Jude Bellingham | Borussia Dortmund player...

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
The calls weren't wrong. Both calls were right.
Says the Bayern fan. I'm sure you'd be saying the same thing had they gone the other way. Oh of course not.

Neither call was right. The Dortmund penalty was absolutely nailed on. Shameful to say otherwise.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Says the Bayern fan. I'm sure you'd be saying the same thing had they gone the other way. Oh of course not.

Neither call was right. The Dortmund penalty was absolutely nailed on. Shameful to say otherwise.
Nope. Haaland was offside in the build up so even if the ref had given it VAR would have overturned it.
And the Hummels handball was a clear penalty that noone in their right mind can have complaints about.

Objectively, Dortmund weren't disadvantaged.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Embarrassing interview. Unprofessional and deserves suspension.

Plenty of time to grow up.
Was Rose getting sent off embarrassing, unprofessional and worthy of needing to grow up?

If I was a Dortmund fan I'd be happy with a player coming out and saying what the manager can't to leave this out in the open.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Was Rose getting sent off embarrassing, unprofessional and worthy of needing to grow up?

If I was a Dortmund fan I'd be happy with a player coming out and saying what the manager can't to leave this out in the open.
Yes.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Nope. Haaland was offside in the build up so even if the ref had given it VAR would have overturned it.
And the Hummels handball was a clear penalty that noone in their right mind can have complaints about.

Objectively, Dortmund weren't disadvantaged.
Just because you call it objective doesn't make it any less your biased opinion.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Just because you call it objective doesn't make it any less your biased opinion.
It's a fact that Haaland was offside. And it's a fact that Hummels clears a long free kick, that is in the air forever, with his elbow before it reaches Müller.

You can be childish and butthurt all you want, it's the truth.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020

Absolutely :lol: :lol:

No wonder one of his players behaved like that afterwards.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Absolutely :lol: :lol:

No wonder one of his players behaved like that afterwards.
:lol:

Part of the game. Wouldn't mind it one bit if it was my team in those circumstances. Everything on the line, would have leapfrogged Bayern had decisions gone their way.

JJ12

Part of the game. Wouldn't mind it one bit if it was my team in those circumstances. Everything on the line, would have leapfrogged Bayern had decisions gone their way.
Even if they were wrong decisions (they weren’t) you can’t behave like that for Christ sake. Both deserve a ban. Learn from the experience and move on.

Devil may care

He was the linesman and got his money from the main referee Robert Hoyzer. He was obviously ok with Zwayer just keeping his mouth shut when he made a wrong call. In the end nothing happened that could be seen as a bought decision by Zwayer.
The main ref, Robert Hoyzer, was the one involved with organized match fixing. Zwayer, as the linesman in that match, was more of a subcontractor to Hoyzer, as insurance.
Sounds like some Mafioso shit. :nervous:

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

Good God, wise up will ye!

He called a ref out for being a scumbag cheat and rightly so. Should never be near a fecking football pitch.

JJ12

Good God, wise up will ye!

He called a ref out for being a scumbag cheat and rightly so. Should never be near a fecking football pitch.
Hopefully it opens doors and we get that every week. Players throwing toys out of the pram just because calls didn’t go their way, you’re right.

Rightfully fined, should’ve been suspended.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Obviously salty by him, distasteful. Not good behaviour.

But it was a fact, and shame on the DFB that this man is still refereeing this day, I hope it brings attention to all this and it all comes back on them.

Doesn't deserve a suspension, fine seems reasonably fair. It's facts at the end of the day.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Obviously salty by him, distasteful. Not good behaviour.

But it was a fact, and shame on the DFB that this man is still refereeing this day, I hope it brings attention to all this and it all comes back on them.

Doesn't deserve a suspension, fine seems reasonably fair. It's facts at the end of the day.
I think this pretty much sums it up.

Chief123

It was an immature thing to say. But wtf....if that is true that the ref has been done for match fixing before, why the feck is he still refereeing at the top level?!

ShinjiNinja26

What’s embarrassing about it exactly? He rightly called out dodgy decisions made by a known corrupt referee. The only ‘embarrassing’ thing here is the Bundesliga allowing the cnut to still officiate at the top level or any level at that.

JJ12

What’s embarrassing about it exactly? He rightly called out dodgy decisions made by a known corrupt referee. The only ‘embarrassing’ thing here is the Bundesliga allowing the cnut to still officiate at the top level or any level at that.
Jude came across a petulant brat, that’s what’s embarrassing.

In fairness his manager gave him the green light with his performance on the touchline.

TsuWave

I'd rather see our players do that more often, rather than being as nice as they are most of the times to be fair.
Me too. There’s always this talk of football being or having been the working man’s game but for whatever reason people don’t want players to show emotions similar to the ones the working man feels when discussing football. It all has to be distilled and sanitary under the guise of “professionalism”. feck that. If you feel robbed, say you feel robbed.

johanovic

Watched this game and the ref had a bad game to say the least....how VAR did not notice a penalty when Reus was pulled down. And the penalty Bayern got was as soft as there can be. But I´m glad Bellingham spoke out and he´s was just stating a fact. The refeere was banned for 6 months: https://www.dw.com/en/jude-bellingh...zer-match-fixing-scandal-explained/a-60037092
How on earth can a ref that was found to have taken money be a ref in Germany? I´ll take my hat off for young Bellingham daring to say outloud what others like some fellow refs have said about him. This match was a scandal from a refeering standpoint.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!

Actually refreshing to hear someone speak their mind rather than bland preprogrammed answers.

Should absolutely be allowed.

diarm

There is something funny about fining a player for "unsportsmanlike behaviour", because he speaks out about the proven match fixer you are employing as a referee.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Why the feck is a ref that fixed a game still allowed to ref?

Dante

Average bang
No problem. The notion that politicians aren’t paid enough, mint
They kinda aren't.

Politicians should be paid the equivalent of a professional footballer's salary for the duration of their term in office. But then be banned from taking any other job, investment or contract for at least 10 years afterwards so as to prevent them from enacting policies that they would have otherwise benefitted from personally.

That alone would fix a huge amount of the self-serving profiteering that led to things like Brexit, London centric public spending, and the majority of foreign arms deals.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
It was an immature thing to say. But wtf....if that is true that the ref has been done for match fixing before, why the feck is he still refereeing at the top level?!
From what I gather he was asking the same question.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
He took money for a single game where he acted as a linesman, but made no mistake in the match, so he didn't fix anything. He later took part in uncovering what was going on. He stayed silent for to long and therefore was not seen as blameless in the whole story, but what he did wasn't seen as bad enough for a life long ban, and I think that's ok that he got a second chance.

RedRover

Listening to a podcast from the Athletic last night and it was discussed and it is true. He accepted 300 Euros from a referee when running the line when he was in his early 20's in a 3rd division game. He kept quiet for 6 months and eventually came forward and gave evidence and as such, avoided prison. He was banned for 6 months. It was Rafa Honigstein talking about it. He made the point that the Authorities kept his involvement quiet for ages before it all came out.

The point was also made that Bellingham (who was 18 months old at the time of the incident) is talking about it, that's because everyone in the dressing room is talking about it. How that ref can referee any professional matches, let alone this one is bizarre. His reputation won't ever recover.

Haaland was offside in the build up and has he used VAR (as he did with the Bayern pen) he'd have seen that. He's done himself no favours.

RedRover

They kinda aren't.

Politicians should be paid the equivalent of a professional footballer's salary for the duration of their term in office. But then be banned from taking any other job, investment or contract for at least 10 years afterwards so as to prevent them from enacting policies that they would have otherwise benefitted from personally.

That alone would fix a huge amount of the self-serving profiteering that led to things like Brexit, London centric public spending, and the majority of foreign arms deals.
As unpalatable as this is, I agree. MP's in the UK make less than me, and I don't have to live in London where life is double the price it is where I'm from. This is perhaps the reason why the standard of such individuals can be questionable.

UncleBob

They kinda aren't.

johanovic

He took money for a single game where he acted as a linesman, but made no mistake in the match, so he didn't fix anything. He later took part in uncovering what was going on. He stayed silent for to long and therefore was not seen as blameless in the whole story, but what he did wasn't seen as bad enough for a life long ban, and I think that's ok that he got a second chance.
So he just took the money and did not tell anyone about it until it came to light... "Although there is no evidence that Zwayer ever actually made any intentionally incorrect decisions in Wuppertal's favor, the verdict revealed that the DFB had explicitly disciplined Zwayer for taking a bribe and for failing to report match-fixing."
Surely a ref behaving like this has no credibility

Abizzz

The point was also made that Bellingham (who was 18 months old at the time of the incident) is talking about it, that's because everyone in the dressing room is talking about it. How that ref can referee any professional matches, let alone this one is bizarre. His reputation won't ever recover.
The DFB and especially their referees are an embarrassing joke. Jude said what everyone knows (in Germany who's followed football a bit) and gets fined for it.
Then again DFB didn't replay or annul a match that a regular court decided was fixed on the basis that the loosing team lost too much for the fixing to matter (I'm not kidding, 3. Dezember 2004: Karlsruher SC – MSV Duisburg 0:3 , I was there).

They are crooks.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
The DFB and especially their referees are an embarrassing joke. Jude said what everyone knows (in Germany who's followed football a bit) and gets fined for it.
Then again DFB didn't replay or annul a match that a regular court decided was fixed on the basis that the loosing team lost too much for the fixing to matter (I'm not kidding, 3. Dezember 2004: Karlsruher SC – MSV Duisburg 0:3 , I was there).

They are crooks.
With his statement Bellingham implied that the game was fixed. That is why he has to pay a fine. And yes, the ref should obviously have stopped working professional matches many many years ago.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Looks like there is still a bit of gas in the tank for this topic.