Kevin Strootman

Status
Not open for further replies.

R'hllor

This might be far of reality but if he is broken and Roma wants to get rid,maybe we should take a risk and get him for real value money.Saying that,in that specific scenario i would get him as back up for main b2b midfielder.This way if he stays broken ...well money wasted(it would not be the first nor last time) but he wasnt the main buy anyway,on other hand we could gain a lot if he puts his injuries behind.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It's MEN. I have absolutely no doubt that Van Gaal hasn't even considered him for a long time if at all.

Strootman was a key player to him for the Netherlands... Because he had to pick Dutch players. Funnily enough, despite what a few bell ends might say, he doesn't have to pick only dutch players for United and has a much wider pool of midfielders to choose from.

That makes him one of many players he could choose from and considering he's a complete crock who may even have to retire, he will be pretty low on that list.

We will be linked to him all summer, because the press currently don't have a sniff of who we actually might be interested in as that's how we are operating now but we won't actually make any sort of move for him or "wait for him" at all. I'm happy to put money on that.

I also bet we sign our first option for the 8 position by July.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
It's MEN. I have absolutely no doubt that Van Gaal hasn't even considered him for a long time if at all.

Strootman was a key player to him for the Netherlands... Because he had to pick Dutch players. Funnily enough, despite what a few bell ends might say, he doesn't have to pick only dutch players for United and has a much wider pool of midfielders to choose from.

That makes him one of many players he could choose from and considering he's a complete crock who may even have to retire, he will be pretty low on that list.

We will be linked to him all summer, because the press currently don't have a sniff of who we actually might be interested in as that's how we are operating now but we won't actually make any sort of move for him or "wait for him" at all. I'm happy to put money on that.

I also bet we sign our first option for the 8 position by July.
Pogba.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Surely would be too much of a gamble for a summer transfer if he's only just off crutches

Bloedrood

Personally I'll be happy if he's back playing regularly and in form before Euro 2016.

NL Max

Dutch ITK, for reals
Two major injuries inside a calendar year... I wouldn't give Roma hardly anything, or tie all/most of the transfer fee to the player's appearances over the next x months.
There seems to be wrong information about Strootman.

He's had only 1 major injury, he tore his ACL which got reconstructed. He came back, started training ahead of schedule and even got some minutes on the pitch. He then felt something wasn't right, he didn't play after this and had a (don't know the correct translation, sorry!) look-operation? They found that nothing was wrong and that the reconstruction of his ACL succeeded, but in the same operation they also removed some scar tissue to make it easier for him in the long run. This means he's out untill pre-season, but there were no major complications.

He's on his way back and I doubt van Gaal has fully given up on him. Wether we're going to buy him? Not sure, I wouldn't put my money on it. He is exactly the type of player (pre-injury) van Gaal still wants to add to the selection. Currently we have no backup for Fellaini, someone who brings defensive balance. Strootman is that kind of player.

Ainu

Since when is Strootman a "world class" player, as in that MEN article? £40m or more? Piss off. There's no way we're signing him for any kind of big money this summer.

Bwuk

I'd be very very hesitant if we were interested in signing him.

He's obviously a talent, but his injuries the last year make me think it could be hard for him.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

He's had only 1 major injury, he tore his ACL which got reconstructed. He came back, started training ahead of schedule and even got some minutes on the pitch. He then felt something wasn't right, he didn't play after this and had a (don't know the correct translation, sorry!) look-operation? They found that nothing was wrong and that the reconstruction of his ACL succeeded, but in the same operation they also removed some scar tissue to make it easier for him in the long run. This means he's out untill pre-season, but there were no major complications.

He's on his way back and I doubt van Gaal has fully given up on him. Wether we're going to buy him? Not sure, I wouldn't put my money on it. He is exactly the type of player (pre-injury) van Gaal still wants to add to the selection. Currently we have no backup for Fellaini, someone who brings defensive balance. Strootman is that kind of player.
Good post. I think the term you're lookng for may be exploratory surgery.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

They found fresh cartridge damage from a knock he took in the Fiorentina game. "Removing scar tissue" might sound like a cute little clean up operation but in reality the more you have to take away from the knee the more potential there is for future issues.

I really don't see the club signing off on him.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
They found fresh cartridge damage from a knock he took in the Fiorentina game. "Removing scar tissue" might sound like a cute little clean up operation but in reality the more you have to take away from the knee the more potential there is for future issues.

I really don't see the club signing off on him.
Agree. Any player with a cruciate ligament injury has big chances his days at his top level are over. No way United gonna sanction this transfer, unless its free.

Status
Not open for further replies.