Kiko Macheda

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Yes, you are. So am I.

He was on loan, and he's 24. Did Diouf impress you in Premier League playing for United? No.
What are your opinion on Macheda's chances then? You see, even assuming he enjoys a successfull loan spell at QPR now, getting some matches and goals under his belt, and assuming Owen is gone by the summer - what chance has he got of game time next season, up against the quartet of Rooney/Welbeck/Hernandez/Berbatov?

BaldwinLegend

Has he signed for QPR then?

Looking forward to seeing how it works out - I can somehow see him fitting in with the QPR squad and working well with Warnock but I wish he'd gone to Sunderland or Everton. He'd get a lot of chances at those two clubs, play every week and I'd rather he worked with Moyes or O'Neill than Warnock.

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
What are your opinion on Macheda's chances then? You see, even assuming he enjoys a successfull loan spell at QPR now, getting some matches and goals under his belt, and assuming Owen is gone by the summer - what chance has he got of game time next season, up against the quartet of Rooney/Welbeck/Hernandez/Berbatov?
Cleverley had spent 2.5 years on loan before he got his first appearance for United (days before his 22nd birthday). And we don't know how long Berbatov will be at United (I mean, January or June 2013).

I want to finish this silly discussion, because I have to prepare something to eat before the game, but I want you to tell me how has Diouf impressed you in the league so far.

marjen

Cleverley had spent 2.5 years on loan before he got his first appearances for United (days before his 22nd birthday). And we don't know how long Berbatov will be at United (I mean, January or June 2013).

I want to finish this silly discussion, because I have to prepare something to eat before the game, but I just want you to tell me how has Diouf impressed you in the league so far.
Not very much. Looks miles away from being a United-striker.

Which makes me worry a bit, since he's outperforming Macheda by quite a distance in the reserve matches I've managed to catch this season.

MUFCgal

:lol:

Where did that come from? Morrison has probably played about 90 minutes of first team football throughout his career. Macheda has been with the first team for three seasons, pretty much. From what I've seen of Morrison, which admittedly isn't much, he's got a long way to go before being ready to compete for a regular place and probably would benefit from a loan move(although his off-field record leaves a lot to be desired).

I'm not allowed to have an opinion on one of our players? Is it so farfetched for me to think that Macheda will struggle with breaking through in a team containing strikers with the quality of Rooney, Welbeck, Hernandez and Berbatov? Mame Biram Diouf has shown more at Premier League-level than him FFS.
Are you actually saying Diouf has shown more in the PL than Kiko?

Kiko's winner against Villa two years ago was worth it's weight in gold, because it put us back on track again and on our way to winning our 18th title (and going level with Liverpool).

I will admit that Kiko hasn't kicked on as much from then as we'd all hoped, but a good loan move will hopefully do him wonders.

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
Not very much. Looks miles away from being a United-striker.

Which makes me worry a bit, since he's outperforming Macheda by quite a distance in the reserve matches I've managed to catch this season.
So, you should have written that he had shown more than him at Premier Reserve League-level.

Ok, see you in this thread after his five appearances for QPR ;)

marjen

Are you actually saying Diouf has shown more in the PL than Kiko?

Kiko's winner against Villa two years ago was worth it's weight in gold, because it put us back on track again and on our way to winning our 18th title (and going level with Liverpool).

I will admit that Kiko hasn't kicked on as much from then as we'd all hoped, but a good loan move will hopefully do him wonders.
Yeah, but Diouf has played a season(and delivered decently) for Blackburn - Macheda's shown a few glimpses, but overall ha been disappointing when he's got his chances.

As I've explained, I just don't see enough about his game to make it here, and I don't think he's clinical or prolific enough to compensate.

marjen

So, you should have written that he had shown at Premier Reserve League-level.

Ok, see you in this thread after his five appearances for QPR ;)
Sigh.. Missing my point completely, but there you go. Have a nice dinner!

MUFCgal

Yeah, but Diouf has played a season(and delivered decently) for Blackburn - Macheda's shown a few glimpses, but overall ha been disappointing when he's got his chances.

As I've explained, I just don't see enough about his game to make it here, and I don't think he's clinical or prolific enough to compensate.
He needs to go and have a decent spell on loan, like Welbeck did. (And no, please don't count that Italian team he went to because that was useless).

If he goes to a decent PL club, like Welbeck did with Sunderland, and performs well then he deserves a chance back here.

BaldwinLegend

I reckon the Sampdoria loan set him back a bit - turned out to be a waste of time.

He'd have been far better off going to a Sunderland/QPR/Everton last season and getting confidence and goals in the PL...

marjen

He needs to go and have a decent spell on loan, like Welbeck did. (And no, please don't count that Italian team he went to because that was useless).

If he goes to a decent PL club, like Welbeck did with Sunderland, and performs well then he deserves a chance back here.
Diouf has had a spell at a PL club, and delivered quite well - but he's still far off getting a look in. Hell, even Berbatov's started only two this year, and he was top scorer last season!

Welbeck always has been the superior striker in my book - he's got the overall quality to his game, which could always be seen, even if he was raw. Macheda's shown that he's got a great finish in his locker, but he's severely lacking in pretty much every other aspect of senior level football(compared to what it takes to make it at United, that is).

I think he'd have to have a stormer of a loan spell for him to get a decent shot at it next season. And I don't think he's got it in him, unfortunately.

Smores

I think alot of people have a soft spot for Macheda because of the spectacular Villa goal (and early promise in the reserves) but that aside he's looked very poor since. Diouf hasn't done anything for us to win our attention but he was pretty decent at Blackburn (playing out of position) and I'd much rather have him on the pitch than Macheda right now.

I'd rather Macheda went on loan to the championship where he's guaranteed games, at QPR I'm not sure he will.

Doogie

If he is indeed going to QPR I expect him to get minutes there. As good as Helguson has been for them this season he can't play every week and the other strikers haven't looked likely to score in the games they've played.

Think it is a good move for Macheda and hopefully he'll make the most of it. It could very well make or break his career for United seeing how underwhelming he has been for use this year as well as his bad loan spell in Italy.

I know he's young and all that but the talent we have up front at the moment just doesn't give much chance for a young striker trying to find his feet. I believe and hope he can take the next step but at the moment I'm not overly convinced.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
the chap is 20yrs old, he deserves a bit of time and a few games to prove he has what it takes.

Brophs

The One and Only
I said this about Welbeck and was proven wrong, but I don't think he'll get enough games at QPR.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I'd pick him over Bothroyd (a good footballer who doesn't score enough) and Campbell (a fairly crap footballer who scores more than he should). Helguson is fearsomely average - definitely not good enough for the premiership. Don't know much about Mackie. QPR badly need some goals, and Macheda definitely has goals in him.

I've been impressed with his attitude over the last season or two, even if less than impressed with some of his play, especially outside the box. He can finish though.

Brophs

The One and Only
I'd pick him over Bothroyd (a good footballer who doesn't score enough) and Campbell (a fairly crap footballer who scores more than he should). QPR badly need some goals, and Macheda definitely has goals in him.

I've been impressed with his attitude over the last season or two, even if less than impressed with some of his play, especially outside the box. He can finish though.
I probably would too but they're both battle-hardened pros who don't have the rawness you get with Macheda. And he's not scored very many for us after his early goals and you'd think the service at QPR will be quite a bit worse. Plus they have a few quid so they might bring someone else in if they have a chance.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I think he'll see plenty of action. Some off the bench probably.

marjen

I'd pick him over Bothroyd (a good footballer who doesn't score enough) and Campbell (a fairly crap footballer who scores more than he should). Helguson is fearsomely average - definitely not good enough for the premiership. Don't know much about Mackie. QPR badly need some goals, and Macheda definitely has goals in him.

If he's good enough to challenge for a place in United, he'll force himself into Warnock's plans at QPR 9 times out of 10 - better hope this is no Rossi at Newcastle-situation.

I hope the boy will find some confidence, he's a good finisher as you say.

Drainy

I said this about Welbeck and was proven wrong, but I don't think he'll get enough games at QPR.
I'm not an expert on the QPR squad but they don't really look to have a lot of options up front.

I'm unsure how he'll perform though, tbh. He is a talented striker (I'm sure the deterioration of his first touch is rustiness), however I can't help but think he's lost the work ethic he showed just before he made the break through.

Skholesy

No need to judge Macheda, just sit back and watch. If he's good enough, he'll shine like Welbeck, if he's not, he won't get into the QPR team and we'd just know he won't make it at united. No shame there, the likes of Rossi and Pique didn't and were'nt bad players at all...

This will be the making of him...come on Freddie Mac, do us proud!

GCHQ

Glazer Crevice Headquarters
Sir Alex Ferguson, Ben Foster, Hayley McQueen.....
Macheda joins QPR on loan

Federico Macheda has joined Queens Park Rangers on loan until the end of the season.

The Italian striker, who has scored five goals in his 33 appearances for United since making his debut as a 17-year-old in April 2009, becomes the R's first January signing and will be hoping to play regularly under manager Neil Warnock.

Macheda will wear the no.33 shirt at Loftus Road and told QPR's official website that he's determined to help keep the London club in the Barclays Premier League.

"I was attracted by the challenge and by the players that QPR brought in during the summer," Macheda said.

“There are some very big players at the club now and I am really looking forward to training and playing with them. I also know the fans are very, very passionate, and this interested me also.”

Rangers boss Warnock was delighted to secure Macheda's services but stressed his belief that Macheda's long-term future lies with Manchester United.

"This is a great opportunity for both parties. Federico is not getting a regular game at United quite obviously because of the quality of the squad they’ve got," Warnock said.

“Everybody in the league is in envy of what Sir Alex has there, but what he is trying to do is get Federico some game time in the Premier League. I am sure he is still a part of their future plans.

“I believe this can really work for us because he is positive and always in and around the box. He can finish too.

“He puts defenders under pressure, he’s a strong lad and he’s got a yard of pace as well. If we can get him the ball in the right areas I am sure he can get us a few goals.

“It’s a great way for us to start the January transfer window. I have said all along that we want to get a couple of younger lads in and that’s what we are going to do.”
Federico Macheda joins QPR - Official Manchester United Website

GCHQ

Glazer Crevice Headquarters
Sir Alex Ferguson, Ben Foster, Hayley McQueen.....
It must be quite attractive to QPR that Macheda doesn't have to be named in their 25 man squad due to being under 21. They had to leave out about a dozen over the age of 21 players when they selected their 25 man squad at the start of September.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
How long until his first reported "bust up" with Barton I wonder.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
I probably would too but they're both battle-hardened pros who don't have the rawness you get with Macheda. And he's not scored very many for us after his early goals and you'd think the service at QPR will be quite a bit worse. Plus they have a few quid so they might bring someone else in if they have a chance.
Yeah, would agree with all this. I'd be a bit concerned that it'll be cameos rather than any sort of a run. All four of those strikers have goal-scoring pedigree, 2 of them in the premier league and Bothroyd, although not notching too many himself, is a decent target man, which our Federico is not. Hope I'm wrong.

Donut

He doesn't have the brain or the technical ability imo. But I thought the same about Nani and he improved incredibly, although with him the technical aspect was never in doubt.

Good luck to Kiko.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
He's got something about him, reminds me of Vieri. When he matures enough (probably around 25-26) I think he'll be a very good striker, just maybe not at United.

marjen

I think Warnock is attracted to his special nose.

He, himself, of course, the proud owner of a quite peculiar tool for smelling.