Klopp Confirmed Liverpool Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Ancelotti would.

He's managed Madrid, PSG, Milan, Juve and Chelsea. There's not really many big clubs left for him besides Bayern. He could also possibly return to Milan. But Milan financially are weaker than Liverpool at the moment.
Yeah, but the gig itself is un-Ancelotti like. I don't know if he'd be interested in something like that. Doesn't strike me as a natural fit for Liverpool at all. If he wants a completely different challenge from his previous jobs, he might consider it, I suppose.

Ancelotti, for me, is someone you hire to win trophies, and someone who is adept at precisely that - the chances of him doing that straight away at Liverpool are very slim. Whoever takes over there will have to build something up gradually before being able to realistically challenge.

ThePlaymaker

Pep going to City will kill us. That is the crazy hyperbole you have used, twice. That is the one I said was nonsense. Cannot understand how thick are you to not grasp that.
To express the seriousness of it. Cant understand the how daft you are not to get that.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Milan finished 6th when Ancelotti took over from them. Before that he took over 6th placed Parma and guided them to 2nd.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
:lol:. Seriousness. Bloody hell! Grow a pair. Pep going to City will kill us. :lol:
Ridiculous, isn't it? However if Klopp did go to Liverpool and Pep to City, along with Mourinho and Wenger still around I'd be concerned should Giggs be our next manager. I'd be worried if Giggs was our next manager regardless, but the league would appear much tougher to win having to compete against all these great managers.

NK86

Ridiculous, isn't it? However if Klopp did go to Liverpool and Pep to City, along with Mourinho and Wenger still around I'd be concerned should Giggs be our next manager. I'd be worried if Giggs was our next manager regardless, but the league would appear much tougher to win having to compete against all these great managers.
As I have already said, I would be concerned if we are screwing up ourselves irrespective of who the other clubs' managers are. However I would not care less about Pep to City if we are doing great ourselves. People shitting themselves that Pep will take over City and "kill us" is baffling.

Moriarty

Pep will come to United. Given his friendship with Fergie, I wouldn't mind betting that some sort of arrangement is in place already. I think too that Liverpool will go for someone like Koeman with Klopp hanging on for the Bayern job, or maybe the national side if Lowe calls it a day.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Pep will come to United. Given his friendship with Fergie, I wouldn't mind betting that some sort of arrangement is in place already. I think too that Liverpool will go for someone like Koeman with Klopp hanging on for the Bayern job, or maybe the national side if Lowe calls it a day.
Lol. yeah, I bet they are real close.

Way closer I bet, than pep and his old teammate and former sporting director Txiki Begiristain (who also gave him the job as coach of the B team and promoted him to head coach of the A side), currently at city.

Also closer to fergie than Ferran Soriano, I'm sure. His old vice president and general manager, also now at city.

His ties with United are as tight knit as anything really.

MJJ

Way closer I bet, than pep and his old teammate and former sporting director Txiki Begiristain (who also gave him the job as coach of the B team and promoted him to head coach of the A side), currently at city.

Also closer to fergie than Ferran Soriano, I'm sure. His old vice president and general manager, also now at city.

You forgot his admiration for Rooney.

R'hllor

Good thing if Klopp goes to Liverpool,Subotic will instant follow,ok maybe not instant instant but think he will go where Klopp is,which is good coz he looks worse then Lovren after injury.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

You've got him there to be fair :lol:

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Rather him to Pool than Ancelotti. For as lovable as he may be, not sure he's in the top class of managers. Though my point isn't exactly well backed up, to be fair.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
You've got him there to be fair :lol:
Well you could argue Pep would be more attracted to United because LVG will have done all the spade work for his style and will leave him with a bright new squad. City have to replace a lot of players around the 30 mark as well.

Pep will have a lot of work to do to introduce his style at City. The PL wont be as forgiving as Germany. It will take time if he goes there.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Well you could argue Pep would be more attracted to United because LVG will have done all the spade work for his style and will leave him with a bright new squad. City have to replace a lot of players around the 30 mark as well.
I don't think that's as big a reason as people make it out to be. Pep's a football romantic, he loves the history of the game and has huge respect of former greats of the game. I'm pretty sure he'd choose United over City because of that, no matter the quality of the squad (as long as United don't drop to midtable or something like that of course ;).

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Why does it seem to me that Klopp is more keen on this job than the Liverpool committee (FSG?) is on giving it to him?

Pretty certain he would love to take this job, but have a feeling he's too 'independent' for them. Reckon they prefer to work with someone who is less confrontational, hence why I believe they would be more receptive to Ancellotti, who is pretty easy going and won't rock the boat.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Why does it seem to me that Klopp is more keen on this job than the Liverpool committee (FSG?) is on giving it to him?
What has Klopp done to give the impression he's keen on the job?

Jazz

What has Klopp done to give the impression he's keen on the job?
Nothing:lol:

Just my feeling tbh. From the little I've seen of his personality, I suspect he would be very attracted to this 'project' so to speak. I think he respects the history of the club, and the fact that he would have to come in and implement changes from top to bottom. Just have a funny feeling he would relish it.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Just my feeling tbh. From the little I've seen of his personality, I suspect he would be very attracted to this 'project' so to speak. I think he respects the history of the club, and the fact that he would have to come in and implement changes from top to bottom. Just have a funny feeling he would relish it.
Can't really disagree with that. But I also can't shake the feeling that he's a lot more ambitious than the image I have of him suggests.

Jazz

Can't really disagree with that. But I also can't shake the feeling that he's a lot more ambitious as the image I have of him suggests.
Possibly. He can be a bit enigmatic as well...
Will be interesting to see how it pans out. But if he goes to Liverpool, I have a feeling he would fall out with the people in charge there. Can't see him being happy with their 'transfer committee' interfering.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Possibly. He can be a bit enigmatic as well...
Will be interesting to see how it pans out. But if he goes to Liverpool, I have a feeling he would fall out with the people in charge there. Can't see him being happy with their 'transfer committee' interfering.
I'm not sure if that's any different to what he had at Dortmund (Klopp, Zorc (DoF) and Watzke (CEO) making all decisions on transfers together) and what's common at almost all German clubs. Liverpool just gave it a silly name, no idea why they felt the need to do that.

Jazz

I'm not sure if that's any different to what he had at Dortmund (Klopp, Zorc (DoF) and Watzke (CEO) making all decisions on transfers together) and what's common at almost all German clubs. Liverpool just gave it a silly name, no idea why they felt the need to do that.
I know he collaborated with them and it worked out very well. Quite frankly, from the little I can remember of them saying anything, they always sounded reasonable people to deal with (you would know better than me though:) - I could have had the wrong impression) - but I suspect dealing with this lot here will be a whole other story. Just don't get the feeling he would enjoy the same kind of relationship here. Of course I'm speculating here, but that is my feeling..

Jazz

Can't we just offer him the job by the end of the season and give LVG an early retirement?
We have no idea how he'll adapt to the Premier League though...

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
I know he collaborated with them and it worked out very well. Quite frankly, from the little I can remember of them saying anything, they always sounded reasonable people to deal with (you would know better than me though:) - I could have had the wrong impression) - but I suspect dealing with this lot here will be a whole other story. Just don't get the feeling he would enjoy the same kind of relationship here. Of course I'm speculating here, but that is my feeling..
That's possible, no doubt. Difficult to predict though, because Rodgers is so obviously a fecking moron that I feel sorry for the rest of the transfer commitee that they have to work with him. Maybe Klopp would get along with them quite well, who knows. The set-up in general isn't a problem.

Jazz

That's possible, no doubt. Difficult to predict though, because Rodgers is so obviously a fecking moron that I feel sorry for the rest of the transfer commitee that they have to work with him. Maybe Klopp would get along with them quite well, who knows. The set-up in general isn't a problem.
:D

Moriarty

I didn't say he had ties with United. I said he was a close friend of Fergie. Maybe you're right and the Barcelona connection may sway him towards City but I wouldn't bet on that. He's managed two of Europe's biggest club sides and as much as they like to crow, City ain't that.

steve9

What does Bayern want with Klopp? Pressing is the only playmaker...

Klopp is a good coach for an underdog - and he knows all of the rhetoric he needs for that - not for one of the really big teams...

Liverpool probably would be a good match.
BW, I rarely disagree with you, but in this case I have to. Klopp is a boss, and players love him. That alone is pretty much enough for a big club. The style of play is what it is, but it always follows the material available. At Bayern of course his style would be way different to Dortmund's. Mainz didn't play like Dortmund either.

I'm very sure that Klopp will not decide about his next job until Pep has decided whether he will stay or not. I'm convinced he's been already told by Bayern that he'll be the next one in case Pep wants to leave.

NoPace

Liverpool is a tough job right now. Expectations (CL Football) are high and they've got to pass better teams to get there.

I'd say Benteke/Sturridge/Ings is enough for the lone striker role, Coutinho the 10 and Firmino/Lallana/Ibe can be your 2-4 wingers, but they need a big buy out wide in attack. 30M right there.

Midfield, their best players are all similar in Henderson, Can and Milner being good runners who work hard and are okay going forward and going wide but a bit clueless defensively. None can hold. No controllers of games with passing either. 20M for a top holder and another 30M for the passer they need to dominate games.

Fullbacks, Clyne is a good player and Moreno can fight for a job with a more defensively solid LB. 10M there and they can skimp on Clyne's backup with Can or Flanagan backing him up.

Center backs, only Skrtel is reliable and he's nothing special. Gomez looks promising, but at his age that means 4th CB in a good case scenario. Lovren has to go. Sakho probably will but might be salvageable. Minimum 1CB for 20M here, but that's if Sakho or Skrtel can start. More likely a 2nd one will be needed.

Mignolet is a run of the mill backup like Romero. Good shotstopper, terrible at everything else. 15M for a solid starter.

So, if I'm Klopp, I'm not touching the job without a promise of 100M in transfer funds, and that's ignoring the passing CM and 2nd CB, though if you sell Lovren, Markovic and one of Allen or Lucas that might be another 20M to get one of the 2.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Fair post, NoPace. A big midfielder and a decent manager makes us look a lot better than we currently look, and of that I'm sure. Top 4? Maybe not, but we'd be a hell of a lot closer.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Rumoured that Walter Mazzarri (ex-Inter, Napoli boss) flew in to Liverpool for talks about the manager's job. Surprising choice if true.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Rumoured that Walter Mazzarri (ex-Inter, Napoli boss) flew in to Liverpool for talks about the manager's job. Surprising choice if true.
:lol: That sounds like us alright. Sigh.

ThePlaymaker

:lol:. Seriousness. Bloody hell! Grow a pair. Pep going to City will kill us. :lol:
I wouldn't have used those words if I felt it was over the top would I?. But even if it is, who are you to order anyone around? Don't use this word or that? Love to play the bully do you?. Pfft you're not fooling anyone son.

Last edited:

NK86

I wouldn't have used those words if I felt it was over the top would I?. But even if it is, who are you to order anyone around? Don't use this word or that? Love to play the bully do you?. Pfft you're not fooling anyone son.
I am laughing at your apparent lack of conviction in how strong a club United is. I am not ordering you around. I don't do that. But I have every right to mock the stupid post you made. And it is not just me, others have also pointed out that you seem like a WUM account.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
You need to relax a bit. Nobody is bullying you.

"Pep to City is going to kill us" was a strange phrase to use.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
:lol: That sounds like us alright. Sigh.
How can FSG screw this up? It's so obvious that Klopp is the perfect man for the job. Especially since by most accounts, he actually wants the job. For them to turn their nose up at him, is downright mind-boggling and laughable. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.