g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Kevin De Bruyne

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
And is it possible for people to say they think a player is not playing great without constantly chirping their price tag. I find it a bit boring to be honest.

Trizy

I don't think he's price in today's market should be brought up after 1 bad game. 50m for a 24 year old is good business, especially when they're as good as he is.

Bazi

Supports
Bayern Munich
Thought he was a little selfish today. City might have had the lead just prior to the Walcott goal.

After watching the replay I felt Mertesacker really did well to deny de Bruyne the angle to pass to David Silva. Certainly not as easy an assist as some people make it sound.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
KDB is class but won't win all games by himself.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
After watching the replay I felt Mertesacker really did well to deny de Bruyne the angle to pass to David Silva. Certainly not as easy an assist as some people make it sound.
Silva needed to move towards to ball, pass wasn't on, right to go for the shot.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
De Bruyne is a player who deserves the benefit of the doubt in that situation. He has proven to be a good decision maker in those type of situations.

Crossie

Supports
vibrant attacking football
I'm confident that the EPL hasn't seen the best de Bruyne yet.
When he moved from Chelsea to Wolfsburg in late winter '13/14, he hasn't been particularly good or impressive for the rest of the season; he had no winter training camp and had dificulties to adapt. He needed a summer training camp with Wolfsburg to excel on the field.
Therefore, I expect a similar development now where he, again, plays for a team without a proper training camp.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
Yes, but wasn't Per 15 yards behind the other defenders, making the move possible in the first place?

Granted, I've only seen one replay once.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Yes, but wasn't Per 15 yards behind the other defenders, making the move possible in the first place?

Granted, I've only seen one replay once.
His positioning was correct since KDB and Silva we're in their own half so you couldn't play offside.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
It's fairly simple to me anyway, he made the wrong decision going for goal. But that's part of football. He tries the pass and misses - he'll get criticized for not shooting etc. It happens.

But I think the pass was the right decision.

Treble

It's fairly simple to me anyway, he made the wrong decision going for goal. But that's part of football. He tries the pass and misses - he'll get criticized for not shooting etc. It happens.

But I think the pass was the right decision.
I agree. That's part of football indeed but this miss may cost City the title. City were the better team before that situation. Still early days though. Generally, his decision making is quite good, he's a very intelligent player.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Two assists and a goal today. 5 goals and 8 assists in 12 matches. He's great.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
Just watched the match and he oozed class.

Him and Sterling now look a snip at £50m each in this market.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Weren't their some fans on here who said he has been underwhelming or not worth his value?

Its more than one game. A player who commands that price tag has to be held up to a higher standard than the rest. It's the only thing that can keep City's spending in check.
if we start writing off a duo's form ( Sterling and KDB Cost what? 100m between them?) because City can afford it then football is skewed beyond repair. We cant just give them credit because of their form pre City, that's where the inferiority complex of this forum comes in. They can't seem to do no wrong.
Meh, close enough. He has been good for them all things considered.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Weren't their some fans on here who said he has been underwhelming or not worth his value?
I've been one. Not hiding.

I put my money where my mouth is and as soon as City got a run of flat track opposition I put KdB in my fantasy team. He's done well for me today.

I'll kick him out as soon as City get a tough run of games though. Not worth the money in my squad, see. ;)

Walters_19_MuFc

Good this week, shit last week. One day world class class, other day overrated. Football for you.

My opinion is that he is not as good as most make out. A lot will disagree, but thats my opinion.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
I've been one. Not hiding.

I put my money where my mouth is and as soon as City got a run of flat track opposition I put KdB in my fantasy team. He's done well for me today.

I'll kick him out as soon as City get a tough run of games though. Not worth the money in my squad, see. ;)
I would love for our team to have a player that consistently performs against flat track opposition. Nevertheless, I m sure De Bryune will show up against tougher opposition in the near future. Many fans said the same thing about Özil in the past.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I've said it before but I think I have to reinstate it, is there a better crosser of the ball than him?- Be it in the air or along the ground, he zips it beautifully.

Blackwidow

Goal in a home loss against West Ham
Goal in a away loss against Tottenham
Goal and 2 assists in a 6:1 home win against Newcastle
Assist in a 5:1 home win against Bournemouth
Assist in a 2:1 home win against Norwich City
1 Goal and 2 Assists in a 3:1 home win against Southhampton
1 Goal and 2 Assists in a 4:1 home win against Sunderland

14 matches - 7 matches with goal/assist

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Brilliant player. City have too much of those :(

AttackingFlair

He's the type of player we're crying out for. Creative, end product and great physical qualities. Would've been a perfect Rooney replacement. He's the type of player we need at 10 or out wide, not Juan Mata.

Classical Mechanic

Goal in a home loss against West Ham
Goal in a away loss against Tottenham
Goal and 2 assists in a 6:1 home win against Newcastle
Assist in a 5:1 home win against Bournemouth
Assist in a 2:1 home win against Norwich City
1 Goal and 2 Assists in a 3:1 home win against Southhampton
1 Goal and 2 Assists in a 4:1 home win against Sunderland

14 matches - 7 matches with goal/assist
He disappears against the bigger sides and in harder games.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
I've said it before but I think I have to reinstate it, is there a better crosser of the ball than him?- Be it in the air or along the ground, he zips it beautifully.
Cleanest striker of the ball around. I swear, every goal he scores is hit smoothly and firmly.