Klopp Confirmed Liverpool Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolredwine

lameredboots
The liverpool job is still a big one, but what's the attraction for klopp here?

It's obviously not a step up in his career, and if he fails at this one there'll be no top clubs calling in the future.
Not really. Look at Rafa Benitez. winging it since the past 5 years.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
I thought he was riding it out till June 2016 and waiting for the Bayern or Germany posts to become available...

Someone

Something
His last two seasons...
It had more to do with the new ownership back then than rafa, he has won the CL with liverpool, guided them to another final and they were consistently good in europe. You can't judge him by his last season just like you can't judge klopp by his last year with dortmund.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
What are the German press saying about this?
They made fun of the 'let's dress like Klopp' idea from a few Liverpool fans. That was a few days ago. Not a lot reported since then.

Last edited:

prath92

His football tore us a new one in two CL finals mate. I wouldnt want that kind of football at City.
Pep is not a superman. Him at City wouldn't make them scarier than them now. People expected him to dominate Europe with an already brilliant bayern. But they lost away to Basel shaktar and all and thrashed by barca and Madrid.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Kloppo at Liverpool could be a fantastic fit (for them - not for us). He would immediately turn them into top 4 contenders.

ThePlaymaker

Pep is not a superman. Him at City wouldn't make them scarier than them now. People expected him to dominate Europe with an already brilliant bayern. But they lost away to Basel shaktar and all and thrashed by barca and Madrid.
Its hard to explain, but Pep's effect on City wont be just about improving their first team, though I'm certain he'll improve their football by several levels and make them even more superior. At the moment, he's one of the most respected managers around. Players are clamoring to play for him. Not to mention the effect he will have on their already brilliant academy. I've got winds of unpleasant news that young players prefer to join their academy than ours. With Pep being their manager, talented kids around the world will want to part of his popular tiki taka philosophy than us. This will kill us.

NK86

His football tore us a new one in two CL finals mate. I wouldnt want that kind of football at City.
That was not his football. It was that team which tore us apart. Some of you lot talk as if Pep would come down on to the pitch and start playing again. Also, the fact that City may improve does not mean we won't. As long as we do our job properly, I could not care less as to who heads City.

NK86

If I was united fan, I'd be more worried about Pep potentially going to City than Klopp possibly going to manage Liverpool.
Again, Pep going to City won't suddenly make it easier or difficult for us. We need to make sure we improve. If you see City play, they are already playing really well. Pep may improve them in Europe but all this talk of "fear" is seriously poor.

NK86

Its hard to explain, but Pep's effect on City wont be just about improving their first team, though I'm certain he'll improve their football by several levels and make them even more superior. At the moment, he's one of the most respected managers around. Players are clamoring to play for him. Not to mention the effect he will have on their already brilliant academy. I've got winds of unpleasant news that young players prefer to join their academy than ours. With Pep being their manager, talented kids around the world will want to part of his popular tiki taka philosophy than us. This will kill us.
Stop with this hyperbolic bs. Nothing would "kill us". Some of you lot need to grow a pair and realize it is Manchester United you are talking about.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
They made fun of the 'let's dress like Klopp' idea from a few Liverpool fans. That was a few days ago. Nothing a lot reported since then.
Wait, what? Liverpool fans are dressing up like Klopp? Where and why is this happening?

ThePlaymaker

That was not his football. It was that team which tore us apart. Some of you lot talk as if Pep would come down on to the pitch and start playing again. Also, the fact that City may improve does not mean we won't. As long as we do our job properly, I could not care less as to who heads City.
Why would he come to the pitch and play? He's a manager. You don't want to call it his football? Fine, it was his team playing Pep's football with Pep's tactical setup. Of course we should focus on ourselves, but the prospect of City improving their football to that level or close to that? I don't want to see that in my life time.

NK86

Why would he come to the pitch and play? He's a manager. You don't want to call it his football? Fine, it was his team playing Pep's football with Pep's tactical setup. Of course we should focus on ourselves, but the prospect of City improving their football to that level or close to that? I don't want to see that in my life time.
You think Pep is the only guy in the world of football who can make teams play well? Did you see Bayen's season before Pep arrived? They were an absolute beast and tore Barca a new one. The same Barca who played this "tiki taka" that you drool over. What did Barca do then? Changed their style to a more direct and counter attacking one and in turn ripped apart Pep's Bayern.

All this super hyperbolic crap about Pep's arrival killing us and destroying us really annoys me no end.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
What? They lost to Basel two years before Pep was there and they never lost to Shakhtar at all.

ThePlaymaker

Stop with this hyperbolic bs. Nothing would "kill us". Some of you lot need to grow a pair and realize it is Manchester United you are talking about.
Of course we're United, but we're not exactly at the very top level of European football at the moment are we? We are trying to get back there. Even City's team at the moment are superior to us (on paper). Their academy is supposedly better than ours too.
You think Pep is the only guy in the world of football who can make teams play well? Did you see Bayen's season before Pep arrived? They were an absolute beast and tore Barca a new one. The same Barca who played this "tiki taka" that you drool over. What did Barca do then? Changed their style to a more direct and counter attacking one and in turn ripped apart Pep's Bayern.

All this super hyperbolic crap about Pep's arrival killing us and destroying us really annoys me no end.
I'm not drooling over tiki taka you tit. I'm just saying its popular, one of the most admired football around. And kids seem to love it. City playing that football on top of their reportedly better and more attractive academy, will attract talented kids much more than us. Stronger first team with superior football to superior academy, and seemingly long term rich owner, they may dominate success from first team level to kids level. That I don't want to see.

In any case, this is way off topic.

ants7

I can honestly see him taking the Arsenal job.
I'd actually be less annoyed with this than him going to Liverpool. Somehow I've always had a big respect for Arsenal.

Probably not the most popular opinion here.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I thought that Dortmund had a DOF and most of the transfers are made by him rather than Klopp. Maybe I was wrong.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Rodgers has just said this in his press conference. Doesn't sound like a man who's confident of being in his job much longer

James Pearce ‏@JamesPearceEcho 29s29 seconds ago
Rodgers: "I have regular contact with owners & that relationship strong.No matter how much longer I'm here, I'll have huge respect for them.

paul joyce ‏@pjoyceexpress 35s35 seconds ago
BR: "whether I am here for one day more, one month, one year, I will always have huge respect for the owners here."

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
I thought that Dortmund had a DOF and most of the transfers are made by him rather than Klopp. Maybe I was wrong.
Why do you think you're wrong about that? It's not a decision by a single person at Dortmund. Klopp had a huge influence in the signings but I'm pretty sure Zorc and Watzke could veto a player, just like they wouldn't have forced a player on Klopp if he didn't agree with the purchase. Klopp didn't deal with the agents, the transfer negotiations and all that. But he was involved in choosing the players.

izec

Rodgers has just said this in his press conference. Doesn't sound like a man who's confident of being in his job much longer

James Pearce ‏@JamesPearceEcho 29s29 seconds ago
Rodgers: "I have regular contact with owners & that relationship strong.No matter how much longer I'm here, I'll have huge respect for them.

paul joyce ‏@pjoyceexpress 35s35 seconds ago
BR: "whether I am here for one day more, one month, one year, I will always have huge respect for the owners here."
Pray for Brendan.

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
Dont get the extreme hype around him. Hes a good manager but nothing better than what Pool have had and failed with before. Plus he got found out a bit last season, it clearly wasnt the team because they are doing pretty well now.

Not a worrying appointment if it happens.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
:nono: Dont be one of these guys, stand by Brendan. Klopp is just a cheap German Brendan copy.
Lol. Tbh I've been a huge fan of Brendan and was all in favour of giving him this season to try and improve from last years debacle. The problem is that we seem to be even worse. No fluidity in our play, no one seems to know what anyone else is going to do and our back line is still awful (although our full backs have improved).
Rodgers has lost most of the support that he had and it's not helped by abject performances and the fact that we'd be on 5 points from 6 games if it hadn't been for some awful refereeing in the Bournemouth game

prath92

I really doubt it. He is a good manager but I don't think he will improve them a whole lot. Plus he isn't really a long term manager material to worry about long term

What? They lost to Basel two years before Pep was there and they never lost to Shakhtar at all.
Yeah sorry Porto and shaktar. He struggled against them away but won at home. And struggled against barca and Madrid. Which is exactly what's city now.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I really doubt it. He is a good manager but I don't think he will improve them a whole lot. Plus he isn't really a long term manager material to worry about long term

Yeah sorry Porto and shaktar. He struggled against them away but won at home. And struggled against barca and Madrid. Which is exactly what's city now.
Again, he did not lose to Shakhtar and he beat Porto 6-1 in return leg.

prath92

Again, he did not lose to Shakhtar and he beat Porto 6-1 in return leg.
Yes which is exactly like city now. Inconsistent results against the minnows and completely dominated by the big teams. I don't see how he is going to make them formidable and up several Notches.

Status
Not open for further replies.