Kevin De Bruyne

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Did he continue running after that skill? He seems the type to skill and leave it there.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
At least I didn't discriminate on the colour of his pubes. :smirk:

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Love this guy but one small whinge about him that he needs to iron out.
He is caught in possession in dangerous areas or misplaces a pass there too often. Has led to a goal against and nearly a few more.
Sure he will have that coached out of him before long.

Last edited:

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form

Looks like a nasty knee injury that. Knee ligament injury quite possibly. Could be a season ender at worst. City will hope for weeks out at best case scenario judging by his reactions.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Belgium would be fecked at the Euros. Their best player injured, Hazard out of form and a shit manager.
Hopefully he'll be alright though.

FC Ronaldo

Belgium would be fecked at the Euros. Their best player injured, Hazard out of form and a shit manager.
Hopefully he'll be alright though.
Fellaini will save the day.

Tarrou

That Everton player harrassing him while he was injured must feel like a right cnut now

BarstoolProphet

Looks like a torn ACL for me. Shame about this injury, hes been quite good with the odd slump in form. Even though he plays for City and in theory (yes, theory since we're nowhere near them now) it will benefit us, I still hate see players getting those injuries.

Anyone got a video of it yet? I missed the replay.

FC Ronaldo

Yup, said it in the other thread I wouldn't wish an injury on someone but it's fecking hilarious since it happened by him diving :lol:
See my post above. Looks like he went down in pain from the ligament issue as opposed to diving.

BarstoolProphet

Yup, said it in the other thread I wouldn't wish an injury on someone but it's fecking hilarious since it happened by him diving :lol:
Diving? Looked to me like he felt it snap hence the reaction. I remember it looked like diving when Roy Keane tore his ACL (which led to the infamous revenge tackle on Haaland).

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Looks like he goes down because Mori puts the hand on his chest and grabs his shirt, De Bruyne throws himself down to get the free kick and his leg gets caught badly under himself. It's hard to see how he hurts his knee before going down as there isn't an irregular twist but the leg certainly didn't look good when he landed on it.

A player looking like he's in pain before going down isn't a sign of injury. That's basically every player diving.

edits: If you freeze it somewhere between 2-3 seconds that might be the injury and he reacts to it in the next step. Can't say that he torn something in that movement, might have hurt himself a bit there and then made it worse by the way he landed on his leg.

Trizy

See my post above. Looks like he went down in pain from the ligament issue as opposed to diving.
I don't think so, I think he was faking by letting out a roar (see Costa vs Arsenal at the weekend) because once he hits the sorest looking part of that fall you see him like he's in pain instantly.

Tarrou

Is it possible he just tweaked the ligament a little? Hopefully it isn't too serious.

Edit: also he was moving around a fair bit on the floor, which you'd expect he wouldn't do if he'd just felt his ACL snap

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Diving? Looked to me like he felt it snap hence the reaction. I remember it looked like diving when Roy Keane torned his ACL (which led to the infamous revenge tackle on Haaland).
I saw that and thought he only injured his knee when he's down on the ground and his right leg (studs) gets caught on the turf and it twists in a awkward position? Definitely not while he's still standing? Not that I'm saying its a dive but you can clearly a see when his leg gets caught.

Anyway, wishing him a speedy recovery.

Lyricist

Look at the way his foot gets stuck in the ground while he's falling. That in combination with his leg/knee being fully bent certainly doesn't look right. I have no idea whether he was in pain before already or if it's only then that he gets injured but that does look very painful.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Is it possible he just tweaked the ligament a little? Hopefully it isn't too serious.
It is possible. My left knee ligament almost tore a few years ago and I was all alone during a football sequence, the pain was terrible. It took a couple of months to get back to some form of decent running, obviously the damage is permanent but after rehab it feels much better now.
As long as the ligament isn't completely torn, KDB will be fine.

FC Ronaldo

@Ish @Trizy fair enough lads. To me I interpret that as an issue arising on the first moment he plants his right leg as RFM is making the challenge. That would explain why the grimace comes when he then places that leg out wide in the next sequence and stretches the ligament again. And to me, would then justify why the leg reacts in a lazy fashion and not as controlled as it would normally be when he collapses to the floor (as if the ligament isn't as taught as it should be and could possibly suggest a rupture or a tear), and thus gets caught in the ground and beneath him.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I think he's gone down as he knows he's getting out-muscled. Almost every player does it when a challenge comes from behind like that. I don't think the damage occurs until he falls on his planted foot, and his knee is bent as far as it can go. Could have done a ligament there.

Regardless of if he's trying to buy a free kick or not, can't say there's any pleasure in seeing that happen to a player. Knee ligament injuries can kill careers. You'd hope it's not as bad as it looks.

Classical Mechanic

Looked like an ACL. He looked to be in that level of pain when the goalkeeper oddly tried to pick him up, surely he could have seen that he was in genuine agony if I could. They could at least have given him man of the match; he comes on; wins the game for them and then gets a career threatening injury.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Pretty sure he injured himself trying to buy a free kick.

I've done my knee ligament twice and I reckon the hyper extension happened to De Bruyne when his leg got caught under him as he dramatically threw himself to the floor.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
@FC Ronaldo
Aye man, you could well be right. I don't think anyone knows. I just thought he tried to buy a FK after feeling the challenge, and as he falls down he falls in a awkward angle.

But either way, I hope it's not serious etc.

BarstoolProphet

@Ish @Trizy fair enough lads. To me I interpret that as an issue arising on the first moment he plants his right leg as RFM is making the challenge. That would explain why the grimace comes when he then places that leg out wide in the next sequence and stretches the ligament again. And to me, would then justify why the leg reacts in a lazy fashion and not as controlled as it would normally be when he collapses to the floor (as if the ligament isn't as taught as it should be and could possibly suggest a rupture or a tear), and thus gets caught in the ground and beneath him.
This. My view on it aswell. His reaction and his leg's reaction when he's falling over doesn't make any sense if it's not based on an injury, even if players are known to try and create a freekick or a penalty out of nothing.

Classical Mechanic

I agree with the posters saying that he was trying to buy a freekick. Aguero does it all the time too. The slightest touch from a defender when they are not in a great position and they are on their arse.

Zoo

Pellegrini said they think it's a medial ligament injury.

CM

Shame to see such a talent get injured like that, hope it isn't a serious one.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Pellegrini said they think it's a medial ligament injury.
If that's the case then normally it's about 6 weeks out. I was stood at the other end of the stadium at pitch level so don't know for sure what happened. Seemed like a tangle with the defender but will watch TV highlights to get a better idea.
Dippers whining on the radio about second goal being out.
Forgot to mention Offside goal and blatant pen to us not given in 1st leg also no pen in 0-0 league game also foul on Aguero for their goal tonight.
Crybaby Scouse tossers.