Juan Mata's blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

jem

How can I stay mad at you Juan, you adorable Spanish teddy-bear?! Let's send a collective, Red Cafe abrazo his way.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
He's dropped all the soppy 'hugs' stuff since he became Chopper Mata.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
:lol: Less hugs, more thugs.

Crustanoid

Looks like Mr Pigeon's DarkJuan personality finally infiltrated the real Mata

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads

Hi everyone,

I’m happy today, it’s just a few hours after a very special win. These three points are very important for all of us. The Manchester derby is one of the games shown in red in our calendar, and when you win at your rival’s stadium it leaves a very good taste, but especially for the millions of fans that Manchester United has all over the world.

The game was very intense and we took advantage of our best moments of play to seal the victory. I think we looked more experienced than in previous occasions.

In the first half the game was even but after good play, Marcus showed again that he is a great player in the making. We all believe in him although we must remember that he’s still very young and he’s just arrived in the first team. In the second half we has some good minutes but at the end, as we expected, City pushed hard trying to level the score. However, we were able to keep the advantage and finally took the three points that put a smile on our faces before the international break. I think all of us should enjoy the good moments…

I don’t want to overlook last Thursday’s game in the Europa League, our farewell to this competition. I honestly think that we gave everything we got and we believed in the comeback, but being 1-1 at halftime made things very difficult. It was a pity because we had to pay for our bad game in the first leg, but there is nothing we can do now. It’s better to look ahead, try to win as many games as we can and have the feeling we have right now after every match. These last three points offers us an opportunity to fight for a Champions League place.

This Monday I’m joining Spain’s national team in Madrid for a couple of training days to prepare for two friendly games in Italy and Romania. Both are good teams and we have to take these two games seriously. It’s our last meeting before the Euros, which we won in 2012, and these two games are important.

I couldn’t watch the game between Villarreal and Barcelona but I’m reading that it was a great one. No wonder, because Villarreal are doing things very well this season. To me they are one of the big favourites to win the Europa League, where in general the Spanish teams are doing very well.

Before signing off I’d like to thank you for the good welcome to our charity T-shirts campaign that we launched two weeks ago. As you know, the money raised will go to Save the Children Ethiopia. Thank you from my heart, it means a lot to me, thanks. This is not the last time that we will do something like that.

I’ll be back next Monday to tell you about these days with Spain, when I will be sharing new experiences with some players I’ve been playing with since the youth categories. Old pals but with the same desire to win. I feel privileged every time I take part in international duty with Spain.

Hugs, and have a nice week!

Juan

PS. I’m happy that Fernando Alonso’s accident was just a big scare without major consequences despite how spectacular it looked. I’m sure he’ll be fighting for the podium soon. Asturians are tough guys

MyOnlySolskjaer

Hi everyone,

In this moment, when I’m writing to you, I’m about to finish my one-week training camp with Spain. Other national teams still have to play this Monday, but we’ve already played our two friendly games scheduled for these days…

Last Thursday, we played in Udine against Italy. It was a tough game from the beginning. They were pressing very well and created an advantage in the midfield to block our way to their box. But we were competitive and managed to get a draw at the end. At certain moments they were better, however, we defended well (David had something to say too!) and we scored from one of our few chances. Italy confirmed that they are a team you always have to be careful of. In fact, they are the European runners-up, a very competitive team…

On Sunday, in Cluj, our rivals were Romania. Their players are not so well known as the Italians but they showed why they made it to the Euro 2016. We experienced a great atmosphere in the stadium, and the result at the end was another draw: 0-0.

Overall, it’s been a good training week… it’s always positive to spend time with your Spanish team-mates, some of which are friends of mine since we were 18. I don’t know how many of you know this, but, for example, in the U-19 team that won the Euro Cup we had players like Gerard Piqué (and he was already joking all the time although he didn’t use Periscope back then!) and some other good players that are not in the national team right now. Obviously, another thing I share with Piqué is that he was a ‘red devil’ also, and we talk about the team every now and then because he understands the greatness of this club.

From tomorrow, it’s time to focus again on the Premier League… Everton will be our rival the next Sunday and we want to get another three points after the important win over City just before the international break.

Of course, I don’t want to overlook the sad news of Johan Cruyff’s death. Many things have been said about him these days. I would like to add that I consider him the ideological father of the football; the one I try to play like and the one I look to learn from as a spectator whenever I watch a game. The intelligent use of the ball and the spaces, the importance of talent over the physical condition and the understanding of football as a team sport are concepts that I definitely endorse. Besides, I think that the idea of attacking and taking the initiative of the game match very well with the philosophy and greatness of Manchester United, where his son Jordi played. It’s a great loss but we will always have his legacy. “He was the game”.

Hugs and have a great week,

Juan.

PS: I really hope we can somehow find world peace to put an end to all these atrocious tragedies that we are living through nowadays…

MyOnlySolskjaer

Sir Bobby Charlton’s example

Hi everyone,

Being back to the Premier League with a win after the international break is a great joy. These three points against such a good team as Everton make us face the last stint of the season with energy and optimism. Right now, we know that there are seven games remaining (apart from the FA Cup) and our only goal is to get as many points as possible. And then, the table will say where we stand. The next game against Tottenham is a big challenge and a great opportunity to show that we will certainly fight until the end in this month and a half.

This Sunday’s game was special because of Sir Bobby Charlton. Ever since I arrived at this club I felt his support, and he gives you a calmness and positivity that are worthy of a great legend. He is a reference, someone who has proved with facts that you should never surrender; that, if you fight, you can get as far as you want no matter the obstacles that stand before you. In short, he represents all the values that define this club, and both in the past and the present he still is the ideal ambassador of what being a Red Devil means. One side of his Theatre of Dreams already bears his name, and reminds us players about his greatness when we step onto the pitch. Things like these make you realise, once again, how special this club is. Sir Bobby Charlton, no doubt, is a leading example to all of us.

The game against Everton was neither easy nor spectacular, but I think we worked hard to win. Besides, we wanted to dedicate the three points to Sir Bobby, obviously! We insisted on our game idea and it paid off in the second half. In my opinion, after the break we played better and we reached the opponent’s box with more danger. The goal came after a play I was lucky to be involved in, and with three young players taking an active part: Rashford, Fosu-Mensah and Martial. This is a good example of what we are trying to build: young guys with a bright present and a bright future ahead who are ready to compete at the highest level. The club’s Academy is doing a very good job and it is bearing fruit.

On Saturday, the world of football was watching the Spanish ‘Clásico’. Barcelona were having an amazing streak, however it was Real Madrid who won the game, bringing a great joy to their fans and proving to be a team that never gives up and you always have to count on. It’s part of their history. This result gives more uncertainty about what will happen in the Champions League quarter finals, where Barcelona will face such a tough side as Atlético, who are also keeping the pace in la Liga.

Aside from football, I would like to congratulate my compatriot Javier Fernández for his second straight world figure skating championship, which is an epic achievement in our country. And my congratulations also to Pau Gasol for reaching 10,000 points and 10,000 rebounds in the NBA. Both of them are great examples for the boys and girls in Spain and all around the world.

Have a nice week. Hugs,

Juan

PS: Thank you once again for your comments and suggestions on my YouTube channel. This week we will try to surprise you again!

manutd619

Anyone can link the troll Juan Mata blog post someone on the cafe did?

Where he mentioned Patrice Evra gave him a list of words to say and if he called him that he would go to the FA, also improper use of "helicopter" :lol:

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Just me or can you really clearly see Juan's knob in that last pic?

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
He's a player who really connects with the fans, and is a great role model and ambassador for the club. I'm not sure we have anyone better in that respect.

Just stick him in the middle more often, and see him thrive.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Hi everyone,

As you can imagine, it’s been a good week! These last few days have been very positive for the club and you can see that in people’s faces, in our day-to-day activity at the training complex… Last Saturday at Wembley we made it to the final of the FA Cup, it’s been the icing of the cake in a good month of April in which we have won five out of the six games that were scheduled. In particular, I feel that the last two games have made a very good impression on our fans. They deserve the best.

Last Wednesday we beat Crystal Palace in Old Trafford and the truth is I really enjoyed myself on the pitch, for I saw that we were playing nice football at some times. Honestly, we were better than the opponent and we deserved those three points that are very important in our race to be in the top four. That night we were very good in defence and we didn’t concede many chances. It was a special game for Darmian. Matteo is a good friend and he works hard day after day. He’s one of those people you like to meet when you arrive to training every morning. We’re all very happy for him! ‘Grande amico’.

A few days later, on Saturday at Wembley, we sealed our passport to the big FA Cup final on the 21st of May in a very special atmosphere –as always in that stadium. It was a very typical, box-to-box Cup game, absolutely thrilling until the final whistle. We have to give credit to David and Anthony, the former because he saved a decisive penalty, and the latter because his goal in stoppage time brought a burst of joy to all of us. And I think that the team deserves credit too, because we have gone through several adversities this season. We have won five rounds (including a replay against West Ham) and now we can enjoy such a special moment as the FA Cup final, one of the most beautiful games in a footballer’s career. Being at Wembley is always special.

However, the FA Cup final is in a month’s time. Now we know that we have five games remaining. Five finals that we want to win and I feel we are ready for, starting next Sunday against Leicester. They are fighting for the title and are full of confidence after the win against Swansea, showing how competitive they have been this season; having said that, we must get those three points. The previous game against them left us with a bitter taste and it’s time to show that we can defeat them, and to make our fans happy. There are only two games left at Old Trafford: Leicester now and Bournemouth the last week, with visits to Norwich and West Ham in between. But, as I said, what Ranieri’s team is doing this season is really commendable.

At this point I would like to congratulate Marhez (his left foot is fantastic, he deserves the PFA Player of the Year), Delly Ali (Young Player of the Year) and Izzy Christiansen (Women’s Players’ Player of the Year). They are being great this season.

In Spain, the fight for the title is entering the decisive weeks and it’s really exciting. Barcelona seems to be in good shape again with 14 goals in their last two games. Atlético and Real Madrid didn’t fail either, although they were put in a lot of trouble by Málaga and Rayo respectively. With only three weeks to go, a mistake could be fatal. These games are going to be very tense, some of them against teams desperate to avoid relegation, and the small details could be the key.

I want to take this opportunity to let you know that next Thursday, the 28th of April (my birthday) I’m going to share something with all of you… It’s a surprise, something we’ve been working on for months. I’m really looking forward to it and I hope you feel the same. I will keep you posted…

Have a nice week. Thugs,

Juan

PS: This week we’ve had the sad news of the passing of Prince. Another great artist leaves us too soon. He was a nonconformist, someone who certainly left his mark and who will always be remembered thanks to his music.

arthurka

Oh Juan .... You won´t have any problems getting hugged.
Playing under Mou will be another matter.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
The surprise is he's on the Caf :drool:

Hugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.