Jude Bellingham | Borussia Dortmund player...

Siezard

My apology.

Jude is certainly a very attractive player to get. Now that he has incurred the wrath of the German league, it is time to bring him to England. Here comes City and Chelsea.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
i told you....this kid just fvked himself and the germans are going to come after him

that comment is going to cost him a lot of money and some matches
We will see... as these are criminal charges they could backfire massively against the DFB. "kicker" magazine already had an attourney interviewed who said something along the lines "not illegal at all, just bad taste, but allowed as expressing your opinion". The DFB had a lot of troubles during the last years, tax investigators etc raided their offices multiple times, so it's not like the DFB should expect to be backed by a state judge.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Germans don't feck about

Apparently only the alleged victim of defamation can start criminal proceedings, it's not as severe a crime that you can argue it would be in the public interest to investigate it out of public interest. And DFB has already said that this wasn't sanctioned by them anyway. It's just some low level guy seeking attention, he already milked it for an interview with a newspaper. They have opened their own disciplinary proceedings of course.

Siezard

Time to buy Jude on the cheap before the start of next season. If you don't buy, the other premier League clubs will.

prateik

He very clearly said the ref had been found guilty of match fixing, which he wasnt.. and heavily implied that he had fixed yesterday's game.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
He very clearly said the ref had been found guilty of match fixing, which he wasnt.. and heavily implied that he had fixed yesterday's game.
It's a fact that Zwayer took part in match fixing back in 2004.

Kostov

He had similar in the City CL game too. I mean in both cases there is clearly contentious decisions, but he’s slowly building a bit of a rep as a crybaby/sore loser. Indulging in injustices isn’t quite a trait you want if you want to be one of the very best players.
I'd rather see our players do that more often, rather than being as nice as they are most of the times to be fair.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Do we know was the bribe was for?

I might be being really dumb but surely there's only one reason to bribe a football ref?
From Wikipedia:

He supposedly didn't make bought calls during that match and he eventually was one of three (!) refs who informed on Hoyzer (six months later!), so they let him off the hook.

His former colleague, Manuel Gräfe, once said: "Someone who once took Hoyzer's money and stayed silent on his match fixing for half a year shouldn't officiate professional football."

Last edited:

Devil may care

So the dude took a bribe but didn't fix the match back in 2004 and the people who gave him the money for said task were ok with this? Anyway feck him, lets get Bellingham outta there and into United, Fletcher fuel up the plane, Ralph prepare the extraction team!

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
So the dude took a bribe but didn't fix the match back in 2004 and the people who gave him the money for said task were ok with this? Anyway feck him, lets get Bellingham outta there and into United, Fletcher fuel up the plane, Ralph prepare the extraction team!
He was the linesman and got his money from the main referee Robert Hoyzer. He was obviously ok with Zwayer just keeping his mouth shut when he made a wrong call. In the end nothing happened that could be seen as a bought decision by Zwayer.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
The main ref, Robert Hoyzer, was the one involved with organized match fixing. Zwayer, as the linesman in that match, was more of a subcontractor to Hoyzer, as insurance.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
The main ref, Robert Hoyzer, was the one involved with organized match fixing. Zwayer, as the linesman in that match, was more of a subcontractor to Hoyzer, as insurance.
I'm still amazed that stuff like this actually works out. I mean, Zwayer received €300. That's by no means a sum I'd risk my career for. In the end there's so much money involved, so many people who have to be bribed and so much public attention..

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Be it as it may, he should not have been allowed to referee anymore (it's really the least you can expect when a referee is actually proven to be corrupt), and his meteoric career is even weirder, given he's not particularly good.

Obviously, actually believing he's now, 15 years later, out there 'fixing' Bundesliga matches between Bayern and BVB is completely bonkers and insinuating it publicly is an unacceptable thing for a player to do. Goes without saying, any player doing that in any league would get some sort of fine or ban.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
I'm still amazed that stuff like this actually works out. I mean, Zwayer received €300. That's by no means a sum I'd risk my career for. In the end there's so much money involved, so many people who have to be bribed and so much public attention..
Referees, like politicians, get far too little money compared to the financial forces of the football world in which they play a crucial role. Even the high profile ones, what do they get? The proportion to what players, agents are earning and more crucially betting companies are bringing in is completely off.
Also, we're talking about Regionalliga here, not sure how much a linesman would get for a game 20 years ago.

But yeah, the good old days when a flat screen TV was considered a rare, valuable good which could be used to bribe referees, or local bank directors :lol:

UncleBob

Referees, like politicians, get far too little money compared to the financial forces of the football world in which they play a crucial role. Even the high profile ones, what do they get? The proportion to what players, agents are earning and more crucially betting companies are bringing in is completely off.
:lol:

UncleBob

So he was just a corrupt official, not the corrupt official

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
So he was just a corrupt official, not the corrupt official
Yes. Which probably helped him out a ton when it came to criminal proceedings. But I don't think the association should make any kind of distinction: match fixing is such a vicious blow to the integrity of the game, that if you're in any way part of it or covered it up, then you shouldn't be allowed to officiate professional matches anymore. And Zwayer definitely falls into that category.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
No problem. The notion that politicians aren’t paid enough, mint
If I compare what a CEO makes to what - for example - Germany‘s „CEO“ (aka chancellor) makes then the politician is definitely not overpaid.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Also, we're talking about Regionalliga here, not sure how much a linesman would get for a game 20 years ago.

But yeah, the good old days when a flat screen TV was considered a rare, valuable good which could be used to bribe referees, or local bank directors :lol:
Used to think that way, too, but not too sure anymore. Even referees in the second division earn more from refereeing than from their regular jobs, even if they already are among the wealthier membes of society. Of course the difference between them and the top earners in football is gigantic but then again referees aren't exactly the ones attracting audiences and in the end, that's why players can demand so much. At the very least, it should be enough to not be tempted by bribes, especially if you consider how closely they are monitored etc. I mean, bribing somebody who is most likely already among the wealthiest 5% in Germany isn't exactly an easy task. If you're that comfortable, you don't want to get into organized crime and risk not only losing your wealth but also your freedom and health - especially if you couldn't even spend the money you're offered on a higher standard of living because that would raise immediate suspicisions by the public and monitoring institutions.

I think we better skip the political excourse even though it's a very interesting question as well.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
From Wikipedia:

He supposedly didn't make bought calls during that match and he eventually was one of three (!) refs who informed on Hoyzer (six months later!), so they let him off the hook.

His former colleague, Manuel Gräfe, once said: "Someone who once took Hoyzer's money and stayed silent on his match fixing for half a year shouldn't officiate professional football."
No, he shouldn't. That's outrageous.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
In such a big game to get two huge calls so badly wrong like that will always bring up conspiracy theories. Personally I think it's just that some officials are useless and other even more useless.

Dortmund definitely have a right to feel hard done by.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I really enjoyed that interview he did. Honest.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
In such a big game to get two huge calls so badly wrong like that will always bring up conspiracy theories. Personally I think it's just that some officials are useless and other even more useless.

Dortmund definitely have a right to feel hard done by.
The calls weren't wrong. Both calls were right.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Embarrassing interview. Unprofessional and deserves suspension.

Plenty of time to grow up.

mu4c_20le

I'd rather see our players do that more often, rather than being as nice as they are most of the times to be fair.
Exactly. I'm sick of our players just taking it, it creates a passive mentality. Not to mention a reputation over time that our players can just be walked over , because our captain doesn't do or say anything either.