Kevin De Bruyne

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Hahaha, he scores a goal "De Bruyne worth every penny", "De Bruyne among the best players in the world", "..."

He has a quiet game: "De Bruyne not even worth 10m", "...",

Always judging from game to game... You guys are ridiculous. :lol:

Same for everything... If Klopp will win a game "What a manager!", if he lose "Klopp the Flopp".... :lol:
In fairness 90% of the fans (inc oppo) jump to conclusions based on a few games.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Hahaha, he scores a goal "De Bruyne worth every penny", "De Bruyne among the best players in the world", "..."

Same for everything... If Klopp will win a game "What a manager!", if he lose "Klopp the Flopp".... :lol:
Who are these "you guys" ? There doesn't seem to be many of them.

Ananke

Tbh I thought he had an OK game. From the start it seemed obvious that we had instructions to shut him out, and our players did their jobs. Rojo especially. It was down to City then to have other players step up. We didnt let him settle...and thats just good play on our part.

To question his talent and quality based on a game where our defensive organisation was well drilled is just ridiculous. What I will say is the very best players will adapt their game when being singled out and cut off. But that will come to him with experience.

Varun

Staff

Ya. Lol :lol:. These guys. Lol :lol:

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
I think he is a good player, we were just too good for him on the day though.

Dante

Average bang
Ashley Cole always had Ronaldo's number and Evra always struggled with Lennon. The fullback vs winger battle is one that tends to be decided by particular playing styles, and De Bruyne's was clearly ill-suited to Valencia's.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
That's what I've been thinking. He's gotten goals and a few assists. His numbers are good but his actual play has been below what I'd expected to the point where it hasn't been particularly impressive.
I'm going to start calling this the Mata argument.

"Yeah he scores goals and makes them for his teammates, and often wins matches for his team, but apart from all that, he isn't particularly impressive."

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Nothing new for City to overpay for just about anyone.
Why would you poke fun at a club with seemingly unlimited resources for overpaying for players? Do you not see how futile and silly that is? Surely you should be laughing at Burnley paying £9m for Andre Gray giving their financial situation rather than laughing at City for paying more for players, which is to be expected since the selling club know how cash-rich they are.

Especially when you think that they paid £500,000 for Hart, £6m for Kompany, ~£5m for Zabaleta, £32m for Aguero which really is a steal. It's just the two recent purchases which have been astronomically overpriced, and even then they don't care because:

1) They had a problem in the team which they addressed
2) Money isn't an issue

NK86

Of the little I have seen of him this season, he seems to be still getting used to his team mates but he has provided the numbers nonetheless. Sunday was an off-day for him. No big deal. Things like these happen especially when you see how well drilled both sides seemed to be.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Some ridiculous things being written over the last 2 pages.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Why would you poke fun at a club with seemingly unlimited resources for overpaying for players? Do you not see how futile and silly that is? Surely you should be laughing at Burnley paying £9m for Andre Gray giving their financial situation rather than laughing at City for paying more for players, which is to be expected since the selling club know how cash-rich they are.

Especially when you think that they paid £500,000 for Hart, £6m for Kompany, ~£5m for Zabaleta, £32m for Aguero which really is a steal. It's just the two recent purchases which have been astronomically overpriced, and even then they don't care because:

1) They had a problem in the team which they addressed
2) Money isn't an issue
Well said, and United aren't better when it comes to overpay.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Ashley Cole always had Ronaldo's number and Evra always struggled with Lennon. The fullback vs winger battle is one that tends to be decided by particular playing styles, and De Bruyne's was clearly ill-suited to Valencia's.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He struggled against Rojo and Valencia, he isn't a winger, he should play through the middle with the freedom to move on the flanks.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
De Bruyne is a 10, not a winger. He doesn't have the agility to consistently win 1v1 duels but through the middle he is much more threatening. Nevertheless he indeed had a disappointing game.

Mr Smith

His performance the other day a combination of being out of position, having an off-day, and some awesome defending. Still probably the best number 10 in Europe on his day in my opinion. I cry every day over the fact that we didn't try to buy him.

Born2Lose

..or Rojo.. or Darmian.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I still don't get it. What the feck is it about De Bruyne that excites everybody? I must really be thick or something. A bit of pressure and pressing and he's nowhere to be seen. Not interested in hearing his wonderful football against flat track teams, I'd rather hear about Vardy if that's the case thanks.

Maybe he'll prove me wrong, who knows. He wasn't expensive I suppose...

AllezLesDiables

I still don't get it. What the feck is it about De Bruyne that excites everybody? I must really be thick or something. A bit of pressure and pressing and he's nowhere to be seen. Not interested in hearing his wonderful football against flat track teams, I'd rather hear about Vardy if that's the case thanks.

He was excellent today but when your team doesn't show up there's not much you can do. Should have had 3 assists today.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

His passing for one is the best in the league alongside Ozil. Seems to have a great football brain and touch as well.

NoPace

On the break, only Messi and perhaps Ozil make better decisions. Apologies to the GOAT Nolito.

Irrational.

His balls into the box always seem to have the perfect timing, weight and precision. A nightmare for keepers and defenders alike.

Sam

Another one we should have been in for. Just like Silva, Toure and Aguero all those years ago.

The amount of quality players we've let go to City, while we've just stood still and done nothing, is a disgrace.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He is going to eventually established himself as the best playmaker in footballer if he continues playing like this. He has to be among the top five in football today.
I don't think he'll ever control matches in the way somebody Silva does, but his crosses and through balls, ability to use both feet and striking ability is already up there with the very best. Beggars belief why we didn't get him, I was proper fanboying him all summer. :(

zing

Zingle balls
His decision making is flawless.

Never a loose pass.

HabeasC

Annoying that we weren't in for him. At least we're not Chelsea - it seems every player they sold on (Lukaku, Mata, De Bruyne, etc.) is playing well and at the very least is doing better than their current team.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City

Considering how good de Bruyne has been these past couple of years, I'd say the reason you offer sounds most plausible ;)

Seriously though, you couldn't be further from the truth. Flat track bully? Virtually any Belgian supporter will tell you he's been the national side's best player, attacking wise anyway, for the past few years. He's been magnificent for Wolfsburg, including a MoTM performance when they devastated Bayern and winning the Bundesliga POTY. Since he returned to the Premier League he's been great for City, and scored a vital last-minute winner against Sevilla in the Champions League. He's had a few poor games and is still finding his feet and getting used to his teammates, but every sign has been positive that he will justify his price tag. Mentioning Vardy in the same instance as de Bruyne reveals you're either joking or clearly are basing your opinion off a handful of games you've seen.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
His decision making is flawless.

Never a loose pass.
Pretty much this, with the technical ability he has, it makes him a devastating player

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Considering how good de Bruyne has been these past couple of years, I'd say the reason you offer sounds most plausible ;)

Seriously though, you couldn't be further from the truth. Flat track bully? Virtually any Belgian supporter will tell you he's been the national side's best player, attacking wise anyway, for the past few years. He's been magnificent for Wolfsburg, including a MoTM performance when they devastated Bayern and winning the Bundesliga POTY. Since he returned to the Premier League he's been great for City, and scored a vital last-minute winner against Sevilla in the Champions League. He's had a few poor games and is still finding his feet and getting used to his teammates, but every sign has been positive that he will justify his price tag. Mentioning Vardy in the same instance as de Bruyne reveals you're either joking or clearly are basing your opinion off a handful of games you've seen.
Vardy has done more tonight than De Bruyne. It will take some effort by De Bruyne to even come a sniff of what Vardy has achieved tonight. Ronaldo, Torres and Suarez couldn't do what Vardy has done.

Do I think Vardy is world class. No, I don't rate him that much, he's going through a crazy purple patch. I still await to be wowed by De Bruyne when he's up against a team that likes to press. Today was just more flat track bullying fare to bring this up I'm afraid. But I'd give a left nut to have a flat track bully like him right now. Watch us f*ck up against a poor Swansea tomorrow after beating you.