g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Music Kanye West

Nucks

RT History Department
Kanye has said some awful stuff but, how could you not like him saying that? "My greatest pain in life is that I'll never be able to see myself perform live" is just a brilliant quote.
It would be brilliant if he was ever actually good, and not just a refuge for white, middle class, suburban boys pushing along a counter culture wigster (wigger+hipster) movement.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Kanye, Kanye, Kanye, Kanye, Kanye.
Kanye, Kanye, Kanye, Kanye, Kanye.

Kanye West - The Chelsea Song

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Just kill me. Peak Guardian ahoy:

Is Kanye West Hip-hop's Greatest Cubist?

In Picasso Baby, Jay Z starts by wanting a Picasso on his wall but then confesses to less noble desires: “I wanna Rothko, no I wanna brothel, no, I want a wife that feck me like a prostitute.”

Picasso would have recognised a fellow spirit there. After all, one of his most revolutionary paintings, Les Demoiselles d’Avignon, is a brothel scene.
http://www.theguardian.com/artandde...st-the-life-of-pablo-picasso-creative-collage

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
“But I can’t complain what the accident did to my left eye/ ‘Cos look what an accident did to Left Eye”

fecking hell that is a real quote. Might be the worst piece of writing I have ever read.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Apparently some audio has been released from him flipping out on SNL because they had removed his shiny floor (something to do with the bright decor lights) and goes off on one that he's 50% more influential than any of Kubrick, escobar, Pablo Picasso and some biblical figure called Paulus.

Either this guy's brain has melted or he's the most delusional idiot to ever walk the earth.

I can see him not making it till the end of 2016 for some reason. This guy has serious issues.

bleezy

He crazy, I know what ya thinkin,
Ribena, I know what you're drinkin

- Kanye West, 2008.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
I remember seeing this - his mask cracks as he realises he can't get out of actually having to freestyle!

Minimalist

Had the misfortune of listening to the album this morning. Good grief what a come down since his earlier work.

4/10 would be kind to that heap of shit. It's not even 'opinion' quite frankly - there is more artistic merit in a Bieber album.

Also manages to write lyrics about as good as Pitbull I see.

On another note I lost it in fits of laughter when I read about the game he's bringing out about his mother. :lol:

Deleted member 78215

“But I can’t complain what the accident did to my left eye/ ‘Cos look what an accident did to Left Eye”

fecking hell that is a real quote. Might be the worst piece of writing I have ever read.
Eh?

What's wrong with that? He was in a car accident that fecked his face up; Lisa "Left Eye" Lopez died in an accident. Of all the Kanye lyrics that's one of the more innocuous.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

He's saying he can't complain about his eye being damaged because it could have been so much worse. Its actually surprisingly humble of him. Strange you would choose this lyric to use against him.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

:lol: Worst "genius" ever

Loublaze

ATLien
Apparently some audio has been released from him flipping out on SNL because they had removed his shiny floor (something to do with the bright decor lights) and goes off on one that he's 50% more influential than any of Kubrick, escobar, Pablo Picasso and some biblical figure called Paulus.

Either this guy's brain has melted or he's the most delusional idiot to ever walk the earth.

I can see him not making it till the end of 2016 for some reason. This guy has serious issues.
You're exaggerating

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff

To be fair, that line fits with the song. One of his better songs, too.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Some people call it déjà vu/But that is because they are French

Deleted member 78215

To be fair, that line fits with the song. One of his better songs, too.
They don't even need to fit in with the song, in isolation - given their meaning - they are fine and in no way laughable.

Translation of those lyrics: He can't complain too much about the damage the car crash did to him because he's still alive, while Lisa Left Eye Lopez lost her life in a car crash.

There are many things one can use to mock Kanye, but using those lyrics is genuinely bizarre.

Mciahel Goodman

Staff
They don't even need to fit in with the song, in isolation - given their meaning - they are fine and in no way laughable.

Translation of those lyrics: He can't complain too much about the damage the car crash did to him because he's still alive, while Lisa Left Eye Lopez lost her life in a car crash.

There are many things one can use to mock Kanye, but using those lyrics is genuinely bizarre.
I'm well aware of the meaning. Moves on to Aaliyah, Romeo Must Die, etc. Like I said, I'm not a big fan, but those lyrics are fine.

Deleted member 78215

I'm well aware of the meaning. Moves on to Aaliyah, Romeo Must Die, etc. Like I said, I'm not a big fan, but those lyrics are fine.
I wasn't translating it for you, but for some of the others in this thread. The guy's a target, but dumbo is shooting blanks at him using those lyrics.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Fair enough. I didn't know the context behind that one. I'll laugh at the next terrible lyrics posted.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I remember seeing this - his mask cracks as he realises he can't get out of actually having to freestyle!

I love the, "I'm fecked" look he gives when he realises he can't get out of it.:lol:

Mciahel Goodman

Staff
I wasn't translating it for you, but for some of the others in this thread. The guy's a target, but dumbo is shooting blanks at him using those lyrics.
Fair enough.

Also, with the freestyle thing. Sway knows exactly what he's doing there. Kanye isn't an MC, can't really freestyle for shit, but he isn't that bad either.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout

So maybe I'm alone in finding the allusion cheap and ugly and it's throwaway nature crass. To say nothing of the clunky structure. I wasn't laughing though I was just dumbfounded.

I guess my ignorance of cubist hiphop is showing. We can't all spot a genius y'know.

Last edited:

cyberman

Fair enough.

Also, with the freestyle thing. Sway knows exactly what he's doing there. Kanye isn't an MC, can't really freestyle for shit, but he isn't that bad either.
Kanye had a huge argument with Sway on his own show so Sway enjoyed dropping him in it imo.

Loublaze

ATLien
It would be brilliant if he was ever actually good, and not just a refuge for white, middle class, suburban boys pushing along a counter culture wigster (wigger+hipster) movement.
Among the best of this generation and he'll be remembered for many years to come