Klinsmann for USA job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

forevrared

Jozy well on his way to being an Eddie Johnson clone for the US.

Go all in on Boyd, let him have his several years until someone else is ready for their 2 year usefulness.

davisjw

Thought the first half was spectacular when Jamaica just walked around the pitch. As soon as they did turn it up in the second half, the US was again in disarray.

Pros: Williams looked ace. MOM for me. He's an upgrade over Beckerman and should earn the start. Jones looked better. The defense seemed sturdy once more with Dolo and Boca back. Zusi looked very tidy and deserves another start.

Cons: Jozy was the biggest donkey out there. I don't think he made a single pass and when the team needed someone to hold the ball or run, he wasn't there. He jogged the entire time when his teammates who started were still going at 100%. Next time let Boyd come in; at least he plays with heart and knows how to run. Dempsey is still off but that's to be expected as he's essentially finished his second preseason game.

So-so: Klinsi learned from his mistakes and hopefully has for good. Torres played better, but this whole experiment with him out wide just isn't working. Gomez scored but still isn't as sharp as he should be to lead the line.

Come October I'd like to see:

--------Howard--------
Dolo--Cam-Boca--Johnson
--------Williams-------
Zusi----Bradley----Donovan
-------Dempsey-------
---------Boyd---------

It's the same formation as tonight. Bradley is better in an advance role than Jones. Williams deserves to keep his place. Zusi deserves his place too so Donovan gets pushed out wide left. Boyd because Gomez doesn't cut it for me and Jozy again looks too lazy. It'll be against an easy opponent so I have faith Boyd can show up for 60 minutes. If things are failing, Gomez can come in as a super sub like he does for club. Realistically, I see Klinsi starting Gomez.

forevrared

Boring game. Typical January friendly. We were awful for how long camp has been in. Josh Gatt is good.

Shaydee

that may have been the worst match between professional footballers I have ever seen in my life.

vivs

actual real life girl
Are there any caftards from California going to the WCQ in Seattle? I need a huge favor and it involves in-n-out burger and fries.

vivs

actual real life girl
:lol: You are still on this? You still havent had it?
Nope :( I fly non-stop both ways. Plus a Shake Shack just opened in terminal 4 at JFK which I'm flying from so I'm more than willing to trade burgers when I get there :lol:

I just really want to try the animal style fries

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
The back four will be surely tested tonight. Belgium ooze class (on paper).

Surprising to see Davis start on the left, supposedly for his crossing/passing. Klinsmann should just go with the youngsters at some point (Corona, Villarreal, etc).

Skorenzy

Some guy screaming near the mic "What the feck!!?? What the feck??!!" as we score :lol:

Great instant control and pass by De Bruyne again.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Mirales '6

1-0

Howard comes out to deny Lukaku but Cameron and Gonzalez are slow to react and allow Mirales to collect the loose ball and chip Howard (on the ground).

Seconds before the opening goal saw Dempsey beat his man to the box and deliver a nice cross that Altidore can't quite control with his first touch but rebounds off a defender and lands back at Altidore's feet to his surprise... but the defender reacts while Altidore is bumbling around trying to get the ball on his right foot.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Is Kljestan #11? He's worthless. Just standing there and ignores the return pass...

Edit: I've decided it was Dempsey, so no surprise that he's not very interested.

Skorenzy

Think you guys will eventually score... with Vermaelen and Fellaini out there we're bound a defensive screw-up.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
:lol: Omar Gonzalez...get your ass to Europe where you'll learn not to do that.

Skorenzy

De Bruyne with a magnificent cross. His 2nd assist and decisively involved in all three goals. He's really the only creative passer and playmaker we have.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
There has to be an actual LB to play, doesn't there? There are 300m+ Americans...and no leftback.

Skorenzy

Hah, the US backline is so static they actually made that ball by Defour look world class :lol:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Belgium looks very good, I have to say. Will be interesting if they manage to directly qualify in the world cup, they will be more than a match for anybody. A great goalkeeper in Courtois, a very good defence, a solid, albeit not creative midfield and some very good attacking options in De Bruyne, Hazard, Mirallas, Benteke and Lukaku. Depending on how they develop they really could go far in the world cup.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Hah, the US backline is so static they actually made that ball by Defour look world class :lol:
To be fair, only one of them is our top choice. Two are being played out of position(Beasley and Cameron) and our midfield is shit without Bradley. I've not been impressed by anyone we have out there though.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Not a penalty. Probably shouldn't move your arm to the ball even if it's on your body.

Skorenzy

Ian Darke on ESPN... "Thorgan Hazard has come on for Belgium, the twin brother of Eden..."

Twins? He's 2 years younger :lol:

Also said Mexico hadn't scored yet in CONCACAF qualifying, while they have... twice already. And they pay this guy for what exactly?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
You guys could've had Subotic and Rossi too right?
USA was never really an option for them. Subotic was born in Yugoslavia and the only decision for him was between Serbia or Bosnia and he chose Serbia because he clearly sees himself as a serbian, even though he was born in Bosnia. Not sure about Rossi but I'm sure he never really considered the states once he knew he was good enough to play for Italy.

Status
Not open for further replies.