Klopp to leave Liverpool at the end of the season

90 + 5min

A CL, EPL (after 30 yr drought), FA cup, League Cup, Super Cup. I wouldnt call that a lack of trophies.
Some hard fought 92 and 97 points 2nd place finishes. I think Liverpool would be very pleased with the way he managed to be the only real contender to pep era despite spending a lot less
I’m not taking anything from him. However trophies matters. I know we have dominant ManCity that should have their trophies taken away and they have played almost same good football as in 70’s and 80’s but still. 5 trophies in seven years. Can be some more. I’m not sure that to be enough considering how much credit they get or got from everyone.

Last edited:

Kaizane

Everyone keeps asking why he's stepping down, when more often than not, the simplest answer is the correct one.

He's clearly shook at what we're cooking over here...

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Hasn’t Ancelotti extended his deal? I could see Klopp taking a year off then coming in at Madrid maybe.
Klopp should go to Barca

If anybody at Barca has any sense they should beg him to go there. They are never going to be good with fecking Xavi

Wolfbot

Delighted that this might well take Liverpool down a level. Klopp is an incredible manager, probably the most Fergiesque manager since the great man retired.

Pep is brilliant but seems to need the best of the best in every position, including back ups, to execute his vision.

When I think of Liverpool, only Salah, Alisson (and Van Dijk for a couple of seasons) come to mind as being truly top class players. Klopp somehow made the rest of them play like superstars.

Will be a big loss for them, hope to see him managing again somewhere else in the not too distant future.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Wow, lots of respect for Klopp. Going to be tough for them going forward. Not a fan of a lot of his 'antics', but have to admire the job he has done. Would love for United to somehow have gotten strong enough again and beaten Pool with Klopp. Glad he's gone ofcourse.
Very much so. It would be difficult to not have some kind of respect for what he has done and achieved, even grudgingly so.
But I am delighted he has chosen to go. It would be brilliant if Liverpool slumped as we have done since a significantly better manager in Sir Alex Ferguson retired from United. We can but hope.

KeanoMagicHat

The tide is potentially turning if United make the right decisions in the next year or two. Liverpool will struggle after Klopp and City could still be relegated with the charges. They've been the two outstanding teams of the past number of years. Van Dijk will be 33, Salah will be 32, De Bruyne will be 33 next season.

Skills

Snitch
Our record vs Klopp's Liverpool in all comps: 4 wins, 8 draws, 7 losses. One more game to come, perhaps 2 (if we draw them in Fa Cup).
2 came under Mourinho. The last 2 losers (+Rangnick) have really fecked the H2H up.

Ten Hag
1W 1D 1L GF 1 GA 8

Rangnick
1L GF 0 GA 4

Solskjaer
1 W 3D 3L GF 6 GA 14

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Everyone keeps asking why he's stepping down, when more often than not, the simplest answer is the correct one.

:lol: Thank for injecting some humor today. Well done.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Thank feck. Ridiculous manager. We are lucky it coincided with City being so good under Pep (and cheating) otherwise they would have won so much more. Hopefully they feck up the next few appointments.

IWat

I’m not taking anything from him. However trophies matters. I know we have dominant ManCity that should have their trophies taken away and they have played almost same good football as in 70’s and 80’s but still. 5 trophies in serven years. Can be some more. I’m not sure that to be enough considering how much credit they get or got from everyone.
He has done it while not being in the top 4 for net spend, I imagine even lower since he has been there. They're 9th over the last 5 seasons.

KeanoMagicHat

2 came under Mourinho. The last 2 losers (+Rangnick) have really fecked the H2H up.

Ten Hag
1W 1D 1L GF 1 GA 8

Rangnick
1L GF 0 GA 4

Solskjaer
1 W 3D 3L GF 6 GA 14
Nah, Mourinho had one win from what I could see, the first was Van Gaal.

dubplate warrior

Delighted that this might well take Liverpool down a level. Klopp is an incredible manager, probably the most Fergiesque manager since the great man retired.

Pep is brilliant but seems to need the best of the best in every position, including back ups, to execute his vision.

When I think of Liverpool, only Salah, Alisson (and Van Dijk for a couple of seasons) come to mind as being truly top class players. Klopp somehow made the rest of them play like superstars.

Will be a big loss for them, hope to see him managing again somewhere else in the not too distant future.
Mane, Trent, Robinson were all world class.

Trent is still world class imo.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Why’s Klopp making this public now in the thick of a title race? Fergie said it was a mistake the players knowing he was off.

mu4c_20le

Pep and Klopp as soon as we sign a footballing CEO

Kaizane

:lol: Thank for injecting some humor today. Well done.
Google "Man Utd jobs" and look at all the kitchen staff openings. We're hiring whole culinary teams out here. We've gone from raw chicken food sandals to absolutely cookin'.

SHOOK!

Dannn411

I think Pep's last season is 2024/25. I'm getting this weird feeling that he's also making plans to leave City with the rebuilding he's doing.
Once KDB, Bernardo and Kyle all go, Pep will follow shortly after. Players of that level are not common and Pep will definitely not have the patience to go through a full rebuild.

neon_badger

Wow, the top 10% can choose when or when not to work. Klopp is no different by quitting this summer.

Whereas, majority nowadays work paycheck to paycheck, and cannot take a break even when they need or want.
Its not like hes' a banker sailing into the sunset with millions gained from taxpayers bailing him out. He's one of the best at what he does in an industry worth billions (that he has significantly contributed to) you can't begrudge him earning good money, he clearly works harder than most, particularly when there's mediocre players earning obscene money.

tomaldinho1

He's the coach with the most outsized impact on a squad in my opinion, they will really struggle to get anywhere near their best under him for a long time now.

Pep will leave soon too, KDB is getting older, many of the players are hoping to move, I think they will stay at a very high level though. Pool I can see becoming like us.

Irwin99

TBH if City weren't cheating bastards, Pool would've been the most dominant team in the league the past decade. Just the fact that he pushed Guardiola all the way with a much smaller budget and after inheriting a worse team says it all.
That's my take as well- the guy turned Liverpool from a 30 year joke to a powerhouse again and completely rebuilt their team. Also, the closest i've ever seen anyone get to the quadruple (two games away from it wasn't he?)

Easily one of the greatest managers of the PL era, behind Sir Alex obviously but alongside Pep, Jose, Wenger. Hopefully Liverpool go into a serious decline when he leaves and they have to wait another 30 years for a great manager :D

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Google "Man Utd jobs" and look at all the kitchen staff openings. We're hiring whole culinary teams out here. We've gone from raw chicken food sandals to absolutely cookin'.

SHOOK!
I do miss the days when food was the only context we'd see 'cook' being used in.

siw2007

As a rival fan, I don’t like the bloke. But I begrudgingly respect the job he has done at Liverpool. He’s taken a very average Liverpool outfit and transformed them into one of the best sides in the world with a strong identity within the space of 3 years, which is incredible.

It will probably be De Zerbi or Alonso next, both are talented young coaches but they will be very lucky to come close to Klopp’s genius and influence on Liverpool and the premier league.

Winrar

Strange timing considering they're still in a title race.

Good riddance though, insufferable prick. And take it as a backhanded insult.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I'd not heard the news, and I just had a glance on BBC Football for the first time today, saw his face on 7 out of 8 of the top stories, I thought he'd died.

Obviously glad he hasn't, but it seems a bit OTT.

90 + 5min

That's my take as well- the guy turned Liverpool from a 30 year joke to a powerhouse again and completely rebuilt their team. Also, the closest i've ever seen anyone get to the quadruple (two games away from it wasn't he?)

Easily one of the greatest managers of the PL era, behind Sir Alex obviously but alongside Pep, Jose, Wenger. Hopefully Liverpool go into a serious decline when he leaves and they have to wait another 30 years for a great manager :D
I have hard time reading things like that. Sure, very good or great manager, but he only won one Premier League. That is same as Ranieri, Pellegrini, Conte, Dalglish, Ancelotti and Mancini. Mourinho and Wenger have 3 each, Guardiola have 5 and Ferguson got 13.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
I have hard time reading things like that. Sure, very good or great manager, but he only won one Premier League. That is same as Ranieri, Pellegrini, Conte, Dalglish, Ancelotti and Mancini. Mourinho and Wenger have 3 each, Guardiola have 5 and Ferguson got 13.
And a Champions League

tomaldinho1

That's on you. Klopp is above those managers you mentioned. I'd have him below Fergie and Pep. Alongside Wenger. Not sure if I would place Mourinho above Klopp or alongside him also.
I'd probably put him above Pep to be honest unless City are miraculously proven completely innocent - even then, just look at the spending difference between City and Pool.

I shudder when I think how close they came to multiple PL's, the quadruple and multiple CLs. Thank feck City were cheating to their eyeballs.

erikcred

Why’s Klopp making this public now in the thick of a title race? Fergie said it was a mistake the players knowing he was off.
They can't search for a new manager without all sorts of rumours spreading. Now that it's out there the club can get on with the job.

We on the other hand were probably just expecting SAF to also hand us a new manager when leaving, along with all the other work he did. Basically how we got Moyes.