Kiko Macheda

BaldwinLegend

I'd love to see him go to either Sunderland or Everton on loan in January - both need strikers so would play him, and I'd love to see the effect that playing regularly for either Moyes or O'Neill would have.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Why on earth did Bruce not get him on loan when everybody in the world knew he needed a striker and Macheda needed games. The last striker we sent to them on loan didn't do too badly for them too...

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
Macheda's representative, Giovanni Bia, believes the current possibilities are either for a loan switch to QPR until the end of the season or to stay at United.

Bia told skysports.com: "There was nothing concrete with Wigan. The club closer to Macheda is QPR.

"I think at 95 per cent that Macheda will go to London, because he needs to play, and this is the only suggestion of a transfer to date.

"He'll go on a simple loan for six months, because Sir Alex Ferguson believes in him and wants to take him back to United at the end of the season.

"The other five per cent of chance is that Macheda stays in Manchester."
Very good news.

I still expect him to make it at United and I hope this loan move will prove it.

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
And if he can't get a game with competition like dj campbell, bothroyd and helguson then its hard to see how he can make it here...

Will be watching QPR games with interest if he does go...
This, Welbeck managed to get games with Bent and Gyan there at Sunderland, proving that he was United class.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I think he should be able to get some game time at QPR. They have some decent forwards, but they're not of the calibre that they can't be knocked out of the team. If Macheda hopes to have any sort of future here, then he has to be good enough to hold down a place in the QPR team.

Skywarden

I agree this is good for him. He has an extremely tough situation here and won't get the games he needs.

Question is how much of leap in development he can take to warrant a stay here. The competition is here to stay.

Gee Male

Good move for him, but I'd be surprised nonetheless. I thought SAF and Warnock fell out back when Warnock felt we could have done more against West Ham on the last day of the season back when Sheffield United got relegated?

Regardless, I'd welcome this.

cj_sparky

I just hope QPR can offer him some decent services and create some chances for the lad. The few times I have seen them they weren't very creative in the last third.

Any experience is good though, one thing is for sure going through two relegation battles in as many seasons will certainly show us what sort of a character he has.

032Devil

Prefer for him to go to Wigan than London. Bright lights and all that. I could see his head being turned long term.

Maciej

Prefer for him to go to Wigan than London. Bright lights and all that. I could see his head being turned long term.
Just like we all expected last year that five months in Italy would change his mind.

He's motivated to make it at United.

Maciej

More motivated because he failed miserable in Italy?
I wouldn't say "miserable". Read more about his time in Italy.

And I think he's motivated, because he said that he had understood something in Genoa, that he knew he had a chance to become a professional at Manchester United and it was the best place for him to achieve it. You can see this in his tweets, even in Rio's video diary.

+

A loan move isnt just about football. He's openly said his eyes were opened after such an experience, if that makes him grasp his chance with United and appreciate the opportunity he has here thats hardly a waste now is it?
It annoys me as many focus purely on the football side of things when at his age, so many other factors can have a greater impact.

Minkaro

Looks to me like his biggest competition at QPR will come from Helguson, as Campbell and Bothroyd haven't impressed so far this season.

Hmmm

Not sure how good a QPR move will be, especially when they are talked about being linked with the likes of Defoe and Bent, I'd rather he went somewhere he is guaranteed to be played, and with them linked to players like that...there is obviously some money to spend on a striker

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
If he goes to QPR and they dont sign another striker he should get plenty of games, could be a good move.

Being managed by a head the ball like Warnock might not do any harm either.

He needs this. Putting him out of his comfort zone again is the only way he's gonna improve. Welbeck took full advantage and look at him now. It's up to Kiko to do the same. Just hope Warnock actually gives him some games.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Really good move for him. I know others have been advocating the likes of Wigan and Bolton but do we really want him at a team where he'll never get the ball?

QPR are a competetive team. He's far from guaranteed games there though.

Varun

Staff
Could work both ways. Will be a good test of his character though. LEts just hope they dont go out and actually buy another striker.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Will he really get games there?
Fear he might just warm the bench.
He's not gunna walk into the team. But then we can't expect he'll do that. It's all about taking his chance when he gets it. A chance he's more likely to get somewhere like that.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
I don't think he'll make it at United. Hope he proves me wrong, but I just don't think he's got enough about him. I always said Welbeck was the bigger talent. He lacks too much in his overall game, and doesn't score prolifically enough to compensate(a la Hernandez).

Maciej

Writing off a 20-year old striker is stupid, you know that.

Berbatov and Owen can't get many games at United, but when Macheda doesn't get them, it's because he's not good enough, ekhm.

marjen

Writing off a 20-year old striker is stupid, you know that.

Berbatov and Owen can't get many games at United, but when Macheda doesn't get them, it's because he's not good enough, ekhm.
It's not because he's not getting games - it's because the competition is bloody hard, and I don't think he's shown anywhere near enough to say that he'll overtake players like Hernandez or Welbeck. Not now, and not in the future.

Of course it's impossible to tell, but I just don't spot the potential in Macheda, as opposed to what I saw in Welbeck.

RonaldoVII

I don't think he'll make it at United. Hope he proves me wrong, but I just don't think he's got enough about him. I always said Welbeck was the bigger talent. He lacks too much in his overall game, and doesn't score prolifically enough to compensate(a la Hernandez).
He never plays as a striker for the first team so you can't be expecting a high amount of goals when he is stuck on the left wing out of position.

marjen

He never plays as a striker for the first team so you can't be expecting a high amount of goals when he is stuck on the left wing out of position.
He's never really taken his chance when he has started as a striker - and flopped completely at Sampdoria on his loan move. I think he needs to start grabbing opportunities with both hands if he's to stand a chance here. You need to be exceptional to break through at United, and he isn't.

Maciej

It's not because he's not getting games - it's because the competition is bloody hard, and I don't think he's shown anywhere near enough to say that he'll overtake players like Hernandez or Welbeck. Not now, and not in the future.

Of course it's impossible to tell, but I just don't spot the potential in Macheda, as opposed to what I saw in Welbeck.
Well, it's easy to say this now, when Welbeck has proved something.

I know most of us like Macheda mainly because of that 08/09 season, but he's still very young and needs a loan move to improve. If he doesn't impress you, feel free to write him off, but not after a quite disappointing year for him.

marjen

Well, it's easy to say this now, when Welbeck has proved something.

I know most of us like Macheda mainly because of that 08/09 season, but he's still very young and needs a loan move to improve. If he doesn't impress you, feel free to write him off, but not after a quite disappointing year for him.
I'm not writing him off, I hope he proves me wrong - it's always nice to see young players break through to the first team.

However, based on my judgement of him as a football player, If held at gunpoint and asked to call it - I'd say he won't make it.

prateik

He's not gunna walk into the team. But then we can't expect he'll do that. It's all about taking his chance when he gets it. A chance he's more likely to get somewhere like that.
Wigan wouldve been a better option.

marjen

He didn't flop completely at Sampdoria.
He scored 1 goal, in the cup, if I remember correctly - and was benched after starting his first few games.

In no way did he show anything that resembles the quality of a future United-striker during that loan spell.

Maciej

However, based on my judgement of him as a football player, If held at gunpoint and asked to call it - I'd say he won't make it.
And you're probably one of those people that already think Morrison will be a world-class midfielder.

marjen

And you're probably one of those people that already think Morrison will be a world-class midfielder.
:lol:

Where did that come from? Morrison has probably played about 90 minutes of first team football throughout his career. Macheda has been with the first team for three seasons, pretty much. From what I've seen of Morrison, which admittedly isn't much, he's got a long way to go before being ready to compete for a regular place and probably would benefit from a loan move(although his off-field record leaves a lot to be desired).

I'm not allowed to have an opinion on one of our players? Is it so farfetched for me to think that Macheda will struggle with breaking through in a team containing strikers with the quality of Rooney, Welbeck, Hernandez and Berbatov? Mame Biram Diouf has shown more at Premier League-level than him FFS.