Kalvin Phillips | City Player (West Ham loan watch)

padr81

Supports
Man City
Haha we have no one who is even remotely close to Christian on the ball and Lisandro has more fight in his little finger than the rest.
You literally have Bruno who can play as an 8 or 10. You are buying up two players for every position same as City (you were just buying the wrong ones for a bit) and every other club who can. Phillips will play plenty once his injuries are over and just like the same nonsense said Ake (who's also played loads) this will go quiet. City will play about 55-60 games as usual. There'll be maybe 3 or 4 players who'll play over 40 of them (KDB, Haaland, Dias and Ederson) and Phillips like Gundogan, Grealish, Mahrez, Stones, Ake and co. will play around 30.

padr81

Supports
Man City
City can buy England NT and use it for spare parts, innit?
Don't you guys have Luke Shaw, Harry Maguire, AWB and one of Rashford or Sancho as spare parts now Antony has arrived? Half the England squad innit?

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Having Arsenal and Southampton basically positioned as sister clubs helps with this too
City fans used to moan that Ferguson's United sent their discontinued lines to whichever club Robson or Bruce was managing at the time.
Just smart business from United then and City now particularly with the Southampton link.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Crocked again(missed the game today, will miss the internationals) and may need surgery. No luck at all for this lad.

TheReligion

Abusive
Don't you guys have Luke Shaw, Harry Maguire, AWB and one of Rashford or Sancho as spare parts now Antony has arrived? Half the England squad innit?
Almost.

Rashford, Antony, Sancho will likely play together. Will be interesting when Martial comes back.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Almost.

Rashford, Antony, Sancho will likely play together. Will be interesting when Martial comes back.
Rashford through the middle? Would certainly be an exciting front 3 with Rashfords confidence back. Lots of pace and creativity.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He’s only there to make up the numbers anyway

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Are there any clubs other than City that don't get criticised for their shite £50m signings? Everyone always goes on about how good they are in the market but it's because everyone conveniently ignores their duds, they've spent money on some right shite over the years.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Are there any clubs other than City that don't get criticised for their shite £50m signings? Everyone always goes on about how good they are in the market but it's because everyone conveniently ignores their duds, they've spent money on some right shite over the years.
That's just pocket change to them.

We spend £15M on Malacia and expect a 1st team performance from him. They spend £50M (or £100M on Grealish) and if it doesn't work out, they just shrug their shoulders and move on to the next £50M+ player.

Robertd0803

Pointless move to City, he should have just got over the whole us/Leeds thing and came here and he would have been playing every week. (Yeah yeah I know easier said than done but anyway).

Can see him being available again this summer or next.

Irrational.

Yorkshire Pirlo my arse. Just because he has a shit haircut and sprays balls around. Moving to City was absolutely a bad move for his career, same with £100 million man Grealish.

M Bison

Supports
York City
What a waste, he should be playing regularly, i think he'll move to an Everton or Villa and continue to go downhill.

FujiVice

Are there any clubs other than City that don't get criticised for their shite £50m signings?
Nobody cares about them. If that was Chelsea, Liverpool or United, yes. But everyone knows what that club is, and what's the point is criticising? They buy players, win things, buy players, win things. They're dull.

ColvaleGoa

Pointless move to City, he should have just got over the whole us/Leeds thing and came here and he would have been playing every week. (Yeah yeah I know easier said than done but anyway).

Casemero would not have happened... Philips is a massive downgrade on Case...So all for the best!

Robertd0803

Casemero would not have happened... Philips is a massive downgrade on Case...So all for the best!
Yeah true. Although I was thinking more of him replacing McTominay or Fred rather than Casemiro because I forgot Phillips only joined them this season.

Luka Mora

How very crass

Thought you’d have learnt your lesson
Think you missed the point. He's been taken out of the squad because he's not good enough and not because he's ill, which is what people have assumed as to why sancho isn't playing

TheReligion

Abusive
Think you missed the point. He's been taken out of the squad because he's not good enough and not because he's ill, which is what people have assumed as to why sancho isn't playing
Just give it a rest or you’re going to end up being banned. There’s no point to miss. Your comment was again inappropriate and if you want to talk about Sancho there’s two threads already about him.

the_cliff

When you're winning trophies everything gets ignored.

Grealish has 7 goals and 1 assist in 56 Apps and he's seen as a brilliant signing by City. Shrewd business.

Darwin has 9 goals and 3 assists in 22 for comparison and is widely considered as a flop.

Sancho has 8 goals and 4 assists in 52 Apps and is seen as flop of the century.

TheGame

To be fair with Fernandinho leaving, I think he would have played more in rotating with Rodri had he not been injured. I have no idea how he has come back overweight and he should never have been in the WC squad in the first place.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Nobody cares about them. If that was Chelsea, Liverpool or United, yes. But everyone knows what that club is, and what's the point is criticising? They buy players, win things, buy players, win things. They're dull.
One of these clubs is not like the others. :houllier:

Chelsea piss more money up the wall than even City do. Two £250M+ transfer windows and I doubt anyone can name a single player out of that lot that improved them.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
When you're winning trophies everything gets ignored.

Grealish has 7 goals and 1 assist in 56 Apps and he's seen as a brilliant signing by City. Shrewd business.

Darwin has 9 goals and 3 assists in 22 for comparison and is widely considered as a flop.

Sancho has 8 goals and 4 assists in 52 Apps and is seen as flop of the century.
Is Grealish really seen like that ??? I doubt it.

Apokalips

Playing here every week, would he? Only because we had McFred, which went on for far longer than it should have. He is below the standard we should be looking at and I can't understand why any United fan would be wishing he joined us ahead of them. They can afford to add decent players that never play to their ranks, we can't spend that money on a guy that is not good enough to be more than a squad member. I'm glad he didn't want to come here and I'm not convinced we were that keen on bringing him here anyway.