6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

m1y2

just play them together with Ander and Pogs every game, they will eventually gel and form great partnership..

and as for him today, you know he's going to score, actually one of the best finishers in the league, he'd be amazing striker if he was quicker..

C3Pique

Not to forget when he doesn't play it's usually Fellaini that takes his place. Like taking the engine out of a Ferrari and putting a lawnmower motor in it's place.

Tiber

Magic player, love him to bits.

Should be one of the first names on the teamsheet.

Handré1990

Him and Herrera are so good together, always available for the pass and always moving diagonally to receive a pass. We look 10x the team with those guys in the XI

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
"Luxury player":lol:
One of the ridiculous myths on this forum.
That's his second 'winning' goal against City, to add to his assist last season, his 3 goals and 3 assists against Liverpool, MOTM displays against Chelsea & Spurs away and equalizer in the Cup Final. And that's just for us, with no mention of his goals/assists in the CL, EL, Euro, Copa and FA Cup finals for others.

But he's not a big game player, apparently.

He should always start these games.

Last edited:

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Will imho go down as one of the most loved players of this era. At least I know for me he will. Doesn't complain, loves United, seems to be a team's player, and on top can also be the star we need. Hope he ll win some more with us so we can see that handsome smile a lot more still.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
He seems to be very popular with the crowd too. In fact it's only really here that I've ever seen any of our fans criticise him.

Acole9

Outstanding
He seems to be very popular with the crowd too. In fact it's only really here that I've ever seen any of our fans criticise him.
Very true, I don't think I've spoken to a United fan outside of this forum who has a bad word to say about him. The majority think he's one of our best players.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
He's so bloody classy. And he gives a shit about the club and fans, along with his buddy Ander:)

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
That's his second 'winning' goal against City, to add to his assist last season, his 3 goals and 3 assists against Liverpool, MOTM displays against Chelsea & Spurs away and equalizer in the Cup Final. And that's just for us, with no mention of his goals/assists in the CL, EL, Euro, Copa and FA Cup finals for others.

But he's not a big game player, apparently.

He should always start these games.
He's the most big game player at the club. Apart from, maybe, he who shall not be played/named.

Boycott

Every time he starts he is playing very well. Links up the team so well and a lot crisper passing than last season. I do wonder what's with the constant subbing of him on the 70 minute mark. He's playing well - why change?

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Every time he starts he is playing very well. Links up the team so well and a lot crisper passing than last season. I do wonder what's with the constant subbing of him on the 70 minute mark. He's playing well - why change?
Same here. Has he even finished a single game he started?

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Surely you understand why Mourinho does this?

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
He's a creative and offensive player who works better when we're attacking (obviously:)), not so effective when Jose decides to proper park the bus.

Raw

Same here. Has he even finished a single game he started?
The only game he finished was the Fenerbahce game. There was also the Leicester game where he came off in the 87th minute which is basically the full game.

Other than that, he usually gets taken off around the 65-75th minute.

Boycott

Surely you understand why Mourinho does this?
To defend the lead. But with Mata playing so well him staying on can help extend the lead. As well as that his general play and calmness in possession can help us see out a game without dropping back in numbers and parking the bus.

acnumber9

Mata struggles with his stamina. He's usually run himself into the ground by that time so it's no surprise he's brought off. I'd rather that then throwing him on when it's too late.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
The only time when he shouldn't start games is if we are starting Mkhitaryan, since he'll offer us largely the same stuff (even then, having both of them would make us even better but it's unlikely that's going to happen). But at least one of the 2 have to start every game, and since Mkhitaryan looks like he isn't going to play soon, then Mata simply has to be one of the first names on the team sheet. He just offers us such a reliable source of control, creativity and goal threat whenever he plays. Even when we're going through a bad period and you see players like Pogba and Ibra failing to control anything and not being able to pass the ball, he's always capable of it.

Understand when Mourinho subs him off, as if we are going in defensive mode, he isn't much use. But Mourinho really needs to put more trust in him. Him and herrera together on the pitch make both play so much better.

MounchesterUtd

Ironic that he just gave Mou a lifeline. I mean, it's not that today was a win or get fired kind of situation for him, but the win has to alleviate some of the media scrutiny.

Looks a different player this year. I daresay he's almost reached his Chelsea level. Long may it continue.

MounchesterUtd

Will imho go down as one of the most loved players of this era. At least I know for me he will. Doesn't complain, loves United, seems to be a team's player, and on top can also be the star we need. Hope he ll win some more with us so we can see that handsome smile a lot more still.
He's never won a league title yet and I hope he changes that at United.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
To defend the lead. But with Mata playing so well him staying on can help extend the lead. As well as that his general play and calmness in possession can help us see out a game without dropping back in numbers and parking the bus.
Well in situations like this, with City pushing for a goal, I guess Mourinho thinks he needs strength for winning one on ones, length for winning high balls, and/or pace to help defend and hit them on the breaks, all these things are basically what Mata lacks the most. It's not romantic or sympathetic, he just tries to optimalise the chance to win like it's a math formula. And it works very well over the long run, he has some insane stats to back it up (like for example the unbeaten home record), you could almost say it's his speciality. Of course the few times when it doesn't work he looks like a wanker and it's definitely a bit harsh on Mata.

I remember reading in SAF's bio that he was watching a Madrid game on TV where Jose brought in Esteban Granero for an attacker in the 70 minute, to 'defend' a 4-1 lead, he almost couldn't believe Mourinho was that extreme about it, without making exceptions. Ferguson was of course a bit less extreme and has produced some insane statistics himself, which maybe could imply that Mourinho takes it a bit too far. But then again I guess you can't argue against how effective his style has been for him over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.