Film Justice League

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I’m hoping I’m wrong, but I really expect this to be an underwhelming 4 hour clusterfeck.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Wait they’re just releasing a 4 hour movie? :lol: they’re a rotten bunch.

Balljy

I think this will be OKish. They still have no idea how to handle the universe though and the fact that they're releasing this outside of DCCU makes it even more confusing.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
I’m hoping I’m wrong, but I really expect this to be an underwhelming 4 hour clusterfeck.
Can't be worse than the Whedon version at least :lol:

I think this will be OKish. They still have no idea how to handle the universe though and the fact that they're releasing this outside of DCCU makes it even more confusing.
If it is a success they might just use this version as being in the DCEU in place of the previous version, as the story most likely won't affect anything that came after it.

Hoof the ball

"I just feel like I didn't get to see out my vision for the movie. Just give me four hours running time and I promise I'll make something memorable"

Is like going out on a date, realising she's not into you and then pleading with her to give you a few more hours so she can see the real you.

Balljy

Can't be worse than the Whedon version at least :lol:

If it is a success they might just use this version as being in the DCEU in place of the previous version, as the story most likely won't affect anything that came after it.
So we'll have a new movie replacing a previously canon movie with characters which replace previous and new characters which may or may not replace existing characters in the DC universe. We also may or may not have a new superman and have a movie coming which has multiple batman's. None of which have been truly established. Got it.

If it doesn't affect anything afterwards it's even worse as what direction are they heading?

Agreed that this sounds better than the original though :lol:

Hoof the ball

Why is introducing a black superman in any way a problem apart from the mess of the DCEU?
It's not a problem.

Speaking to a number of comic fans of mine that are black, their perspective is that they would much prefer to develop original black character's that are more interesting and more representative of their identity and background.

Balljy

It's not a problem.

Speaking to a number of comic fans of mine that are black, their perspective is that they would much prefer to develop original black character's that are more interesting and more representative of their identity and background.
Agreed, but any character can be represented by anyone who fits the role. There aren't really more interesting characters than superheroes where you can play them to extremes and play the role to whatever you want in terms of background.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
It's not a problem.

True but I think changing a character everyone knows into something different can also give you different ideas to play off. I would think there are creative things you can do with the Superman character that you can't with original characters as you don't have audience expectations and an established mythology to play with.

AaronRedDevil

Why is introducing a black superman in any way a problem apart from the mess of the DCEU?
Same reason why I don't want an american James Bond. I like the source meterial to be respected, this is just pathetic pandering. If skin colour is what they are doing to try and sell the movie, it will always fail. Just like how I don't want a male Tomb Raider. Larry Croft.

Balljy

Same reason why I don't want an american James Bond. I like the source meterial to be respected, this is just pathetic pandering. If skin colour is what they are doing to try and sell the movie, it will always fail. Just like how I don't want a male Tomb Raider. Larry Croft.
We're not going to agree, but I'll assume that they've picked the best actor for the role rather than worry about what they look like.

Why do you assume they've picked the actor because of skin colour?

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
How would they be changing the character though? Like would it be a Jane Foster becoming Thor, or Miles Morales becoming Spiderman then that's fair game.

Think DC doing standalones along with DCEU is a terrible idea and will be confusing for viewers. To this day the average viewer doesn't understand the MCU was different to X-Men/Amazing Spidermen, because despite being from completely different studios and having nothing to do with one another, they were all marvel.

From my understanding this would be the same studio doing the standalones and the universe? Just leave it behind and stick to standalone stories.

AaronRedDevil

We're not going to agree, but I'll assume that they've picked the best actor for the role rather than worry about what they look like.

Because that's all Hollywood seem to be doing these days in every movie. Should make Black panther a white guy and see how they react.

lsd

The Oracle
Are people annoyed a fictional character can be played by a black person?

0le

You cannot honestly be that naïve. Do you think Gal Gadot got the role of Wonder Woman for her acting skills? :D

0le

Are people annoyed a fictional character can be played by a black person?
I wonder if you would say the same thing if Black Panther was portrayed by a white dude. Probably not.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
So we'll have a new movie replacing a previously canon movie with characters which replace previous and new characters which may or may not replace existing characters in the DC universe. We also may or may not have a new superman and have a movie coming which has multiple batman's. None of which have been truly established. Got it.

If it doesn't affect anything afterwards it's even worse as what direction are they heading?

Agreed that this sounds better than the original though :lol:
Most of the characters are the same, and new ones can just be included in new movies with reasons for not showing up since etc.

The new Superman movie is a standalone and not even related to the DCEU. The Flash Movie will have 2 versions of Batman, the one from the DCEU which is Ben Affleck, and the other being Michael Keaton, as the Flash movie is bringing in parallel earths/the multiverse.

The new Batman movie is not DCEU related and is starring Robert Pattison.

Balljy

Most of the characters are the same, and new ones can just be included in new movies with reasons for not showing up since etc.

The new Superman movie is a standalone and not even related to the DCEU. The Flash Movie will have 2 versions of Batman, the one from the DCEU which is Ben Affleck, and the other being Michael Keaton, as the Flash movie is bringing in parallel earths/the multiverse.

The new Batman movie is not DCEU related and is starring Robert Pattison.
That's kind of my point. It's just confusing if you just watch the movies rather than are invested in the universe.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
"I just feel like I didn't get to see out my vision for the movie. Just give me four hours running time and I promise I'll make something memorable"

Is like going out on a date, realising she's not into you and then pleading with her to give you a few more hours so she can see the real you.
It has nothing to do with Snyder not being able to see out his vision for the movie, he didn't even direct/produce the original JL movie. Snyder's daughter died during production so he was no longer involved with the movie, thus Whedon was brought in and done all his own shoots and barely anything of Snyder's made it into the movie.

Balljy

You cannot honestly be that naïve. Do you think Gal Gadot got the role of Wonder Woman for her acting skills? :D
She's a great Wonder Woman in the first one though so however she was picked it worked. I'm not that naïve no, but couldn't care less what nationality the actor is if they fit the role well.

pascell

That's kind of my point. It's just confusing if you just watch the movies rather than are invested in the universe.
I'm the same with all these superhero movies, whether they're DC or Marvel. They're typically an easy watch as they're easy to follow but all this multiverse, DCEU etc talk goes way over my head.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
I'm the same with all these superhero movies, whether they're DC or Marvel. They're typically an easy watch as they're easy to follow but all this multiverse, DCEU etc talk goes way over my head.
The multiverse is a massive part of DC, and has been for years, mainly through the comics and some of the animated stuff.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Holy shit. There's going to be a lot of time where the villain stands around during the fights spilling out monologues to explain the story, isn't there?

I think it's great that Snyder has always had a clear vision for his two and a half hour long four hour long three hour long four hour long movie that has also changed aspect ratio a couple of times. Sure signs of someone who's confident of their work.

Hoof the ball

It has nothing to do with Snyder not being able to see out his vision for the movie, he didn't even direct/produce the original JL movie. Snyder's daughter died during production so he was no longer involved with the movie, thus Whedon was brought in and done all his own shoots and barely anything of Snyder's made it into the movie.
So his own vision for the movie was always a four hour production? or is the additional time as a consequence of working over Whedon's shoots?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Sweet Square

Hopefully it's going to be 4 hours of Oh you don't think comic book movies are art Mr Scorsese, well here's Joker Jesus! Synder has by blind luck managed to get millions of dollars to make a very niche **** movie. The Synder Cut will gives us the answer to the question - what would happen if you gave a 19 year old reddit poster who's very angry over the idea of a black James Bond or a male Tomb Raider(It's called Indiana Jones btw)unlimited resources.

It's going to be a terrible movie but a great piece of art.

Last edited:

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM

Suspect the story behind the re-cut will be more interesting than the re-cut itself but still, the story behind it is interesting. It's also hard to not have sympathy for Snyder generally given everything that happened around the making of the film.
This is genuinely sounding fascinating, and also completely nuts. With a big dollop of morbid curiosity, I’m actually now looking forward to it. But 4:3 - really?? That’s going to put half the audience off, immediately.

The Synder Cut will gives us the answer to the question - what would happen if you gave a 19 year old reddit poster who's very angry over the idea of a black James Bond or male a Tomb Raider(It's called Indiana Jones btw)unlimited resources.
:lol: