Music Kanye West

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
So he can only judge himself?

Jumped up egomaniac can't hold a candle to real greats.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
I agree on the first three. The rest are sort of irrelevant to me. Some good songs here and there, and experimental production, but nothing I can actually like very much.
You've said that about twenty times in this thread. :lol:

Third rant of the day now - doesn't want white people (aka the mainstream media) to comment on black music anymore. I think he's disappointed by the reviews... bizarrely including Pitchfork giving him a ridiculously generous 9/10. :lol:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
So people who don't rate him are racist?

Jesus fecking Christ, how anyone can like this twat is beyond me.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
You've said that about twenty times in this thread. :lol:

Third rant of the day now - doesn't want white people (aka the mainstream media) to comment on black music anymore. I think he's disappointed by the reviews... bizarrely including Pitchfork giving him a ridiculously generous 9/10. :lol:
The fact that he's such a bad lyricist just can't be stated enough, though.

He complains in order to promote himself. It's all staged nonsense.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
So people who don't rate him are racist?

Jesus fecking Christ, how anyone can like this twat is beyond me.
People who do rate him too apparently, Pitchfork consistently give him glowing reviews!

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Genius my arse. The guy is a fecking twat. And what's with the disrespect towards white people lately? Try to say black publications should not comment on white music anymore, the internet would crucify you.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
So, Louis, 97% possession but no attempts on goal and another defeat. Your thoughts?

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
So a grown ass man needs to resort to this kind of utter bullshit to earn more publicity?

Flamingo Purple

The wrong skeptic
On a side note the album definitely gets better with each listen, if it wasn't for some of the bizarre lyrics it'd be an incredibly strong album - makes his meltdown even more saddening.

Last edited:

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
On a side note the album definitely gets better with each listen, if it wasn't for the piss poor lyrics it'd be an incredibly strong album - makes his meltdown even more saddening.
There's a lot of good stuff on it but right now I could probably cut tracks 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 13 without losing anything. Not a good sign.

Flamingo Purple

The wrong skeptic
There's a lot of good stuff on it but right now I could probably cut tracks 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 13 without losing anything. Not a good sign.
Yeah you're right, it definitely drops in quality around the middle. Low Lights (6) and I love Kanye (9), are more interludes than serious tracks though I'd say. Personally Wolves is one of my favourites and the only track I'd skip is 9, which for an 18 track album is quite remarkable.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Yeah you're right, it definitely drops in quality around the middle. Low Lights (6) and I love Kanye (9), are more interludes than serious tracks though I'd say. Personally Wolves is one of my favourites and the only track I'd skip is 9, which for an 18 track album is quite remarkable.
Actually meant 14, not 13. A lot of those are interludes but they break momentum at a point where the album is already weak with tracks like Feedback, Highlights and Freestyle 4. Even if you cut them out you'd still have a natural dip in the middle with Waves and FML, so having it flatline for 12 minutes before that as well isn't great.

izzydiggler

Ridiculous how much publicity someone talking over an out of tune over a an artificial beat can generate...absolute arse.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I'm actually bored of criticising him now, as it's too much of an open goal: can't sing well, can't rap well, best work is in the past, rapidly losing his allegedly decent lyrical ability, increasingly outdated, uses autotune, best parts of his songs are often samples of other people's excellent work, the triumph of publicity over talent etc etc; it's like a list of Rooney's current failings - all "can'ts" and "used to's".

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
I'm actually bored of criticising him now, as it's too much of an open goal: can't sing well, can't rap well, best work is in the past, rapidly losing his allegedly decent lyrical ability, increasingly outdated, uses autotune, best parts of his songs are often samples of other people's excellent work, the triumph of publicity over talent etc etc; it's like a list of Rooney's current failings - all "can'ts" and "used to's".
Never had much of that to begin with. It was his production and willingness to experiment that set him apart. I still don't like him, mind.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
This guy is the absolute epitome of a flog. I just can't stand him and his constantly sour face.

Having said that, the beat to real friends is great.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Well said mate.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
This is the same 'grown ass man' who said his greatest pain is that he'll never get to see himself perform live.
Kanye has said some awful stuff but, how could you not like him saying that? "My greatest pain in life is that I'll never be able to see myself perform live" is just a brilliant quote.