Klopp to leave Liverpool at the end of the season

Fts 74

Completely over the top reaction to the goofy weirdo leaving, shouldn't be surprised seeing as it's them lot.
Excellent manager no doubt about that, but you'd swear he won the league 13 times, 2 CLs 5 FA cups in the time he's been here.

Charisma and passion they call it, I'd call it snide back handed compliments and a constant bullying of officials.

Good riddance.

Hammondo

Completely over the top reaction to the goofy weirdo leaving, shouldn't be surprised seeing as it's them lot.
Excellent manager no doubt about that, but you'd swear he won the league 13 times, 2 CLs 5 FA cups in the time he's been here.

Charisma and passion they call it, I'd call it snide back handed compliments and a constant bullying of officials.

Good riddance.
Every top manager does that though.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
There are a lot of gloryhunting fans from abroad such as myself for whom the rivarly is "learned" but does not come naturally.

For example, I always liked Klopp and think he is the best or second-best active manager (after Mourinho). If he took charge of Red Star Belgrade (haha like that would happen), I would start despising him, as I am surrounded by Red Star fans and have an organic dislike for anything Red Star.

All in all, it will be nice for me when he leaves and I can get back to being a good gloryhunter and dislike everything Liverpool, like before.
What do you mean “after Mourinho”? The currently active Mourinho hasn’t been a top manager for nearly a decade.

big_jeffstar

“The data department has been profiling replacements since November”

the data department on 1/11/23 -
“errrrm ..Xabi Alonso? …. Yeahhhh… pub?”

Fts 74

Every top manager does that though.
No one gets away with it like he does though.His deranged antics on the touchline are a disgrace, but he flashes those gnashers and everyone says how great he is.

Anyway, I'm delighted he's going for obvious reasons.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Built the best team the EPL has ever seen on a shoestring budget. Not backed by the oil moguls or the organic riches of United.
Surely in the conversation with SAF?

Don't bite...is he feck.

Good riddance.
Nice guy off the pitch probably, professionally he’s a total cnut. Good news for us.

Hammondo

No one gets away with it like he does though.His deranged antics on the touchline are a disgrace, but he flashes those gnashers and everyone says how great he is.

Anyway, I'm delighted he's going for obvious reasons.
SAF did often.

Garnacho's Shoelaces

Winning the Champions League is impressive but it's a tier below willing EPL and UCL in the same year.

You can't call yourself "European Champions" because you won the UCL if you aren't even the best team domestically.

Applying the same logic would mean Wigan were "English Champions" for their 2013 FA Cup win despite finishing 20th domestically.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Yeah, you left that part out the first time. I just added that context. We seem to be in agreement.

Plus not sure why you're shouting "IMMEDIATELY". I also said he delivered "RIGHT AWAY".
I was simply re emphasizing the point. Rather than intending to shout. My bad:o

Many people tend to try and play down what he did like it was piss easy because had deep pockets on the spending front. Yet arguably its harder thanks to the added pressure expense piles on. I mistook your initial response for that. I'm glad we are finally on the same page.

SouthMancRed

Cheimoon's Fault
Yeah every game of theirs will be like this until end of the season. Wonder if INEOS could do the unthinkable and persuade someone to cross divide for first time in 60 years. Would you take anyone of them given the opportunity?
I'd take anyone from anywhere that improved us. Just as well football was less tribal about these things in the days of Busby and Law!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Winning the Champions League is impressive but it's a tier below willing EPL and UCL in the same year.

You can't call yourself "European Champions" because you won the UCL if you aren't even the best team domestically.

Applying the same logic would mean Wigan were "English Champions" for their 2013 FA Cup win despite finishing 20th domestically.
Like your passion, but that's just such ludicrous logic it's hilarious.

Obviously English champions would be the English league winners.
As there is no European league, obviously the biggest European cup gives the European champions.

Whether they can claim to be the "best" team in Europe is more up for dispute, as they'd not come ahead of another team in the English league, that'd be a better angle for your argument.

stevoc

Well you can't call yourselves the best team in Europe for beating fecking Spurs.

European Champions 2018-2019*

*Beat Tottenham Hotspur in final.

Josh 76

It's like he has been given more credit for finishing second than actually wining trophies. A bit like the Leeds team of the 70s.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Well you can't call yourselves the best team in Europe for beating fecking Spurs.

European Champions 2018-2019*

*Beat Tottenham Hotspur in final.
What about beating Bayern Munich, Barcelona and coming through a group with Napoli & PSG?

We had an easier run to the final in 21/22 and 17/18.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
What about beating Bayern Munich, Barcelona and coming through a group with Napoli & PSG?

We had an easier run to the final in 21/22 and 17/18.
21/22 was perhaps the most insanely easy run to a CL final I've ever seen.

Looking forward to Liverpool starting next season minus Klopp and (I think this will happen) Salah too. No matter who they get it's only downhill next year.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
He’s finished 8th, 5th, 4th twice, 3rd, 2nd twice and won it once and being heiled as some messiah.

In a 9 year spell they had a good 3 year run after he’d spent on record signings where apart from winning one league he won points total trophies.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
As others have said, the fact he only finished second twice to City appears to have gone over the Scouse-fellating media’s heads completely. You’d think big, bad City stopped Kloppo the Great from winning six titles on the spin the way he’s been feted. Mourinho and Solskjaer both finished second to City too and were caricatured as figures of fun.

Klopp did well at Liverpool but not deserving of the deification he’s receiving but are any of us genuinely surprised? On the plus side, Klopp cutting ties after eight years at the helm and not fancying a shot at a squad rebuild is only enhancing Ferguson’s sheer magnificence. Nobody comes close to the Great Man and let none of the Scouse gobshites suggest otherwise.

big_jeffstar

He’s finished 8th, 5th, 4th twice, 3rd, 2nd twice and won it once and being heiled as some messiah.

In a 9 year spell they had a good 3 year run after he’d spent on record signings where apart from winning one league he won points total trophies.
honestly, you’d think he’d gone on some mad five year run of winning the league and champs league with the way they’re going on about it. Most of them are certain he’ll get a statue… a statue ffs!!!

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
As others have said, the fact he only finished second twice to City appears to have gone over the Scouse-fellating media’s heads completely. You’d think big, bad City stopped Kloppo the Great from winning six titles on the spin the way he’s been feted. Mourinho and Solskjaer both finished second to City too and were caricatured as figures of fun.

Klopp did well at Liverpool but not deserving of the deification he’s receiving but are any of us genuinely surprised? On the plus side, Klopp cutting ties after eight years at the helm and not fancying a shot at a squad rebuild is only enhancing Ferguson’s sheer magnificence. Nobody comes close to the Great Man and let none of the Scouse gobshites suggest otherwise.
Pep has surpassed anyone who’s ever coached at this point. I don’t think SAF would be able to coach in this day and age with the way players are now with salaries, agents and the like. It’s a new sport and the Peps and Klopps of the world know how to deal with it.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Pep has surpassed anyone who’s ever coached at this point. I don’t think SAF would be able to coach in this day and age with the way players are now with salaries, agents and the like. It’s a new sport and the Peps and Klopps of the world know how to deal with it.
He definitely hasn't. He had one impressive run with Barca, failed at Bayern (in the sense that he was signed to improve them and he never reached Heynckes' last season) and got results totally on par with City's financial power.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Still fishing I see.

RedRocket9908

Pep has surpassed anyone who’s ever coached at this point.
He really hasnt, its unbelievable how over-rated a manager who has never worked in a job where he actually has to manage the players he has got rather than having a virtually unlimited budget to buy any new player he wants is.

IRELANDUNITED

Alas, Runner up with a single point gap from the winner is a wee bit different from runner up with a 15 point gap.
No it isn’t, when a team cheats it makes their achievement totally irrelevant, so winning by 1 point or 101 points it doesn’t matter.

IRELANDUNITED

Well no, Klopp obviously doesn’t know how to deal with it, otherwise he wouldn’t be leaving Liverpool at such a young age.

I am very surprised he is leaving if I’m being honest, considering how little he’s won and how much he’s spent. I thought he would have at least tried to win a bit more before he left.

cyberman

SAF literally retired as league champion around one whole year before Klopp took charge at Liverpool.
What utter nonsense. He didn’t retire in the 90s for feck sake

GMoore23

His PL finishes :
8th
4th
4th
2nd
1st
3rd
2nd
5th

A good manager but terribly overrated.

Liverpool fans and the media are acting like they're losing Fergusons equal.

Heinzesight

:lol:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

honestly, you’d think he’d gone on some mad five year run of winning the league and champs league with the way they’re going on about it. Most of them are certain he’ll get a statue… a statue ffs!!!
His PL finishes :
8th
4th
4th
2nd
1st
3rd
2nd
5th

A good manager but terribly overrated.

Liverpool fans and the media are acting like they're losing Fergusons equal.
He's nothing short of brilliant. Those 2 seasons he finished 2nd it was incredibly unlucky not to earn a PL given how Liverpool played, and he hit the CL final twice too (?) whilst winning it once. He has won one of each cup and transcended players and milked their quality.

What I give him most respect for however, is his juggling his personal struggles and still being able to rebuild his teams. He lost his mother during the phase of those less impressive finishes and still managed to keep fighting. The spirit of the manager is very much seen in the way Liverpool have played under him, and Dortmund before that.

OldSchoolManc

He's nothing short of brilliant. Those 2 seasons he finished 2nd it was incredibly unlucky not to earn a PL given how Liverpool played, and he hit the CL final twice too (?) whilst winning it once. He has won one of each cup and transcended players and milked their quality.

What I give him most respect for however, is his juggling his personal struggles and still being able to rebuild his teams. He lost his mother during the phase of those less impressive finishes and still managed to keep fighting. The spirit of the manager is very much seen in the way Liverpool have played under him, and Dortmund before that.
In the words of Liverpool’s own most vaunted legends, 2nd is nowhere

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout

Highlighting he got to CL finals also emphasises how many finals he lost. Which is also an element that shows how overrated he is. Like winning finals isn't even important to judge him - the mere fact of reaching those finals is apparently a gold medal.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Highlighting he got to CL finals also emphasises how many finals he lost. Which is also an element that shows how overrated he is. Like winning finals isn't even important to judge him - the mere fact of reaching those finals is apparently a gold medal.
Not quite what I was eluding to. Liverpool were broadly a nothing club with a fluke Champions league in 2005 before him. He went in, spent a fraction of what Pep did (?) and won the CL in less time, whilst also winning their first ever PL. He also pushed Pep all the way despite having fewer resources 3 times. It's not just about what he won, but how he had Liverpool playing and how efficient he was. The points tally even in the seasons he came just short was insane.

He rebuilt the squad which was much needed after last year and would be unbeaten if not for that dubious Spurs loss earlier this season. All whilst grappling big personal losses.

So yeah, he's pretty good. I regard him as the best manager in the world and am quite sure Pep wouldn't achieve the same at Liverpool if the money hose were swapped. I don't think Klopp is overrated.