Juan Mata's blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick2004

If the United negotiators were grown ups, I said if, then there would have been a whole raft of conditions and ground rules laid before Jose got the gig. One should have been; mend fences
You don't hire the best manager in the world and tie his hands. You give him freedom and the support he needs to make the best team possible. If this means selling Mata or whomever, for whatever reason, that's fine.

Mike2016

Supports
Arsenal
You don't hire the best manager in the world and tie his hands. You give him freedom and the support he needs to make the best team possible. If this means selling Mata or whomever, for whatever reason, that's fine.
And if it means you don't see sight nor sound of a youth player being promoted to the srating XI for the next three years?

Oakie

We should offer him fred the reds job!

he can walk round the pitch giving out hugs and waves taking pics with fans!

would definitely get more out of him than that bloody mascot.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He's back :drool:

Juan Mata said:
Hi everyone!

Here I am again! A new season has kicked off in the Premier League and so has this blog that keeps all of us in touch, of course. Many of you have been asking me about the start of this new series of weekly posts and I want to thank you for that and, in general, for all your messages throughout the summer. My holidays have been long and productive; I have had time to make a few trips and to relax mind and body so as to be back full of energy.
I’m retaking this blog tradition with joy because the season has started in a really good way. Eight days ago we won the Community Shield against Leicester at Wembley and this title makes us feel optimistic. From a personal point of view, I keep believing that Wembley is a special place. I had never won this trophy before, so now I can check it off my list

Beyond this first trophy, it was important to have a positive start in the Premiership against Bournemouth, a team that had a good last season. We did it, and overall I think the whole team played a very complete game. I believe our victory was well deserved and, on top of that, I was lucky to score the first goal of the game, which is always an extra reason to be happy. It was my friend Ander Herrera’s birthday, and a victory was the best way to celebrate it.

Anyway, we know this is just one game. As from now we are focused on the next one because it’s coming soon, on Friday, and against Southampton, a solid team with my friend Oriol Romeu in the squad. They were sixth last season and I’m sure they will try to finish this one in a better place. It’s going to be the first official game in Old Trafford this season so I don’t need to tell you how important it is for us to play a nice game, in return to the excitement we see in our fans now that a new football year is on.

On a different subject, I try to get some time to watch the Olympic Games. I love them. Obviously, Bolt and Phelps are big sports legends, but the truth is, with so many different sports and outstanding athletes it is very difficult to highlight this or that discipline or competitor. All of them, regardless of whether they get a medal or not, deserve to be praised because they dedicate their lives to sports and have to work hard to be there. Sometimes they belong to disciplines that are not very well known for the general public, and they even have to make big economic sacrifices. Here my applause to all of them. What they do is simply admirable.

Have a nice week. I’m pleased to read all your comments around here again. Hugs

ShakeUnBake

So, Aguero eh? Great Arsenal player
Supports
Ajax
Magnificent tiny bastard got us the first goal.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
He is so nice it hurts.

Jerry Garcia

I really enjoyed his comments about the sacrifices a lot of the Olympians in lesser known sports have to make the guy is just :drool:

prath92

He has a girlfriend? Always thought he's single and has Ander Herrera
Nah both of them aren't single (have girlfriends that is :p). I think he is just one of those guys who keep their private lives private

Golden Nugget

He's not always nice :lol:
A friend of mine saw him at Heathrow 2-3 days after the CL final win 2012.....he was there with his girlfriend and mother-in-law.....he has quarreled with both of them.
Girlfriend and Mother in Law! :eek:. Only Mata can pull something like this off. (Jokes, I know what you mean).

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
He's not always nice :lol:
A friend of mine saw him at Heathrow 2-3 days after the CL final win 2012.....he was there with his girlfriend and mother-in-law.....he has quarreled with both of them.
I'm sure it was their fault. :)

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Mata and Herrera have girlfriends = mind blown

They've done well to keep it private as I've never seen a girl on the arms of either. Whenever a wag situation pops up they always seem to arrive by themselves.

Bwuk

Mata and Herrera have girlfriends = mind blown

They've done well to keep it private as I've never seen a girl on the arms of either. Whenever a wag situation pops up they always seem to arrive by themselves.
I think Herrera has a child. Sure I've seen a picture of him with a woman pushing a pram.

BlakeUtd

I was just thinking as soon as I saw this how awkward his blogs would be if he gets frozen out. How were they wen LVG was benching him last year?

YzWayne

Mata and Herrera are both very professional footballers. As much as they want minutes on the pitch, you can see their passion even on the bench. Media made up lots of stories but we all know by now both of them always put United before self.

sugar_kane

Not quite his blog, but the latest news update on his site comes across as a wee bit passive aggressive! Probably just a case of something being lost in translation...

Surprised also to hear that's the first game in 54 with no minutes for him.

UNITED SUFFER THEIR FIRST DEFEAT

The Red Devils without Juan Mata lost 1-2 at Old Trafford against Manchester City. After 54 games, Mata didn’t have minutes in this Premier match. On Thursday, Man Utd will play Europa League against Feyenoord.

http://juanmata8.com/en/new/united-suffer-their-first-defeat/

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Not quite his blog, but the latest news update on his site comes across as a wee bit passive aggressive! Probably just a case of something being lost in translation...

Surprised also to hear that's the first game in 54 with no minutes for him.

UNITED SUFFER THEIR FIRST DEFEAT

The Red Devils without Juan Mata lost 1-2 at Old Trafford against Manchester City. After 54 games, Mata didn’t have minutes in this Premier match. On Thursday, Man Utd will play Europa League against Feyenoord.

http://juanmata8.com/en/new/united-suffer-their-first-defeat/
Evil Juan Mata wrote that.

SqueakyWeasel

USO DE COOKIES :D
Seeing as you brought that up … I must admit I was originally loathe to comment on my initial reaction to www.reinventarseesvida.com as the choice for a web address for an international charity? In Spanish it might break down well but I can't help but read it in english as Reinvent Arse Es Vida … may have to rethink that one!

Not sure the logo helps either :lol:

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Seeing as you brought that up … I must admit I was originally loathe to comment on my initial reaction to www.reinventarseesvida.com as the choice for a web address for an international charity? In Spanish it might break down well but I can't help but read it in english as Reinvent Arse Es Vida … may have to rethink that one!

Not sure the logo helps either :lol:
Great cause, though. ALS is a horrible affliction. I've volunteered with some sufferers and the only thing I can say is it fecking sucks to watch...I don't think I'd be able to cope with that diagnosis. Juan just continues to amaze. Hugs.

SqueakyWeasel

Great cause, though. ALS is a horrible affliction. I've volunteered with some sufferers and the only thing I can say is it fecking sucks to watch...I don't think I'd be able to cope with that diagnosis. Juan just continues to amaze. Hugs.
Was not taking anything away from the fight for an extremely good cause. I work in brand awareness and just thought that the name and the logo do not translate so well into English perhaps hampering their valiant efforts.

jem

Just when you think the guy can't get any more perfect, he offers up thoughts on Leonard Cohen. Can you honestly imagine the likes of Shaw, Rooney, Smalling and Lingard having any idea who Cohen is?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
A SPECIAL GAME WITH A GREAT GOAL: GOING BACK TO WEMBLEY
13 MAR 2017

Hi everyone,

Today I’m writing from London, from our pre-game hotel by the Thames. As you know, tonight we play the FA Cup quarter-finals against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. Every game is important, but we are approaching that crucial part of the season where every tie will define our future in all the competitions we’re still playing, so tonight’s game is special.

First of all, because the FA Cup semi-finals are at stake. We are the defending champions and that, together with the recent visit to Wembley and the EFL Cup trophy, gives us an extra power in this great competition. And obviously, playing such a game against Chelsea, at Stamford Bridge, where I have felt very welcome ever since the first day, means that this is one of the games in the year that are ‘different’. It would be great news to go back to Wembley this season. The team knows it, and we are focused on that. I hope we have a great football night at the Bridge and we can make it through the semis, make all the fans that travel with us to London happy, and get closer to another trophy. We know it’s going to be complicated but we will give everything on the pitch.

We come from a 1-1 draw in Rostov and I think it’s not a bad result, given all the circumstances around the game: a long trip, a tough rival and the pitch conditions. Our goal on Thursday will be to get a ticket to the next round, this time with the support and strength that we always get from Old Trafford. Being in the quarter-finals of the Europa League would be a good signal that we are doing well, but, again, first we need a good performance against Rostov, before going back to the Premier League.

In Spain, the fight for the title is going to be very exciting until the end. After one of the most amazing comebacks I’ve ever seen in the Champions League, Barcelona suffered a defeat in Riazor, always a tough stadium and even more now, because it seems Deportivo is reacting with the new manager. The last four days of Barcelona are good to keep in mind that, in football, there is no truce; we should never take anything for granted. If you believe, you can get anything, but you must be aware that every rival will try to put you in trouble…

Real Madrid defeated Betis at the Bernabeu, 2-1, with yet another header from Sergio Ramos. His ability to score goals (usually very important goals) being a defender is just unbelievable. He’s one of the best defenders in the history of Spanish football, no doubt, and also a great person and team-mate. Meanwhile Sevilla, still fighting for the title, only got a draw at home against Leganes, and Atletico won away with a nice goal from Griezmann. Everything’s open.

Speaking about my country, this week has been the anniversary of March 11, a date that has a strong significance for everyone in Spain. It’s a day to remember all those people who lost their lives, and to remain strong and united against terrorism and violence.

I’m signing off now. I hope that we can enjoy a great game tonight and make it through the semis. Have a nice week, thank you for your support!

Hugs,

Juan

PS: Here my admiration and congrats to Xabi Alonso after announcing that he will retire from football at the end of the season. He’s had a fantastic career with plenty of titles and especially great football. It has been a pleasure for me to have shared so many good moments with him in the national team. He is, without a doubt, one of the best midfielders I have ever played with, his touch and vision on the pitch are amazing! He’s a good example of how important it is to use your brain in this sport. Congratulations and thank you, Xabi.

ThomasEmil

Invisible Herrera Watcher
If Mata walked into the set of "Where the wild things are" he'd just start hugging all the creatures.

Status
Not open for further replies.