Kevin De Bruyne

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
So you both think he was on the level of Michel Platini?(my last post on this topic as we've got waaay OT)

Thunderhead

Supports
City
So you both think he was on the level of Michel Platini?(my last post on this topic as we've got waaay OT)
I don't know, I only really saw Platini on grainy WC footage, but from older people I respect they would say he definitely was

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
No way Keegan was in the same level as Platini, Dalglish can't say nothing, but doubt any of the 2 performed at the same level Platini between 1982 and 1986

Last edited:

Treble

I somehow doubt that Dalglish was as good as Platini. Platini had a better goal-scoring record despite palying in his peak years in Seria A and was nothing short of exceptional during Euro '84: 9 goals in 5 games. On top of it, he was a sublime creator, arguably in top 3 of the best European passers of the ball ever.

Career totall:

Dalglish: 336 goals in 824 games
Platini: 312 goals in 580 games

Charlton, Law and Best weren't ignored for Ballon d'Or, there wasn't an anti-British sentiment back in the 60s, why would there be in the 70s when English clubs were on the up?

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I somehow doubt that Dalglish was as good as Platini. Platini had a better goal-scoring record despite palying in his peak years in Seria A and was nothing short of exceptional during Euro '84: 9 goals in 5 games. On top of it, he was a sublime creator, arguably in top 3 of the best European passers of the ball ever.

Career totall:

Dalglish: 336 goals in 824 games
Platini: 312 goals in 580 games

Charlton, Law and Best weren't ignored for Ballon d'Or, there wasn't an anti-British sentiment back in the 60s, why would there be in the 70s when English clubs were on the up?
Hooliganism blighted English sides and the perception of the players greatly during the late 70's and 80's and there was pretty much a blanket boycott against them, which came to a head with the ban. Sorta like how England could have the same person performing the same [winning] song in Eurovision and get a tenth of the points for it.

Platini's own disdain for English football stems from this also.

Mark Wuhlberg

Supports
Manchester City
Please stop. Peak Wayne Rooney was never in the same conversation as a potential Ballon D’or winners nor actual winners.

If KDB continues this trajectory, he’s miles ahead of Rooney.

Time will tell.
Maybe but there's some injustice being done to Rooney imo, he was a fantastic player especially in his early to mid-20s.

Classical Mechanic

If KDB leads City to CL glory then he could win the Ballon D'Or. You simply have to perform at the sharp end of that competition to win that award. The only thing that might stop him in that case is the season Messi is having and the sentiment and respect the voters have for him.

Guys like Neymar, Ronaldo, even Kane (think Spurs are a dark horse for the CL) could still win it if they do the business in the CL too.

I expect KDB to finish in the top 7 whatever happens from here on out

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Fairly sure what he’s doing this season, which is incredible, is going to put him in the conversation for it.

I used to think this place was somewhat objective. It’s utterly ridiculous now.
Same conversation as Messi? Not a chance. He's more likely in tht same converation as Hazard and Salah regarding the PLs best.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Same conversation as Messi? Not a chance. He's more likely in tht same converation as Hazard and Salah regarding the PLs best.
he's definitely looking like one of the more likely to win it when Messi is past his peak. He seems to get far more hype than Hazard over his performances, too. But yeah, while Messi is still playing like this he should be nowhere near it.

Red Stone

Does anyone deliver a final ball better than him? He can play any type of pass or cross with frightening accuracy, and with both feet.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Does anyone deliver a final ball better than him? He can play any type of pass or cross with frightening accuracy, and with both feet.
He's done nothing we haven't seen Messi pull off to be honest. De Bruyne is more two-footed but Messi's final ball is just as accurate.

Fer

He gave the ball away for no reason and under no pressure whatsoever. What's up with him for Belgium?
Maybe because he is playing too deep. He should play as No.10 where he can assist Lukaku.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
For me KDB is better as a CAM where he is creative, mainly because he is not good defending.
Best ever season has come as part of a midfield three. He often needs to drop deep to find space .

Ainu

De Bruyne was god awful, among the worst I've ever seen him. A typical match for Belgium from him. Great assist though. Not sure about him, he's just so fecking lazy.

Ubermensch

De Bruyne is a better crosser and more two footed but Messi is the best final passer I've ever seen next to Laudrup and maybe prime ozil.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
He's done nothing we haven't seen Messi pull off to be honest. De Bruyne is more two-footed but Messi's final ball is just as accurate.
Don't think that I've ever seen Messi crossing with the outside of his foot.

BlueMoonOutcast

Rag in Disguise
Supports
Manchester City
De Bruyne was god awful, among the worst I've ever seen him. A typical match for Belgium from him. Great assist though. Not sure about him, he's just so fecking lazy.
I was looking for the white text but it looks like you forgot it. There has to be some right? There is no way this post was serious.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
I was looking for the white text but it looks like you forgot it. There has to be some right? There is no way this post was serious.
The post you quoted might be harsh, but do you think he had a good game? The assist was outrageous, but apart from that he was pretty meh. He's certainly capable of way better.

James Peril

Just not true at all. Did you see the checking he did before crossing for Lukaku when the defender miraculously managed to get it out for a corner? That’s the opposite of lazy

Ainu

Just not true at all. Did you see the checking he did before crossing for Lukaku when the defender miraculously managed to get it out for a corner? That’s the opposite of lazy
Lazy is perhaps not the word I was looking for. Nonchalant would be better suited.

CA1

Lazy isn't a word I'd associate with De Bruyne.

He's a great player but questions of his character and performance in big games are more relevant.

More pressure playing for Belgium and in the big European Games for City. I don't think we'd see the same De Bruyne if he had to endure the constant media pressure of playing for United, Real, Barca etc.

Fer

Best ever season has come as part of a midfield three. He often needs to drop deep to find space .
Agree. He is great in a midfield of 3... It's just a personal preference to see him with more freedom behind the striker.
Same with players like Eriksen, James or Isco. The latter is really good in a midfield of 3 (Real Madrid). But I prefer to see him play as a CAM like he plays for Spain.