Kevin De Bruyne

BarstoolProphet

I think the reaction to him starting tonight in this thread is testament to his ability and how good he's been this season. Quite a lot of bitterness because he's not actually being injured for a while courtesy of some shithouse challenge.

I think it's more the fact that he got stretchered off followed by a complete media frenzy afterwards that causes the reaction on here when he miraculously recovered in a few days. I'm glad he's not injured and it was a pathetic excuse for a tackle but was the tackle deserving of the drama that ensued? I mean, you could easily argue that the tackle on Lingard yesterday was more dangerous and malicious than Puncheon's. But he didn't need to be stretchered off nor is he close to having a big name like KdB so it doesn't get mentioned.

Sigma

I think the reaction to him starting tonight in this thread is testament to his ability and how good he's been this season. Quite a lot of bitterness because he's not actually being injured for a while courtesy of some shithouse challenge.
It really wasn't that bad a tackle, I don't know why everyone was outraged by it. Standard tactical foul, yellow card.

Rajma

Holy shit, listen to his voice breaking into that weird shout/whine thing.

Imagine being a woman and hearing that tone in an argument...

I can understand how his missus ran off to the calming, dulcet tones of Courtois - who, in comparison to squeaky Kev sounds like Barry White.
:lol:

manfoot

Supports
Citu
Point is Puncheon is actually injured, while de Bruyne was just faking the rolling around as is obviously instructed or encouraged by your manager, as it's a constant feature of this current Citeh side.

Off goes the City biased media on tangents about protecting poor Kev, when he was actually totally fine.
How can you come to the conclusion that he was faking injury? If he wasnt hurt I'm pretty sure that he would love to take the resulting free kick instead of making his team go down to ten men. Makes no sense really.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
How can you come to the conclusion that he was faking injury? If he wasnt hurt I'm pretty sure that he would love to take the resulting free kick instead of making his team go down to ten men. Makes no sense really.
So you're saying he was injured and then got better really quickly to start a game 48 hours later...?

Or that he thought he was injured, but it turned out he was actually totally fine to start a game 48 hours later?

Or that one of guardiola's 'special doctors' thought he was injured to the point he had to leave the pitch on a stretcher with a fecking splint, only to get back to the dressing room and realize he was totally fine?

Rajma

It was obvious plot by Pep doctors to create a drama and perception - watch out in the upcoming games players to get carded for every foul on De Bruyne.

manfoot

Supports
Citu
So you're saying he was injured and then got better really quickly to start a game 48 hours later...?

Or that he thought he was injured, but it turned out he was actually totally fine to start a game 48 hours later?

Or that one of guardiola's 'special doctors' thought he was injured to the point he had to leave the pitch on a stretcher with a fecking splint, only to get back to the dressing room and realize he was totally fine?
I think that he wasn't injured as he can play tonight but he was clearly very hurt and may have thought that he was serious injured.

DRM

It was obvious plot by Pep doctors to create a drama and perception - watch out in the upcoming games players to get carded for every foul on De Bruyne.
This! You wouldn't be able to breath on De Brunye now without the referee blowing up

BlueSingh

Supports
Manchester City
Hilarious how all the fat armchair fans who have never kicked a ball in their life suddenly become expert on injury protocols and knocks taken on the field.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Hilarious how all the fat armchair fans who have never kicked a ball in their life suddenly become expert on injury protocols and knocks taken on the field.
It was the leg brace. You rarely see that for a player who is fit two days later.

BlueSingh

Supports
Manchester City
It was the leg brace. You rarely see that for a player who is fit two days later.
It was a precaution as explained. I don't get why would you want your best player to fake an injury just to prove a point at the most crucial part of the game and when the result isnt going as planned, talk about delusion.

Sylar

KDB sounded like Brock Lesnar in that video. Maybe KDB needs an advocate so that he never has to talk again.

Oooh_aaah_cantona

The uproar over that tackle is seriously hilarious. Just a standard tactical trip gone wrong. Yellow, maybe red for some referees, but never an injury causing tackle.

Must have gone like “I’m hurt!!! Aarggg... put me on a stretcher “

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Holy shit, listen to his voice breaking into that weird shout/whine thing.

Imagine being a woman and hearing that tone in an argument...

I can understand how his missus ran off to the calming, dulcet tones of Courtois - who, in comparison to squeaky Kev sounds like Barry White
:lol::lol::lol:

There is a fine line between taking precautions and being blatant pussies.

Baby Groot

Sounds like crying wolf to me, I predict no one will bat an eylid when something serious actually happens. If he's going to get carried off on stretches every single time at slightest knock.

Cadillac

Sounds like crying wolf to me, I predict no one will bat an eylid when something serious actually happens. If he's going to get carried off on stretches every single time at slightest knock.
You do realise he wasn't taken of on a stretcher? That was Gabriel Jesus.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Darwin award for Puncheon, serves him right.

Guess KDB's demise was greatly exaggerated though.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Taking a thread off topic
Everyone laughing over his missus.

I'm sure the way he bent united over in the last couple of old trafford derbies was more impressive than anything courtois did to his wife.

twitter thread suggester

I'm sure the way he bent united over in the last couple of old trafford derbies was more impressive than anything courtois did to his wife.
You go gurl!

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons

I don't think our fans were impressed with his cock as his wife was with Curtois' tbf.