Film Justice League

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Im hoping its more than one person. Superman cos well, he needs to be part of it (and hopefully due to what happened at the end of BvS hes no longer a broody MFer and is much lighter now). And then of course somebody like GL.
Cavill's Superman is horribly written. He's literally as broody as Bats in the franchise right now when he's supposed to be the positive one in the comics.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Cavill's Superman is horribly written. He's literally as broody as Bats in the franchise right now when he's supposed to be the positive one in the comics.
Do you read the rebirth comics ? Superman (and his son) are really good. Full of positivity like you mentioned. I just don't get it why they felt the need to make him so serious.

Sylar

Especially as Luthor(jr) says Night vs Day in BvS but its really night vs ... later night.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Do you read the rebirth comics ? Superman (and his son) are really good. Full of positivity like you mentioned. I just don't get it why they felt the need to make him so serious.
At this point I think they were playing the long game and when Superman comes back he'll no longer be the angsty "where do I fit in?" alien but he'll become the symbol of hope for all humanity etc etc.

Also the person at the end of the trailer is clearly Super Greenman Lantern.

Sylar

At this point I think they were playing the long game and when Superman comes back he'll no longer be the angsty "where do I fit in?" alien but he'll become the symbol of hope for all humanity etc etc.
Hope so. Would be great to see a light positive superman who cares about people and the world and isnt brooding all the time.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Trailer was okay, hyped for this movie regardless. Like the lantern theories tho really wanna see them, and it done right.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
Pretty sure you can see a bit of red cape in that Alfred scene at the end so there's no question who it is.
It's not Superman, I really don't think so. Green Lantern hopefully. Superman will return in the film, but it'll be a total surprise to everyone in the film when it happens. Alfred specifically says 'you said you'd come' - now unless Superman called ahead or pinged him over an email to let him know he was on his way, then it wasn't Superman at the end of the trailer. It was someone Alfred had spoken to at some point in the film, I'm hoping GL, they referenced the Green Lanterns directly in the trailer and they're doing another GL movie.

Zarlak

Batman saying "Not enough" and Steppenwolf saying "No Lanterns" has got people talking about the Green Lantern inclusion. Whoever turns up at the end to see Alfred is supposed to have a green reflection in his glasses, but I can't see that myself, it's still most likely just Superman.
Not in his glasses, but in his whiskey glass.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
It's not Superman, I really don't think so. Green Lantern hopefully. Superman will return in the film, but it'll be a total surprise to everyone in the film when it happens. Alfred specifically says 'you said you'd come' - now unless Superman called ahead or pinged him over an email to let him know he was on his way, then it wasn't Superman at the end of the trailer. It was someone Alfred had spoken to at some point in the film, I'm hoping GL, they referenced the Green Lanterns directly in the trailer and they're doing another GL movie.
Would Alfred know about the Green Lanterns though in this DC Universe?

Zarlak

Would Alfred know about the Green Lanterns though in this DC Universe?
I don't see why not, none of them knew about anyone before Batman got the disk from Lex. Maybe there was another file on it somewhere with the lantern symbol. Maybe the league are out fighting and Batman leaves Alfred in charge of tracking down Hal Jordan/John Stewart. No idea, but the whole concept of Chekhovs gun should be ringing alarm bells as there's no need for Steppenwolf to reference the Green Lanterns if they're not a part of the movie or the universe. The whole point of the Green Lanterns is that each one has a sector to guard and so if they exist in this universe which they do as they've been directly mentioned then there's no fathomable reason why the one assigned Earth wouldn't show up to defend his home planet from an alien invasion. If they weren't going to be a part of the film then there'd be no reason for Steppenwolf to mention them surely. That's the first mention of the lanterns in the current DC Universe.

KM

I don't see why not, none of them knew about anyone before Batman got the disk from Lex. Maybe there was another file on it somewhere with the lantern symbol. Maybe the league are out fighting and Batman leaves Alfred in charge of tracking down Hal Jordan/John Stewart. No idea, but the whole concept of Chekhovs gun should be ringing alarm bells as there's no need for Steppenwolf to reference the Green Lanterns if they're not a part of the movie or the universe. The whole point of the Green Lanterns is that each one has a sector to guard and so if they exist in this universe which they do as they've been directly mentioned then there's no fathomable reason why the one assigned Earth wouldn't show up to defend his home planet from an alien invasion. If they weren't going to be a part of the film then there'd be no reason for Steppenwolf to mention them surely. That's the first mention of the lanterns in the current DC Universe.
Fair enough. I just looked at the screengrab again and you could see the red outline but there's also a green dot in Alfred's glasses.
Screengrab in the spoiler

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Exactly.

And he literally was the cause of the Kryptonian attack on Earth as well as the reason why Doomsday even existed, he literally has done nothing in the movie series so far except clear his own shit up.

How are the people on Earth missing him when they literally wouldn't need saving if Superman didn't exist.

Welsh Wonder

Didn't he say "he said you'd come"?

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
More excited for the Infinity War than Justice League. Cant get hyped for this. Except for Nolans' Batman trilogy, I am more of a Marvel fan than DC.

Last edited:

Welsh Wonder

I rewatched it about 7 times and heard 'you said' rather than 'he said' more. Even if he did say 'you'd' then it makes no sense why he'd show up to talk to Alfred in the bat cave. His return from death will be more spectacular than that.
Fair enough, I've only watched it the once so maybe I'll have to have another look. I'm struggling to think of a context in which either the Green Lantern or Superman visit bloody Alfred as their first port of call before joining the fight though (doesn't mean it can't make sense within the movie though, obviously). I'm fairly inclined to believe that
Honestly think the Alfred scene is just for the trailer.
this is the case. An ambiguous trailer-only scene to build hype and promote discussion. Pretty much every bit of discussion I've seen of the trailer pretty much ignores everything bar the final scene.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
GL making the glass vibrate like that doesn't seem to fit. It's either Supes or a T-Rex.

Zarlak

GL making the glass vibrate like that doesn't seem to fit. It's either Supes or a T-Rex.
Superman doesn't cause earth quakes when he walks either though and whoever it is is definitely walking as you hear a foot step, so it doesn't mean its him. The whole glass vibrating doesn't make any sense really. Maybe GL used a construct to open the bat cave and that's what caused the vibration, noone knows at this stage. Maybe it is Superman and he punches the cave to open it and that's why it shakes. I'd just be really let down if Superman returns by walking into the bat cave to talk to Alfred all non-chalant. You'd think his return would be an epic return which would be a surprise to everyone there.

Sylar

Would be great after all this discussion, if that scene is cut from the cinema.

SmashedHombre

Superman doesn't cause earth quakes when he walks either though and whoever it is is definitely walking as you hear a foot step, so it doesn't mean its him. The whole glass vibrating doesn't make any sense really. Maybe GL used a construct to open the bat cave and that's what caused the vibration, noone knows at this stage. Maybe it is Superman and he punches the cave to open it and that's why it shakes. I'd just be really let down if Superman returns by walking into the bat cave to talk to Alfred all non-chalant. You'd think his return would be an epic return which would be a surprise to everyone there.
Yeah but that image of a glass vibrating just seems easier to associate with the character of Superman; strength and dominating power.

GL is my favourite DC Character, so I'd love him to appear in this but I haven't seen anywhere credit an actor for a GL role so I'm skeptical as to how big a role any GL character will play.

Either way it's inevitable that the return of Superman is going to be hugely dull. It seems like it's supposed to be this big surprise, yet everybody has seen it coming since DoJ. The sooner they get it over with, the better.

Zarlak

Yeah but that image of a glass vibrating just seems easier to associate with the character of Superman; strength and dominating power.

GL is my favourite DC Character, so I'd love him to appear in this but I haven't seen anywhere credit an actor for a GL role so I'm skeptical as to how big a role any GL character will play.

Either way it's inevitable that the return of Superman is going to be hugely dull. It seems like it's supposed to be this big surprise, yet everybody has seen it coming since DoJ. The sooner they get it over with, the better.
I agree with your post, yet they directly reference GL in the trailer which they've absolutely no reason to do unless they plan to make him a part of it. They didn't reference any other JL member that isn't in the film already. Plus they are making a new GL movie so it would be a nice twist, but it might not even be GL. There's fan theories around that one of the generals in Man of Steel/BvS is Martian Manhunter so it could be any other member of the JL. I just can't see Superman walking up to Alfred in the bat cave like 'oh yeah hi Alfred I'm back by the way.'

SmashedHombre

I agree with your post, yet they directly reference GL in the trailer which they've absolutely no reason to do unless they plan to make him a part of it. They didn't reference any other JL member that isn't in the film already. Plus they are making a new GL movie so it would be a nice twist, but it might not even be GL. There's fan theories around that one of the generals in Man of Steel/BvS is Martian Manhunter so it could be any other member of the JL. I just can't see Superman walking up to Alfred in the bat cave like 'oh yeah hi Alfred I'm back by the way.'
It seems odd to go through all this effort to keep a GL character underwraps for so long, only to tease one repeatedly in the movie trailer. Sounds more like a marketing ploy tbh. I refuse to get my hopes up. Although (maybe unfairly) my hopes aren't particularly high anyway.

Zarlak

It seems odd to go through all this effort to keep a GL character underwraps for so long, only to tease one repeatedly in the movie trailer. Sounds more like a marketing ploy tbh. I refuse to get my hopes up. Although (maybe unfairly) my hopes aren't particularly high anyway.
They did it with Doomsday tbf. We'll wait and see, it might be someone shit. It just makes no sense for it to be Superman. I'd be annoyed if it was him.

Pscholes18

So from what I heard the other day...they are essentially reshooting the whole last third of the film, $25m worth...Kevin Smith that means its probably more like $50m...they are also making a bit lighter..more comedy....and Darkseid was suppose to make an appearance but they are instead saving him for the sequel.

InfiniteBoredom

So from what I heard the other day...they are essentially reshooting the whole last third of the film, $25m worth...Kevin Smith that means its probably more like $50m...they are also making a bit lighter..more comedy....and Darkseid was suppose to make an appearance but they are instead saving him for the sequel.
Suicide Squad part 2 then.

DC should ditch whoever is in charge of mapping out their universe, or if they dont have one, get one. Kevin Feige managed a consistent vision for MCU and that helped with all of their big projects.

Also, while we are at it, boot Snyder. He's been living off 300 for years now. Hire actual talented directors to head their flagship project (JLA).

Sylar

Are these reshoots by Joss Whedon? Nuts if thats the case if they are doing reshoots this close to the release.

Welsh Wonder

Even though every DC movie has been completely underwhelming I still know I'm going to do a little nerd wee when Superman inevitably returns

el3mel

Looking forward to this. Even though Batman v Superman and Wonder woman got a lot of stick that I yet to understand, I really enjoyed both. Guess I'm just more hardcore DC fan anyway.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Heard good things about this. Nobody's said it's a Citizen Kane, but it is supposedly perfect for comic book movie fans, which is all I'm hoping for the.

KM

It looks good, with DC it's always better to be cautious but I hope it's more like WW then BvS.

Marcelinho87

Looking forward to this. Even though Batman v Superman and Wonder woman got a lot of stick that I yet to understand, I really enjoyed both. Guess I'm just more hardcore DC fan anyway.
BvS got a lot of stick and rightly so but WW got a shed load of praise from what I remember? I don't actually remember it getting any flak.

el3mel

BvS got a lot of stick and rightly so but WW got a shed load of praise from what I remember? I don't actually remember it getting any flak.
BvS wasn't a masterpiece, but it's still a very very good movie IMO and most actors were spot on. The story was somewhat predictable but still very enjoyable and clear they were building for the upcoming movie. I think most who didn't like it were still affected by the way Nolan drew his Batman in the trilogy, or because they built some unrealistic expectations for this movie.

Last edited: