Kiko Macheda

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead

prateik

Kiko has said many times he wants to make it at united and realizes he is very young and has time.
He has also mentioned Welbeck and how he improved by going out on loan.

I dont think he will be a hurry to leave united permanently.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
I'm not 100% convinced it's a loan either..the headlines point to it, as well as our expectations, but the quotes seem a little sus.

"I spoke to Ferguson last week, and Macheda will play somewhere else in January"

Pretty strange that his agent wouldn't even mention the fact it was a loan, if it was.
So you think that the media have deliberately downplayed the story?

Given any opportunity they would have used the headline "United ready to dump Macheda". As they are aware of the full context of the quotes I doubt they would un-sensationalise the headline for no obvious reason.

People need to stop over analysing second hand quotes from non-native speakers, reported by shoddy reporters.

I'll cut my left testicle and eat it if we sell him in January.

I won't really, but my decision not to do so has nothing to do with our CL exit.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Kiko has said many times he wants to make it at united and realizes he is very young and has time.
He has also mentioned Welbeck and how he improved by going out on loan.

I dont think he will be a hurry to leave united permanently.
Rossi yearns for United chance

Giuseppe Rossi has spoken of his desire to stake a first-team claim at Manchester United next season.

The 20-year-old striker was loaned out to Newcastle at the start of last season before joining Parma, where he enjoyed a good run in their side.

"It is all a bit confusing at the moment," Rossi said. "All I will say is that my main goal is what it always has been - to cut it with Manchester United."

Rossi's goalscoring exploits at Parma have caught the attention of other Serie A clubs but he does not want that to divert his attention from his primary aim. "Joining Juventus is just talk. I've read about it once or twice but it's not on my mind," he added.
He left permanently about 4 weeks later.

Macheda has had a loan move already and it was pretty unsuccessful. I think he's ready to find himself a club where he's promised games and will try to build a career from there.

He really needs a lot more football. He's stagnated in his development while others have progressed. We know he's a very capable finisher with good physique for a striker. Macheda is potentially gonna be brilliant but I have my doubts whether he will achieve that level here.

So I hope he get's a decent loan in England and reminds everyone what he's about, otherwise there may not be a place for him when he returns. We know Fergie likes a gamble on promising young strikers. Furthermore we let Giuseppe Rossi go after all and his ability seems greater.

Anderson8

So you think that the media have deliberately downplayed the story?

Given any opportunity they would have used the headline "United ready to dump Macheda". As they are aware of the full context of the quotes I doubt they would un-sensationalise the headline for no obvious reason.

People need to stop over analysing second hand quotes from non-native speakers, reported by shoddy reporters.

I'll cut my left testicle and eat it if we sell him in January.

I won't really, but my decision not to do so has nothing to do with our CL exit.
All I know is that I was supposed to be reading an article about Macheda going out on loan, but the feeling I got reading it was that the content didn't match the headline.

Whether that was lost in translation or whatever. Yeah, maybe. But I'm just pointing out what I felt.

prateik

Rossi was more ready for first team action. He had a successful loan spell at Parma and still wasnt going to be in the first team squad.

Kiko has said, more than once, that his loan in Italy didnt go well and he doesnt want to go back. He also said he knows he is young and mentioned Welbeck and how a good loan spell can improve a player.

I dont think it's the same as the Rossi scenario.

That said, anything can happen. I just dont think he would push for a move in Jan.

Anderson8

Rossi was more ready for first team action. He had a successful loan spell at Parma and still wasnt going to be in the first team squad.

Kiko has said, more than once, that his loan in Italy didnt go well and he doesnt want to go back. He also said he knows he is young and mentioned Welbeck and how a good loan spell can improve a player.

That said, anything can happen. I just dont think he would push for a move in Jan.
I don't think he has, or will. If Kiko leaves it will be because Fergie doesn't think he's good enough. Games like the one against Palace recently are the times when we learn a lot about our young players, and that was exactly the kind of game where Fergie would of made his mind up about players.

ArmchairCritic

I don't think he has, or will. If Kiko leaves it will be because Fergie doesn't think he's good enough. Games like the one against Palace recently are the times when we learn a lot about our young players, and that was exactly the kind of game where Fergie would of made his mind up about players.
I'm certain SAF said in the aftermath of that game that the likes of Macheda need games, hinting at a potential loan spell.

Anderson8

I'm certain SAF said in the aftermath of that game that the likes of Macheda need games, hinting at a potential loan spell.
He did. That's what I'm expecting, too.

I'm just pointing out that if Macheda was to leave permanently, it wouldn't be because he wanted to, I don't think.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

There's nothing in that article about Welbeck which is what we're commenting on here, I think it's very comparable to Rossi seeing as Rossi had an unsuccessful loan spell at Newcastle and always made the right noises about wanting to make it at United despite finding himself behind Van Nistelrooy, Rooney, Saha, Solskjaer and Smith when it came to Premier League, Carling Cup and FA Cup games. Not very different to Macheda who has said the same things and still found himself behind Rooney, Berbatov, Owen and Welbeck is it?

The article I posted about Rossi is just 4 weeks before he left us, still saying he wanted to make it here.

Brophs

The One and Only
He needs to train on quite quickly, whether by means of going on loan or with us, as he's not looking like a United footballer at the moment. But given a run of 15-20 games somewhere else things might change.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Don't forget of the 7 (seven!) strikers we have, only Rooney & Welbeck are fit at the moment (and Welbeck only just), with Berbtov possibly available for the weekend, Owen & Chico still weeks or more away then you have Macheda & Diouf.

I can't see SAF selling Diouf and loaning Macheda until we have a all our strikers back tbh.

We're short on personnel...

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Patience Mockney, patience. I just think it was all a case of too much, too quick, I think he went from U18's to the First Team in a year. Get him on loan and get him playing week in, week out and he'll be alright.
No, he's going to be shit. I've decided. This will hopefully reverse jinx him. And if not, I'll have called it right. Win-win.

Kelvin

he do a rossi IMO and leave, no future with us, too little game time.

Ash_G

He hasn't developed as fast as we'd liked and I don't think he has enough to his game yet that we could send him somewhere decent and he'd play regularly enough to make it worthwhile. Hopefully if we can start to pick up the performances in the league than we can start bringing him on for twenty minutes here and there over this season and see what he can do for sustained periods with the first team. Whilst he hasn't been great in his senior performances so far this season I don't think he's been helped by playing in teams which are generally unbalanced and containing a lot of non-sharp players, some playing out of position. Surrounded by the first team players he might get actual opportunities to show what he can really do.

ArmchairCritic

No, he's going to be shit. I've decided. This will hopefully reverse jinx him. And if not, I'll have called it right. Win-win.
:lol:

Fair enough, he does worry me though with his uncanny ability to lose the ball to himself with no one around, that first touch needs some work.

Devil may care

He's lacking quite a bit but it would be silly to get rid of him without even seeing what a loan spell to a Prem club that would give him a lot of games could do for him.

Skholesy

I reckon all he needs is games - the problem has been that every time he's in the team he's played either out of position of in a patched up team.

He's shown in the past that when played in the first team - he gets goals; villa x2,chelsea, sunderland, he's had a few goals for us in his short career so far and is still only young.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Martinez hinting he may move for him in January, if it's presumably a loan deal that could be a very good move

Smores

Aye would be a very good move, no worse than what they currently have. That's one reason I don't want Wigan to go down, they're proximity and lack of cash makes them a perfect place to send our youngsters to get premier league experience.

Still I'd rather one of the midfield lads (Tunni, Pogba, Morrison) were sent there rather than Macheda.

Sojiro

Formerly MST3K
"Sometimes you're not sure about a player,&qu
Aye would be a very good move, no worse than what they currently have. That's one reason I don't want Wigan to go down, they're proximity and lack of cash makes them a perfect place to send our youngsters to get premier league experience.

Still I'd rather one of the midfield lads (Tunni, Pogba, Morrison) were sent there rather than Macheda.
Agree with the midfielders, also everton might not be a bad place to go for macheda seeing as they don't have many strikers and like to play one up top.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
So the question once again of what Fergies plans are for Macheda. He is giving him minutes possibly to sell him which I wouldn't be surprised to see, but I actually hope not.

Probably, he will never be good enough for us long term but I want us to give him another chance. He is young and a proven goal scorer.

SATA

I thought he did decently well today. Should get another run-out against Blackburn if we stroll into another 2 or 3 goal lead

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
So the question once again of what Fergies plans are for Macheda. He is giving him minutes possibly to sell him which I wouldn't be surprised to see, but I actually hope not.

Probably, he will never be good enough for us long term but I want us to give him another chance. He is young and a proven goal scorer.
Sold? No chance. Not yet.

Minkaro

Looked hungry when he came on, couple of occasions where he won the ball for us via hassling the Wigan defenders.

Jonno

How can people want Macheda sold? Do you presume he is 24/25? The experience he has under his belt at his age for us already is vital for future seasons

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I still don't know why he plays in so many games as a winger.

He's just a striker.
Just simply to give him minutes on the pitch.

Macheda's Twatter: "Playing in the wing is better than not playing. I found it very interested and very hard. But it's good cause I'm learning another position."

Skholesy

Much will depend on what happens in the summer, IMO - Berba, Owen and Diouf may all be gone, and we'll have to see what happens to Macheda. All likelihood, Berba will stay as our fourth choice, Macheda will go away on loan and look to replace berba long term - unless of course he fails in his development whilst on loan then i think he's gone too. He may not look too good now, but i remember that welbeck at times didn't do much for his cameos for us too out on the wings, went out to sunderland then came back a beast. So there is still hope for Macheda and his loan spell and development will hopefully turn him into a decent replacement for Berba.

Come of Freddie Mac, you can do it!

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Hmm... It's a tough one. I don't think he has enough about him to be a United striker currently, a couple of nice goals years ago doesn't change that.

He never seems to deliver when he starts matches. His all-around game is erratic. I don't think he's particularly slow or weak, got decent pace and strength, but his movement leaves a lot to be desired.

He's a fine finisher in the box, but needs people putting those chances on a plate for him. And he, more than anything, needs a run of games. But, getting him those would mean loaning him out, and I'm not sure he'd thrive in a Premier League-side struggling for points, as the out and out striker. It's quite a dilemma this one.

I'd say he won't make it if pressed, right now.

Edmeiste

Much will depend on what happens in the summer, IMO - Berba, Owen and Diouf may all be gone, and we'll have to see what happens to Macheda. All likelihood, Berba will stay as our fourth choice, Macheda will go away on loan and look to replace berba long term - unless of course he fails in his development whilst on loan then i think he's gone too. He may not look too good now, but i remember that welbeck at times didn't do much for his cameos for us too out on the wings, went out to sunderland then came back a beast. So there is still hope for Macheda and his loan spell and development will hopefully turn him into a decent replacement for Berba.

Come of Freddie Mac, you can do it!
I think we should be patient with Macheda and give him every chance. I've been guilty of writing off some of our young ones on occasion but the truth is they can surprise you and sometimes you just never know. I think there's enough talent in Kiko to keep him around and send on loan to get more experience. He's still only 20 and his best years are ahead of him. Totally different situation if he was putting in performances like this at the age of 25.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Get him on loan to another Premierleague team next season, then we'll see. He might come back just as good as Welbeck did, who knows.