used in arguments prior he dismisses using minutes played as an argument. Chaps a bit deluded.

Just watching games you see we look much better with Mata on the pitch, he's direct in and around the box. Was looking like he was building a good understanding with Mkhi, assisting a few of his goals and linking well, before getting injured.

Mike09

So @Mike09 was okay considering minutes played when it showed Mata in a less positive light compared to Lingard, Martial and Rashford. But when he compares positively with Hazard, Alli, etc - players he used in arguments prior he dismisses using minutes played as an argument. Chaps a bit deluded.

Just watching games you see we look much better with Mata on the pitch, he's direct in and around the box. Was looking like he was building a good understanding with Mkhi, assisting a few of his goals and linking well, before getting injured.
Sorry but I find it hard to believe that people can agree with someone who are talking about goals and make comparison between player who doesn't score a lot of goals this season with players who score a lot of goals this season.

PepsiCola

Sorry but I find it hard to believe that people can agree with someone who are talking about goals and make comparison between player who doesn't score a lot of goals this season with players who score a lot of goals this season.
Look at the graphic on the last page. The two other players have played 1000+ more minutes of football this season. You factored in Mata playing more minutes than Lingard, rashford and Mkhitaryan. Do the same comparing hazard and Alli to Mata. A bit of consistency in arguments is good.

You can also consider Mata having the best conversion rate in our squad. Just watching our games you see Mata is involved in the build up of a lot of our goals when he plays and is much better in and around the box than his alternatives.

Mike09

Look at the graphic on the last page. The two other players have played 1000+ more minutes of football this season. You factored in Mata playing more minutes than Lingard, rashford and Mkhitaryan. Do the same comparing hazard and Alli to Mata. A bit of consistency in arguments is good.

You can also consider Mata having the best conversion rate in our squad. Just watching our games you see Mata is involved in the build up of a lot of our goals when he plays and is much better in and around the box than his alternatives.
This is going nowhere because I have stated the fact and the reality that what we are missing aren't players who can create chances because we are still creating a lot of chances!! What we are missing are players who can convert the chances into goals and players who can kill the game off. And neither Mata and the other four are the men to solve what we are missing and make the difference!

PepsiCola

This is going nowhere because I have stated the fact and the reality that what we are missing aren't players who can create chances because we are still creating a lot of chances!! What we are missing are players who can convert the chances into goals and players who can kill the game off. And neither Mata and the other four are the men to solve what we are missing and make the difference!
You just ignored the first half of my post. Yeah this is going nowhere when you choose to ignore arguments you have no reply for. Let's stop. A look through your post history shows you've never really fancied the chap.

Mike09

You just ignored the first half of my post. Yeah this is going nowhere when you choose to ignore arguments you have no reply for. Let's stop. A look through your post history shows you've never really fancied the chap.
Well, you are the one who ignoring my post. I have already said this and I will repeat it again
Sorry but I find it hard to believe that people can agree with someone who are talking about goals and make comparison between player who doesn't score a lot of goals this season with players who score a lot of goals this season. You don't get the point if you actually think one of the many factor (which are playing minutes) is what I have been discussing.

When Costa couldn't score goals, Hazard steps in. When Kane couldn't score goals or getting injured, Alli steps in. When Zlatan couldn't score goals neither Mata and the others step in. Is it hard to admit the reality and fact which I have been talking about all day since yesterday??

Edit: even if you add the totals goals of Mata in all comp, still no match with Hazard or Alli in the league. @PepsiCola I just don't understand how someone can come up with such a comparison.

Last edited:

PepsiCola

Well, you are the one who ignoring my post. I have already said this and I will repeat it again
Sorry but I find it hard to believe that people can agree with someone who are talking about goals and make comparison between player who doesn't score a lot of goals this season with players who score a lot of goals this season. You don't get the point if you actually think one of the many factor (which are playing minutes) is what I have been discussing.

When Costa couldn't score goals, Hazard steps in. When Kane couldn't score goals or getting injured, Alli steps in. When Zlatan couldn't score goals neither Mata and the others step in. Is it hard to admit the reality and fact which I have been talking about all day since yesterday??

Edit: even if you add the totals goals of Mata in all comp, still no match with Hazard or Alli in the league. @PepsiCola I just don't understand how someone can come up with such a comparison.
Look at the graphic on the last page. He's played 1000+ minutes less football than the other pair in the league. The other pair also start regularly for their sides, our attacking line up seems to change week on week which also plays a factor. The rest of his all round play also measures up well against Alli and Hazard.

Yes i agree we need more goalscorers to help out Ibra. But all things considered Mata has been a good goal scorer for us. His conversion rate measures up very well.

Mike09

Look at the graphic on the last page. He's played 1000+ minutes less football than the other pair in the league. The other pair also start regularly for their sides, our attacking line up seems to change week on week which also plays a factor. The rest of his all round play also measures up well against Alli and Hazard.

Yes i agree we need more goalscorers to help out Ibra. But all things considered Mata has been a good goal scorer for us. His conversion rate measures up very well.
I have said this from the previous post! That's not the point!! If Mata can score more goals by playing more minutes then the same thing I can say on Martial, Mkhytaryan, Lingard and Rashford. 6 league goals and 10 in all comp isn't much different with what Martial, Mkhytaryan and Rashford got so far don't you think?

Mike09

Sorry @PepsiCola but you are sickening me with the fact that you mentioned me after yesterday game by twisting all my post from the general thread weeks ago and you actually think like that Mata has been the difference of our results. The fact and reality are that we are still getting the same results. And now I find it hard to believe that you are still trying to make an argument even though you know that what we are missing and lacking this season prior and post Mata's injury are someone else beside Zlatan who can score goals and kill the game off.

PepsiCola

Sorry @PepsiCola but you are sickening me with the fact that you mentioned me after yesterday game by twisting all my post from the general thread weeks ago and you actually think like that Mata has been the difference of our results. The fact and reality are that we are still getting the same results. And now I find it hard to believe that you are still trying to make an argument even though you know that what we are missing and lacking this season prior and post Mata's injury are someone else beside Zlatan who can score goals and kill the game off.
Man there have been enough posts on the last few threads backing up my point. But you refuse to acknowledge points you can't argue against. Don't get why you still replied apart from a childish need to have the last word.

Mike09

Man there have been enough posts on the last few threads backing up my point. But you refuse to acknowledge points you can't argue against. Don't get why you still replied apart from a childish need to have the last word.
But not enough evidence and fact to back up your point. And today game is one of them.

Mike09

Dude, we didn't even have Zlatan. :rolleyes:
I guess you didn't get my point at all if you use Zlatan to start arguing with me.

Both Rashford and Lingard who I stated from 2 out of 4 candidates who can replace Mata today are crucial for the 2-0 victory. I have said this before what we were missing are players who can convert the chances into goals and killing the game off.

Web of Bissaka

Nice to see Mata today.

Mata have done what he can and he did well, his goals, assists and performances have help us this far.

Shame about the injury, not much we can do though, heal well and deliver again next season:D.

binary bot
I've always thought of Mata more of a circumvented posi-centric AFQ than a rudimentary A/AP. His transmigration of the ball is fecking joyous at times.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Just read, not sure if true, that he targetting a return from injury against Celta Viga next week.

Varun

Staff
I've always thought of Mata more of a circumvented posi-centric AFQ than a rudimentary A/AP. His transmigration of the ball is fecking joyous at times.
Came into the thread to say exactly this.

Mickfoley

Bill of the world and the world of God is a good way to get a new phone for you to use for the program to be in the process of getting the new one and the other is the best way to get a hold of me for a few days to get to the top of the page for the first time in the world to see if you are interested in the position of the company and the company is a great company for a great price for the new year of the world of a new world and I love the fact that you are not a member or an adult member who is in the same area with a few of the other ones you might have the most of the time and effort in making a difference between the two of us and the people that are in my life and I have a lot to do with the fact that I was able for a while and we are going to be able and willing to do it and if it is a problem that is not a problem for you and your family and your life to your life and the way you were in a few minutes of the day to day basis and I will not be able to attend the meeting with the team.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Latest blog says...
As you can imagine, this month has been a bit too long for me due to my injury... I had never been in a situation like this before (I've been very lucky), but the truth is I'm feeling much better now and I hope to be back with the team soon, to try to help in the last spell of the season
Under LVG this would mean an additional three weeks to hone "match readiness" but under Jose's "make yourself available unless your head is falling off" regime, fingers crossed.

Robertd0803

Latest blog says...

Under LVG this would mean an additional three weeks to hone "match readiness" but under Jose's "make yourself available unless your head is falling off" regime, fingers crossed.
And even the with your head falling off you will be sent out to do a job but maybe try avoid heading the ball :lol::lol:

el3mel

Better to return before Arsenal and Spurs game at least. He's a big games player and always love to show what he got in such games.

Oldyella

Mourinho has suggested that Mata will be the first (of the injured players) to return.
Good news with others dropping like flies atm. Him coming back would be a nice boost. Bet Mourinho will love him pushing to get back before seasons end as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.