Klopp Confirmed Liverpool Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Everyone who claims that Liverpool would not be attractive for Klopp has no idea about his personalty or the image of Liverpool in Germany.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Please. That´s simply not true, unless the EPL loses it´s 4th spot.
Let's put it this way - they have little quality in their current squad and are in the same category of the likes of Spurs and various upstarts like Swansea, West Ham. They are not in the same league as the United, City, Chelsea, or Arsenal in terms of squad talent and are regressing rapidly. Their only top player left them two seasons ago and they have squandered his transfer money on rubbish players who not surprisingly have not produced. That's hardly a situation that will appeal to a world class manager.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Let's put it this way - they have little quality in their current squad and are in the same category of the likes of Spurs and various upstarts like Swansea, West Ham. They are not in the same league as the United, City, Chelsea, or Arsenal in terms of squad talent and are regressing rapidly. Their only top player left them two seasons ago and they have squandered his transfer money on rubbish players who not surprisingly have not produced. That's hardly a situation that will appeal to a world class manager.
And Mighty Red has handed in a transfer request.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Everyone who claims that Liverpool would not be attractive for Klopp has no idea about his personalty or the image of Liverpool in Germany.
He relishes a challenge, doesn't he?

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Would be good for the league.
Would be bad for those of us who genuinely likes Klopp, but don't like Liverpool.

Glanville95

The last tweet is depressing for us, but probably lovely for you United fans :lol:

Klopp is the dream. Ancelotti would be great, and perhaps even Pardew or Big Sam would be an upgrade at this point, but my heart wants Jurgen. I'll post a topless selfie if we get him (I'm a fat dude :drool:).
Please don't.

VanGaalEra

Feck sake. Now I don't mind if they win on the weekend. Need to keep Rodgers there.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I want to get excited, I really do.

Head says FSG are going to be patient and at any rate have been warned off Klopp by some no-mark they think is an expert.

Distracted Steward

Would Liverpool back him long enough to matter? Are they willing to undergo deep, painful change or do they believe they are on the cusp? If the latter, would Klopp have a chance to turn them around?

Not to be a cynical United supporter, but I'll believe it when I see it. Klopp might be bohemian enough to do it, but he could go to a stronger club.

buckooo1978

Liverpool with their budget, history, current issues and Klopp with his ability to create an effective attacking team without spending bucketloads are a match made in heaven

If I was FSG I'd be moving mountains to make it happen....

LARulz

If Liverpool don't hurry then they're idiots. But if I was Klopp I'd wait till the summer. Rodgers will get sacked soon enough and in the summer who knows what'll be available

buckooo1978

Would Liverpool back him long enough to matter? Are they willing to undergo deep, painful change or do they believe they are on the cusp? If the latter, would Klopp have a chance to turn them around?

Not to be a cynical United supporter, but I'll believe it when I see it. Klopp might be bohemian enough to do it, but he could go to a stronger club.
what stronger club though?

he could be attracted by a City like London but to where? Arsenal would be the only possible destination if Wenger has plans to retire

Italy? I don't think so......

Spain? There isn't a top job going there anytime soon - Rafa looks safe anyway

Distracted Steward

what stronger club though?

he could be attracted by a City like London but to where? Arsenal would be the only possible destination if Wenger has plans to retire

Italy? I don't think so......

Spain? There isn't a top job going there anytime soon - Rafa looks safe anyway
Do you work through that and come up with "Liverpool most likely"?

buckooo1978

Do you work through that and come up with "Liverpool most likely"?
no but I think the scale of the club is close to what he's worked with before and, from what I've read about his character, they'd be a good fit

I think they are definitely a club with a profile he would be interested in....do you disagree?

where do you see as most likely? Could you see him taking over one of the mega-rich clubs?

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Would be a good appointment for Liverpool, he'd have a lot of work to do though so it wouldn't worry me too much.

Devil may care

This would be unpleasant, I really like Klopp. Plus more importantly if he goes there and Guardiola goes to City in the summer we are out of great options to replace LvG at the end of his contract.

Zoo

There was an Independent article on Sunday saying that Klopp won't be considered. And:

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I like Klopp a lot, but I do wonder if he has been found out somewhat. I don't think what he did at Dortmund is repeatable. That is not to say he can't build a very good team and be successful, just that the Dortmund era was unique in so many ways. For me there are still a lot of question marks over him. The implosion of the team last year, despite the exits, was alarming and exposed some deficiencies. All that said, I'd rather he didn't go to Liverpool, because if he gets it right, he gets it very right.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
I like Klopp a lot, but I do wonder if he has been found out somewhat. I don't think what he did at Dortmund is repeatable. That is not to say he can't build a very good team and be successful, just that the Dortmund era was unique in so many ways. For me there are still a lot of question marks over him. The implosion of the team last year, despite the exits, was alarming and exposed some deficiencies. All that said, I'd rather he didn't go to Liverpool, because if he gets it right, he gets it very right.
He would need to be a very special manager to clean up that mess, and he as you pointed out the demise of Dortmund indicates he is not a special manager. Loserpool are a mess, they need more than a change of management. The players they have bought are no replacement for Suarez,Slippy,Sterling or Carragher.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Our owners are really stupid if they don't try everything to get one of Klopp or Ancelotti - it's been five years since we had a manager with any pedigree in the modern game. Unfortunately, I'd be very surprised if we got either.

As for Rodgers - it's time for him to go. Getting pissed on by Stoke at the end of last season was very nearly the final straw for me - and this season so far has been a mess. Barring one decent spell last year, we've looked absolutely rubbish since the 13/14 season. No personal vendetta against the man but it's just not good enough.

Jerch

He doesn´t need to turn them into good players. They are good players. Whether that means he´d have success is a different story. He certainly started with much less talent at Mainz (duh) and Dortmund. People think of Liverpool as #5, but I doubt Klopp looks at it that way. He knows the squad has some very good players and the war chest is sufficient. He has done a lot more with a lot less.
Please name me that very good players.

Jerch

Of course natural talent must be there, but Lewandowski, Hummels and Gündogan were still relatively unknown and raw at the time Dortmund bought them. Sure they all had talent, but Kloppo made them what they are today. The list goes on and on. Subotic, Reus, Pisczek, Götze, Schmelzer, Bender, Sahin, Kuba. Sure some of them were highly rated, but it doesnt matter that they actually justified the hype to some extend. He will promote some youth palyers, turn them into good players and turn some of the crap into decent players too. Plus he will spend here and there to make the squad his squad.
We said the same with LVG that he will turn some of the "crap" into decent players like Kagawa, Cleverley, Welbeck and promote youth players and turn them into good players. TBF he has much better and especially longer history at doing that then Klopp. Did he do that? No he didn't. I don't want to be disrespectful to payers who were good servents to our team but you can't take a shit and turn it into a cake. He also didn't yet promoted single youth player into the first eleven and we have some great talents like Januzaj, Pereira, McNair and Wilson.
The position with Dortmund was also totally different, their league was significally weaker then a PL is now so this gave him the opportunity to give experience to youth players and to made them players they became, he also was at a club with a lot less money so when his club wanted other players the club didn't asked for a lot of money, when Liverpool will come asking for a players the price will raise significally. I can state at least 2 or 3 reasons why the job at Liverpool will be very different and harder than a job he did at Dortmund.

CM

Decent manager but I think even he'd have problems turning that shower of shite into a golden shower

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Find it a bit odd that some simply dismiss this. Sure, if his only concern is going to a CL club where everything (well, all's relative, but you get the idea) is in place and he can just start tinkering with the tactics - then yeah, he obviously won't go to Liverpool.

But that idea seems to ignore plenty when it comes the man's personal traits.

The biggest problem with him taking over at Liverpool will be the state of the league - which is radically different from the state of the Bundesliga at the time when he took Dortmund to the top. He needs to compete with four teams that are all presently in a clearly superior position in terms of every relevant factor. That won't be easy. Even an excellent manager could easily fail to get Liverpool challenging again in the foreseeable future. If they do hire him, it'll have to be another "project", realistically speaking.

But then again, I think he's the sort of manager who would fancy that challenge.

And - it has to be said - what I said about the state of the league and those four teams is true on paper...but in reality? Well, it doesn't take more than a shabby season on the part of one of them - and you're in. If Liverpool could come within a slip of the title in a season where the opposition under-performed, managed by Rodgers, well - it's not inconceivable at all that someone like Klopp could do something similar. And someone like Klopp would presumably be able to build on that much better than Rodgers was able to.

devil in me

I can see this happening sooner rather than later. Klopp wants a project and a challenge, and that shower of shite is certainly a challenge. If he isnt worried by lack of Champions League, then Liverpool would be a big draw for him. Still a massive club and you can see why Klopp would be highly tempted. Could be in by xmas IMO.

Browniee

He won't go to Liverpool, Christ he'll see that abomination of a squad and run a mile.
He will tarnish his career taking that job, poison chalice

Browniee

I can see this happening sooner rather than later. Klopp wants a project and a challenge, and that shower of shite is certainly a challenge. If he isnt worried by lack of Champions League, then Liverpool would be a big draw for him. Still a massive club and you can see why Klopp would be highly tempted. Could be in by xmas IMO.
If he does go there, it will be well before Xmas I'm afraid

Jerch

He won't go to Liverpool, Christ he'll see that abomination of a squad and run a mile.
He will tarnish his career taking that job, poison chalice
This, tell me one manager who came out of this job as a winner. It is a club who can't attract good players, a club who always sell their best players, a club who is competing with 4 at the moment much better clubs and with fans who have unreasonable expectations because their history 25 years ago.

Browniee

This, tell me one manager who came out of this job as a winner. It is a club who can't attract good players, a club who always sell their best players, a club who is competing with 4 at the moment much better clubs and with fans who have unreasonable expectations because their history 25 years ago.
Maybe he'll bring Reus with him.
Pah! Lolz

Last edited:

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
I can see him going there, no matter how much turmoil they may be in now they are still seen as a big club across Europe and this shouldn't be underestimated. Ok A few years of European obscurity is in progress, but that doesn't change the fact that they have won 5 European cups.

They can still be considered an attractive prospect to Klopp and I believe he likes a challenge doesn't he? What bigger challenge is there in European football right now then undoing the mess that Brentan has created?

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Aside from the lack of technical quality, the current Liverpool squad doesn't have anything like the type of energy, pace or aggression of Klopp's Dortmund. Doesn't seem like a good fit to me.

His next move is vital, if he fails then he'll be damaged goods. Don't see him taking the chance with such a mediocre set up.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Liverpool is still a huge club with a great history. It's a brilliant opportunity for the right manager. He just isn't that manager.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Worth bearing in mind, also, that Liverpool haven't had a highly recognized (or particularly popular, outside of RAWK) manager for years. Certainly not since Rafa's golden period. So, the fact that they are currently - under Rodgers - unable to attract a certain category of player, isn't a very good argument. Because the presence of Klopp would change that dramatically. In spite of his exit from Dortmund he's still immensely popular - and I have no doubt that he'd be a very attractive manager to play for. Being part of HIS "project" at Liverpool is a very different kettle of fish from being part of Brenda's.

justboy68

I wouldn't be too worried about him being there to be honest. I don't think even Klopp would be able to make them particularly threatening as things stand. We saw once Dortmund lost some of their quality that he struggled. There's a similar lack of quality at Liverpool, they are just too far away post-Suarez.

If he went to Arsenal then I'd be more worried. I think he could potentially turn them into real challengers if Wenger decided to call it a day.

Jerch

Liverpool is still a huge club with a great history. It's a brilliant opportunity for the right manager. He just isn't that manager.
History don't mean nothing. If we would struggle last season to get top 4 finish we would struggle to attract players we bought this season - Schweinsteiger, Depay, Martial especially since the first wouldn't want to move from Bayern to a team without CL and the last two would go to other clubs since they had offers from Bayern, PSG (Depay) and Barcelona, Chelsea (Martial). You can argue that Schneiderlin would also probably moved to Arsenal if we wouldn't be in CL. One off season is a blip, they have what 5 seasons without CL with only a CL last season. The only positive for a new manager is that they have money to spend but if the owners want another rebuilding is up to a new debate - i don't think they want that.
The fact is, the fans and the board will demand at least top 4 from their manager and it is big task. Most managers would and will fail at that because to get them to top four they need their players to play in form of their life and that one of current top 4 teams have really bad season like we did in 13/14. Most manager will just crush their reputation there,
He already said that he is willing ot take on a project in a smaller club so Liverpool should fit right in his plans
Saying something and doing that in the end is totally different thing. I don't think he had Liverpool in mind when he said that.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
He'd be a very good appointment. I don't think he'd necessarily turn them into dominant title winners as such, but there's an incredibly strong chance that he'd improve them.

I find it a bit strange when people are saying it's incredibly unlikely he'd be able to take Liverpool back into the top 4. It's hardly that difficult. Yeah, they're a bit shit at the moment, but it only takes a few decent signings, players surprisingly hitting form and perhaps some luck in addition to look like a much better side. It happened to Liverpool before: they looked fairly average in 2012/2013, and were suddenly almost winning the title in 2013/2014. He'd have a bit of work to do, of course, but getting them back into the CL wouldn't be too difficult a task if things went right for him.

I still hope he'll come to us - he'd be a very good appointment after LVG and I imagine he'd potentially be enticed by the prospect of the job, but he'll probably be attracted to the prospect of Liverpool as well.

montpelier

It seems possible to break into this top 4 thing because teams keep doing it - Liverpool, Spurs, Everton. Doing it a 2nd time seems very difficult though, possibly because you then have CL games to cope with while you're trying to do it. And need a bigger squad with rotation issues etc

Unfortunately LFC expectations extend beyond even this, they want to think of themselves as CL contenders - as of right.

What Brendan is up to atm though? No idea, he could have started by fixing what can be fixed, GK, Lovren.. but he doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.