Kevin De Bruyne

iHicksy

Why do city’s good players go there and then never leave!
Get to play under the best manager in the world. You'll learn more about tactics playing under a Pep/Bielsa than anywhere else.
Best facilities in the world pretty much.
Two wages.
Guaranteed to win the league every other year and play in the prem.

It's pretty much the best place to be if you're a player.

markhughes

Is that luck or good management?

I think City have some of the sharpest minds in football running things. We recruit players with good temperaments on purpose. It's a huge part of the scouting process for us.
It is good management for sure, I work as a senior manager and have built several great teams over the years, temperament and communication skills are the first thing I look for despite it being it being a highly technical industry (software).

City are clearly good at attracting talent, keeping the players engaged and also finding the right characters to fit in their team initially, credit where credit is due.

RoyH1

I wonder what the supplementary wage package in Abu Dhabi is like? It's crazy that players in their prime can leave the likes of Bayern, Juventus, Barcelona and Manchester United, but never Man City.

adexkola

Arsenal supporter
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I wonder what the supplementary wage package in Abu Dhabi is like? It's crazy that players in their prime can leave the likes of Bayern, Juventus, Barcelona and Manchester United, but never Man City.
What players in their prime are you referring to?

RoyH1

What players in their prime are you referring to?
Toni Kroos, Neymar, Cristiano Ronaldo etc...etc...Pogba would have also left us for Madrid if we hadn't put our foot down and told his agent to bring in silly money.
But this never happens to City. And please, don't tell me the fairy tale about their 'world class facilities', as if other big clubs trained in gravel pits.

adexkola

Arsenal supporter
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Toni Kroos, Neymar, Cristiano Ronaldo etc...etc...Pogba would have also left us for Madrid if we hadn't put our foot down and told his agent to bring in silly money.
But this never happens to City. And please, don't tell me the fairy tale about their 'world class facilities', as if other big clubs trained in gravel pits.
There are mitigating factors for all of those. Does Sane count as a top player?

I don't think players care about whether a club has history or not.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Whereas all Liverpool's players were childhood LFC fans, and would gladly pay for the privilege of playing there, yeah?
Nah it's mostly your own star players like KDB and Aguero who were childhood Liverpool fans.

Let's face it, 99% of the footballers don't have strong club feelings towards one particular club. The main reason players stay at City is because the money and because it's almost impossible for them to make a step up both in wages and in team performance wise (only Madrid and Barca). Same goes for Liverpool right now, however we have historically not been able to keep our best players before Klopp came around (Owen, Alonso, Mascherano, Torres, Suarez, ...). Both because we sucked back then and because the money was way, way better elsewhere.

meneillosRC

Supports
Barcelona
I'm sure everyone has seen this many times but I'd somehow escaped it until this morning:

:lol:
:lol:

How can people who are paid to talk about football be so embarrassingly wrong? And this is just an example too, many of them are categorically and demonstrably wrong in most of their opinions, and are still offered work

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
It never happen at City because no one really wanted any of their players. These guys barely perform in CL Kompany, Aguero and Silva have been lacklustre in this competition. With regards to Aguero RM have had Benzema for over a decade now, Barcelona had Eto’o, Ibra, Villa, Suarez and Messi false 9 for the past decade Bayern aren’t going to spend that kind of money on Aguero, same goes for Silva, Madrid Modric, Isco, Kroos, Ozil over the years, Barcelona Xavi, Inesita, Fabregas, Rakitic. Bayern, Kroos, Thiago and Kimmich. The only option is PSG, that’s why there players don’t leave.

copen1945

This extension confirms him as a mercenary. He has never challenged himself in a proper club like United.

Peter Parker's Mask

Supports
Manchester City
Nah it's mostly your own star players like KDB and Aguero who were childhood Liverpool fans.

Let's face it, 99% of the footballers don't have strong club feelings towards one particular club. The main reason players stay at City is because the money and because it's almost impossible for them to make a step up both in wages and in team performance wise (only Madrid and Barca). Same goes for Liverpool right now, however we have historically not been able to keep our best players before Klopp came around (Owen, Alonso, Mascherano, Torres, Suarez, ...). Both because we sucked back then and because the money was way, way better elsewhere.
Nice swerve.

Hammondo

We would need offers first if we wanted to sell him.

dinostar77

This is fascinating and im wondering if it will become a new trend at contract renewal time by the players camp. For some players this will be a benefit for others, they should probably take a paycut (looking at Martial).

Kevin De Bruyne uses data analysts to broker £83m Man City contract without agent.

".....De Bruyne commissioned data analysts to assess his influence at City and how well they are set up for success in the coming years, based on the age and qualities of the current squad....."

"......De Bruyne was able to show City, through data collected, his enduring value to the team as their most influential player, and used this to negotiate a significant pay-rise under the terms of the new deal...."

Story source is a tabloid, but The Athletic have published something similar (but im not a subscriber to that so its behind a paywall).

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
This is fascinating and im wondering if it will become a new trend at contract renewal time by the players camp. For some players this will be a benefit for others, they should probably take a paycut (looking at Martial).

Kevin De Bruyne uses data analysts to broker £83m Man City contract without agent.

".....De Bruyne commissioned data analysts to assess his influence at City and how well they are set up for success in the coming years, based on the age and qualities of the current squad....."

"......De Bruyne was able to show City, through data collected, his enduring value to the team as their most influential player, and used this to negotiate a significant pay-rise under the terms of the new deal...."

Story source is a tabloid, but The Athletic have published something similar (but im not a subscriber to that so its behind a paywall).
I could be wrong but I believe this is typically pretty standard and falls under the remit of any half decent agent - it's more notable that KdB doesn't have an agent and so was doing this sort of thing himself.

Leeuw

Supports
Sporting CP
I could be wrong but I believe this is typically pretty standard and falls under the remit of any half decent agent - it's more notable that KdB doesn't have an agent and so was doing this sort of thing himself.
Kevin had problems with his former manager, I think the case has yet go to court. Kevin you can compare him with Bruno is a loyal player, if the team performs and competes with the best why change if you and you're family is happy at a club. He has a coach he likes and that wants to play positive football, in the youth he choose Genk above of Anderlecht because in the youth they had a better football style then the other. And last he had a terrible time at chelsea with an idiot as a manager who choose players like Oscar above him. A manager like that wouldn't get a chance of being manager of city. Too bad that the Glazers saw something in that manager.

Kompany, Silva good players but I don't think that those players could go to an even better team, Kevin I think he would be a plus at every club with a fair manager.

Blue on Tour

Supports
Man City
The supplementary is about £5m per year. Of course it is well hidden. Must boil your piss to be outspent by liddle citeh. You should try hiding you accounts offshore.......oh wait.