Klopp Confirmed Liverpool Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

ottosec

He's the best manager which the dippers could realistically get and he will bring a lot of new followers because of his high profile. Also some players that would never consider Liverpool before might do it now because of him.

He's a very good appointment.

Rafateria

I think you should read again what I wrote. I'm saying literally the exact opposite of what you seem to think I am saying.

The only thing I can think is that you think him being a part of the 'transfer committee' means he does have direct control over transfers, which is a bit odd. It's exactly the same situation that Rodgers had, and he had at Dortmund. Of course he's going to have an input and they're never going to sign a player he specifically says he doesn't want to sign.
Oh my apologies I mis-read your post. Yes, indeed. First word and last word - perfect. Most clubs in fact work with a 'committee' of sorts. I like how it was put in the Echo recently, 'the big mistake LFC made was actually naming it 'The Committee' '!

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
He needs to secure top 4 for Liverpool in order to attract quality players. He is still no Guardiola or Mourinho in terms of reputation, players won't come to Liverpool because of Klopp.

Il Prete Rosso

Prete, the Italian Pete
The meltdown in this thread is embarrassing. All Utd needs to do is take care of themselves, focus on the league game by game and not worry about Klopp being at Liverpool. There's always an uptick and change when a new manager takes over a squad but if you focus on your own job and doing it well then Liverpool should be the least of your problems.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Can't possibly get myself to hate him. I really do like the guy and wished he was our next manager.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

The Klopp ass kissing from some in here is embarrassing.

Get over it.

He'll never manage United now and there are plenty of better managers. What Klopp did was impressive but by no means 'world class'. Come back when he's one won a treble or 5 leagues.

...and to the asshat saying he's better than SAF a few pages back, get a fecking grip.

In fact, all of you get a fecking grip. He's not the messiah of management and your constant fawning over him is vomit worthy.
I guess you are talking about me then ;)

What I said is that I do not rate any other manager higher than Klopp. SAF is another generation and I view Klopp`s school of football as some kind of modernized and improved version of SAF`s.

And saying that there are plenty of better managers and Klopp is not world class shows that you are a bit clueless.

However, I hope that I overrate him and Liverpool will stay where they are and we can keep some distance between us and them.

cyberman

The meltdown in this thread is embarrassing. All Utd needs to do is take care of themselves, focus on the league game by game and not worry about Klopp being at Liverpool. There's always an uptick and change when a new manager takes over a squad but if you focus on your own job and doing it well then Liverpool should be the least of your problems.
Exactly. If you offered Liverpool fans the chance to swap Rodgers and Klopp 2 years ago not one Liverpool fan would have taken it.
Klopp then proceeds to have an even worse 2 years than Rodgers had and now he's the saviour.
Klopp has a lot of question marks to his name, people acting like this is the German Sir Alex that spells doom for the rest of us baffles me.

NinjaFletch

Oh my apologies I mis-read your post. Yes, indeed. First word and last word - perfect. Most clubs in fact work with a 'committee' of sorts. I like how it was put in the Echo recently, 'the big mistake LFC made was actually naming it 'The Committee' '!
I think the biggest problem is that they keep signing shit players.

They could call it the 'Shanklywasawankerlol group' and no one would care if they got Liverpool some more Suarez's.

SirBobbysCombover

Squirming around on a dusty barber shop floor
For Klopp to be touted for such high profile jobs and end up at a mid table side, not only shows a lack of ambition, but how far both parties have fallen from grace.

Maybe he should have gone for Forest or Villa, both similar to the dippers, living off past glories, only difference being the fans of said mentioned are far more humble and likeable to the masses.

When he gets a good going over at Swansea and Palace, Jurgenna wish you were back home, welcome to the mad house.

Adcuth

The Klopp ass kissing from some in here is embarrassing.

Get over it.

He'll never manage United now and there are plenty of better managers. What Klopp did was impressive but by no means 'world class'. Come back when he's one won a treble or 5 leagues.

...and to the asshat saying he's better than SAF a few pages back, get a fecking grip.

In fact, all of you get a fecking grip. He's not the messiah of management and your constant fawning over him is vomit worthy.

What exactly is an asshat?

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Liverpool have never had a better manager than us in my lifetime until now. Seems fecking weird.

Giggs becoming our manager would be a lovely fairytale, but God, please, no.

Fingers crossed Pep will be primed and ready for when Van Gaal retires.

Blodssvik

The 'lack of ambition' argument is the biggest piece of bullshit in this thread in my opinion. It's so arrogant to think that choosing the easiest path to win trophies by taking over a giant is the definition of being ambitious.

Seveneric

What's with this "i have to hate him now" nonsense :wenger:

Oh, absolutely. However, I'm talking about the Klopp love in from United fans! I don't recall any scousers lining up to suck off Louie.
And why would they? Most United fan themselves hardly considered LVG as a choice till after Moyes flopped, and there weren't that many options available.

Last edited:

Adcuth

Liverpool have never had a better manager than us in my lifetime until now. Seems fecking weird.

Giggs becoming our manager would be a lovely fairytale, but God, please, no.

Fingers crossed Pep will be primed and ready for when Van Gaal retires.
They still don't

Blackwidow

More importantly he does not have a suarez and an injury free sturridge/coutinho or a midfield of alonso/mascherano/prime gerrard and pre shit torress. He will have to find and mould one which is very difficult.
No matter how good a manager he is, players wont simply come to liverpool to play under him. Money, champions league and better area to live will be important considerations. They cant offer same money nor champions league yet and certainly not the area to live.
The question is - do you really need the best players to win the EPL?

I e.g. do not think that Mourinho - apart from maybe Hazard and he is no killer - has had the best players in the EPL in the last seasons. But if you play team football and not hero football and you get the maximum out of the players and they cover for each other that can be enough. The Liverpool squad is - if you look at the quality of players - atleast a midtable squad.

Klopp won the league and in the Champions League with some players that for sure weren't the best individuals - a lot still in talent age and far from the peak. He had a lot players that were great workhorses but far from being quality players. Players that looked like world beaters in the Dortmund system did not really look great elsewhere when others did not give them the cover.

The question is - can he catch the players at Liverpool the way he could do that with the young bunch at Dortmund in 2009+? How long does it take to implement a good pressing and Gegenpressing scheme into that group of players without having a summer preparation - and how good does that work in the EPL. It works against the big teams like City and probably United with the ball possession systems - but against the smaller clubs that are physically good and keep it tight on the back? And - the EPL is physically on a higher level than the Bundesliga was five years ago. A lot of the success then had to do with being superior in that part. And then - injuries... If you have a physical demanding system you usually have a high number of injuries.

Judas

Open to offers
The 'lack of ambition' argument is the biggest piece of bullshit in this thread in my opinion. It's so arrogant to think that choosing the easiest path to win trophies by taking over a giant is the definition of being ambitious.
Agree completely. There's something to be admired about him taking a hard job where there is so much room for failure. He's taken one of the biggest challenges he realistically could.

How is it not ambitious to take over Liverpool, a former giant who need restoring to their old self. As a person how much more satisfying will it be to take that club to the top of England again instead of a job like City where you're pretty much guaranteed a certain level of success.

I really like the bloke, such a shame that I want the next chapter of his career to be a total disaster.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool

And why would they? Most United fan themselves hardly considered LVG as a choice till after Moyes flopped, and there weren't that many options available.
Agreed, I quite liked Van Gaal for his no fecks given, mad & big personality before he joined Man Utd and guess what, I still quite like him.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
He needs to secure top 4 for Liverpool in order to attract quality players. He is still no Guardiola or Mourinho in terms of reputation, players won't come to Liverpool because of Klopp.
While what you're saying is definitely true, he'll no doubt have more pulling power than Rodgers.

Agreed, I quite liked Van Gaal for his no fecks given, mad & big personality before he joined Man Utd and guess what, I still quite like him.
Same here. LVG doesn't give a feck, and I like that :D

villain

Hates Beyoncé
If there's one manager who I love it's Klopp. He's got an abundance of personality.
I'd love to say i'm gonna hate him because he's managing Liverpool, but I know I wont. He's fantastic.

I don't think he'll get much out of this current Liverpool squad, but they'll challenge for top 4 simply because Chelsea are so far back its opened up a slot.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
If there's one manager who I love it's Klopp. He's got an abundance of personality.
I'd love to say i'm gonna hate him because he's managing Liverpool, but I know I wont. He's fantastic.

I don't think he'll get much out of this current Liverpool squad, but they'll challenge for top 4 simply because Chelsea are so far back its opened up a slot.
Chelsea are 4 points behind us with 90 left to play for.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Agree completely. There's something to be admired about him taking a hard job where there is so much room for failure. He's taken one of the biggest challenges he realistically could.

How is it not ambitious to take over Liverpool, a former giant who need restoring to their old self. As a person how much more satisfying will it be to take that club to the top of England again instead of a job like City where you're pretty much guaranteed a certain level of success.

I really like the bloke, such a shame that I want the next chapter of his career to be a total disaster.
I guess the timing for this challenge is quite good. The PL has still a standing as one of the 3 top leagues. However, the top teams are not that great right now and they are there for the taking.
I alway had the impression that Klopp plans his steps quite carefully so he would not have taken the job just because he had been a Liverpool fan in his youth.
He comes across as a funny and easy-going bloke but truth is he is an absolute perfectionist.

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin

And why would they?
Most United fan themselves hardly considered LVG as a choice till after Moyes flopped, and there weren't that many options available.
Van Gaal has won: 6 domestic titles (in 3 countries) 3 domestic cups, a Champions League and a Europa League.

Klopp has won two leagues and one domestic cup.

It's arguable this isn't a fair comparison because Klopp had less to work with at Dortmund and hasn't been managing as long as Van Gaal - but the way I see it, LvG is a proven and highly sucessful manager; Klopp is still relatively unproven.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Chelsea are 4 points behind us with 90 left to play for.
They're only 4 points behind? Wow.
They should be caught up by the time you two face each other at the end of the month, that'll be a good game.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
They're only 4 points behind? Wow.
They should be caught up by the time you two face each other at the end of the month, that'll be a good game.
Yeah there's only been 8 games played, haha. They're not out of anything yet - Even the title race.

MarkC

There were people here a year ago telling us we were in trouble because we had LVG and we needed a manager like Rodgers. Now the sky is caving in because they have Klopp. History tells us Liverpool will still find a way to feck things up.

Can't believe on a United forum i'm reading he's 2nd only to SAF and according to some a better improved version of him, got to be a troll.

And the people saying they would rather see Liverpool do well than their hero Klopp fail have a word with yourselves!

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Just watched the whole presser, weird that he apologies for his bad English and then proceeds to speak it quite fluently. It's much better than say LvG's or Pochettino's English.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Just watched the whole presser, weird that he apologies for his bad English and then proceeds to speak it quite fluently. It's much better than say LvG's or Pochettino's English.
That is what I meant. This guy is a 100 % professional. Pretty sure he used his time off to improve his English skills with the plan to come to the PL in his mind.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
That is what I meant. This guy is a 100 % professional. Pretty sure he used his time off to improve his English skills with the plan to come to the PL in his mind.
He also casually threw out there "in a few months, you can ask me again and I can answer better" - I'll be impressed if he gets to full fluency before the end of the year.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
LVG's English has always baffled me. The Dutch speak better English than most in Britain! Guess it's just his age and education will be a lot better nowadays compared to then.

Status
Not open for further replies.