Klopp post-match meltdown

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Klopps massively stepping on his own point here. Not sure what the point of playing Fabinho especially at all is. An injury to him and our goose could be cooked.

Giggs' right foot

Klopps massively stepping on his own point here. Not sure what the point of playing Fabinho especially at all is. An injury to him and our goose could be cooked.
It makes no sense. The only upside is the... what 3 million euros you get for a win. That’s it. If Salah, Jota or Fabinho gets injuried or too exhausted for the next game, this would be very unwise.

Ludens the Red

You've not been paying attention if you believe that, Klopp has been banging the same drum after every game, win or lose. If he only mentioned it after a non-winning game it wouldn't even have come up that much ;)

Maybe tonight's choices are to keep the "integrity of the game" or something, I dunno. I do agree that it's strange. Nat Philips isn't available in the CL so I wouldn't even know who we'd play at CB instead of Fabinho to begin with.
Ha, perhaps but I do know the big rant came after Brighton. Considering your defensive injuries, literally anyone I would think.

It makes no sense. The only upside is the... what 3 million euros you get for a win. That’s it. If Salah, Jota or Fabinho gets injuried or too exhausted for the next game, this would be very unwise.
I thought it was like half a million? Well it is in FM anyway.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
So all this ranting about fixtures and subs and Klopp in literally the most pointless game of the season sends out a team tonight including Fabinho, Salah and Jota. the Fabinho inclusion in particular is batshit.

I don’t really understand Klopp and Pep.
They bitch and complain about five subs/fixtures but do things like make zero or no subs in games. Play overly strong teams in the CL even though they’ve already won their group.

This is why people won’t take their whining seriously. Seems to only be an issue after a game in which they don’t win.
Good point, well made. He’s definitely made a bit of a tit of himself with that selection. Maybe Salah needs some post-covid match fitness but wtf is he doing starting Fabinho?!

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Ha, perhaps but I do know the big rant came after Brighton. Considering your defensive injuries, literally anyone I would think.

I thought it was like half a million? Well it is in FM anyway.
A draw is 0.9m EUR and a win is 2.7m EUR if I'm not mistaken.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Very very weird. Normally he loves to play D teams even in half serious games if I look at his record in league and fa cup games.
Maybe limited by the UCL squad registrations? Don't know the rules or who Pool have registered.

Chief123

After Klopp losing his shit with BT sport and blaming them for his fixture congestion, he puts out a stupid lineup. Really creating a rod for his own back the next time this argument comes up about players getting burnt out or injured.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
What the actual feck Klopp? Did I just see Salah running his socks for 90 minutes in this shit? And bringing Mane and Robertson on so they could get a twist or a Richarlison?

It feels like yesterday but Ole is managing us instead? :houllier:

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
What the actual feck Klopp? Did I just see Salah running his socks for 90 minutes in this shit? And bringing Mane and Robertson on so they could get a twist or a Richarlison?

Tsimikas got injured so Robertson had to come on. Mane came on for 10 minutes or so, leaving Salah on was risky business but he had to have some experience on at least up top and at the back to settle the youngsters. He would have come off earlier if Jota and co didn't feck up our counter attacks from their corners. Fabinho only played for the first half anyway and he used all of his 5 subs.

Josh 76

Only got Fulham at the weekend so can play rest more players.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Only got Fulham at the weekend so can play rest more players.
We have Spurs three days after that. Villa thashed us 7-3 and though Fulham are much worse Salah may be needed to stretch his hamstrings for a full 95 minutes in that game. That's following on from 98 minutes of hamstring stretches in this meaningless game. Then Spurs for a further 90+ of hamstring stretches. Then Klopp complaining about fixture congestion and how Salah was never protected.

Seriously, the fact Salah (and the rest) were even on the plane is very bad play from Jurgen. Very bad.

Pavl3n

We have Spurs three days after that. Villa thashed us 7-3 and though Fulham are much worse Salah may be needed to stretch his hamstrings for a full 95 minutes in that game. That's following on from 98 minutes of hamstring stretches in this meaningless game. Then Spurs for a further 90+ of hamstring stretches. Then Klopp complaining about fixture congestion and how Salah was never protected.

Seriously, the fact Salah (and the rest) were even on the plane is very bad play from Jurgen. Very bad.
7-2 !!!

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Klopp "We need 5 subs in EPL matches or my players are going to get completely burnt out".

Also Klopp "I don't need to use and subs vs Tottenham".

Also Klopp even more "Ok, we're only up 4-0 so sit back down Origi and warm up Salah"

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself

And then in a game today where Liverpool are winning 4-0, rather than giving Origi a run out, he brings Salah into the match. What is the point of that? He complains about his players being over worked and getting injured because of it and then does no subs vs Tottenham and today brings in Salah in a match that is already won!?!?

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
And then in a game today where Liverpool are winning 4-0, rather than giving Origi a run out, he brings Salah into the match. What is the point of that? He complains about his players being over worked and getting injured because of it and then does no subs vs Tottenham and today brings in Salah in a match that is already won!?!?
Would love if a reporter had the balls to ask him about his rationale.

Needham

This guy's a fraud. The Christmas fixture schedule will find him out.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Let’s answer this reasonably.

The Spurs game was on a knife edge. Very marginal game. Liverpool’s bench was very thin due to the large injury list. Keita and Ox both just returned from injury so weren’t used. Liverpool scored in the 90th minute, defeating a key rival. Excellent result. Top of the league.

After Palace, Liverpool don’t play for 8 days. Resting Salah from the start and giving him 25 minutes is pretty reasonable and not undue strain on the player given the rest that follows. The goal difference after yesterday might be vital. Origi may never play for Liverpool again as Wolves look to buy him in January.

Klopp’s stance on 5 subs doesn’t mean you arbitrarily use all subs every game - especially if your bench is incredibly thin and utilising subs may weaken you significantly.

The broader point about player welfare now appears to have been lost as rival fans just seem to want to point score. But Klopp is in the majority on this point in terms of the big leagues across Europe. Given his football brain, going with his stance might be wise.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
What do you mean by find him out? What do you mean by fraud? Explain in your expert words please.

Needham

What do you mean by find him out? What do you mean by fraud? Explain in your expert words please.
Successful managers peak during the T section of a U curve. Klopps numbers are superficially ok but fade behind the integer. He's admitted as much in interviews with Die Gaisterbaiter.

georgipep

The Spurs game was on a knife edge. Very marginal game. Liverpool’s bench was very thin due to the large injury list. Keita and Ox both just returned from injury so weren’t used. Liverpool scored in the 90th minute, defeating a key rival. Excellent result. Top of the league.

After Palace, Liverpool don’t play for 8 days. Resting Salah from the start and giving him 25 minutes is pretty reasonable and not undue strain on the player given the rest that follows. The goal difference after yesterday might be vital. Origi may never play for Liverpool again as Wolves look to buy him in January.

Klopp’s stance on 5 subs doesn’t mean you arbitrarily use all subs every game - especially if your bench is incredibly thin and utilising subs may weaken you significantly.

The broader point about player welfare now appears to have been lost as rival fans just seem to want to point score. But Klopp is in the majority on this point in terms of the big leagues across Europe. Given his football brain, going with his stance might be wise.
Good post and I agree with the logic. There are many things we (we as Manchester United fans, not you and I) can point and argue about Klopp but the 5 subs rule is not about using them every game. It's about the option to use them. For example, I'm certain he would've used all 5 against Palace, if he could.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Successful managers peak during the T section of a U curve. Klopps numbers are superficially ok but fade behind the integer. He's admitted as much in interviews with Die Gaisterbaiter.
As long these are accompanied by the integers 20 and 21 even Klopp will have to conclude his logic may need peer reviewing. :)

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
No he isn't and no it won't.
It's very likely they win it again this year. Us and Spurs look the likeliest challenges and that's damning more than anything.

Our manager is more a fraud than their league and CL winning manager.

Bwuk

How are people calling him a fraud? If Klopp was at United he’d be able to win us the league with our set of players.

Dr. StrangeHate

How are people calling him a fraud? If Klopp was at United he’d be able to win us the league with our set of players.
He is a fraud because he will win the league this year with 10 points gap compared to 20 last year. He is taking Liverpool backwards.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Things certainly seem to fall their way whatever happens. That was mad for that game to finish 7-0 with all those Palace chances.

But I'm guessing that the fraud talk is ironic.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself

So he only wants 5 subs for games in which he is up 5 goals. In tight games he will just play his first 11 for 90 minutes and no matter what the score is, Salah will always play regardless of the score...got it. So why are we feeling sorry for him again??

Godfather

What the feck are you even talking about :lol:

Heinzesight

He’s not a fraud, he’s an an excellent football coach/manager.

He is however just an awful bastard of a man. A look-at-me, attention seeking, Beatles T-shirt wearing, heavy metal arsehole...but he’s soooo zany because he swears in interviews.

Essentially, a dick.

georgipep

So he only wants 5 subs for games in which he is up 5 goals. In tight games he will just play his first 11 for 90 minutes and no matter what the score is, Salah will always play regardless of the score...got it. So why are we feeling sorry for him again??
Who asks you to feel sorry for him? And he, like every other manager, will make subs when he feels they will either give his team better chances to win or the game is in the bag. The only other case is to replace an injured player. It's actually quite simple. And having 5 subs available is a great insurance for injuries in particular.

brzez

It seems that his constant moaning has shown results. Under the festive period, they play 27th against West Brom, 30th against Newcastle and the 4th January against Southampton, and then the break until they face us the 17th. Plenty of time for ze German roids to recover well. All winnable fixtures...

They’re getting that 20th title..:nervous:

Chief123

I still wouldn’t regard his subs use and lack of use as reasonable.

There was absolutely no reason to bring on Salah when 4-0 up against Palace yesterday. He wasn’t coming back from injury where he needed some minutes. He wasn’t coming on to help the team win or get a draw.

There was simply no rational reason to bring him on with such a busy schedule ahead and then complain about not having the ability to make more subs.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Klopp is not expecting sympathy. He’s making a point which many others agree with him on - including the Utd manager.

The broader point isn’t about substitute use in individual games. It’s the bigger picture. A brief pre-season followed by intense fixtures leads to lots of soft-tissue injuries. A third into the season and you can’t utilise your bench because you’re down to the bare bones. You’re then in a situation where using subs weakens your team so you’re reluctant to do so.