Khéphren Thuram

Unlikely lad

Lilian’s son (and Marcus’ brother).

First cap for France this international break and RMC suggest United (along with Liverpool and Newcastle) are keeping an eye one him for the summer. Guess SJR would never let it happen if the Qataris win.

Good at progressive carries, but his passing seems to be average at best. Any Caftards know if he's any good?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I think he will be better than his brother. Obviously different positions, but think he'll the more successful.

Il_Cecchino

Supports
Hellas Verona
Great physique and great technique. He is the next Yaya Touré.

L1nk

Feel like this guy would be elite in our midfield

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
His price is whatever our new owners say it is, rather!

jesperjaap

Noticed him a couple of seasons ago and looked a good player. But seeing Liverpool recently linekd and other press reports, looks like £50-60m. Dont know how he as developed this season but that looks pretty steep if true with other prices about

L1nk

L'Equipe saying Liverpool are looking to get him, and it wouldn't shock me because he'd be perfect for them, we need to snap this guy up but I just don't see it happening unfortunately

croadyman

L'Equipe saying Liverpool are looking to get him, and it wouldn't shock me because he'd be perfect for them, we need to snap this guy up but I just don't see it happening unfortunately
Him and Mac Allister whilst we get Mount and Rabiot. Not against the latter but where is the playmaker we desperately need

redIndianDevil

Our fan base will say there is no other talent apart from Mount and rabiot but other clubs seems to find them.

I’m not saying this guy is going to be the next big thing but we always seem to go after the most obvious of talents. What is our scouting or data team doing??

jesperjaap

Our fan base will say there is no other talent apart from Mount and rabiot but other clubs seems to find them.

I’m not saying this guy is going to be the next big thing but we always seem to go after the most obvious of talents. What is our scouting or data team doing??
Ive not really watched French football that much this season, but beyong CAmavinga and Caqueret who are/were both perfect for us in my opinion and really stood out, was mentionign Thuram as one looked very promising.

He mmust have developed a lot as was talk of him moving for £20-25m which was a bargain.....but now the talk a year later is of £60m odd. Think he could be a good player, but that fee seems sky high for the French league to me....would think CAqueret would be closer to half that fee and before this season gone anyway, definately for me the better player....still dont understand why nobody was in for him, same with Giouri who looks a top player up front I have liek dfor ages....stayedd in Frace and not watched Rennes much this season but he seems to be doing well, think its far too untapped the Frech league, there are good signings for virtually every position we need at a fraction of the cost of players we are constantly linek dwith

redIndianDevil

Ive not really watched French football that much this season, but beyong CAmavinga and Caqueret who are/were both perfect for us in my opinion and really stood out, was mentionign Thuram as one looked very promising.

He mmust have developed a lot as was talk of him moving for £20-25m which was a bargain.....but now the talk a year later is of £60m odd. Think he could be a good player, but that fee seems sky high for the French league to me....would think CAqueret would be closer to half that fee and before this season gone anyway, definately for me the better player....still dont understand why nobody was in for him, same with Giouri who looks a top player up front I have liek dfor ages....stayedd in Frace and not watched Rennes much this season but he seems to be doing well, think its far too untapped the Frech league, there are good signings for virtually every position we need at a fraction of the cost of players we are constantly linek dwith
Exactly. There is plenty of talent for midfield across the world if you properly scout. Why we weren’t in for Bruno Guimaraes I’ll never know. He is exactly the midfielder we needed and still need and Newcastle signed him so cheap without any competition.

Even now people are defending the move for Mason Mount. Even City managed to sign Akanji for so cheap

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
Exactly. There is plenty of talent for midfield across the world if you properly scout. Why we weren’t in for Bruno Guimaraes I’ll never know. He is exactly the midfielder we needed and still need and Newcastle signed him so cheap without any competition.

Even now people are defending the move for Mason Mount. Even City managed to sign Akanji for so cheap
Was Akandji not linked with us?

We don’t really do much business with French clubs compared to other top clubs. We tend to go after French players abroad.

Wonder why.

Ludens the Red

The million dollar question since 2013…

Tarrou

huh? nobody has ever said that in the history of everything

Gordon S

Pretty sure they are doing their job?

We had our former North America scout telling this story about sending glowing reports about this young left back he´d found there, Alphonso Davies. He urged the club to go for him but the higher ups said no.
I´m sure our scouts are no worse than any other clubs, it´s the guys higher up the chain that makes these decision that have different thoughts.
Their dicks gets hard when big names like Schweinsteiger, Falcao, Di Maria, Zlatan, Alexis, Ronaldo gets available.

So surprised that we actually went for guys like Pellistri and Amad, type of signings i would like to see more of. Pellistri might not make it here, but i am sure we could get a decent amount of money for him if sold. Amad had a great season in the championship and has an outside chance of actually becoming a regular in the first team, and if not we could sell for good money.

avgp_1

Caqueret would suit us better. Khephren is more similar to Bellingham, a box to box with a great feet

bringbackbebe

We had our former North America scout telling this story about sending glowing reports about this young left back he´d found there, Alphonso Davies. He urged the club to go for him but the higher ups said no.
I´m sure our scouts are no worse than any other clubs, it´s the guys higher up the chain that makes these decision that have different thoughts.
Their dicks gets hard when big names like Schweinsteiger, Falcao, Di Maria, Zlatan, Alexis, Ronaldo gets available.

So surprised that we actually went for guys like Pellistri and Amad, type of signings i would like to see more of. Pellistri might not make it here, but i am sure we could get a decent amount of money for him if sold. Amad had a great season in the championship and has an outside chance of actually becoming a regular in the first team, and if not we could sell for good money.
This seems to be an apt summary of our state of affairs over the last 10 years. It's not for lack of scouting but lack of interest on the footballing side from the higher ups compared to the commercial side. Hopefully that's changing.

Mainoldo

Hope he goes Liverpool we can see what the fuss is about.

I remember people on here going crazy about Koopmeiners… Now you’d think he retired from football. :lol:

Mainoldo

This seems to be an apt summary of our state of affairs over the last 10 years. It's not for lack of scouting but lack of interest on the footballing side from the higher ups compared to the commercial side. Hopefully that's changing.
It’s not changing at all. The have a philosophy and it doesn’t involve these type of players.

We tried it and one is on loan to Sunderland the other has played around 5 games this season.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
It’s not changing at all. The have a philosophy and it doesn’t involve these type of players.

We tried it and one is on loan to Sunderland the other has played around 5 games this season.
What’s wrong with being on loan to Sunderland? Why exclude Garnacho?

Mainoldo

What’s wrong with being on loan to Sunderland? Why exclude Garnacho?
He’s not in our first time after buying him 2 years ago.

We can include Garnacho.. we signed him as a promising youth prospect with the hope he could make it to the first team in years to come.

Touchwood he’s done that.

We need first team players who are ready now.. that’s why we sign who we sign. It was the same decision that seen us not buy Camavinga.

Gordon S

Hope he goes Liverpool we can see what the fuss is about.

I remember people on here going crazy about Koopmeiners… Now you’d think he retired from football. :lol:
Not sure if the laughing emoji is necessary?

Koopmeiners are one of the first names on the teamsheet for a fairly strong Atalanta side, seems to be doing very well there, and still only 25.
Would not be surprised if the bigger clubs in europe kept him on his radar.

Mainoldo

Not sure if the laughing emoji is necessary?

Koopmeiners are one of the first names on the teamsheet for a fairly strong Atalanta side, seems to be doing very well there, and still only 25.
Would not be surprised if the bigger clubs in europe kept him on his radar.
We need a midfielder and nobody has mentioned him in here.

The chest isn’t Chesting like 3 years ago.

top1whoisman

Scout

We can include Garnacho.. we signed him as a promising youth prospect with the hope he could make it to the first team in years to come.

We need first team players who are ready now.. that’s why we sign who we sign. It was the same decision that seen us not buy Camavinga.
Plenty of young players who go on to be successful at their clubs are on loan two years after they signed. It’s part of their development. It’s actually a great sign that we bought a player who was one of the best attacking players in Championship at 20 years of age.

Pellistri starts for Uruguay, so not a bad signing in my opinion. Whether he becomes a regular here or elsewhere remains to be seen.

We’ve signed plenty of first team players who are ready now. Licha, Casemiro & Eriksen last summer, Varane the year before etc.

Cloud7

This has worked out brilliantly for us over the last decade hasn't it? Perhaps we need to re think this approach

Mainoldo

Plenty of young players who go on to be successful at their clubs are on loan two years after they signed. It’s part of their development. It’s actually a great sign that we bought a player who was one of the best attacking players in Championship at 20 years of age.

Pellistri starts for Uruguay, so not a bad signing in my opinion. Whether he becomes a regular here or elsewhere remains to be seen.

We’ve signed plenty of first team players who are ready now. Licha, Casemiro & Eriksen last summer, Varane the year before etc.
You know when people just miss the point. Okay so we need a CM for next season. Shall we just sign a Amad type who will be ready in 2026 then?

Mainoldo

This has worked out brilliantly for us over the last decade hasn't it? Perhaps we need to re think this approach
True we could just stop it and build a nice PRocess catch line about how we are building a team to challenge the league and Europe in 3 years time and for fans to be patient.

top1whoisman

Scout
You know when people just miss the point. Okay so we need a CM for next season. Shall we just sign a Amad type who will be ready in 2026 then?
Don’t know, you brought up ”the point” by referring Amad and Pellistri in the discussion. To which I replied.

Last edited:

Mainoldo

Don’t know, you brought up ”the point” by referring Amad and Pellistri in the discussion. To which I replied.
Highlighting a generic point of why we don’t sign these type of players more often. The answer is the managers needs for them to be ready for the first team as soon as they sign.

redIndianDevil

huh? nobody has ever said that in the history of everything
Look at the Rabiot and Mount transfer threads. All the people defending these moves say that there isn't much midfield talent available at the moment.

redIndianDevil

I've never heard of the Davies story. If true that's a sackable offence IMO. We have to stop this nonsense of asking managers to choose players. All the managers have to do is give a profile of what they need not who they need. It obvious that EtH has knowledge about other talents apart from the ones he works with or sees, his knowledge is going to be very much limited.

Yes when we signed Amad I thought things were changing a bit but here we are back to being shit again.

redIndianDevil

Highlighting a generic point of why we don’t sign these type of players more often. The answer is the managers needs for them to be ready for the first team as soon as they sign.
No one is asking us to sign 16-18 year olds to solve our midfield problem. It's the lack of unimaginative signings who are ready for the first team that we are discussing about.