Juan Mata's blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godfather

Technically no new blog but what he said was:

...since so many things have been said in the last few days… It’s time to stick together and this streak will change, I’m sure of that. Both you and us want the best for the club, and the best way to achieve it is through unity. Thank you for your support.

Hugs.

Juan
The same shit they spout after every loss. How bout they actually perform on the pitch for a start.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
A big week in the Premier League

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately we start this week with the sad news of the death of David Bowie, one of the greatest musical geniuses who has had songs which have inspired millions of people over several decades. His albums and songs will be his legacy.

We're beginning a week with two Premier League games and we will try to extend the good run of results of the last few days. It’s true that the FA Cup game was not the greatest in the world, but right now, after some complicated weeks we have gone through, I think we have to give credit to each of our victories. It’s not easy to find spaces when you play against teams with so many players defending near the box, but we know we must play better and we will keep having good results. The positive thing of this game is that the team kept fighting until the end and that’s how we got Wayne’s goal. The FA Cup is a special competition and you see surprises every year. We are looking forward to new Cup ties.

We go to Newcastle now and to Liverpool on the weekend, in one of the main games of our season. These are two difficult away games but we want to keep moving towards our goals. Winning both would be a huge boost of confidence now that the second half of the season is starting.

In the rest of European football, obviously the main headline this week is about Real Madrid having a new manager, the legendary Zinedine Zidane, who was an exquisite player. He replaces Rafa Benitez, with whom I worked in the past and to whom I wish good luck in his new path.

Today in this blog I wanted to ask you for recommendations about TV series or documentaries because we spend many nights in hotels throughout the season. I’ve just finished Suits and I don’t know what to start now… The Wire? Deutschland 83? Fargo? Which one is your favourite? How about documentaries or special reports? I love Informe Robinson, for instance, I think I’ve seen all the episodes…

I hope we have a good week and next Monday we can talk about other subjects: books, music…

Thank you for following and supporting me week after week. Hugs,

Juan

PS: I would like to praise the staff working and cooperating with Kingfisher School and the University Hospital of South Manchester, and with similar organisations. What they do is a big help for plenty of kids who are in need, making their childhood much better. Without a doubt, that is more commendable than playing any sport.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
A big week in the Premier League

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately we start this week with the sad news of the death of David Bowie, one of the greatest musical geniuses who has had songs which have inspired millions of people over several decades. His albums and songs will be his legacy.

We're beginning a week with two Premier League games and we will try to extend the good run of results of the last few days. It’s true that the FA Cup game was not the greatest in the world, but right now, after some complicated weeks we have gone through, I think we have to give credit to each of our victories. It’s not easy to find spaces when you play against teams with so many players defending near the box, but we know we must play better and we will keep having good results. The positive thing of this game is that the team kept fighting until the end and that’s how we got Wayne’s goal. The FA Cup is a special competition and you see surprises every year. We are looking forward to new Cup ties.

We go to Newcastle now and to Liverpool on the weekend, in one of the main games of our season. These are two difficult away games but we want to keep moving towards our goals. Winning both would be a huge boost of confidence now that the second half of the season is starting.

In the rest of European football, obviously the main headline this week is about Real Madrid having a new manager, the legendary Zinedine Zidane, who was an exquisite player. He replaces Rafa Benitez, with whom I worked in the past and to whom I wish good luck in his new path.

Today in this blog I wanted to ask you for recommendations about TV series or documentaries because we spend many nights in hotels throughout the season. I’ve just finished Suits and I don’t know what to start now… The Wire? Deutschland 83? Fargo? Which one is your favourite? How about documentaries or special reports? I love Informe Robinson, for instance, I think I’ve seen all the episodes…

I hope we have a good week and next Monday we can talk about other subjects: books, music…

Thank you for following and supporting me week after week. Hugs,

Juan

PS: I would like to praise the staff working and cooperating with Kingfisher School and the University Hospital of South Manchester, and with similar organisations. What they do is a big help for plenty of kids who are in need, making their childhood much better. Without a doubt, that is more commendable than playing any sport.

He is such a lovely guy. Can we just get rid of LvG and make him the manager?

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Three golden points in Anfield

Hi everyone,

As I have said a moment ago through a video, this is a happy day. It’s more than just a Sunday. It’s the day when we have got a special win: three golden points in Anfield. Everybody knows about the historic rivalry between the two clubs, and this game was not an exception. It wasn’t the greatest game in the world, that’s for sure, but the atmosphere and the tension in this kind of matches make me feel privileged year after year… Our fans deserve a special mention, they were amazing and made themselves heard at every minute, supporting us through the entire game. Besides, we are in a good run of results against Liverpool lately; I hope we can stretch it in the future. Our goal came in the second half. Even if it wasn’t our best game, we were able to get a clean sheet (David was great) and to score a nice goal from Wayne after a corner kick.

I hope this win will give us a boost of confidence, and help us play better and keep getting results in order to move up the table. There's a long way to go and there is no team who is showing a great consistency, so everything is still open…

For the moment, we have to stay focused and keep the same mentality in our next game in Old Trafford against Southampton, the team of my friend Oriol Romeu. They have got two convincing wins in the last two games so we must be careful.

I don’t want to forget about last Tuesday. To be honest, my feeling is that we dropped two points… After being 0-2 and then 2-3 in the score we should have closed the game, but it wasn’t the case and we were all very upset on the way back to Manchester, that’s inevitable… We must learn from this kind of games.

As always, this weekend I also kept an eye on la Liga in Spain, just to see that Atlético de Madrid keeps pushing and winning, this time in Las Palmas, and that both Real Madrid and Barcelona scored many goals and enjoy themselves on the pitch… Valencia equalised at the death, I hope things get better in the next few games and they can move to the European spots.

On a different subject, “The Revenant” is already on UK screens, I have to find a moment to go to the cinema because it looks very good… I’ve heard that Leonardo DiCaprio has a fantastic performance… I really like most of his films, that’s the truth… Which is the movie you are more looking forward to in 2016? By the way, thank you for your suggestions about TV series, I have penciled down some of them…

It’s time to sign off. Have a nice week, and keep warm! The snow has come to Manchester already…!

Hugs,

Juan

Sparky Rhiwabon

Three golden points in Anfield

Hi everyone,

As I have said a moment ago through a video, this is a happy day. It’s more than just a Sunday. It’s the day when we have got a special win: three golden points in Anfield. Everybody knows about the historic rivalry between the two clubs, and this game was not an exception. It wasn’t the greatest game in the world, that’s for sure, but the atmosphere and the tension in this kind of matches make me feel privileged year after year… Our fans deserve a special mention, they were amazing and made themselves heard at every minute, supporting us through the entire game. Besides, we are in a good run of results against Liverpool lately; I hope we can stretch it in the future. Our goal came in the second half. Even if it wasn’t our best game, we were able to get a clean sheet (David was great) and to score a nice goal from Wayne after a corner kick.

I hope this win will give us a boost of confidence, and help us play better and keep getting results in order to move up the table. There's a long way to go and there is no team who is showing a great consistency, so everything is still open…

For the moment, we have to stay focused and keep the same mentality in our next game in Old Trafford against Southampton, the team of my friend Oriol Romeu. They have got two convincing wins in the last two games so we must be careful.

I don’t want to forget about last Tuesday. To be honest, my feeling is that we dropped two points… After being 0-2 and then 2-3 in the score we should have closed the game, but it wasn’t the case and we were all very upset on the way back to Manchester, that’s inevitable… We must learn from this kind of games.

As always, this weekend I also kept an eye on la Liga in Spain, just to see that Atlético de Madrid keeps pushing and winning, this time in Las Palmas, and that both Real Madrid and Barcelona scored many goals and enjoy themselves on the pitch… Valencia equalised at the death, I hope things get better in the next few games and they can move to the European spots.

On a different subject, “The Revenant” is already on UK screens, I have to find a moment to go to the cinema because it looks very good… I’ve heard that Leonardo DiCaprio has a fantastic performance… I really like most of his films, that’s the truth… Which is the movie you are more looking forward to in 2016? By the way, thank you for your suggestions about TV series, I have penciled down some of them…

It’s time to sign off. Have a nice week, and keep warm! The snow has come to Manchester already…!

Hugs,

Juan
Not one use of the phrase "bin dippers" - what a lovely guy :)

acrebo

F**king Revenant references! Proper cringeworthy, albeit quite effective, marketing.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
For the record; I haven't seen the Revenant yet so I'm not sure the "spoiler" below is even a spoiler.

Juan's Alternative Blog

Hi folks,

You know that bit in The Revenant where DiCaprio gets brutally fecked by a bear? Well, we're the bear and Liverpool are the squeaky voiced chinless wanker who's getting ten hairy inches rammed up his plum duff.

On another note; go and watch The fecking Revenant or I'll stab you.

Hugs, Juan.

Nucks

RT History Department
For the record; I haven't seen the Revenant yet so I'm not sure the "spoiler" below is even a spoiler.

Juan's Alternative Blog

Hi folks,

You know that bit in The Revenant where DiCaprio gets brutally fecked by a bear? Well, we're the bear and Liverpool are the squeaky voiced chinless wanker who's getting ten hairy inches rammed up his plum duff.

On another note; go and watch The fecking Revenant or I'll stab you.

Hugs, Juan.

I've seen it. It's a ridiculous movie. If that scene existed (which it doesn't), it would be one of the least ridiculous aspects of the movie.

MyOnlySolskjaer

First defeat of 2016

Hi everyone,

Once again I'm writing with a bad taste. After several games without being defeated, we lost 0-1 to Southampton in Old Trafford. And it hurts, it really does. It was the perfect time to get the three points and stretch the good streak in 2016, but we couldn't make it. It wasn't a good game from any of the teams, a draw would have been a fair result (although not good enough for us), but a late goal from Austin after a free-kick took the points away from us. It's another tough moment, for you and for us, but we must get through this. I understand your frustration, because we feel the same way, but we have to carry on.

Football doesn't stop and now it's time for the FA Cup. And we want to fight for this trophy for you. We feel bad every time we get a bad result, but it hurts even more for you. We must get better results for you, I hope this beautiful competition will provide them. We play against Derby County, a historical team in England; they got great results especially in the seventies. But as I said, I hope we can make a good game, get through the next round and start another good run of results.

I thank you for your support in the bad times, and I assure you that our only goal is to do things much better to move up the table in the Premier League and try to lift the FA Cup. Thanks to all of you. I'm sure that better moments will come sooner or later, and we will enjoy them much more, aware of how tough it is to get there.

Hugs,

Juan

Redguern

First defeat of 2016

Hi everyone,

Once again I'm writing with a bad taste. After several games without being defeated, we lost 0-1 to Southampton in Old Trafford. And it hurts, it really does. It was the perfect time to get the three points and stretch the good streak in 2016, but we couldn't make it. It wasn't a good game from any of the teams, a draw would have been a fair result (although not good enough for us), but a late goal from Austin after a free-kick took the points away from us. It's another tough moment, for you and for us, but we must get through this. I understand your frustration, because we feel the same way, but we have to carry on.

Football doesn't stop and now it's time for the FA Cup. And we want to fight for this trophy for you. We feel bad every time we get a bad result, but it hurts even more for you. We must get better results for you, I hope this beautiful competition will provide them. We play against Derby County, a historical team in England; they got great results especially in the seventies. But as I said, I hope we can make a good game, get through the next round and start another good run of results.

I thank you for your support in the bad times, and I assure you that our only goal is to do things much better to move up the table in the Premier League and try to lift the FA Cup. Thanks to all of you. I'm sure that better moments will come sooner or later, and we will enjoy them much more, aware of how tough it is to get there.

Hugs,

Juan

What is Juan trying to say here....?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
If he spent more time practicing football and less time doing these words then he'd be a lot more smarter ball kicker person.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Focused on Stoke City

Hi everyone,

January is now over. It hasn’t been an easy month but our victory in Derby leaves a good taste because it means a boost of energy for us: we move onto the next round of the FA Cup and also the team had good feelings and I think we played a good match. In the first half we controlled the game and got a great goal from Wayne. Later on they tied the score, but in the second half we showed a desire to win and were able to close the game. As I said, it was a very positive win with a more dynamic, fluid style that we hope to maintain from now on. By the end of February we will have to beat Shrewsbury Town if we want to be closer to Wembley… I hope we can get there, I really want to experience again the special atmosphere of that stadium. But right now we have to go step by step and think only about the next round.

Besides, there is no time to enjoy the win in the FA Cup because we are already focused on our game against Stoke tomorrow. This is a very busy month with seven games and our aim is to try to win them all, starting with Stoke, who beat us in the first half of the season. They have a team with many talented players who have changed the way they play football with regard to the last few seasons and it’s working well for them. We are looking forward to a new win in Old Trafford and, from now until the end of the season, we have to be strong at home and don’t concede any points…

We will close the week with a special game for me… Going back to Stamford Bridge brings me many and good memories and, although I already played there last season, it’s always special to be back to a stadium where I played so many games during my first few years in England, and in front of a club and a crowd to whom I will always be grateful. Obviously, having said that, my only goal is to win. I think a victory against Chelsea in their stadium could be very important for us and we will try our best to get it.

In Spain, the main game this weekend was Barcelona versus Atlético. The away team deserves a lot of credit for pushing until the end with only nine players, making things difficult to Barcelona, who at the same time keep showing how reliable they are. They don’t need to play well many minutes to win games. Their advantage can be good if they know how to manage their effort and emotions between the Liga, Cup and Champions League, which is not easy at all.

Meanwhile, Real Madrid got another solid win with many goals in the Bernabéu, and Valencia, after getting to the semi-finals of the Spanish Cup during the week, lost in Mestalla against Sporting. It’s a complicated season for Valencia and they have a big challenge in the Cup, but I’m sure the fans are all very excited about being so close to playing in the final.

I also want to send my support from here to Javi Martínez, who will have to stop a few weeks with another knee injury. I hope it’s nothing serious and he can be on top form very soon…

Away from football, this has been a good week for Spanish sport. First of all, Javier Fernández won his fourth straight European figure skating championship, and he deserves a lot of credit for everything he’s achieving because this is a sport with not much tradition in my country. Also, the handball national team lost the European final against Germany but they have played a great tournament and that’s something we are very proud of.

January is now over. The month was marked by the sad news of David Bowie’s passing. In the last few days I have been revising some of his works (I think 'Space Oddity' is a fantastic song, and 'The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars' a great album), and I wanted to ask you, as I said on a video, which is your favourite of Bowie’s songs or albums?

Have a nice week. Hugs!

Juan

MyOnlySolskjaer

Proud of the team

Hi everyone,

Old Trafford deserved a week like this one. We needed to improve, we needed to win these three games, and so we did. Despite suffering so many injuries lately, this team fights. We did it first on Monday, in the FA Cup. Going to Wembley is our goal and, in order to do so, we have to beat West Ham at home the next weekend. The game against Shrewsbury Town was not as easy as the score may show, precisely because it was a complicated moment for us. But the team showed character, and for sure that win was a boost of confidence for the following games that were awaiting us… On Thursday, in the Europa League, we had to overcome the 2-1 score of the first leg and, although FC Midtjylland is a well-organised team and defensively very compact, we were better and got a solid win. So we keep alive another goal: winning a trophy the club has never won, which would allow us to play the Champions League the next season. The next round is going to be special since we have been drawn against Liverpool. I’m sure they are going to be two thrilling games. We're all very excited and looking forward to them.

Perhaps the most remarkable moment of the week has been our win against Arsenal in the Theatre of Dreams on Sunday. The first thing I want to say is that the atmosphere in the stadium was really amazing… I think our supporters were in tune with us on the importance of the game… Together we are stronger, and your support gave us the strength we needed in the last few minutes to keep the three points at home… It was an intense, thrilling match with many goals… In short, it was a great game for those who love this sport. Everybody wants to participate in a match like this, full of tension and against a big rival. And it’s because of this kind of games that I love football so much. With such a good team performance it’s never fair to highlight this or that player, but of course all of us are very happy for Marcus. He’s played just a few minutes with the first team and has already scored very important goals, showing his great potential and giving us a hint of the bright future that I’m sure he has and that I wish to him. Besides, the club’s tradition and its connection with the Academy is making the fans proud of the great moment that Marcus and other team-mates are living, for they can see that the work with the young players is being rewarded…

There is no time for celebrations though. As from now we only think about Watford. We want to keep this good moment and we want to keep winning to have a great end of the season… This coming Wednesday is the next step.

Meanwhile in la Liga, Barcelona won against a combative Sevilla in a really nice game. Atlético beat Real Madrid at the Bernabéu, and Villarreal, with another win, extended their spectacular season, including a goal from my friend Adrián López. I’m very happy for him because he had been unlucky lately with some injuries…

This has been a happier post than last week’s. As always, I’d like to thank you for your messages of support, especially when things are not the way you want. But now it’s time to enjoy this victory and make this good moment last for as long as we can!

Have a nice week. Hugs!

Juan

PS: For those who love basketball I recommend you to watch Sergio Llull’s buzzer-beater, a game-winning shot worthy of Stephen Curry… Amazing.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
He has to be the nicest United player since Ole.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
and by portions of our fan base horribly underrated.
Human failing in some - always remember the bad and forget the good.

If you had to choose the worst player this season, it wouldn't be Juan Mata. And as the whole team have been under-performing for much of the season, I doubt you could lay the blame at anyone's feet.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Fighting spirit, true warrior, heat of the moment, Chuck Norris yada yada.

Hugs
:lol:

Whoever he hugs, I hope he/she is wearing a harness of 5 inch death spikes under his sweater laced with cobra poison.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
People should make more hugs jokes in more threads, they're absolutely hilarious and really witty.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Juan's Alternative Blog

Hi everyone,

If you could all look at this neuralyzer for a second I'll just erase your memories of the last thirty minutes... Actually, let me just set it to erase the last three years..

*whoosh*

I'm back at Chelsea again, everything is fine.

Hugs, Juan.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Something's wrong with Mata's blog today.
No hugs!:(

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Let’s stay on the right track despite this blot

Hi everyone,

After almost 500 games as a professional player, this Sunday I was sent off for the first time in my career. As you can imagine, it’s not easy for me to write these lines. The truth is this is a new and strange situation for me, not easy to assimilate, but we learn from everything. I know that, in football, we see things like these every week, but obviously what hurts more is that my team-mates had to fight with ten men for a long time. I have the feeling that both decisions were rigorous; that, in many occasions, we see more serious fouls that are not penalised in such a way, but at the same time I could have avoided them and I take responsibility. It also leaves me with a bad taste for the supporters who travelled to the stadium, and for those who were watching the game from home, but I must carry on as always and from now on I’m already focused on the next game, the derby against Liverpool in the Europa League. In this sport there’s no time for celebrations or moaning, and after last Wednesday’s joy for the win and the goal against Watford, now I have to go through a more bitter experience. That’s the way it is. What matters is to move forward and to always learn from each situation. And so I will.

The team was in a good shape. I hope this blot won’t make us forget that we were on the right track, and that we have to keep believing in ourselves to achieve the goals that are still in our minds from now until the end of the season.

That’s it for today. I take responsibility in the good and the bad moments, as I’ve always done and I will always do. Thank you very much for your support.

Juan

PS: I’d like to give my condolences to the family and friends of Gaspar Rosety, who sadly passed away this weekend. He was a journalist who made many football fans vibrate with his voice, and he always had words of affection for me. RIP.

Green_Red

I think if this guy could have a bit more of a ruthless streak he could be a lot more effective

Status
Not open for further replies.