Film Jurassic World

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I feel like I just watched the whole film with that trailer.

Also the dialogue seems awful. I reckon it's going to be crap but I love Jurassic Park so I'll still watch it.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I'm a huge fan of Jurassic park but that Looks pretty bad

Raptors should never be "tamed" the thing that made them so good in the first place was they were smart, ruthless, stealthy, tactical killing machines. The idea that they become like pets is just complete nonsense. Hopefully there's a part in it where they go absolutely apeshit and go back to being how they were in previous movies.

It's not the most important thing but I'm also not liking it graphically one of the things I enjoyed about previous Jurassic park films especially the very first one is how realistic the dinosaurs look they look so believable, the new ones in this film just look too cartoonish

Hell I'll still watch it because I'm a fan of the franchise but I'm preparing myself for a disappointment.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I'm a huge fan of Jurassic park but that Looks pretty bad

Raptors should never be "tamed" the thing that made them so good in the first place was they were smart, ruthless, stealthy, tactical killing machines. The idea that they become like pets is just complete nonsense. Hopefully there's a part in it where they go absolutely apeshit and go back to being how they were in previous movies.

It's not the most important thing but I'm also not liking it graphically one of the things I enjoyed about previous Jurassic park films especially the very first one is how realistic the dinosaurs look they look so believable, the new ones in this film just look too cartoonish

Hell I'll still watch it because I'm a fan of the franchise but I'm preparing myself for a disappointment.
Yeah the dinosaurs in the older films looked more realistic than those.

Dion

There better be a T-Rex.
This is what I don't get, people seem to be complaining they've spoiled the film by showing the I-Rex. The star of the show from the first two films? We've only seen 2 tiny snippets of him, Rexy is still going to be the main attraction :cool:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
There are films that are so bad they're good.

From the look of that trailer this won't be one of them. It'll just be bad.

Duffy

Who needs races when you're racist?
Fecking hell people can't wait to see this but the Batman vs Superman thread has more pissing and moaning than one of these election debates.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
Just watched all 3 JP films in the weekend. I was surprised at much I still love the first (the first shot of dinosaurs holds up very well), but man the characters in the second one pissed me off.

This one should be fine, stoked to see Bryce Dallas Howard in something big, she's great.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
This clip makes me much more hopeful for the film, class dialogue and the main character seems really likeable

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Still looks shit, and that is not class dialogue. The whole film looks like a Bert Macklin fantasy.

Also looks way too focused on action and explosions rather than the tension and scary moments the first two films brought.

Shamwow

Still looks shit, and that is not class dialogue. The whole film looks like a Bert Macklin fantasy.

Also looks way too focused on action and explosions rather than the tension and scary moments the first two films brought.
The use of metaphor is really impressive if you ask me. I know that kind of artsy fartsy stuff isn't everyone's cup of tea, especially in an action film but I appreciate it when they put care into making sure the dialogue isn't cliched and stuff.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout

Hard to say based on a trailer though, the trailer isn't necessarily going to represent what the film will turn out to be but just try to get viewers into the theatres. Have faith, young one.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I just saw the film in two minutes. Good job in keeping up the suspense.

Edgio

:lol:

A man can dream, can't he?
Better than that. He can dream of a talking velociraptor sat on a plane shouting his name

I can't believe what this franchise has turned into following the first (good) film. Absolutely bizarre!

Shamwow

I just saw the film in two minutes. Good job in keeping up the suspense.
Especially when the director says this:

"That’s the thing about leaks, sometimes they aren’t misinterpreted or false. They’re real story elements that the filmmakers were hoping to introduce to the audience in a darkened movie theater. But unfortunately, in 2014, you read about it on a computer. Last week was discouraging for everyone on our crew–not because we want to hide things from the fans, but because we’re working so hard to create something full of surprises. When I was a kid, you got to discover everything at once, it washed over you and blew your mind. Now it only takes one person to spoil it for everyone else. I hope whoever leaked it is actively trying to undermine what we’re doing. Because if they’re trying to help, they’re doing it wrong."

JackXX

I think it looks great. Jurassic Park has never been realistic so I don't mind the idea of some tame raptors.

Sweet Square

Watched Safety Not Guaranteed last night which was great(Really worth checking out). But notice it was directed by Colin Trevorrow who's now the director of this film, so while the trailers are pretty weak,still think there's could be hope that it might be ok or maybe even better.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Thats what I was thinking. Over the top action should take a back seat for large parts of it. I also like the exploratory aspects where they stumble across interesting stuff. They could make the whole movie like that for me.

Still want to watch it though.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
So, that hybrid dinosaur leads the revolution against human scum?

"Killing for sport". So wrong, Pratt. Punishment for herbivore collaborators.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
They're already showing way too much of the "new" dinosaur. I know the genie's out of the bottle so to speak, and you're never going to work up as much mystery with your 4th sequel, but I already get the feeling it's gone. Seeing the new thing in action was the one card they hard, and it's already meh.

I stumbled across the original JP trailer a few days ago, and it's interesting how little of anything they actually showed. This isn't a teaser either, it's a full, near 3 minute trailer, and they show basically nothing. Essentially the least they could get away with. Now, it's the most.

Last edited:

Nickosaur

^I agree Mockney, but this is a trait of most trailers for major releases now. There are exceptions of course (remember those early Interstellar trailers which gave nothing away but still made you excited as feck to know more about it...)

I think showing this bastard dinosaur in so much detail already takes the piss though.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
They're already showing way too much of the "new" dinosaur. I know the genie's out of the bottle so to speak, and you're never going to work up as much mystery with your 4th sequel, but I already get the feeling it's gone. Seeing the new thing in action was the one card they hard, and it's already meh.

I stumbled across the original JP trailer a few days ago, and it's interesting how little of anything they actually showed. This isn't a teaser either, it's a full, near 3 minute trailer, and they show basically nothing. Essentially the least they could get away with. Now, it's the most.

Isn't there a ridiculously low amount of dinosaur screen time in the original Jurassic Park? That may be a reasoning for the lack of dinosaur in the trailer.

As for Jurassic World, I don't want to watch the new snippet as I definitely feel I've seen enough. We are getting to see an awful lot of the new dinosaur, can't help but feel the T-Rex will play an integral part, we've seen next to nothing of her so far...

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Isn't there a ridiculously low amount of dinosaur screen time in the original Jurassic Park? That may be a reasoning for the lack of dinosaur in the trailer.

As for Jurassic World, I don't want to watch the new snippet as I definitely feel I've seen enough. We are getting to see an awful lot of the new dinosaur, can't help but feel the T-Rex will play an integral part, we've seen next to nothing of her so far...
There's still quite a bit of dinosaur action. And compare it with the trailer for the 3D re-release.

As @Nickosaur says, it's more a problem with modern trailers, but I actually think the first trailer (for World) did it quite well. The dialogue was hammy, but it was still intriguing, whilst holding enough back.