Kevin De Bruyne

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
i think he belongs to rojo now rather than man city.

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
I wouldn't pay more than 10m based on the match he played. He was horrible. Everytime he had ball in a decent position, he did nothing. I recall only 1 pass to Toure in the box which he played well. Other than that was the most dissapointing player in the game along with Sterling. If this is his level, bad business by City, as usual.
Terrible business by City, hope we sell him for £10m now.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I didn't like his performance against Sevilla either, very clumsy despite the late goal.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Seems like the type that'll go quiet if you go in hard and early on him. Rojo did that and made him his bitch all game. Hopefully others do the same. He's obviously a quality player if you give him time and space on the ball, but he's a level below the likes of silva, sanchez, aguero and hazard at their best. Martial has played at the level of those above as well. De Bruyne just isn't as talented on the ball as those and doesn't have the same pace and explosiveness that all those bar silva have.

So while he is an excellent player, he's not world class imo and his current run of form is more just form rather then his actual level.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
Should have used the ball more intelligently and stopped trying take Valencia/Rojo on for pace, but he still set up decent chances and was the only City attacker up to anything.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The type of comments made in here recently would see you get absolutely ribbed if you made them in the Juan 'hugs' Mata thread. Not worth 10m ffs. :lol:

Walters_19_MuFc

He was awful yesterday, but lets not pretend he's been anything other then fantastic for City so far this season.

He'd walk into our first XI.
Hes got good numbers, but his overall play has been pretty average, in my opinion.

I also dont think he'd walk into our starting XI. I personally wouldnt have him over Herrera, Mata or Martial.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Terrible business by City, hope we sell him for £10m now.
We'll take him, you can have Rooney too as gift of gratitude.

Jokes aside(Well the one about us having him for 10 mil), He's a fantastic talent and I would have loved him in our team. Surely you guys should know by now that some of the CAF has a tendency of writing off some City players. Fernando, Kompany , Yaya, Otamendi, Di Miichelis and Mangala are just a few.

Dont take all of it seriosuly.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Utter nonsense to write off KDB just because United had him sussed. I think that was one of our best defensive performances for a long time. Everyone was well drilled, and Marcos Rojo served up a lorryload of humble pie for his plentiful doubters.

Regardless, KDB's been very good since the start of the season. 6 goals and 7 assists in 14 games, including the 2 he played for Wolfsburg before leaving. There can't be many in Europe's top leagues with better numbers, and considering the majority of those have come for a new club in a new league, it's very good. His overall play has been solid, and some of his passes through packed defences have been sublime. He's got a cnut of a shot as well, and has been unfortunate not to have a few more goals to his name. I'm sure a couple of weeks ago he was being called a bargain by many here, and were lambasting why United didn't even throw their hat in to the ring for getting him.

As always, you're only as good as your last game around here. So he's shite. Poor man's Chris Brunt. He'll be playing for QPR next season.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
I wouldn't pay more than 10m based on the match he played. He was horrible. Everytime he had ball in a decent position, he did nothing. I recall only 1 pass to Toure in the box which he played well. Other than that was the most dissapointing player in the game along with Sterling. If this is his level, bad business by City, as usual.
This is the worst post related to football that I've seen in quite some time.

Siorac

Seeing Bale playing in a United shirt would be a dream come true.. I'd happily take a chance on him when he turns 36 and no one else bar some Arab or North American clubs is going after him.
Wait, you'd want a 36-year-old Bale?

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Seems like the type that'll go quiet if you go in hard and early on him. Rojo did that and made him his bitch all game. Hopefully others do the same. He's obviously a quality player if you give him time and space on the ball, but he's a level below the likes of silva, sanchez, aguero and hazard at their best. Martial has played at the level of those above as well. De Bruyne just isn't as talented on the ball as those and doesn't have the same pace and explosiveness that all those bar silva have.

So while he is an excellent player, he's not world class imo and his current run of form is more just form rather then his actual level.
Then explain me this: How the hell did De Bruyne manage to set a league on fire where the main defensive tactic against his team was to take him out of the game, which led to enourmous space for his team mates (one of the reasons he was so valuable for them) because he was at least doubled most of the time? You say he can´t handle early pressure, when it was exactly that what he faced the whole last season in a league which uses way more collective pressing systems than the EPL. It was a freaking offgame vs. a well organised defense. Can´t believe he is written off because of that. If something like this would happen over in Bluemoon, this whole forum would be laughing.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
Hes got good numbers, but his overall play has been pretty average, in my opinion.

I also dont think he'd walk into our starting XI. I personally wouldnt have him over Herrera, Mata or Martial.
What do you feel Mata provides that De Bruyne can't? Excepting more secure and safe possession.

Skills

Snitch
Rojo was class and it was a good match up for him, it's why De Bruyne struggled. Despite what the caf thinks of him, Rojo was a WC finalist in a very well drilled defensive Argentina time. When he's focused on the task at hand he's a good defender - and he was locked in for the KDB challenge on Sunday.

cyberman

From what I saw on Sunday he's only dangerous if you let him inside. He becomes very one Diemensional if you force him to the byline. Rojo was comfortable due to the lack of pace going in behind him.
Could be used against him when teams have him scouted better, but then City could just move him inside and nullify all that.
His transfer could still go either way if he's played in this position when Silva returns

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
What do you feel Mata provides that De Bruyne can't? Excepting more secure and safe possession.
Mata provides the memories of what he did in a Chelsea shirt like four years ago.
Other than that, and what you mentioned.. nothing.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Then explain me this: How the hell did De Bruyne manage to set a league on fire where the main defensive tactic against his team was to take him out of the game, which led to enourmous space for his team mates (one of the reasons he was so valuable for them) because he was at least doubled most of the time? You say he can´t handle early pressure, when it was exactly that what he faced the whole last season in a league which uses way more collective pressing systems than the EPL. It was a freaking offgame vs. a well organised defense. Can´t believe he is written off because of that. If something like this would happen over in Bluemoon, this whole forum would be laughing.
Please stop talking sense dammit!

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
I didn't like his performance against Sevilla either, very clumsy despite the late goal.
Thought he was very good against Sevilla personally, by far City's most dangerous player even before his goal.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
I'm glad someone else said it. United did a very good job of preventing de Bruyne from drifting inside and kept him pinned on the right hand side. Rojo handled him very well and individually de Bruyne just had a poor game. The reaction on here to one bad performance is laughable. He's been excellent for City and I have absolutely no doubt he will be a fantastic signing for us. Martial was the only attacking player yesterday who had a good performance, it was just that kind of game.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Could just be that it was an off day, I'm not saying it wasn't. It could also be that he worked best with the team built around him at Wolfsburg, which it won't be at City most of the time. But he was shut down very easily by Rojo. And it's different being the main man for Wolfsburg and being targeted as the main man for City I think. He played in the middle for the most part at Wolfsburg didn't he? At City he's playing as a winger more or less who cuts inside. He hasn't seemed to comfortable going down the line. It's how people shut down Mata, Silva, Ozil whenever they play wide. On their day they can destroy you of course, but there is a very clear way to neutralize them as well. And I don't think De Bruyne is as naturally gifted as Mata/Silva/Ozil (though he's much better physically and has a good shot from range).

We'll see how he does. He's a very good player, but I don't think he's on the level of Silva/Hazard/Sanchez or Aguero, or has the potential to get there. He's more on the level beneath them, which is still great of course, just not world class.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Indeed and there seems to be nonsense like this in every other thread on here these days - knee jerkism at its most extreme.

Apparently we should be replacing Rooney with Jamie Vardy now don't you know?

Treble

De Bruyne was poor yesterday but it would be naive to draw conclusions from his performance. He played a lot recently (including two games for Belgium) and his best position isn't on the wing(s). He's far better as a No 10. City didn't want to play only with Toure and Fernandinho in CM, therefore they played De Bruyne on the wing. Thus they were more solid in defense but toothless in attack. City played the same formation against Spurs and were very poor going forward even with Aguero up front. De Bruyne has had an outstanding start of his career at City and I expect him to be one of the top 3 players of the season, if not the player of the season in EPL. Watch this space.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
He is still young and he will learn a lot from David Silva, who I believe is one of the best creative midfielder around. You can already see how talented he is and when he matures and gain more experiences he will be one heck of a footballer.

We did not get to see much of that talent against United because of the cautious approach in City's gameplan. However, when we meet again at City's home I feel our defense will not be so comfortable.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
His crossing is excellent. He put two pinpoint balls into Yaya who fecked both up.
That cushioned header was a thing of beauty also. Not his best game by any means but some quality in parts.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Obvious statement alert, also one that has been said thousands of times already I know but Chelsea letting him go was bonkers. Quality player.

thepolice123

Could just be that it was an off day, I'm not saying it wasn't. It could also be that he worked best with the team built around him at Wolfsburg, which it won't be at City most of the time. But he was shut down very easily by Rojo. And it's different being the main man for Wolfsburg and being targeted as the main man for City I think. He played in the middle for the most part at Wolfsburg didn't he? At City he's playing as a winger more or less who cuts inside. He hasn't seemed to comfortable going down the line. It's how people shut down Mata, Silva, Ozil whenever they play wide. On their day they can destroy you of course, but there is a very clear way to neutralize them as well. And I don't think De Bruyne is as naturally gifted as Mata/Silva/Ozil (though he's much better physically and has a good shot from range).

We'll see how he does. He's a very good player, but I don't think he's on the level of Silva/Hazard/Sanchez or Aguero, or has the potential to get there. He's more on the level beneath them, which is still great of course, just not world class.
TBF he had little support and the midfield was very congested. Fernando and Fernandinho were focused on shutting down our midfield while Toure was his usual lazy self. Bony had a decent game but the Smalling-Jones combo was too much for him. I thought Valencia had a great game on the right, Sterling had to track back constantly to support Kolarov and that severely negated his attacking play.

I thought he looked dangerous on the rare occasions when he combined with Sterling on the right but overall it was a game to forget. He's just not someone who can create chances with his dribbling. Rojo utterly destroyed him when he had no choice but to take on him, and Rojo pretty difficult to beat in 1 v 1 situations.

NoPace

De Bruyne is a great player and I was pleased that Citeh didn't just take off Yaya for Navas and play De Bruyne as the 10 where he could make one of those incredible passes on the counter he did so often for Wolfsburg.

Not got the pace to be a great winger, but he'll do very well until Silva goes back to Spain and then will have the team built around him.

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
That's what I've been thinking. He's gotten goals and a few assists. His numbers are good but his actual play has been below what I'd expected to the point where it hasn't been particularly impressive.
Absolutely nuts. He's been a level above the majority when he's been on the pitch, an absolute joy to watch all around. If you think he's got lots more to offer then he'll be the stand out player in the league come the end of the season, he's been excellent already - the best signing we've made by far since Aguero. You'd happily build a team around this lad, and we will.

Tarrou

I didn't see the Sevilla game, but aside from yesterday every time I've seen him (4 games since he joined) he's been fecking brilliant.

Yesterday City were quite negative and he didn't have a lot of movement ahead of him so playing on the right didn't work. He was poor, but still had a couple of classy moments. That cushioned pass to Sterling was quality.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
A player joins a new club in a new league (I don't count his short Chelsea spell as real PL experience) without any minute of preseason or friendlies with his new club. Plays 10 matches, scores 5 goals and assists another 5.
Get's described as "Yeah, got good numbers but average play overall".
I swear football fan analysis gets worse and worse every day.

El Jefe

I honestly can't believe some are questioning his quality just because of Sunday's match. All it shows is some United fans are pretty immature and unable to judge City players objectively. Its similar to writing Martial off just because he had an average game against Arsenal.

This lad is the real deal and one of the most well rounded attackers in world football.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
This guy is fecking mint, lets just hope he doesn't grow Silva/Aguero loyalty and leaves them for PSG next year :D

Someone

Something
He's a brilliant player, credit to rojo for doing a good job on him, but overall he's been terrific for city.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
Hahaha, he scores a goal "De Bruyne worth every penny", "De Bruyne among the best players in the world", "..."

He has a quiet game: "De Bruyne not even worth 10m", "...",

Always judging from game to game... You guys are ridiculous. :lol:

Same for everything... If Klopp will win a game "What a manager!", if he lose "Klopp the Flopp".... :lol:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Hahaha, he scores a goal "De Bruyne worth every penny", "De Bruyne among the best players in the world", "..."

He has a quiet game: "De Bruyne not even worth 10m", "...",

Always judging from game to game... You guys are ridiculous. :lol:

Same for everything... If Klopp will win a game "What a manager!", if he lose "Klopp the Flopp".... :lol:
Welcome to the world of e-muppets. :)