Juan Mata's blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
:lol:

Unfortunately, I have legs like the pre-cooked chickens you can buy in Asda.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
...and guaranteed to give you food poisoning.

LR7

Today's post:

Falling down is allowed, getting back up is mandatory
FUENTE: Juan Mata

Hi everyone,
I do know that you may win or lose, that this is sports and it's part of the game. But I hate this feeling.

I feel very disappointed today. This is how you feel when you spend two weeks waiting for a game, getting ready for it, and then things don't go the way you wanted. It happened in Goodison Park and the truth is this is not the first time, as you know. Honestly, everything looked good at the start and we were looking forward to winning the game for our fans, but their first goal from the penalty spot came as a blow. For them it had exactly the opposite effect: Everton got more confidence, especially after scoring a second goal, and since that moment the script of the match went to fit their needs.
Despite our efforts and the chances we had by the end of the game we didn't manage to come back, and what the Premiership table shows now is something that neither the club nor the fans deserve. We will keep fighting until the end, that's the least we can do because I honestly think that we owe many good results to our supporters this season, mainly in Old Trafford. There are three games remaining at home (Norwich, Sunderland and Hull City) and the last one in Southampton. To get as many points as possible and finish as high as we can on the table is, unfortunately, the only goal ahead for us.

So far we were the more reliable side in the away games, but the streak came to an end this Sunday and it's fair to say that Everton deserve a lot of credit for their season.
I also want to congratulate Real Madrid for winning the Copa del Rey last week. Meanwhile, in la Liga, Atlético gets closer to the title thanks to another win, although Elche were tough to beat.
In the last seven days we got very sad news with the passing of Gabriel García Márquez, one of the best writers in history for sure. His novel "One Hundred Years of Solitude", among others, will remain immortal.
We also suffered the loss of Rubin "Hurricane" Carter this Sunday. His fighting for justice has inspired many people throughout the past years. Rest in peace both of them. We will never forget them.
I say goodbye now looking forward to the next game. I hope it comes as soon as possible because, as you can imagine, this bad taste makes me mad. And, of course, I thank you for all your messages of support in the good moments and, especially, in the bad ones. Without you everything would be more complicated.

Hug,

Juan

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Today's post:

Falling down is allowed, getting back up is mandatory
FUENTE: Juan Mata

Hi everyone,
I do know that you may win or lose, that this is sports and it's part of the game. But I hate this feeling.

I feel very disappointed today. This is how you feel when you spend two weeks waiting for a game, getting ready for it, and then things don't go the way you wanted. It happened in Goodison Park and the truth is this is not the first time, as you know. Honestly, everything looked good at the start and we were looking forward to winning the game for our fans, but their first goal from the penalty spot came as a blow. For them it had exactly the opposite effect: Everton got more confidence, especially after scoring a second goal, and since that moment the script of the match went to fit their needs.
Despite our efforts and the chances we had by the end of the game we didn't manage to come back, and what the Premiership table shows now is something that neither the club nor the fans deserve. We will keep fighting until the end, that's the least we can do because I honestly think that we owe many good results to our supporters this season, mainly in Old Trafford. There are three games remaining at home (Norwich, Sunderland and Hull City) and the last one in Southampton. To get as many points as possible and finish as high as we can on the table is, unfortunately, the only goal ahead for us.

So far we were the more reliable side in the away games, but the streak came to an end this Sunday and it's fair to say that Everton deserve a lot of credit for their season.
I also want to congratulate Real Madrid for winning the Copa del Rey last week. Meanwhile, in la Liga, Atlético gets closer to the title thanks to another win, although Elche were tough to beat.
In the last seven days we got very sad news with the passing of Gabriel García Márquez, one of the best writers in history for sure. His novel "One Hundred Years of Solitude", among others, will remain immortal.
We also suffered the loss of Rubin "Hurricane" Carter this Sunday. His fighting for justice has inspired many people throughout the past years. Rest in peace both of them. We will never forget them.
I say goodbye now looking forward to the next game. I hope it comes as soon as possible because, as you can imagine, this bad taste makes me mad. And, of course, I thank you for all your messages of support in the good moments and, especially, in the bad ones. Without you everything would be more complicated.

Hug,

Juan
:( The guy deserves better than he's had at this club so far, much better. What a true gentleman.

LR7

:( The guy deserves better than he's had at this club so far, much better. What a true gentleman.
yeah this part stuck out for me:

"I do know that you may win or lose, that this is sports and it's part of the game. But I hate this feeling."

I imagine several of our players are feeling the same. It's a shame.

ZDwyr

His next entry will be interesting. Assuming he addresses the managerial situation in some way. He probably won't go into too much detail though.

LR7

'Nobody said it would be easy'

Hi everyone,

As you can imagine, my first blog entries of the season are turning a bit complicated. That’s the way it happens when the games don’t go the way you expected, and all you want to do now is to recover and to play the next match as soon as possible.

I do think that changes need time. We are talking about a new project, with a new manager and a new style. There is going to be a transition and that new start is more difficult if you don’t get good results. We would have liked to win the first two games of the season but that didn’t happen, and all we can do now is to prepare the next game, try to get the three points and start a good streak.

I know this is disappointing, but as I said last week –because it’s true– this is just the beginning of the season and there is still a long way to go. We must remain positive and confident, keep working hard and get better day after day.

It’s never easy to play at Sunderland, although after the game that point is not enough. We scored first but they equalised in a corner kick before the break, and we didn’t manage to score again in the second half. Personally I’m happy with my first goal of the season, but not completely since we couldn’t win.

Also, during the week Marcos Rojo became our new team-mate. I would like to welcome him and I wish him all the best with our club. I believe he can contribute a lot of good things to the team as he showed, for instance, in the last World Cup with Argentina.

Tomorrow we play the Capital One Cup against Milton Keynes Dons. It’s another competition and a new opportunity to keep getting better. They have had a good start in the League One and I’m sure they will take this game as a final.

In Spain, the Super Cup and la Liga’s first week were almost at the same time. First of all I want to congratulate Atlético for the title, and I have to highlight as well Eibar’s debut in the top category: first victory and a superb goal.

There are other things beyond football. Last week I did my bit to help fighting ALS through the Ice Bucket Challenge. It’s a very original way to help fighting this terrible disease and the confirmation that social networks can be very useful when working together for a good cause, but as I said in the video, and I say it again here, the important thing is to help with donations.

I say goodbye now, with a bittersweet feeling but also looking forward to the next games and confident that things will get better soon and we will start winning. It’s time to stick together and I thank you for all your support because, at the end of the day, we all go in the same direction and we all have the same goal.

Have a nice week. Hugs,
Juan

PS: Once again I am pleased to congratulate some Spanish colleagues for their success in sports, this time the girls of the national swimming team for their 13 medals in the European Championships held in Berlin. You are great.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
"Un abrazo" - quite a normal thing to say in Spain, not so in England. Perhaps someone can convince him that "cheers" is a better translation?!

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Can someone please copy and paste his latest blogs here. Can't load the link page on my phone, TA!

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
This webpage is not available

EDIT: Here it comes...

On the right path
September 15th, 2014

Hi everyone,

I have been looking forward to this for a long time: writing on a Sunday evening just to show how excited we are in the team. On the pitch we could exhibit the team’s potential and we enjoyed our game, and I also have to thank our fans for always being there, for their trust and support. Beating QPR is only one game, that’s pretty clear to me, but I also hope it is going to start a good streak that will take us far, to the place where we want to be.

In the last few weeks I have been telling you that we are working very well in the training sessions. With so many new players and a new football style we need time to adjust to each other. It takes time to bear fruit but I knew that was going to happen. We keep working on it and a victory like this one against QPR comes to show that we are on the right path.

Personally, playing alongside guys like Blind, Rojo or Falcao is a joy. They will become more and more adjusted to the team and their quality will help us a lot. We have been working together for a few days now, getting to know each other, and I’m sure we will be a better team as weeks go by. As regards to Di María, it seems he’s been with us for a long time. Ángel is a very enthusiastic guy, a great signing. After the game I gave to him the MVP trophy and improvised as his translator for the TV. He looks happy and that makes us happy as well.

Now we have a week to prepare the next game against Leicester and to keep working together as a team. I was looking forward to enjoy a week like this after a good result.

In Spain, the most remarkable game of the weekend was the derby in Madrid. Atlético beat Real with a goal from a player I really like: Arda Turan. Pure talent.

Before I say goodbye I would like to congratulate the girls of theSpanish national team after qualifying for the Women’s World Cup for the first time ever. Good luck in Canada! And I send all my support to our national teams of basketball and tennis; soon we will be celebrating your success again, I’m sure of that!

Thank you for your support and for congratulating me after my goal

Keep it up!

Have a nice week.

Hugs, Juan

Shark

@NotShark
This webpage is not available

EDIT: Here it comes...

On the right path
September 15th, 2014

Hi everyone,

I have been looking forward to this for a long time: writing on a Sunday evening just to show how excited we are in the team. On the pitch we could exhibit the team’s potential and we enjoyed our game, and I also have to thank our fans for always being there, for their trust and support. Beating QPR is only one game, that’s pretty clear to me, but I also hope it is going to start a good streak that will take us far, to the place where we want to be.

In the last few weeks I have been telling you that we are working very well in the training sessions. With so many new players and a new football style we need time to adjust to each other. It takes time to bear fruit but I knew that was going to happen. We keep working on it and a victory like this one against QPR comes to show that we are on the right path.

Personally, playing alongside guys like Blind, Rojo or Falcao is a joy. They will become more and more adjusted to the team and their quality will help us a lot. We have been working together for a few days now, getting to know each other, and I’m sure we will be a better team as weeks go by. As regards to Di María, it seems he’s been with us for a long time. Ángel is a very enthusiastic guy, a great signing. After the game I gave to him the MVP trophy and improvised as his translator for the TV. He looks happy and that makes us happy as well.

Now we have a week to prepare the next game against Leicester and to keep working together as a team. I was looking forward to enjoy a week like this after a good result.

In Spain, the most remarkable game of the weekend was the derby in Madrid. Atlético beat Real with a goal from a player I really like: Arda Turan. Pure talent.

Before I say goodbye I would like to congratulate the girls of theSpanish national team after qualifying for the Women’s World Cup for the first time ever. Good luck in Canada! And I send all my support to our national teams of basketball and tennis; soon we will be celebrating your success again, I’m sure of that!

Thank you for your support and for congratulating me after my goal

Keep it up!

Have a nice week.

Hugs, Juan
I love the way he always ends his blogs by congratulating someone or raising concern. We're lucky to have such a talented and friendly individual in our squad.

Cina

I love him.

He's going to be a great player for us, nae doubt.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
i liked the fact that after the final whistle he took time to pose for a few photos with fans. a real genuine nice guy it seems

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The world could do with more Mata's, that's for sure.

Shark

@NotShark
i liked the fact that after the final whistle he took time to pose for a few photos with fans. a real genuine nice guy it seems
Indeed. He's an excellent personality to have help settle in new players and keep the piece. I really hope that he becomes a legend here, as he's easily a good enough player to do so. Selling him would be madness.

RedRevongge

I know I'm biased and all but we really do have such a likable team at the minute.
True. We are definitely lacking in total cnuts. Probably the only widely disliked players amongst opposition fans are Rooney and Young (for the diving), and to be fair even a lot of our own fans dislike them

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
I know I'm biased and all but we really do have such a likable team at the minute.
Agreed. And they are all so feckin pretty too. Well except Rooney and Di Maria. We really do have the most handsome team in the league, maybe the world. I'm certainly not letting my misses have next years calendar. It's all MINE! :lol:

LR7

Here you go guys, this weeks Mata fix:

An important game to close the week

Hi everyone,

Today I’m writing to you as we travel to Birmingham on the team bus. As you know we play against West Brom this Monday, so here I am, and I’m going to share with you some of the things that have happened during the week.

I want to tell you how is my last day before playing a game. When we play away from home, and this is the case now, we use to meet up on the eve of the game at Carrington’s training ground. We have our last training session and then we have lunch together -today I shared a table with David and Ander as we followed the scores in European football. We travel in the afternoon. Depending on the destination, sometimes we go by plane, by train, or this time by bus as it takes less than two hours to get to Birmingham.

Upon arrival, we check in at the hotel and have dinner. Once we finish we have different options, such as treatment with the physios, chatting with the team-mates or going straight to the room. In my case, I like to spend some time on my own, just chilling before going to bed. I use to carry my laptop to watch a movie or a TV series. And I also try to get mentally ready for the game, visualising different plays and the way the match could be.

The day before a game I like to sleep a lot so I don’t go to bed very late. Today I’m writing this earlier than usual, because normally I work on the blog after dinner, when all the games are finished. But to me it’s very important to feel rested during the most important moment of the week.

This week has been very good in terms of training; I hope we are able to show that on the pitch. A third consecutive win would be really important. The last two took a lot of effort and I’m sure it will be the same at The Hawthorns. I hope we can make it.

We have had bad news this week with Thiago Alcántara’s injury. We played together with the Spanish under-21 team and won the European Championship in Denmark in 2011. I’m sure he’s going to recover and to play his great football again.

This weekend I have had plenty of time to watch football on TV. I missed Valencia’s game though, since I was travelling with the team, but I followed the match on Twitter and got to know that Deportivo scored in the first half and Valencia tried to tie the game after the break, until they finally conceded a third goal on a counter-attack.

The top three teams of last season keep showing strength. Real Madrid has an amazing scoring average, Barça beat a very good Eibar and they haven’t conceded a goal yet. Interesting stats ahead of the ‘Clásico’, which takes place the next weekend: the team with the best attacking power so far against the only one that remains unbeaten. Meanwhile Atlético won thanks to two header goals, again making the most of strategy plays.

I also watched some German football. I got very happy with Xabi Alonso’s goal (under the wall) and also with Stuttgart and my friend Oriol Romeu being able to tie the game against Leverkusen in just 19 minutes despite being three goals down.

I’m leaving you now, but before that I would like to congratulate Manchester United for having reached 60 million fans on Facebook this weekend, a figure that shows the greatness of the club and the excellent work that is being done by the guys here.

I hope things go well this Monday and we can add up three more points.

Hugs,

Juan

PS: I don’t want to forget about the International Breast Cancer Day that took place this Sunday. Every day, millions of women fight with courage against this disease. They are an example to all of us.

MDFC Manager

I'm probably reading a bit too much into the lines but it appears that he's going to start tonight.

Ludens the Red

Agreed. And they are all so feckin pretty too. Well except Rooney and Di Maria. We really do have the most handsome team in the league, maybe the world. I'm certainly not letting my misses have next years calendar. It's all MINE! :lol:
That's one hell of a gay post.kudos.

Bwuk

I'm probably reading a bit too much into the lines but it appears that he's going to start tonight.
He was always going too. Rooney is his main competition in the side, and he's suspended. Mata didn't play in the international break either as he didn't get called up.

Patchbeard

Find it hard to believe he played in the same U21 team as Thiago! He looks at least a decade older.

ZDwyr

Good read. I like hearing about what players do in preparation for games. No surprise he sat with Dave and Ander.

Status
Not open for further replies.