Kim Min-jae | signed for Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gloryinred

He didn't looked owned. He just had a quiet game. Which is normal for a player of his experience in a team of underdogs vs the then title challengers.
Hes clearly owned, unless you are his agent.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Is it happening or not?

I think this may be one of those transfers that will drag on until the final day.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Is it happening or not?

I think this may be one of those transfers that will drag on until the final day.
This sounds like a transfer that will end up at PSG and then there will be a meltdown in this thread after the Italian media built everyones hopes up.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Is it happening or not?

Has it not been said a million times already that his release clause can only be triggered first 2 weeks of July? Nothing will happen before then

telstar96

Great video!! If we can't shift De Gea this summer, he'd help alleviate some of our build up issues. At the moment we're far to reliant on Shaw and Martinez. This could also allow Shaw and AWB to start further forward and provide a natural overlap

mancsarered

Napoli media reporting that it's essentially a done deal. Hopefully that's true and we can save a little drama here.

hobbers

Be a great statement of intent and direction if we sign Kim before Maguire is sold or even close to being sold.

thomas porter

An absolutely fantastic signing he'll be if true! Assuming this and Maguire leaving we'd have a veteran cb in Varane, two cb's in their prime who complement each other well in the Butcher & Kim, and a very solid squad rotation option in Lindelof.

Irwin99

I've admittedly only seen a few games with him but his front-foot defending and aggression from what i've seen is impressive. Him and Martinez would be a very combative partnership, like having a defensive version of Keane and Ince, or Vieira and Petit :drool:

Chief123

Has it not been said a million times already that his release clause can only be triggered first 2 weeks of July? Nothing will happen before then
Well that’s not true. Many deals are done with the agreement they will go through on a certain date. Even those with release clauses activating on certain dates. i.e. Haaland to City done in advance.

Chief123

I’ve seen a YouTube highlights video and I’m convinced he’s a generational talent.

Cassidy

Well that’s not true. Many deals are done with the agreement they will go through on a certain date. Even those with release clauses activating on certain dates. i.e. Haaland to City done in advance.
They didn't pay his release clause that's why, the agreed a deal with Dortmund

Chief123

Cassidy

Another classic Cassidy post just making stuff up. You come out with nonsense and then spend 10 posts arguing about it. You honestly think Dortmund are stupid enough to sell the best young striker in the world for around £51m?

City paid his release clause. The whole world knows that except you.

https://www.skysports.com/amp/footb...ning-of-borussia-dortmund-striker-in-51m-deal
Not making stuff up, I just remembered incorrectly. They activated his release clause, Kim Min Jeas release clause cannot be actived until July (this has been reported everywhere)
In other cases where players have a clause (mainly when buying from Spanish clubs) the clubs agree a fee instead which matches the clause due to tax implications (I thought that's what City did here)
In any case, Kim Min-Jea's clause cannot be activated until July.

City didn't agree a deal which goes through at a later date (see seems you are making thing up); they actived the clause (which means paying the fee now). He joined July 1st which would have been the rules as per his contract

Chief123

Not making stuff up, I just remembered incorrectly. They activated his release clause, Kim Min Jeas release clause cannot be active until July (this has been reported everywhere)
In other cases where players have a clause (mainly when buying from Spanish clubs) the clubs agree a fee instead which matches the clause due to tax implications (I thought that's what City did here)
In any case, Kim Min-Jea's clause cannot be active until July.
So going back to your original point, deals can be done before the activation date. I’ve literally just given you Haaland as an example. The deal was agreed months in advance even though the activation date was 1st July. Even the article I’ve shared is early June (before the activation date). Clubs don’t wait to sit around the table until the clause is active.

Everyone knows he can’t be signed with the activation clause price until 1st July. But a deal can certainly be struck with the player before then.

Cassidy

So going back to your original point, deals can be done before the activation date. I’ve literally just given you Haaland as an example. The deal was agreed months in advance even though the activation date was 1st July. Even the article I’ve shared is early June (before the activation date). Clubs don’t wait to sit around the table until the clause is active.

Everyone knows he can’t be signed with the activation clause price until 1st July. But a deal can certainly be struck with the player before then.
Only if the contract allows it, and really no you can't, activating a clause doesn't mean the player joins right away (window has to open, the date the player leaves will be based on whats in the contract etc)
As has been reported a millions times, in the case of Kim Min-Jae, the contract only allows for the clause to be activated July 1st - July 15th which means its impossible to trigger it outside of that window.
What United can do is agree the terms of the contract with the player (which it seems we have done)

Ghostrider318

Napoli media reporting that it's essentially a done deal. Hopefully that's true and we can save a little drama here.

I refuse to believe this. We cant liv without drama. Were the 'Real housewifes..' of the footballing world ( PSG are the Kardashians )

Chief123

Only if the contract allows it, and really no you can activating a clause doesn't mean the player joins right away (window has to open, etc)
As has been reported a millions times, in the case of Kim Min-Jae, the contract only allows for the clause to be activated July 1st - July 15th
Good grief. No one is saying he can come right now. No one suggested that. Your beating about the bush now. A deal can be agreed with KMJ right now and the deal can go through on 1st July. Napoli would have no say in the matter at that point.

Cassidy

Good grief. No one is saying he can come right now. No one suggested that. Your beating about the bush now. A deal can be agreed with KMJ right now and the deal can go through on 1st July. Napoli would have no say in the matter at that point.
You are missing the point.
Halaand contacts didn't have date restrictions on when the clause could be activated that summer. Kim Min-Jaes does, its pretty simple

You were arguing that we could get the deal done, and I'm saying no because the clause cannot be activated until July (which is well reported)

Without activating the clause the deal can't be agreed unless you agree a fee with Napoli before hand

Chief123

You are missing the point.
Halaand contacts didn't have date restrictions on when the clause could be activated that summer.
Kim Min-Jaes does, its pretty simple

You were arguing that we could get the deal done, and I'm saying no because the clause cannot be activated until July (which is well reported)

Without activating the clause the deal can't be agreed unless you agree a fee with Napoli before hand
The irony being, you are in fact missing the point. Haaland’s did have a date restriction. It couldn’t be activated till 1st July 2022! KMJ is the exact same except it has a 2 week window before the clause expires.

Man City agreed a deal before the activation date. Exact same could happen here.

This is like talking to an argumentative brick wall. Have a good day.

Cassidy

The irony being, you are in fact missing the point. Haaland’s did have a date restriction. It couldn’t be activated till 1st July 2022! KMJ is the exact same except it has a 2 week window before the clause expires.

Man City agreed a deal before the activation date. Exact same could happen here.

This is like talking to an argumentative brick wall. Have a good day.
https://www.skysports.com/amp/footb...ning-of-borussia-dortmund-striker-in-51m-deal

Manchester City activated the Norway striker's release clause and the player will join on July 1 for a total of £85.5m including agents fees and other add-ons; Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has said the Haaland deal will "set new levels" in the transfer market

City have paid the 21-year-old's release clause and expect to pay £85.5m in total when agent fees, signing bonus and other costs are taken into account.

I'm the one making stuff up though. Quite obviously if City activated the release clause by paying it in June then it could be activated before 1st July 2022. There is no way for United to ACTIVATE the Kim Min-Jae clause at the moment

Chief123

Manchester City activated the Norway striker's release clause and the player will join on July 1 for a total of £85.5m including agents fees and other add-ons; Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has said the Haaland deal will "set new levels" in the transfer market

City have paid the 21-year-old's release clause and expect to pay £85.5m in total when agent fees, signing bonus and other costs are taken into account.

I'm the one making stuff up though. Quite obviously if City activated the release clause in June then it could be activated before 1st July 2022. There is no way for United to ACTIVATE the Kim Min-Jae clause at the moment
How are you struggling with this so much? I’ve not once mentioned City “activating” the release clause before 1st July. Neither has anyone mentioned KMJ’s clause being activated before then. You seem to be struggling with the difference between “agreeing a deal” and “activating a clause”.

Status
Not open for further replies.