Klopp Confirmed Liverpool Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
Liverpool might have a (very) low chance to get some BVB players... But Lewandowski from Bayern? Please... :lol: :lol: :lol:

If Lewandowski would be on the market (which he certainly isn't), then other calibres like Real Madrid would be in for sure.

Liverpool :lol:

OutlawGER

Supports
I can be wrong but as far as I remember his desire to leave came after Klopp announced his exit.
Not true. He wanted to leave summer 2014 already, Dortmund was willing to extend his contract on the longterm even after he got injured in 2013. Because of his injury he extended his contract for 1 year to get his form back. That didn't work out because he didn't find his form in the last season but he still wanted to leave. However, there were obviously not enough offers, or at least no offers he and BVB liked, so he extended for 1 more year and now he got his form back and if it stays like this he will leave for sure.

As far as i know he highly prefers Barcelona and Bayern. Bayern was not interested this summer though as he didn't hit his old form yet and about Barcelona i don't know if they were interested but they were restricted anyways and Gündogan couldn't afford to wait half a year without playing.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
Poor Klopp. I'm pretty sure his comment about winning a title within 4 years is totally misunderstood, but there's no way the fans and the media will ever leave it alone now.

He was talking about the need for patience for quite a while in that press conference. And inbetween he made the light-hearted comment that if he's still sitting here in 4 years, he'll probably have won a title or he'll be off to coach in Switzerland. That's so so far away from promising a league title within 4 years. To me it sounded like a dig at the crazy expectations from fans and media and that makes perfect sense in the context of talking about patience, patience, patience.

He should have known better though.
Indeed, by 'title' im 100% certain he meant 'trophy' as most European managers call them, and not the league, but the press/some fans will both unknowingly, and deliberatley misinterpret it that way.

But yeah, he should have known better.

Brophs

The One and Only
I mean, Lewandowski could leave Bayern, with it's guaranteed medals & CL challenges, great wages, the adoration of the fans and wonderful facilities, to go to Liverpool where....he'd be adored, be in a Whatsapp group with that great conversationalist Steven Gerrard and get to touch a metal sign every week.

Tough choice.

OutlawGER

Supports
Indeed, by 'title' im 100% certain he meant 'trophy' as most European managers call them, and not the league, but the press/some fans will both unknowingly, and deliberatley misinterpret it that way.

But yeah, he should have known better.
Yeah if we in Germany say 'title', we don't necessarily mean the league. We use this term for any trophy.

Needham

Can't wait to see the banners on the Kop. Look out for old Rodgers flags with stubble and narrow rimmed glasses painted on. Wir Gehen Wieder...

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool might have a (very) low chance to get some BVB players... But Lewandowski from Bayern? Please... :lol: :lol: :lol:

If Lewandowski would be on the market (which he certainly isn't), then other calibres like Real Madrid would be in for sure.

Liverpool :lol:
I'm not for one minute saying we'll get Lewandowski but change the name in the above post to 'Klopp' and many people were saying exactly the same thing

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I'm not for one minute saying we'll get Lewandowski but change the name in the above post to 'Klopp' and many people were saying exactly the same thing
No one in their right mind was saying that you can't get Klopp. From the beginning it was clear that he was a realistic option, a good manager who's without a club and won't get an offer from a very top club for at least a year. I'm surprised Real Madrid did not go for him last Summer but timing was probably off.

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
Lot of people told you it's possible, including me. But even Klopp won't get a finished world class player for Liverpool from a truly big club. Liverpool has neither the status nor the money to pull off such a move.

OutlawGER

Supports

Well that's totally a different case.

1. As a manager you have more time than a player. Even in 10 years Klopp can take over other clubs. As a player your time is limited. Lewandowski's next contract will probably be his last big one.

2. Klopp's personality. He wants a real challenge at a club which is underperforming but has a huge tradition, fanbase and potential. He did it with Dortmund and now he probably wants to proof himself that he can repeat this success with a club in a comparable situation. Also he wants a club where he gets appreciated. In Madrid, Bayern or Barca for example he wouldn't get as much appreciation as they are already successful and he would be given much less time to adapt and could be sacked really quickly. United were not available and he would be overshadowed by Sir Alex all the time. And he is not the type of person who would take over clubs like Chelsea or City. So Liverpool is a really good fit right here. It's certainly a step back compared to Dortmund but he has more spending power right there so that may be outweighting it.

3. I don't think at all that Lewandowski is attached to Klopp, he just left him for Bayern. Bayern will not sell Lewandowski anyways, but there could be some competition for his contract extension in the next few years. But the competition will certainly not be Liverpool. The only competition i can see right now would be Real Madrid as Barca doesn't seem to need a top notch striker right now. But then again, Lewandowski has chosen Bayern over Madrid already so maybe there will be no fight at all for his extension.

4. And well, yeah. No star player will leave Bayern for Liverpool in the next few years at least. Thinking and hoping something else is simply deluded.

I don't even believe that Liverpool has a good chance to get one of the starplayers from Dortmund if they play a successful season.

Last edited:

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
The difference being that Klopp didn't have a contract at Bayern.

chriswt

Remember the transfer window and who "won" that according to RAWK?

Once again Liverpool are top of the pile when there's no actual football being played.

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
It's the Daily Mirror. Liverpool get Klopp, newspaper needs something to write = link the player with Liverpool.

End of story, nothing in it.

Last edited:

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
Pretty sure most Germans or people following Bundesliga were not surprised that Klopp went to Liverpool.

Crossie

Supports
vibrant attacking football
Pretty sure most Germans or people following Bundesliga were not surprised that Klopp went to Liverpool.
Yep. Said it a few times: If there had been a poll in Germany with Klopp's most likely destination, Lieverpool and Bayern would have led the poll by a large margin.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Just think how funny that would be. Does a decent job at Liverpool (not too decent though), LVG retires and Klopp moves over.
RAWK-ites would ISIS the Stretford end.

But seriously, I reckon that'd cause some violence.

Bojan11

People still want him? He's never coming.

People do realise there are other good managers around.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
People still want him? He's never coming.

People do realise there are other good managers around.
Forget Pep. The most interesting one for me right now is Simeone. I'll be very curious to see where he goes after Atletico Madrid.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Forget Pep. The most interesting one for me right now is Simeone. I'll be very curious to see where he goes after Atletico Madrid.
I think Mirror published recently that could be the substitute for Mourinho at Chelsea ?. Good coach but his style of play is pretty boring

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
I think Mirror published recently that could be the substitute for Mourinho at Chelsea ?. Good coach but his style of play is pretty boring
And what about Simeone?

C'est Moi Cantona

will never come to United. He would learn about the rivalry soon enough.
Aye it's a sad reality that he has ruled us out forever now, I'm sure he'll live to regret it though.

Wouldn't mind betting he'll be at Bayern or Barca within 3 years if he fulfills the hype.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
And what about Simeone?
:lol: I mean Simeone Tommy, with those players He could offer more. Perhaps his success is based on squeezing the star players, in a very strict tactical rigor.
In any case, when the team that one supports starts winning is easy to appreciate any style of game

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
RAWK-ites would ISIS the Stretford end.

But seriously, I reckon that'd cause some violence.
No it wouldn't. It'd cause a load of moany scousers to make abusive Facebook posts, have a rant on the news, and silently implode.

Status
Not open for further replies.