Just how good is this Liverpool team?

Marching

Somehow still supports Leeds
Danny_ said:
True, but by reporting people that you didn't like or who took the piss out of you, you could be pretty certain that they would be banned. Hell, we even have our banning symbol named after you at Talklfc so I know that it isn't just me. There are about 100 other people who also feel they were unjustly banned and that you were the one responsible. But this is silly. All this happened about three or four years ago or something.

:lol:

Danny_

The Albert Einstein of Economics
Look, just forget about it. I'm glad I'm not at KT anymore. It's a crap site anyway.

Los Rojos

Gobbledygook from the plastic spastic
Danny_ said:
True, but by reporting people that you didn't like or who took the piss out of you, you could be pretty certain that they would be banned. Hell, we even have our banning symbol named after you at Talklfc so I know that it isn't just me. There are about 100 other people who also feel they were unjustly banned and that you were the one responsible. But this is silly. All this happened about three or four years ago or something.
Danny, it's not the time or the place to discuss what happened way back when mate. Things happened, you just get on with it. I'm sure that both parties have more or less forgotten about it now and probably couldn't care less.

Syd, I'd probably ignore most of what's been posted.

Marching

Los Rojos said:
Danny, it's not the time or the place to discuss what happened way back when mate. Things happened, you just get on with it. I'm sure that both parties have more or less forgotten about it now and probably couldn't care less.

Syd, I'd probably ignore most of what's been posted.

What happened LR and why would anyone take the piss out of Syd?

Los Rojos

Marching said:
What happened LR and why would anyone take the piss out of Syd?
Honestly?

As far as I know, the editor of KT posted an article, which apparently had a few comments in it that were seen as racist by one or two (literally one or two) members on the site. One of the members challenged him about it and was promptly banned. The thing is, he was discussing it on another site with someone else. Another member questioned the banning and was banned himself, along with one or two others, for no reason at all.

Two of the banned members then set up Talklfc, which attracted alot of it's posters straight from KT as they were good friends, online. Initially there was quite an amount of bitching and laughing about it, which has steadily declined and has virtually disappeared.

With regards to Syd, and pardon me for speaking as I do, he was seen by a few ex-KT members as aloof and arrogant, even power-crazy. As a few others on KT were. I'm not sure wether that still applies as it's nearly 2 years ago now, but I would doubt either parties give a shit. Really.

Marching

Los Rojos said:
Honestly?

As far as I know, the editor of KT posted an article, which apparently had a few comments in it that were seen as racist by one or two (literally one or two) members on the site. One of the members challenged him about it and was promptly banned. The thing is, he was discussing it on another site with someone else. Another member questioned the banning and was banned himself, along with one or two others, for no reason at all.

Two of the banned members then set up Talklfc, which attracted alot of it's posters straight from KT as they were good friends, online. Initially there was quite an amount of bitching and laughing about it, which has steadily declined and has virtually disappeared.

With regards to Syd, and pardon me for speaking as I do, he was seen by a few ex-KT members as aloof and arrogant, even power-crazy. As a few others on KT were. I'm not sure wether that still applies as it's nearly 2 years ago now, but I would doubt either parties give a shit. Really.
Thanks and from what I have seen on KT some still think of Syd the way you mentioned.

Enjoying your lofty 2nd spot? Great run to get there.

Warrington

In need of a new contact after Carra let me down.
Los Rojos said:
Honestly?

There was a fella there called Rashid who used to be the owners mate or something but he has since disappeared from there. He used to be power crazy and also the guy who used to choose the moderators on there, I applied once and was told to feck off.

Warrington

Marching said:
Is that said with the Newcastle, Manchester United or Leeds hat on?

Marching

Warrington said:
Is that said with the Newcastle, Manchester United or Leeds hat on?
Said as a football fan.

Can't argue with it.

Los Rojos

Marching said:
Thanks and from what I have seen on KT some still think of Syd the way you mentioned.

I don't think Syd is that bad personally, I saw little of him before the acrimonious split from KT as I was only a snot-nosed newbie when all this took place, what I've seen on KT doesn't really strike me as how others think if I'm honest. he has his moments on here, but I'm not surprised with some of the shite aimed in the direction of Liverpool fans on here.

As for the league, I'm absolutely made up, we're there on merit and we're flying. Granted, and as has been pointed out, we've played barely anyone of note, but still, winning breeds confidence and you can only beat what is in front of you. From back to front the team is oozing confidence and the defence looks imperious. A few new players in January to supplement what we have, and we might just have a serious challenge to Chelsea on, and hopefully match United and Arsenal for second place.

Marching

Los Rojos said:
As for the league, I'm absolutely made up, we're there on merit and we're flying. Granted, and as has been pointed out, we've played barely anyone of note, but still, winning breeds confidence and you can only beat what is in front of you. From back to front the team is oozing confidence and the defence looks imperious. A few new players in January to supplement what we have, and we might just have a serious challenge to Chelsea on, and hopefully match United and Arsenal for second place.

You can only beat what's put in fron of you and it's important to do so.

I think it's a bonus to get to 2nd with the Jan transfer window so close...some good signings will boost cover that's needed when the injuries kick in as they surely will at some point.

Just need Crouch to score a few eh? ;)

Davo

We've no need to fear Arsenal or you cnuts anymore....given Rafa's only been here a season and a bit, that's fantastic progress.

We're looking very good at the moment, the defence has been almost immaculate of late, and our midfield is superb. The goals are coming now an all, and some of our football is quality.

Have to see what happens when we get our next setback, and also the effect of this Japan trip. In one sense it makes for a nice break, in the other, it's bad timing given our form...and stops us putting any pressure on Chelsea.

Think most Reds would have been happy with 4th in the league this season, and a strong push for a trophy elsewhere....so looking very good

Los Rojos

Warrington said:
There was a fella there called Rashid who used to be the owners mate or something but he has since disappeared from there. He used to be power crazy and also the guy who used to choose the moderators on there, I applied once and was told to feck off.

I'm not so sure Rashid had that sort of influence, but I do remember him. He was a member of the anally retentive 'first team' forum where you needed about a squillion posts to be allowed to post. Everyone on there just seemed interested in arguing with each other.

The ressies (reserves) and the academy where the real heart of KT back then. Ahhh memories. I still hold a bit of a soft spot for that place, it introduced me to online football communities and a few people that I've gotten to know really well.

DJSpaz

Incredibly Stupid Bitter Biased Embarrassing Caf C
Like Nottingham Forest...you've won it two times..
Los Rojos said:
we've played barely anyone of note, but still, winning breeds confidence and you can only beat what is in front of you.
More to the point though, is that there are probably only 3 or 4 other teams of 'note', so unless you DO beat the others and take as many points as possible from the 'lesser' sides, you're not likely to be very successful.

Los Rojos

Marching said:
You can only beat what's put in fron of you and it's important to do so.

I think it's a bonus to get to 2nd with the Jan transfer window so close...some good signings will boost cover that's needed when the injuries kick in as they surely will at some point.

Just need Crouch to score a few eh? ;)
Yep, I certainly agree with the first two points. As for Crouchy, he does need to chip in with his fair share, but I'm not so sure it's important he's set a target as he's obviously not an out and out striker. He offers alot more to the side than just scoring goals, we look a better side when he's in it, and his ability to bring others into play is absolutely invaluable.

Los Rojos

DJS said:
More to the point though, is that there are probably only 3 or 4 other teams of 'note', so unless you DO beat the others and take as many points as possible from the 'lesser' sides, you're not likely to be very successful.
A fair point DJS, and something I've mentioned myself on here. It would be nice to chuck a few victories in against sides with real designs on getting into Europe and such like though.

Warrington

Los Rojos said:
I'm not so sure Rashid had that sort of influence, but I do remember him. He was a member of the anally retentive 'first team' forum where you needed about a squillion posts to be allowed to post. Everyone on there just seemed interested in arguing with each other.
No mate, I remember clearly, he was the main man on there and a real wanker to boot. Maybe DJS can confirm?

DJSpaz

Incredibly Stupid Bitter Biased Embarrassing Caf C
Like Nottingham Forest...you've won it two times..
Los Rojos said:
A fair point DJS, and something I've mentioned myself on here. It would be nice to chuck a few victories in against sides with real designs on getting into Europe and such like though.
Of course it'd be nice, but if you break it down to simple maths...take out Chelsea, Arsenal and the scum...that leaves 16 other opponents.

4 points off each = 64 points, which should be enough for a top 4 finish at least.

Not saying we'd only get 4 points off the others, or that we'll get 4 off all of them obviously. Neither am i saying we cant/wont/dont want to get any off the top 3.

The basic point is that since games against United, Chelsea and Arsenal can only yield a maximum of 18 points, it's essential that we put away the 'lesser' sides on a regular basis, to enable us to amass a decent final tally.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Warrington said:
No mate, I remember clearly, he was the main man on there and a real wanker to boot. Maybe DJS can confirm?
Rashid was of the anti-Houllier brigade(mee too),and of the pro-Robbie Fowler-anti Heskey(mee too) side.He took a lot of abuse for that.I thought he was one of the more colorful figures on that site.

Los Rojos

njred said:
Rashid was of the anti-Houllier brigade(mee too),and of the pro-Robbie Fowler-anti Heskey(mee too) side.He took a lot of abuse for that.I thought he was one of the more colorful figures on that site.
Why anyone needs to be anti or pro anyone is beyond me. You should want the best for the football club, and that means giving everyone at the club your support. I backed Houllier until the day he left the club, and the same for Emile.

Didn't realise you were from KT fella, were you njred way back then or not?

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
In the begining(time), God created the Heavens(spa
DJS said:
Of course it'd be nice, but if you break it down to simple maths...take out Chelsea, Arsenal and the scum...that leaves 16 other opponents.

4 points off each = 64 points, which should be enough for a top 4 finish at least.

Not saying we'd only get 4 points off the others, or that we'll get 4 off all of them obviously. Neither am i saying we cant/wont/dont want to get any off the top 3.

The basic point is that since games against United, Chelsea and Arsenal can only yield a maximum of 18 points, it's essential that we put away the 'lesser' sides on a regular basis, to enable us to amass a decent final tally.
4 points? or was that pints?

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Los Rojos said:
Why anyone needs to be anti or pro anyone is beyond me. You should want the best for the football club, and that means giving everyone at the club your support. I backed Houllier until the day he left the club, and the same for Emile.

Didn't realise you were from KT fella, were you njred way back then or not?
Im not lying when I say,I don't remember - was like-4 yrs ago.It used to be a great site,then it changed servers or summat like that.Took off to YAWN and that was that.As far as Anti- Houllier,it was more of disagreeing with his decisions...and then gettin in arguments over it.Folwer on the other hand caused riots on that site,so much emotions running over the top when he was being forced out.

Raconteur

I think that they are very, very close to being a #2, as much as I hate to admit it. All that is missing is a world-class strikeforce for me. I think that would put them over the #2 mark and on their way to the #3.

Shah786

Pain in the arse
Los Rojos said:
The ressies (reserves) and the academy where the real heart of KT back then. Ahhh memories. I still hold a bit of a soft spot for that place, it introduced me to online football communities and a few people that I've gotten to know really well.
I know mate, that was cos I used to mod it ;)

Well gutted when they merged

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
Los Rojos said:
I'm not sure about a world class striker, but having a striker on the books that will tuck them away should the opportunity arise would be good. I actually think we have the quality here already, but they're struggling at the minute.

We do need a right sided player, and definitely another centre half - and I would also add a left back to that. None of the three on the books convince me defensively, and it's difficult saying that Traore is the best of the three. Unfortunately, it's true though. Unless one of them can come to the fore, and soon, I would like to see us bring another player in who could play in that position.
I think if Cisse's attitude and work rate don't improve that Rafa will ship him out and look to bring in a forward with pace and a finish about him. Maybe someone like Saviola. Im not sure if he'd come to us though. I think Sami is great at the back with Carra but he can be exposed by pace and a new centre back should be brought in or through the youths for experience and to play the games that sami cant. I think Riise has done well at left back but sometimes he looks at sea. The fact that we even mention Traore in this position suggests that we need cover there. I think the current side is doing excellent but the strength and depth of the side needs improving.

Looking Busy

Liverpool have surprised me somewhat this season. Especially given the start they had.
Fair play to them they are on a real run of form right now. They like all of the other challengers need to fill some gaps especially when you get outside the starting 11.
As Davo said the Japan trip may have come at the wrong time, but we won't know until the New Year, the other thing that may go against them is the early start to the season. Liverpool like us are relying on 2 or 3 players staying fit. Injuries at this time last season cost them 4th place. It remains to be seen if those key players can stay clear of injuries

michael owen's mum

Davo said:
Cisse's as good as gone....if not in Jan then in the summer
yeah he's out. no question. rafa won't tolerate any players who don't play for the team, which is why i don't see him going for an owen etc, a penalty box poacher who does little else. morientes will get 15 this season, crouch a dozen, garcia a dozen or more, and the likes of gerrard and riise will chip in with a few.

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
Looking Busy said:
Liverpool have surprised me somewhat this season. Especially given the start they had.
Fair play to them they are on a real run of form right now. They like all of the other challengers need to fill some gaps especially when you get outside the starting 11.
As Davo said the Japan trip may have come at the wrong time, but we won't know until the New Year, the other thing that may go against them is the early start to the season. Liverpool like us are relying on 2 or 3 players staying fit. Injuries at this time last season cost them 4th place. It remains to be seen if those key players can stay clear of injuries
Agreed. Our season started in July and with a lot of games to play yet with a relatively small squad we may struggle with fitness in a few months. That said rafa has shown hes not afraid to rotate players in the team which could bode well for us.