Jude Bellingham | Borussia Dortmund player...

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Not that this proves any kind of match fixing, but on the Reus incident Zwayer (going by his own interview) told VAR he had a very good view on Hernandez's behavior and made a deliberate call to follow a generous line and allow it. Which put the threshold for intervention on its upper end.

Whereas for the Hummels incident he said that he saw the handling of the ball but couldn't make out how outstretched the arm was (I don't understand how you can see one, but not the other, but whatever), signaling incomplete perception to VAR, which put the intervention threshold to its minimum.
Are you really going to die on that hill? Do you seriously believe that match was fixed?
Sorry, I normally value your posts but that is simply a ridiculous take.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Are you really going to die on that hill? Do you seriously believe that match was fixed?
Sorry, I normally value your posts but that is simply a ridiculous take.
I think I wrote about 20 times by now that I don't believe that to be the case. But Zwayer didn't have a flawless match either and neither was VAR responsible for it.

My very first post on the topic in this thread:
But accusations of match fixing aren't warranted and were unprofessional from Bellingham.

Firstouch20

A little part of me wants to see him join a rival side just so i can call him "Jude Bellendham"

SirSean

Kind of dishonest to pile on me, when I answered to a post stating that it would be unlikely the clubs whose game he refereed could have known what the referee had done. Or indeed as you say the media/commentators, when it's the most easily accessible information available.
Point is, it can't come as a shock to anyone involved that Zwayer refereed BVB-Bayern. He's refereed hundreds of games, including a couple of CL games of United. I don't expect non-German football fans to have been aware of that, but it's laughable to feign outrage now about this particular game.
I didn't mean to pile up on you, apologies if it felt like that. I meant to make the point, that expecting supporters of a team and league foreign to that of a referee in a European match to read up on a referee (unless they're really really famous, like Collina was) is a bit farfetched. Or at least expecting the majority of supporters to do so is a wee bit too absurd. I've only just learned about Zwayer, and am truly baffled why he would ever get the chance to referee a game again.

I do get your point about it being pathetic when Jude feels he's the victim of his (Zwayer's) refereeing, that's when he decides to talk about it. It is pathetic. But the kid is 18 - I wouldn't expect any better though.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
I didn't mean to pile up on you, apologies if it felt like that. I meant to make the point, that expecting supporters of a team and league foreign to that of a referee in a European match to read up on a referee (unless they're really really famous, like Collina was) is a bit farfetched. Or at least expecting the majority of supporters to do so is a wee bit too absurd. I've only just learned about Zwayer, and am truly baffled why he would ever get the chance to referee a game again.

I do get your point about it being pathetic when Jude feels he's the victim of his (Zwayer's) refereeing, that's when he decides to talk about it. It is pathetic. But the kid is 18 - I wouldn't expect any better though.
All good mate. Also I wouldn't call it pathetic from Bellingham, the kid is a hero even if he clearly needs to calm down (not just because of the completely unacceptable insinuation concerning the game's refereeing, but also his behaviour in the game, the pushing Neuer to the ground off the ball which could also have been a red, the diving and constant moaning).

It's pathetic from the German BVB supporters and other German anti-Bayern fans (i.e. everyone), who really have been aware of who Zwayer is for years and never did or say much of anything about it, especially when he was hurting Bayern, or Leipzig for that matter. In Germany, the Zwayer case is well known but noone did bother very much. They use it now only to play the victim and peddle a completely counterfactual conspiracy narrative. Because at the end of the day, you can say lazy, unaccountable, unreasonable shit against Bayern and everyone will nod approvingly.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool

I think it's pretty obvious what his next club will be.

He's off to Aston Villa.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I'm not too shocked that a teenager may not have the best knowledge of footballers from before his time.
Might not be a case of missing knowledge, preferred style of play might also be a point. I think Bellingham is closer to Gerrard than to Scholes in that regard.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He probably never saw Zidane play and only saw Gerrard in his twilight. That's how young this guy is.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Who even are the midfield maestros his age group saw growing up? Kroos, Modric?

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He probably never saw Zidane play and only saw Gerrard in his twilight. That's how young this guy is.
Are you kidding me? He was playing at the world cup 2006, that was only.....Oh, I see...

:(

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Gerrard up there Zidane. :houllier:

You know you're getting old when you're astounded by the idiocy of youngsters.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Gerrard up there Zidane. :houllier:

You know you're getting old when you're astounded by the idiocy of youngsters.
Its "Zidane up there with Gerrard". So Gerrard is the benchmark.

Canagel

Who even are the midfield maestros his age group saw growing up? Kroos, Modric?
He would have seen Xavi and Iniesta play and probably everyone that played in the 2010 decade but not anything before it. I'm not that much older myself and only remember Zidane from the 2006 WC so there is no way a 18 year old teenager could have watched him or players like Gerrard and Lampard in their prime.

LuckyScout78

This boy is what United really needed. Tried really hard last time. Correctly. Shall try hard again. Never and dont give up.

I think to achieve something better. You have to let go something really good and have really high max level. But not conistently. Its Pobga. Last half years in contract again. If United can get Jude Bellingham and Pobga join PSG and Messi. I think it will both benefit United and Pobga.

After Paul Scholes. United got Pobga to fill that big hole Scholes left. The consistent creative and mind of team. The one the dictate and control the game and ball. We have seen many glimpses of Pobga max level and brilliant. But not consist enough to help United to become a conist and dominate top premier league team.

And i think United will find it really difficult to beat City and Liverpool in the next 1-2 years. Never say never. But Jude Bellingham is for the long time goals. Premier league title and the dominate teams after City and Liverpool golden era. Compare to Pobga age.

All i can say an in short sentence. Jude Bellingham has everything to reach the highest level of a creative top nr.8 in the future.
Bellingham has the speed and acceleration in the first metre to pass players with the ball. Beside passing and scoring ability. Plus the drive, engine, guts and figthing spirit.

Save money for the boy in the summer. After two years with Dortmun and Bundesliga. Its time to join the toughess challenge and best league in the world = Premier league.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
This boy is what United really needed. Tried really hard last time. Correctly. Shall try hard again. Never and dont give up.

I think to achieve something better. You have to let go something really good and have really high max level. But not conistently. Its Pobga. Last half years in contract again. If United can get Jude Bellingham and Pobga join PSG and Messi. I think it will both benefit United and Pobga.

After Paul Scholes. United got Pobga to fill that big hole Scholes left. The consistent creative and mind of team. The one the dictate and control the game and ball. We have seen many glimpses of Pobga max level and brilliant. But not consist enough to help United to become a conist and dominate top premier league team.

And i think United will find it really difficult to beat City and Liverpool in the next 1-2 years. Never say never. But Jude Bellingham is for the long time goals. Premier league title and the dominate teams after City and Liverpool golden era. Compare to Pobga age.

All i can say an in short sentence. Jude Bellingham has everything to reach the highest level of a creative top nr.8 in the future.
Bellingham has the speed and acceleration in the first metre to pass players with the ball. Beside passing and scoring ability. Plus the drive, engine, guts and figthing spirit.

Save money for the boy in the summer. After two years with Dortmun and Bundesliga. Its time to join the toughess challenge and best league in the world = Premier league.
in the current squad and the way United play I think Bellingham would be a disaster for both United and his own development if he moved this summer, watching him regularly in the Bundesliga and he still has big flaws in his game (missplacing passes in own half being the biggest), he'd be fine in a well drilled and coached team but they would be exposed if he came to United on a huge transfer fee and the expectations that come with it.

Chief123

He would have seen Xavi and Iniesta play and probably everyone that played in the 2010 decade but not anything before it. I'm not that much older myself and only remember Zidane from the 2006 WC so there is no way a 18 year old teenager could have watched him or players like Gerrard and Lampard in their prime.
It’s crazy to think he was even too young to have seen Wayne Rooney ripping it up in the Euros!

The Caff Spraff

i agree that Bellingham is a player United need and must buy! He is an unbelievable talent and will only progress. But in all honesty I don’t see Dortmund selling haaland and Bellingham in the same window. And secondly, there is no way he will join us in the mess we are currently. If We want to sign a player of this calibre we have a lot to work out in the next 16-18months. For me, with the state we are in and our disfunctional board…. This lad will be nothing but a United pipe dream

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Wouldn't it be nice if an English player makes a career for himself abroad instead of defaulting back to the PL?

In hindsight Sancho should have probably done that and Bellingham outgrowing Dortmund would probably neatly coincide with Madrid needing serious CM reinforcements.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I love that he'd be our prime target for midfield but I have massive doubts he'd join us and it's surely out of the question if we don't get Champions League football.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Bellingham is clearly a top talent. However, we must have the worst scouting department on earth if we can only identify £100m players for our problem areas.

Dortmund are probably going to lose Haaland this summer, will they let Bellingham go too? If so, how much will it cost us?

Looking at the way we 'identify' players I don't know why we employ so many scouts. You could find our main targets just by watching football on TV.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
feels like deja vu for Sancho transfer for the last 2 year. The next big thing that can solve the problem for the postion. He is what is needed in that area. I personally will take Tielemans over him any day.

sp_107

I think better we dont chase players like Mbappe / haaland / Bellingham for few windows as i dont think they prefer to come to us at this moment plus we need more grounded players willing to work hard for the team (I am not saying Bellingham is not a hard working player but the attention he gets at UTD can hinder his improvement just like what is happening to SANCHO now)

Once we have a balanced / functional working squad then we can lo0k at adding few super stars to the team

We have half a dozen players (Mata/Jesse/Pogba/Matic/Cavani/Grant) whose contracts are coming to an end so we can wave them a good bye

Next lot are (Matic/Perrera/Donny/Martial/Baily/Dalot/Axel/Jones) another 8 players not contributing much are surplus so we can sell/release them too and earn some good money (100+ for sure)

so we can look at bringing in 5/6 quality players for around 200M who can improve us as a start, This will be my blueprint along with bringing in Tenhag /if not Pochenteno

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
He would cost what, about 70 million. I think we have to get out of paying big bucks for players unless they are banging in 25 goals a season.