g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Kim Min-jae | signed for Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.

FujiVice

"Seems a bit to tall to be a centre back in the Premier League" - Carragher.

Rolaholic

Could do so much worse than 45m for a title winning international CB in his prime in this market...

Hope we do whatever we can to get it done this summer, would provide terrific cover for Varane and be a great replacement for Maguire/Lindelof should either leave as it seems heading that way

mu4c_20le

I dont see it happening this summer. He's still on his first year, and by his own words he seems quite loyal, I can see him staying for another year or two and signing a new contract that raises his release clause. He's clearly worth far more than 39m and I just dont see him screwing over his employer.

zbcrow15

I dont see it happening this summer. He's still on his first year, and by his own words he seems quite loyal, I can see him staying for another year or two and signing a new contract that raises his release clause. He's clearly worth far more than 39m and I just dont see him screwing over his employer.
He has a release clause for right under 50 million that is active in July this summer. We can trigger that and Napoli cannot argue with it.

mu4c_20le

He has a release clause for right under 50 million that is active in July this summer. We can trigger that and Napoli cannot argue with it.
Sure, but he has to agree to the move. He could do a Koulibaly.

IRN-BRUno

La Gazzetta dello Sport reporting that the release clause is available between 1st-15th July and the price changes depending on the club. Gives the example of us and PSG having to pay around €60m.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Stay until Napoli were ready to sell him
So they accepted an offer, or his release clause was triggered and he chose to say? Or Napoli refused to negotiate his transfer until they were ready?

TheReligion

Abusive
What type of player is he?

Anyone feel like giving me strengths, weaknesses and a bit of a report on him? Can’t say I’ve seen him play really.

Cassidy

What type of player is he?

Anyone feel like giving me strengths, weaknesses and a bit of a report on him? Can’t say I’ve seen him play really.
Strong aggressive defender, who is both strong in the air and good with the ball at his feet. Add to that he is very quick too, whats not to like

TheRedHearted

Strong aggressive defender, who is both strong in the air and good with the ball at his feet. Add to that he is very quick too, whats not to like
Cheers. Sounds exactly what we need. Would he be happy being 3rd wheel ?
Any chance ten Hag would ever play three at the back?
Or move Martinez into a dm position if we ever have to

Cassidy

Any chance ten Hag would ever play three at the back?
Or move Martinez into a dm position if we ever have to
No idea, we'll have to wait and see.

One thing is if its City they don't ask these questions, they sign top players and expect them to compete. I don't see a problem with signing him if he's happy to compete for his spot

Nickosaur

One thing is if its City they don't ask these questions, they sign top players and expect them to compete. I don't see a problem with signing him if he's happy to compete for his spot
Yep this.
What's more, Varane isn't getting younger and is fairly prone to picking up knocks. So really, unless you want Maguire/Lindelof playing 30-40% of games next season, a CB is very much still required IMO.

NYAS

I equally love these hipster flavour of the month posters who decide a player is the 2nd coming, just because the internet says so.
Just what I thought. You don’t watch European football, so surely nobody else does. We are all exactly the same.

Ok mate.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Too good to be a third choice starter, would probably be looking to move somewhere that guarantees him a Starting place, or he could just stay put where he is.

Beaucoup

Just what I thought. You don’t watch European football, so surely nobody else does. We are all exactly the same.

Ok mate.
Ok, if you say so, either way, I sure with your vast scouting knowledge gained by reading the back pages of the Sun, you’ll soon jump to a new even better player.

Rolaholic

100%

They had Kompany and Stoner but still added Laporte, then Stones and Laporte and still buying Ruben Dias. Liverpool still bought Konaté with a CL and PL winning CB pairing under contract, the best sides simply dont sacrifice quality out of fear of competition.

NYAS

Ok, if you say so, either way, I sure with your vast scouting knowledge gained by reading the back pages of the Sun, you’ll soon jump to a new even better player.
Ha, I don’t even get that paper where I’m from.

See this is your problem, you can’t grasp that posters here are different than you: they’re from different countries, watch different leagues, know about different players.

Doesn’t make them better. You probably know more than them about local, lower league and youth football. It’s ok, we’re all different.

Happy Ramadan mate ;)

aeh1991

I guess some posters don't know what injuries, bans and bad form mean.

SAFMUTD

Could do so much worse than 45m for a title winning international CB in his prime in this market...

Hope we do whatever we can to get it done this summer, would provide terrific cover for Varane and be a great replacement for Maguire/Lindelof should either leave as it seems heading that way
Would love to have him here but I doubt he's willing to accept a part time rol. After the season he's having he'll surely demand a starting spot.

hobbers

Liverpool aint spending £60m on yet another centreback when they need 3 £60m+ midfielders, jokers.

RU Devil

Only reason he would stay would be he believes Napoli has a better chance of CL glory next season (or even defending the CL, if they win it this season). Of course, if Osimhen leaves, all bets are off, and it's best to strike when the iron is hot. It's in his best interest to upgrade his finances sooner than later, and as well as give him the best chance for enduring glory (i.e. titles). Yeah, Napoli will do well for a bit, but like Monaco, will eventually be picked apart. Plus the Koulibali example is a warning to current players. The price was always too high until he passed his peak. In Min Jae's case, he should seriously consider the smooth exit instead of re-commiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.